- Ash x May - As said by previous posters, the mentor/student relationship they had was cute and there were quite a few hints (Grass Hysteria
and Date Expectations
spring to mind.) I don't like it as much as I do Pokeshipping, but I still like it.
- Giovanni x Lawrence III - A nevermet, but I think it could work. Both seem to be pretty wealthy guys, and if Giovanni wasn't aware of him prior to the second movie, I'm sure he would have afterwords. It seems like it could be quite the classy romance~
- Brock x Ash - It would explain why Brock stuck around for as long as he did. They obviously care a lot about each other.
- Ash x Dento - At least I think it's called that. From the previews I've seen of Best Wishes Dento looks utterly fabulous and seemed pretty interested in Ash (Or just wanted to get his order for something. Either way it has potential.)
- Paul x Ash - This is mostly a crack pairing for me. They seem to have a lot of tension between them whenever they meet up with each other. Must be UST
- Drew x May - Heavily hinted at throughout AG and Battle Frontier. I like the interaction between them.
- Giovanni x Delia - I have a hard time seeing this working in the present (Though I made up a headcanon where they did), but it works perfectly when set in the past. So many possibilties with this ship. (I think he's Ash's dad
because I'm a big Star Wars fan
- Prof.Oak x Delia - Similar to Diamondshipping, this doesn't work too well in the past for me, but it fits perfectly in the present. (I don't think he's Ash's dad, but it would be funny if it turned out to be true, if only to see the looks on Ash and Gary's faces) It would explain why they always seem to be together.
- Tracey x Daisy - Why else would she keep calling him over to the gym? And why would he keep agreeing to it? Because they luv each other~
- Pikachu x Ketchup - This needs to be brought back. It's my OTP for the Pokemon anime. If Best Wishes is going back to the series roots they can bring back some ketchup.
- Meowth x Pikachu - Whenever they get stuck together (usually because of the TRio's crazy schemes) by themselves, they get along pretty well. Nothing hardcore, but light fluff between these two is cute.
- Ash x Gary - I'm not really big on yaoi, but I find shounen ai adorable, especially when it's these two. They have so much history together.
- Ash x Dawn - Similar to Advanceshipping, though Dawn was on more even ground with Ash when she started compared to May. Like Advanceshipping, I don't like it as much as Pokeshipping, but I still like it.
- Brock x Lucy - One of the few females who wasn't creeped out by Brock's flirting. Even if it was only because she had a thing for squinty eyes, I still think they would make a good couple. Come on writers, can't you throw the poor guy a bone?
- Ash x Misty - I grew up with these two and loved the interaction between them. It's always been the default pairing in my head for both of them.
- Ash x Domino - I've read a few fics with this as the main pairing. I liked the dynamic of Goodie two-shoes boy/Bad girl (If anyone knows where I can find more fics of this please tell me.) Will it ever happen? I'm 100% sure it won't, but I still find it an interesting pairing.
- Max x Molly Hale - Again, a nevermet. But they're pretty close in age and both are pretty smart kids, so I could see it working out. Plus it's cute.
- Misty x Georgio - Georgio is the kid from the Chronicles episode A Date With Delcatty
. Many thanks to #Daisuke# for telling me the name of this ship. As an alternative to Pokeshipping it's pretty cute.
Max x Stephanie
(From Having a Wailord of a Time
) - She was only in one episode, but she was adorable and actually sounded like a little kid. Like most of my other ships, it's cute, so I ship it.
I'm not sure if these next few count, but I'll put them anyways:
Brandon x ???
- I'm totally convinced he's Paul and Reggie's dad, so there has to be a lady in there somewhere. The question is who...
Prof. Oak x ???
- Gary had to come from somewhere (You could argue adoption, but I'm having fun speculating.) This in turn lead to Tyson (The Rocket member in the Red Gyarados two-parter.)
Tyson Oak x ???
- I swear he's the missing link between Prof. Oak and Gary. Again, no idea who the mom is.