911 and pokemon?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kaori

Thread: 911 and pokemon?

certified badass

Default 911 and pokemon?

I was reading an article online and it said that the unova region referenced 911 with the placement of the desert above castelia city. It also said that kyurem was the embodiment of 911 and it's height was 9"11. What do you think?

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Default Re: 911 and pokemon?

I think some people are getting wrapped up in being paranoid/looking for meaning where there is none. I know it was horrible but not everything is alluding to 911 or other such disasters.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I thought you were talking about the police since you didn't put the slash between 9 and 11. People always make things up, you shouldn't believe it.

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

And on top the above posts...unless I'm mistaken, Kyurem's height is 9'10.

Some people just want to find excuses to be offended where there are none.
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

I run the Yourovision Song Contest. Join us!
    Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

Well, I do see the whole 9/11 reference with Route 4 and the Desert Resort, but honestly I think it was just a startling coincidence. They needed a desert area somewhere in the game, and they just happened to put it above a big city.

As for the whole Kyurem debacle, as the person above as well as Bulbapedia have pointed out, Kyurem's height is 9'10" - That aside, Kyurem was said to attack Lacunosa Town, not Castelia City, so it wouldn't even make sense how it would represent 9/11... unless, of course, you mean it's meant to represent the post-9/11 paranoia that is still very much alive in American society today, but you'd have to really be stretching it to come to that conclusion.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Admin note: let's NOT debate the existence (or lack of thereof) of a "post-9/11 paranoia in american society". Whether or not there is such a thing, has no place in the Pokémon World forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

certified badass

Alright, thanks for your opinions.

Blog Entries

All right since, Figment has more or less decreed this topic verboten. I will be locking this down.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion