Who should Ash end up with in the anime? - Page 18

View Poll Results: Who should Ash end up with?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • Misty

168 42.86%
  • Dawn

46 11.73%
  • May

69 17.60%
  • Iris

16 4.08%
  • Other.....

93 23.72%
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Who should Ash end up with in the anime?

Default Re: Who should Ash end up with in the anime?

It's really wasn't a jab at Serena, but more at the people who are running the Anime. Who keeps adding new faces for the sake of adding new faces.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThePalletTownKid View Post
    It's really wasn't a jab at Serena, but more at the people who are running the Anime. Who keeps adding new faces for the sake of adding new faces.
    This explained it better than I ever could! Serena is just going to be replaced, which gives the non-shippers less reason to support it. There is no need for new faces constantly.

If Ash doesn't end up with Misty, then he could end up with Giselle.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post
    This explained it better than I ever could! Serena is just going to be replaced, which gives the non-shippers less reason to support it. There is no need for new faces constantly.

Than say writers, people like myself could take it the wrong way. You have no idea how many rude Pokeshippers I've come across.

Yes, if they don't let any one stay beyound that series than yes, you could say he could up with just about any one.

Fun fact, even people who haven't ever shipped before are starting to ship Ash x Serena, heck Advancedshippers and Pearlshippers are starting to come together for this pairing, maybe it's the child hood friend ship they have that's doing this? Many love that type of pairing. So, that's what I find funny, after all these years of Ash pairings even though they would keep switching girls this is the one a lot of shippers and even none shippers are coming together for.

Edit;

Have I seen other pairings besides random of the day characters? How about Contestshipping? That was given pretty big hints over the course of the AG series.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

I'm not making a jab at Serena as a character: I'm merely pointing out how the writers have written her character. This writing strategy seems to have been employed with Serena's character in order to draw more older viewers into becoming more interested with the XY Series.

Guys, like I said, Ash will sadly end up with no one, though. I say this because of the pattern I've noticed this anime has taken: it's never-ending (800+ episodes already), and sadly, I don't expect Ash to win any regional League or ever become a Pokemon Master. All of Ash's newer companions are eventually replaced for newer ones every 3-4 years to make way for newer ones that coincide with the release of newer games, while the older ones have all been replaced (the only other characters to remain from the OS are Team Rocket--believe me, I don't know why). The anime has run for almost 16 years now (15 in the US), and there's sadly no sign of it ending yet. The anime won't end until the games do, which could be a very, very long time from now.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    I'm not making a jab at Serena as a character: I'm merely pointing out how the writers have written her character. This writing strategy seems to have been employed with Serena's character in order to draw more older viewers into becoming more interested with the XY Series.

Guys, like I said, Ash will sadly end up with no one, though. I say this because of the pattern I've noticed this anime has taken: it's never-ending (800+ episodes already), and sadly, I don't expect Ash to win any regional League or ever become a Pokemon Master. All of Ash's newer companions are eventually replaced for newer ones every 3-4 years to make way for newer ones that coincide with the release of newer games, while the older ones have all been replaced (the only other characters to remain from the OS are Team Rocket--believe me, I don't know why). The anime has run for almost 16 years now (15 in the US), and there's sadly no sign of it ending yet. The anime won't end until the games do, which could be a very, very long time from now.
    Traveling companions - gets replaced every few years and will have no reason to be shipped.
    Gary - unreplacable childhood friend. Ash's flashback in the last episode of BW had Gary in it.

It's really sad to see that nobody is accepting the fact Ash could end up with Gary. Shipping or not, the female companions get replaced and forgotten -Misty and May has not made one appearance ever since. Shipping or not, Gary's connection to Prof Oak itself can provide more than enough excuse if he ever appears again. Gary has plausible reasons to end up with Ash - even if it weren't shipping. None of the other girls has reason to end up with Ash - because they get replaced. Traveling companions get replaced. Childhood friends never get replaced. Serena? We'll have to see all of XY to say anything about her, but like I said, Childhood friends never get replaced, so Serena might have a good chance. But we'll have to see more episodes.

