Anime vs. Manga

View Poll Results: What do you prefer, the Pokémon anime or manga?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anime (any one you like)

13 50.00%
  • Manga (any one you like)

14 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Anime vs. Manga

Blog Entries

Smile Anime vs. Manga

The manga and anime both have many good things. Which one do you prefer? I personally thought that the manga was way better than the anime. The anime gradually was worse as it moved on, but I'd like to hear your opinions. So, once again, do you like the anime or manga?
    ~!

This is totally better than any Shadow Lugia out there.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You're going to have to be considerably more specific when you say "the manga" since there's no such thing. There's dozens of them.

"The manga" is Ignorantian for "Special".
    So.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I like special, but it's always charged so quickly through the games. It also sometimes feels too serious. If I were to prefer one, I guess it would be the Anime. I've been liking it a lot more than I use to since the Battle Frontier arc. However, really, I think I'm more of a fan of the games than either.

PDL

Due accessability issues, and the fact that I'm not much of a manga reader, I'm more familiar with the anime.

Although I do find Magical Pokémon Journey to be very cute, and Electric Tail of Pikachu is good as well.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries

Post Contradiction

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    You're going to have to be considerably more specific when you say "the manga" since there's no such thing. There's dozens of them.
    I like how you just contradicted yourself by saying there's no such thing as manga, yet you say there's dozens of them...
    ~!

This is totally better than any Shadow Lugia out there.

Listenin' to Dragons...! LightningKimba's Avatar
    Follow LightningKimba On Twitter Add LightningKimba on Facebook
    Follow LightningKimba on Tumblr Visit LightningKimba's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ht14 View Post
    I like how you just contradicted yourself by saying there's no such thing as manga, yet you say there's dozens of them...
    By that, he meant that there is nothing of the "Pokémon manga" itself. There's many different kinds, one of my faves being the Battle Frontier manga. For me, I read and enjoy the Pokémon Special manga a LOT more than the regular TV anime. The only thing I get from the anime is often a cheap laugh.

Blog Entries

Due to the limited selection of Pokémon manga over here in the States (although it is awesome that Viz is now releasing them again over here!) and the fact that I'm so familiar with the anime, I'm going to have to go with anime. It's the form of Pokémon media that I specialize in, you could say.

The anime gradually was worse as it moved on, but I'd like to hear your opinions.
    Why is it that everyone- everyone- says this about the anime? If anything, it's better now that it ever has been before. The anime did go down in quality when we got to Johto, but it got better during Master Quest.

And yes, I know the answer to the question is nostalgia. o.o
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ht14 View Post
    No contradiction at all. There's no "THE manga" because that means that there's only one. The existance of multitudes means that "the" can't be used since it's singular.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Even though there are many Pokemon Manga the two best (Probably to most people) are probably Electric Tail of Pikachu and Pokemon Special, so I'm sure that was probably more to what was being referred. Honestly I think Electric Tail is a little over appreciated. It basically retold the TV show but made it more like general Anime at the time.

It's a fun manga, but in the same sense that I feel Special Charges too quickly through the games, I think Electric Tail charged too quickly through the TV show. I don't remember how long it was now (I think it was 3-5 volumes), to me 30 or so chapters of the manga do not cover 50 episodes well, especially considering most manga properties translate 2 20 page chapters into one 24min episode.

I guess, that said, I tend to call Pokemon a "fun show" as well... but I guess I just view Pokemon around the levels of things like Shin Chan, Chibi Maruko-chan, or Detective Conan. Modernly Iconic and classic in a light hearted matter even though the plots may not go anywhere and might rely on a formula. I guess, like a Bugs Bunny cartoon or something.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by bell02+ View Post
    I like special, but it's always charged so quickly through the games. It also sometimes feels too serious. If I were to prefer one, I guess it would be the Anime. I've been liking it a lot more than I use to since the Battle Frontier arc. However, really, I think I'm more of a fan of the games than either.
    Maybe that's because the manga (and the anime, and the TCG and everyhting regarding Pokémon) is based on the games...... ¬¬

And that's why I prefer PokéSpecial, as it is the best portrait of the franchise, expanding the original story set by the games and even making it more mature without contradicting it (or at least not very often as other depictions do).

Anime was good at the start, but since Johto saga began, the series fell into a repetitive circle which is still trapped in, and when the GS Ballwas dropped, it proved there was no plot at all, so I think it is nonsense by now. Still, I watch it sometimes just because I love Dawn (and James Mexican voice actor and dialogues are very funny sometimes)...