What keeps you interested in your ship after so many years?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What keeps you interested in your ship after so many years?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default What keeps you interested in your ship after so many years?

Many people on this forum have followed and supported the same ship for 5-10+ years now. The fact that many people were kids when they first supported a ship and then aged to teen and adulthood but still held the same interest in their pairing says a lot.

So I ask, what kept YOU interested in your favorite shippings after so many years, and after aging throughout childhood, teen, and adulthood years?

Follow Chika on Tumblr

Default Re: What keeps you interested in your ship after so many years?

Hm. My oldest ship would probably be ColosseumShipping, dating back to when Colo first came out in English. That's always been sort of in the background for me and not a major ship, so I don't think it really counts, though.

I guess that leaves BurningLeafShipping (Red x Leaf) as the ship for this, then, which I've shipped for... 3 or 4 years? Not much compared to other ships (especially things like Poke and Rocket), but it's something. I'm a girl, and I got FireRed as my first Pokemon game not too long after it came out in 2004. I had a friend that's a guy get LeafGreen a week or two after I got FR. We'd play them endlessly. I got really attached to the trainers as a result of this. When I got my FRLG guidebook, I had even wrote the names of what we named the trainers on the brims of the hats of the protagonists on the covers.

So, when I started to get into shipping, I guess it's natural that it's the first ship I really went with. While it's not my OTP anymore (hi, FranticShipping), it's still very near and dear to my heart, probably because it reminds me of how I really started to get into this franchise to begin with. (It never really had anything to do with the actual guy, though, because as a kid barely cared a thing for romance and I guess something happened between our parents because we never saw each other again sometime shortly before DP was first announced.)

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I know it's true, and I know I can't be swayed, I continue with my support no matter what
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

I've been a AdvanceShipper since the early days of AG. Of course, I did not know about the AdvanceShipping Name, Hints, and such because I was little when It was premiered. All I knew that, they were so adorable together. Then Movie 9 came along and It showed how much Ash and May have together. The part where Ash puts her in the capsule was really touching when I watched It.

And when I decided to go back and re-watch the Advanced Generation (about 2-3 months ago), I began to look up the pairing names, the hints, etc: and that's when I started to become a full fledged AdvanceShipper.

So technically, Its been 9+ Years for supporting this ship. And I'll continue supporting It as much as I can until they become canon!
    beastmode953 likes this.

Blog Entries

I've only been into advanceshipping for a about 2 years or so. But I'd say what keeps me interested is fanfiction, and now the Advanceshipping forum...
    beastmode953 likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

If I find myself losing interest in one of my favorite ships, I watch AMVs and/or read fanfics about it. That usually rekindles my love for the ship right away.

Or I discuss it with @Kaoru & Hikaru; and @excalibur~;. ;]

President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

I've been interested in Advanceshipping for about three years now, and it's definitely the user created content such as fanart, amv's, fanfiction, and other things that keeps me interested.
    beastmode953 likes this.

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

I guess it's just a bit like being married, even though I'm not yet married. You get comfortable with your OTP after so long, you know it inside and out, sometimes you fall out of love for a little while, but a bond has been formed that doesn't break so easily. Every so often, something comes along to reignite the spark of passion, and then you've fallen in love all over again. :D
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

I've been a PokeShipper since childhood. After all these years, even after I've more or less left the Shipping community, it's still my OTP. And I still have no idea why.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

I've been supporting Rocketshipping through thick and thin since 2000, when Pokemon first aired in my country. And until now, I've never been really interested in any other ships.

What keeps me interested? Everything. Somehow, I arleady knew from the beginning that I was going to ship them for many years. It's just some kind of chemistry that makes you feel so warm inside... Not to mention many hints which keep my passion still burning after so many years. Musashi and Kojiro's bond is just something I've never seen anywhere else and I'm still in awe after so many years <3

Pearlshipping is really the only Ash pairing I've stuck with so far, I mean I ship other Ash pairings too but this ones my favorite. I just watch all the little moments they've had together in the series and now that
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

This obviously doesn't apply to any of my BW ships as all those characters are still on the show or otherwise nevermet, but for all my ships from DP and before, rewatching their old episodes is what does it for me. If I feel myself losing interest, all I need to do is watch an episode that has really cute interactions between the characters and I'll fall in love with the ship all over again.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Fanart, for sure.
    If it's a ship that is typically written really well, fanfiction. But since I have really high standards for fanfiction usually poorly written fanfiction turns me off a ship as opposed to turn me on.

Also rewatching episodes like @Insanish Danish; mentioned.

Also planning out fanfiction that never ends up written xD

I usually ship characters I like, which is why I dropped PokeShipping like in 2003-2004 (I can't stand Kasumi anymore). For Advance and Pearl, it's because I like both the characters, and their interactions also help those out. And of course, there's always cute fanart. <3
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Fanart, fanfiction (bad fics, either in characterization, plot or spelling/grammar, don't turn me off to a ship, I just ignore/stop reading them. That said, some ships have a lot more bad ones than others, or none at all T_T), and chats with other fans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast