Your Experiences Shipping

Thread: Your Experiences Shipping

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

Default Your Experiences Shipping

Do any of you have any amusing or sweet anecdotes about shipping? ^_^

For me.. I swear I've got about 10 more than I actually remember.

In December 2010 I had my parent's house to myself for about a month while they and my sister were on holiday overseas. So while they were away, I put up a large poster outside my bedroom window reading 'WORLD HEADQUARTERS OF COMMANDSHIPPING' and covered my bedroom walls with various Team Rocket pictures I'd printed out. Always fun to see when I came back to the house.

I always love it when I have shippy dreams too.
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Your Experiences Shipping

Nothing Pokemon related, but I do have a few stories for other topics. xP

I've had a few LinkxZelda dreams in my day for Zelda pairings. And I won't forget the several IkexElincia vs GeoffreyxElincia debates I've gotten into with Fire Emblem fans. I no longer wish to debate about that subject, honestly. I'm glad IkexElincia is the more popular pairing and I have two best buddies who also like that pairing, and that's good enough for me. xP

Still, IkexElincia forever! x3

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Domino White View Post
    Do any of you have any amusing or sweet anecdotes about shipping? ^_^

For me.. I swear I've got about 10 more than I actually remember.

In December 2010 I had my parent's house to myself for about a month while they and my sister were on holiday overseas. So while they were away, I put up a large poster outside my bedroom window reading 'WORLD HEADQUARTERS OF COMMANDSHIPPING' and covered my bedroom walls with various Team Rocket pictures I'd printed out. Always fun to see when I came back to the house.

I always love it when I have shippy dreams too.
    That is so awesome! XD I'd love to hear more of your stories.

I don't recall having any shippy dreams, but I do have a mini-story.

Back in high school, two of my best friends were really into Nana, and they both were big Nobu x Nana shippers. The series didn't really appeal to me, but I knew enough about it to figure out what the rival ship was and then cover the inside of their lockers with the initials of said ship in hearts. Cue them posting ship manifestos in the notebook we'd pass around and write to each other in.

Not that great of one, but it gave us all a laugh. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    And I won't forget the several IkexElincia vs GeoffreyxElincia debates I've gotten into with Fire Emblem fans. I no longer wish to debate about that subject, honestly. I'm glad IkexElincia is the more popular pairing and I have two best buddies who also like that pairing, and that's good enough for me. xP

Still, IkexElincia forever! x3
    Is the FE fandom less open-minded about shipping?

It's nice that the community here is pretty lax nowadays. Nothing like the shipping wars of old from what I've heard. Great stories to laugh about, but in the end, it's all fictional in the end, who cares as long as you're having fun with it? xD

And yay for IkexElincia too~

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Somewhat less, yeah. But not so much that there are constant debates about a bunch of pairings on every fansite.

Oh, and I had a VERY shocking dream involving Geoffrey and IkexElincia once. In fact, it made me gain a little respect for Geoffrey, and that is very difficult to do. I rescued him from drowning in this dream (hey, I don't hate him so much that I'd want him dead), and in the boat, he told me something about him and Elincia. I can't remember what it was. But then I was disappointed and told him politely that I had hoped to see Ike and Elincia together. What Geoffrey said next is the shocking part. He smiled and said "Let's put it in the coding then." I just looked at him like...O_O and thought "What did you just say?!" I knew what he was talking about, of course, but the idea of it coming from him of all people...

It felt like he, a fictional character, came into my dreams and told me that he understands and is fine with my strict preference of IkexElincia...

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

I'm a bit frightened about this thread's existence. Regardless, I can give you all a story.

Once upon a time, there was a naïve little 11-year-old named Sith Droideka. Back then, he was all thrilled about the existence of Pokémon shippings! Being a naïve little brat, every day Sith went over to Bulbapedia and looked up shipping and then looked at the Pokéshipping page and giggled like a schoolgirl imagining how perfect and such this shipping was! He never bothered to look at any other shippings- it wasn't until TvTropes that he heard about the shipping wars of old. Even arguably "natural" shipmates like Contestshipping Sith ignored. His obsession with Ash/Misty got to the point that he even read Pokéshippy fanfics and ignored the clichés, began to hate Dawn/May, and even watched one of those bizarre Pokéshipping Youtube videos.

That last thing killed his shipping career, by the way. Why? Because whoever made the video had used Photoshop, meaning that they were coming up with illegitimate "hints"! And then I thought more, and reflected more, until little Sith realized that the whole idea was pointless and stupid and he would accomplish more by becoming a Democrat than he would becoming a die hard shipper.

Now, his shipping tendencies weren't destroyed, of course. Thanks to TvTropes, he was still Poké, followed Contest, and even picked up some others like mild Cyrus/Cynthia and Archie/Shelly. And of course he never really stopped being a PokéSpe Franticshipper and MangaPokéshipper and Rocketshipper and etc.

Then he discovered sporking and MSTing and all those other myriad things.

And then he began to instead mock all shippings because he thought it was funnier.

And that's my experiences with shipping. Not that I don't read a romance fanfic from time to time, and not that I don't find well-written relations cute, it's just that MSTing has warped my view of fanfiction. So there you have it.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Droideka View Post
    Once upon a time, there was a naïve little 11-year-old named Sith Droideka. Back then, he was all thrilled about the existence of Pokémon shippings! Being a naïve little brat, every day Sith went over to Bulbapedia and looked up shipping
    Bulbapedia didn't even exist a decade ago. How did you view it when you were 11?

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Bulbapedia didn't even exist a decade ago. How did you view it when you were 11?
    It's funny you believe he's over 20.

Moving on with the topic, if you wouldn't mind.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Well, I've fangirled about RedemptionShipping, HeartsoulShipping, RubyShipping and RangerShipping on several different websites.
    Does that count? :)

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There was a time, in the early days of 4th gen, when I was trawling Bulbapedia and found the shipping pages. I looked them over and decided which ones I liked. Of my original five, two remain, Rocket and Contest. The others changed over the years. Poke to Pallet to Morpheus to either to Morpheus again. Poke to Orange. Penguin to Ikari to Heattag, which became my OTP. Ikari to Coldcoffee to...Well, let's just say I ship Paul with either Barry or Ursula, Ursula with either Paul or Trip, and Trip with either Burghundy or Ursula, or maybe Georgia. All are hard to come by. The point is, a lot has changed. Being a shipper helped me develop my artistic ability and made me a few great friends. I now run Tumblr's only Heattag appreciation blog.

Shipping will keep my interest in Pokemon for long after I stop caring about the little critters. I never know whether to appreciate this or feel bad about it.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I fangirled over a lot of shippings, and I support quite a lot of them. Most fav is Palletshipping XDD

Blog Entries

I met my boyfriend of almost 4 years now through a Phoenix Wright shipping RP. Richard Wellington x The Bellboy, of all pairings. Then we started talking to each other, getting to know each other, and well. The rest is history. <3 We compare ourselves to certain pairings sometimes, too.

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!