Accommodations for Pokemon Trainers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ehh123
  • 2 Post By Rexasaur

Thread: Accommodations for Pokemon Trainers

Default Accommodations for Pokemon Trainers

Let's say the gym leader of a town or city is not available to fight until tomorrow and you want to stay overnight. Where do you go? I'm thinking there could be a place that offers free lodging for Pokemon Trainers. However, the offerings are very simplistic. The bed is a basic spring mattress with a sheet covering the mattress and a cover to top it off. There is a ceiling fan (AC is available on request). The only other things there are a cabinet for your clothes and a table with a lamp next to your bed in case you want to read at night. You may get your own bathroom (sink, toilet, and shower) or you may have a locker-room type place that you would have to share with other guests. Either way, the only luxuries they will provide are toilet paper. Everything else (both bed and bath) is your problem. Stay is limited to a week.

These accommodations are mostly for trainers who can't afford to stay at a hotel and do not have any family or friends in the area that can help them out. It ain't much but if you have been mostly been outside using a sleeping bag, at least you would be thankful that you have a roof over your head for a little bit.

What do you think?
    AntJR likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add Rexasaur on Facebook
    Visit Rexasaur's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Accommodations for Pokemon Trainers

In actual fact, Pokémon centres have places for Trainers to stay overnight, so their is no need for any other kind of accomodation. Although they do work in pretty much excatly the way you've described, although i'm not sure about there being a time-limit, but i'd assume it would be a week or less.

I think the priciple reason for accomodation in a Pokémon centre is if your Pokémon is really badly injured and needs overnight aid, or even multiple days, it's trainer can stay at the centre so that they can be called on quickly by Nurse Joy or her aides (Mostly Chansey).
    Owain and Baka-kun like this.
    Monitor for the Eeveelution Lovers Group - http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/eeveelution-lovers/

Claimed Leafeon on the 1st July 2012
    Claimed Quick Ball on the 1st July 2012
    Claimed Lucario Doll on the 1st July 2012
    Claimed Snow Cloak on the 1st July 2012

I caught a Leafeon with the Snow Cloak Ability using a Quick ball, and brought it a Lucario Doll :P

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/shadow-pokemon-135078/#post4133218 - My story, please read and criticise.

Thats a nice description of what a Pokemon Center's staying area could look like :)

In the anime series, Ash and his friends have had to stay at Pokemon Centers many times for different reasons, one of the reasons they've had to stay is when one of their Pokemon were in need of overnight aid, like Rexasaur said.

In my opinion, it'd be really cool if this were also in the games; situations where Gym Leaders arent available, and each Pokemon Center would function just like an Inn in Dragon Quest, where you have to pay a certain amount to stay overnight, and it fast-forwards to the next day :D
    Last edited by AntJR; 10th November 2012 at 02:11 PM.

Ol' Brown Eyes is back Jesse GS the II's Avatar

I've always just sort of assumed that Pokémon Centers have lodging for trainers, as well as restaurants and laundry service. Basically hotels for trainers, in addition to being hospitals for their Pokémon. It's one of those things that's rarely stated outright, but the audience is just meant to infer.
    This is my DeviantArt. Pretty neat, huh?

Jouto Redux
    One fan's re-imagining of the Jouto saga
    Read Chapter 6 now!

Blog Entries

Going by the anime Pokemon Center's also funtion as places where trainers can stay to rest and eat... so I guess it could be the same for the games
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Rexasaur View Post
    In actual fact, Pokémon centres have places for Trainers to stay overnight, so their is no need for any other kind of accomodation. Although they do work in pretty much excatly the way you've described, although i'm not sure about there being a time-limit, but i'd assume it would be a week or less.
    I actually didn't know this, and it does explain something I've always wondered about with the games (namely, where the character would stay on his or her travels all over this big country).

Still doesn't explain what the player does when s/he is trapped in a cave or some other place not in a city, though.
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 13th November 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    I actually didn't know this, and it does explain something I've always wondered about with the games (namely, where the character would say on his or her travels all over this big country).

Still doesn't explain what the player does when s/he is trapped in a cave or some other place not in a city, though.
    They'd camp out... I say most trainers stock up on food, Water and varies neccesities while in the wild and stock up on them when they're in a city/town
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Add Chiss on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    I actually didn't know this, and it does explain something I've always wondered about with the games (namely, where the character would say on his or her travels all over this big country).

They'd camp out... I say most trainers stock up on food, Water and varies neccesities while in the wild and stock up on them when they're in a city/town
    10 year olds in pokeworld must be pretty responsible.

Blog Entries

Haha, no, the trainers in the games are creatures who don't require sleep.

I always thought that trainers pretty much slept everywhere, depending on where the night catches them. I guess if they happened to be near a center, then they'd stay there. They're lucky whenever that's the case, because I imagine the accommodations there are complete (though basic, yes) and hotel-like. If night falls while they're in a bit of a secluded place, though, they'd probably have to set-up camp with the equipment they seem to always carry with them, as we have seen many times in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimchikid View Post
    Seeing as they're already able to tame sentient, powerful beings...

But yeah, kids in the pokéworld had always seemed more capable than those in the real world.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kimchikid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post

Seriously, I'm 22 and I'm not that responsible yet.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

They stay in one of these.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Add Chiss on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Droideka View Post
    They stay in one of these.
    Never seen one in any town I've visited. :D
    The pokemon league must be loaded to sponsor a bunch of trainers. I mean, food, shelter, electricity, supplies...

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

@Kimchikid: ever played B2W2?
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

That's the purpose that Pokemon Centers have in the amine. And they have those little sitting areas in the games.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

They can enter anyone's house, it's the league threatening people on what'll happen to them if they don't offer accomodations.