Shipping or not, it's gonna be Gary.
    The Immortal Femme Fatale of Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post

Than say writers, people like myself could take it the wrong way. You have no idea how many rude Pokeshippers I've come across.

Yes, if they don't let any one stay beyound that series than yes, you could say he could up with just about any one.

Fun fact, even people who haven't ever shipped before are starting to ship Ash x Serena, heck Advancedshippers and Pearlshippers are starting to come together for this pairing, maybe it's the child hood friend ship they have that's doing this? Many love that type of pairing. So, that's what I find funny, after all these years of Ash pairings even though they would keep switching girls this is the one a lot of shippers and even none shippers are coming together for.

Edit;

Have I seen other pairings besides random of the day characters? How about Contestshipping? That was given pretty big hints over the course of the AG series.

I think we can all agreed that it was really random with the way they're introducing Serena, it's like in the past 10-15 years they never mentioned that Ash has a childhood friend but now he does?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    I am sorry for all the PokeShippers, but Misty liking Ash was not the intention of the writers at all. In fact, in one of Takeshi Shudo's blog entries, he states that Misty did not have a crush on Ash and it will never be more than friendship. It is 100% authentic. Sorry PokeShippers.
    See here it's translated: Entry 2 - or here http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f300/pok%C3%A9shipping-34915/index227.html#post1251369

(Takeshi Shudo's Blogs)

So I am going to have to say Ash x Serena has the most chance of happening now.
    Takeshi Shudo passed away

All hail the Great Uniter Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

yoooooo I think we all need to calm down a bit.

Don't insult other ships. Don't generalize people that ship those ships by saying "most of them are rude" etc.

This entire thing is getting off topic. It's about Who Will Ash End Up With In The Anime not why one Ash ship is better than another. There are plenty of threads floating around for all of the different Ash shippings if you want to discuss them there, but the topic in this thread is not meant to be a debate. Stop arguing.

There's an Ash/Serena shipping thread as well if you want to discuss the mechanics of that.

Please get back on topic.
    I hear them coming for me, because the top is lonely

You could be king, but watch the queen conquer

It is Ash and Pikachu all the way, guys. All his companions may come and go, but Pikachu is forever.
    Which came first: the Mew or the Arceus?

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Ash should end up with serena, and this is coming from an advanceshipper

She is the perfect person for him
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Ash should end up with Misty at the end. She is the original girl, and I think the two complement each other well.

That said, if Ash can't end up with Misty, he can always go for Giselle.
    "The strongest Pokémon... Is this... the fulfillment of my dream?" --Dr. Fuji
    Brock: And I decided I want you to be my partner!
    Girl: What?!

Well, I think that Ash should end up with Gary because I just love that pairing! But if he has to end up with a girl (the usual rubbish about it being a kids show and all that), then I won't mind him being paired up with Serena or Misty. But I feel that whoever it would be, is going to face a tough competition from pikachu!
    And most importantly I just wish that Ash would start-off giving some hints about liking someone (May and Drew were ten year old too, and yet they were giving quite blatant hints), because unless and until he shows some sort of an interest it's gonna be impossible to pair him up with literally anyone.
    I hope the writers won't just pull a digimon-02 and pair him up with some random character at the end of the show towards whom he has never shown any sort of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Masato View Post
    Ash should end up with Misty at the end. She is the original girl, and I think the two complement each other well.

That said, if Ash can't end up with Misty, he can always go for Giselle.
    I like Misty too, she's the first girl. But I actually wouldn't mind seeing Serena as plan B if Misty died or something.

But what personality or depth of character DOES Serena have? All I see is generic female lead girl...

I've shipped Ash and Misty since the beginning, but I think there is no denying Ash could end up with Serena, given what the writers have shown us so far, (granted, this is under the assumption he actually dates someone during the show's run). I'd like to see more of Serena before I jump the gun and say she has the potential for a solid connection with him like I think Misty does (operative word being "potential").

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast