[Theory/Opinion] what do you THINK the humans in the pokemon universe eat? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [Theory/Opinion] what do you THINK the humans in the pokemon universe eat?

Wild Jessi has appeared! ElectricPiilot's Avatar

Default Re: [Theory/Opinion] what do you THINK the humans in the pokemon universe eat?

I agree with Dark Angel, but I do think that just like our world-- they might use the Pokemon for farming in addition to battling and pet-raising and whatnot just like we raise cows and pigs to make burgers and bacon... That is, if you've got the non-veggie diet. Also, they eat "jelly filled donuts" (applause to you, 4Kids), so I guess that infers they also make snacks just like the Japanese culture has Onigiri and the American culture has apple pies.

I think this may have already been said, though. I sort of skimmed the posts...

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Default Re: [Theory/Opinion] what do you THINK the humans in the pokemon universe eat?

I'd say they eat vegetarian meat.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

1. You obviously can't eat Ghost pokemon
    2. Any pokemon in the Mineral Egg group might be impossible to eat. Like someone above said, Roasted Geodude... it's just a rock.
    3. It might be safe to assume humans can eat Buffoulant, Tauros, Miltank, and maybe occasionally Stantler and Sawsbuck - and others in the Field Egg group (I don't know if I'm remembering correctly, but I think so)

Follow Bluecat on Tumblr

The Pokemon world seems to have its own food chains/webs. I'm thinking of Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, where Taillow of Team Tasty obviously wants to devour Wurmple. Flying is strong against Bug for a reason.

The idea of eating meat in real life is horrifying when you think about it. I once saw a headless pig getting carried to a butcher's shop and it wasn't pretty. But if you don't think about what it is and just enjoy the taste, it's OK, right? After all, humans are omnivores, evolved to eat plant and animal matter. So I imagine the Pokemon world would be the same. But the real question is... do they eat eggs, and which Pokemon do the eggs come from?

Steak have a pillory. pokefan548's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit pokefan548's Youtube Channel

It has occasionally been hinted at that Tauros steak is a common food, so I'd imagine there are other Pokémon people eat, but they don't eat many.

I got to think that SOME pokemon (like Tauros, for example) are eaten, but that most Pokemon are off-limits, sort of like how in many (but not all) cultures it's considered barbaric to eat dog or cat.

I believe Pokemon can produce food for people, for instance there's Chansey's eggs which they produce to cure other Pokemon and possibly people too. There's also Tropius' Bananecklace :P. There might be other pokemon that escape right now, but I'm pretty sure that's a possible solution.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036 - 7953 - 3202
    3DS Name: Edson
    FS Pokemon: Spearow, Tranquill, Rufflet.
    Feel free to add me, and if you do so PM me.

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

People are selfish and will do anything to rationalize how they get something they want. If humans thought Pokemon would be a good food source (and profitable to sell), there's no way in the world they wouldn't eat Pokemon.

But like some people said before, they'd probably just eat the ones that aren't cute and cuddly. Geez, the world is cruel.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

Well, many philosophies agree that if an animal is provem to be self aware, then, would be wrong to eat that animal. Some animals, such as chimps, are already proven to be self- aware, so that i wouldnt eat a chimp. But most animals shows no sign of self-awareness, such as cows. However, in the anime, most pokemons shows signs of self awareness, such as meowth, pikachu, mewtwo, bulbasaur, latias, jirachi, lucario, etc.

Pokemon eat other Pokemon.

Why would it be so outlandish for humans to eat certain Pokemon as well?
    Master Mew likes this.
    They will make pigs of you all and they will bury their snouts into your ribs and they will eat your hearts.

Ein
    Blog Entries

Follow Ein on Tumblr

My theory is that some types of Pokemon (eg Tauros, Mareep, Miltank, etc) have been specially bred for generations for food, and are mostly duller and not as intelligent as their wild compatriots. I mean the theory itself still has some unfortunate implications I suppose, but on the whole, the Pokemon whose meat is consumed by humans are nowhere near as smart as the "average" Pokemon in the wild or kept by trainers. So most people usually don't have an issue with eating them.
    White FC: Blair 4126 8383 6387

My claims: Joltik, Run Away, Snag Ball, Luck Incense, Shadow Rush.

Blog Entries

In the games, they eat Pokemon. It's been cannon since the first game where a fisherman states to throw the bones of fish pokemon back in the water so they can "revive". In the show, they ate real world animals, but only in the begining. When they added a cow pokemon beef was off the menu. It's gotten to the point where everyone in the anime either eats vegetables or sweets. "Pokemon Carnoisseur" my @&&...
    IGN: Jraken
    FC: 4227-2083-0655
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

RP Story: World Without Legends (ongoing)
    PS- I hope you like nightmares. >}
    Story Registry: Signups

It was already stated in both the games and anime Pokémon are edible and people do consume them.
    They've became less blatant about it as time passed, possibly in fear of backlash, but I see it as just censorship and ignore it. Regardless of the moral repercussions, I see people eating Pokémon once in a while to be more believable then pretend everyone, including the wildlife, are vegans. The whole idea sounds so ridiculous it just breaks my suspension of disbelief, so I think they do eat meat, but it happens offscreen.
    Last edited by Magma Bomb; 24th October 2013 at 08:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

You can raise pigs as pets, but you can also raise pigs for food.

Same thing. Swinub could be raised as pets, but they could also be raised for food.

Humans eat animals in real life. I don't see what's weird about people in the pokemon world eating their animals a.k.a., pokemons. It's only a matter of what the pokemon is made of that makes them edible or not. Eating an Aggron would be impossible, and Gengar as well.

Blog Entries

Follow Markos on Tumblr Visit Markos's Youtube Channel

Scrambled Blaziken Eggs!

Seriously though, probably no one feels guilty eating Magikarp for example.

Claims: Ferrothorn, PokéGear, Nanab Berry, Megahorn, Dry Skin, Caesar, Morgan Black

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast