1000 Pokemon? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1000 Pokemon?

1175 was the number of pokemons created by satoshi tajiri,the number was reveled in one interview about 9 years ago.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl13 View Post
    Pikablu exists. It's just busy fighting aliens.
    Lol at Nova-chu!

If it was the special surfing Pikablu (liek teh onez i gtz frm pokeyman pink) then he'd totally have to look like the silver surfer .

<on topic>

I definetly think that there is a huge number of pokemon that we hav'nt seen and probobly never will.

But i think its pretty naive to think that there are a pool of pokemon just waiting to be picked for each Gen.
    "Shellos does not approve" - XD

3DS FC: 4468-0966-0032
    Version: Y
    Type: Water. Pokemon: Frogadier(PROTEAN,WOO!), Gyarados, Panpour.

POKÈMON WHITE FC: 4684-7670-8863

Add me if you like :)

- My D/P team.
    - My blue team .

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    Have a link?
    sorry long time ago...
    many computer died on my hands...(link is long gone)
    and i think the site is also deleted...

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx3000 View Post
    Could this be true? I read somewhere, (can't remember) that originally Nintendo had made 1000 pokemon and we only see 493 or so now, so there could be way more. Maybe showing Ho-oh in the first anime episode might prove this, maybe not... Anyone have any thing on this?
    Ho-Oh being shown in the first episode in the Anime proves nothing. The Anime was made over a year into the initial release of the franchise, and during the production of GSC.

Default Pokemon 494

Even though it is not on the pokedex, there are 494 pokemon, and the 494th is the egg. But, is this hack pokemon that looks like arceus a screwed up version of it or is it another pokeomn?! It is very unlikely a new pokemon because otherwise nintendo would have placed it in.

When they put Ho-Oh in the first episode, it became obvious they already put in new pokemon that weren't released yet. They may have have came out when the first 151 were made.

Quote Originally Posted by reddragon122692 View Post
    Even though it is not on the pokedex, there are 494 pokemon, and the 494th is the egg. But, is this hack pokemon that looks like arceus a screwed up version of it or is it another pokeomn?! It is very unlikely a new pokemon because otherwise nintendo would have placed it in.
    The egg doesn't count as a Pokemon any more than the other forms of Wormadam do.

OK eggs don`t count the different forms o deoxsy count as one same thing with wormadam

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Restating what's already been stated for post counts?

If I recall, during the Serebii, Coronis, Purple Keckleon discovery thread going on at SPPf, the different Deoxys forms were technically assigned different numerical values due to all four of them being present in the same game, and Wormadam and Shellos and Gastrodon aswell. Although the Pokedex still considers them to have the same dex number as the other forms. Now I'm wondering under what numerical values would the eggs fall under?

I definately think some Pokemon were probably thought of long before they were released and went through design changes.

However, I also believe in the case of babys and evos definately that popularity/metagame influenced them to design some later.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "L" View Post
    Now I'm wondering under what numerical values would the eggs fall under?
    Egg is Index#494. Manaphy egg is Index#495.

Here's the index numbers.

wants Chain of Memories! CrystalGlacia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I do remember reading somewhere in the really old threads of this forum that apparently Satoshi Tajiri had ideas for a thousand Pokemon. May I note that he said this sometime just after the release of Pokemon Red/Green in Japan.

And just because he had ideas doesn't guarantee that all of them will ever exist.

Think about it.

I doubt Satoshi Tajiri woke up one morning and thought "Wow, I have 151 things to create a game about!"

He obviously discussed a possible 1000 & scrapped 849.

Also, as he is Japanese & probably was interviewed in Japanese, the statement "We considered 1000" might have been lost in translation to become "we created 1000 Pok&#233;mon", yes?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast