All right, let's talk ancient. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All right, let's talk ancient.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: All right, let's talk ancient.

^^
    Actually, I'd rather go back to the 1940's, listen to old music, look at art-deco bulidings, fight Team Nazi, and do battle with Adolf Hitler, Pokemon-style!

Either that, or just see the Poke-World 1960's and trip with college students on Dream Smoke, while stopping an anti-war rebellion.

But, of course, going back 2000 years sounds particularly awesome. What would be really awesome is to see some sort of ancestor to Giovanni and Silver be the main villain. He would round up the outcasts of ancient soceity, and they would be *dun dun dun* Team Rock.

Blog Entries

The idea of an ancient pokémon game is pretty cool, but i don't think Nintendo or any other company related to pokémon would do that. Maybe as a spin-off, but even then there's not much chance they do that.
    Originally said by Albert Einstein
    Only 2 things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity. Though I'm not sure about the first one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Umbreon View Post
    The idea of an ancient pokémon game is pretty cool, but i don't think Nintendo or any other company related to pokémon would do that. Maybe as a spin-off, but even then there's not much chance they do that.
    Anything can be accomplished by angry protesters and Youtube videos of babies asking Nintendo for Pokémon.

Edit: What kind of Pokémon would Hitler have? O.o

Avatar by Banebuu. Licky by Larxion. Banner by Sayi.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sandslash-Trainer View Post
    It's pretty obvious he'd have a Jynx, for irony. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Noob View Post
    It's pretty obvious he'd have a Jynx, for irony. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.
    Touché.

Avatar by Banebuu. Licky by Larxion. Banner by Sayi.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sandslash-Trainer View Post
    Anything can be accomplished by angry protesters and Youtube videos of babies asking Nintendo for Pokémon.

Unless they prove Nintendo it will earn them a lot of money, i don't think Nintendo would care. The possibility of Nintendo doing a game like that is equal to the possibility of snow in the tropical regions in a place lower than 1 kilometer.
    Originally said by Albert Einstein
    Only 2 things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity. Though I'm not sure about the first one.

Blog Entries

This could make a great game, but if anything it would be a mystery dungeon game. Picture this-

You start out as a human, turned into a pokemon, blah blah blah. Celebi comes and starts recruiting pokes for team saving to go back in time to save certain pokemon from dying. Being a hero, you agree. You go back to multiple time periods, saving pokemon from a team (say, team evil) and adding them to your party or sending them to the present. But then... Celebi gets captured by a trainer, and it is YOU from the past. Pokemon you has to stop human you from using celebi's powers or you will be stuck in the past. It ends with a classic battle (like in the main series) of pokemon you, with human you helping, destroying team evil's plan of turning humans into pokemon. However, human you turns pokemon in the end, unconscious and with amnesia. Celebi brings human you back to pmd world and reverses the machine, turning you into a human in your present time.
    My Black Team

Pokemon Fossil and Amber! (9 9)

/tr/ had an idea not unleik zis a couple months agoh...
    Pchoooooooo~

IMG

I'ed love to see a game like this. There could be a new form of catching pokemon, befriending them.. or TEAM ROCKET STYLE?

Touches his inner badness Shwamperyu~8$'s Avatar

Or after post-Elite 4 you can go to the past by taking Celebi to a place that activates a event. In the past, your in a small island and in diffrent enviroments you will find certian fossil Pokemon that are catchable (Aerodactyl = Mountains)without reviving them

Propane & Propane accessories.
    -Hank Hill ( 1997-2008 )
    linkhatcherT is a pretty bad dude.

Proud U.S. Army Soldier! Agent Cobalt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lugion View Post
    Not necessarily. It's entirely possible that trainers could keep their Pokémon with them, similar to Ash and Pikachu. It's also possible, although I'm not entirely sure on this, that they are using Apricorns by this time. Kurt states that people used Apricorns before they used Poké Balls anyway.
    Ok, I'll clarify further- Man and Dinosaur didn't coexist according to modern science. What I'm trying to say is that even if the main character uses a time machine, it doesn't matter because man and fossil are entire eras apart. Unless this is a cartoony thing where cavemen are training pterosaurs to play fetch and Flintstones kinda stuff.

Blog Entries

This is pokemon world, not real life, so really Nintendo could do whatever with the pokemon past. My complete apologies if you have proof that ancient pokemon existed before humans. I haven't played kanto for a while so I don't know if any dialogue exists that proves it during the fossil grab or the museum. I didn't think hoenn or sinnoh said anything about them.

Also- I got to thinking: groudon/kyogre were ancient pokes, and humans had legends about them. But did the fossils come before them? Oh, the questions pokemon create... I love it xD
    My Black Team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Red G View Post
    This is pokemon world, not real life, so really Nintendo could do whatever with the pokemon past. My complete apologies if you have proof that ancient pokemon existed before humans. I haven't played kanto for a while so I don't know if any dialogue exists that proves it during the fossil grab or the museum. I didn't think hoenn or sinnoh said anything about them.

Also- I got to thinking: groudon/kyogre were ancient pokes, and humans had legends about them. But did the fossils come before them? Oh, the questions pokemon create... I love it xD
    Well considering there was no land or Ocean before them it's kinda obvious. Groudon and Kyogre were the first pokemon to exist that were not created by Arceus. They are "Super-Ancient" pokemon. they created the basis of Poke-Earth's climates Kyogre being the master of the sea and Groudon of the land.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12