These Shippings need to be removed!

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: These Shippings need to be removed!

  1. #1
    #1 Bossy PKMN Fan Hiidora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    33

    Exclamation These Shippings need to be removed!

    Recently, though I tried my hardest to ignore these things. I keep getting complaints from friends who go to 4chan, whom have apparently been signing onto Bulbapedia and adding random and strange unapproved shippings to the official Bulbapedian list.

    There ARE more then I listed.. I might add them to the list if I find them.

    Shippings that are proven to be by random 4chaners are.
    MasaTokiShipper - Pallet Town & Viridian City
    AwfulMusicShipper - Violet City & Olivine City
    PimpShipper - Ash & Everyone Else / Brock & Everyone Else <~~ This defies all existing shippings.. Despite how hilarious it is!
    ClapShipper - Gary's Left Hand & Gary's Right Hand
    SlapShipper - Misty & her right hand
    SlapHappyShipper - Gary, His Left Hand & His Right Hand
    SOME hand related shippings make more sense.. Such as Downboyshipping, but those shippings listed above do not. Also, the town shippings are proven to be added by 4chaners without any such approval by an admin or ANYONE actually and were added without warning..

    Also, though it's not as important, random Pokemon x random Pokemon that are un-owned and are not official characters should also not be added, due to their impracticality, but I doubt that'll be headed, if anything. Pay attention to the mock shippings above, I want permission to remove these unapproved shippings from the list.

  2. #2
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default Re: These Shippings need to be removed!

    ...*LOL*

    Um, no they aren't. Some of those ships are older than 4chan. And the rest are /years/ old.

    As such, they do not need to be removed, but thank you for your concern.

    You also CAN'T edit the list on the Pedia. No one but staffers can edit that page. It's protected. It hasn't been touched since 2009.

    And even if these...were confirmed 4chan-originated 'ships, they would stay.
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  3. #3
    #1 Bossy PKMN Fan Hiidora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: These Shippings need to be removed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zorua View Post
    ...*LOL*

    Um, no they aren't. Some of those ships are older than 4chan. And the rest are /years/ old.

    As such, they do not need to be removed, but thank you for your concern.

    You also CAN'T edit the list on the Pedia. No one but staffers can edit that page. It's protected. It hasn't been touched since 2009.

    And even if these...were confirmed 4chan-originated 'ships, they would stay.

    Ah, thank you very much for such a quick reply. I hadn't payed enough attention to the list itself to realize you couldn't edit that section.. I was sure though that the Town shippings were on 4chan, but then again.. It is 4chan!

  4. #4
    黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    13,153
    Blog Entries
    63
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

    Default Re: These Shippings need to be removed!

    The hand shippings were TPM era ships, there's a lot of weird fandom history that might not make much sense there to most modern shippers, but those of us who were around then (such as myself) want them kept. ;)
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

  5. #5
    Endless. Endless. J. S. Köttbulle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aboard a black ship
    Posts
    1,584
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: These Shippings need to be removed!

    Besides, large chunks of perfectly legit ship names (albeit ones with roots in odd references) would get lost in the process.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    - Jovi's Lament - Fantastic Voyage!? - Mother And Child - Teenager Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Reality -
    A person is not defined by their tastes, rather it is the other way 'round.

  6. #6
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default Re: These Shippings need to be removed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Excessive Spare Time View Post
    Besides, large chunks of perfectly legit ship names (albeit ones with roots in odd references) would get lost in the process.
    Heheh, mainly yours?
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  7. #7
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,787

    Default Re: These Shippings need to be removed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiidora View Post
    Recently, though I tried my hardest to ignore these things. I keep getting complaints from friends who go to 4chan, whom have apparently been signing onto Bulbapedia and adding random and strange unapproved shippings to the official Bulbapedian list.

    There ARE more then I listed.. I might add them to the list if I find them.

    Shippings that are proven to be by random 4chaners are.
    MasaTokiShipper - Pallet Town & Viridian City
    AwfulMusicShipper - Violet City & Olivine City
    PimpShipper - Ash & Everyone Else / Brock & Everyone Else <~~ This defies all existing shippings.. Despite how hilarious it is!
    ClapShipper - Gary's Left Hand & Gary's Right Hand
    SlapShipper - Misty & her right hand
    SlapHappyShipper - Gary, His Left Hand & His Right Hand
    SOME hand related shippings make more sense.. Such as Downboyshipping, but those shippings listed above do not. Also, the town shippings are proven to be added by 4chaners without any such approval by an admin or ANYONE actually and were added without warning..

    Also, though it's not as important, random Pokemon x random Pokemon that are un-owned and are not official characters should also not be added, due to their impracticality, but I doubt that'll be headed, if anything. Pay attention to the mock shippings above, I want permission to remove these unapproved shippings from the list.
    The only ship that should stay there is Slapshipper.

  8. #8
    tour de alto mare loudpipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Violet City
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: These Shippings need to be removed!

    On a slightly different note... AwfulMusicShipping? Blasphemy! Violet/Olivine has one of the best themes of the franchise, in my opinion.


    you gotta roll with it, baby.


  9. #9
    Endless. Endless. J. S. Köttbulle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aboard a black ship
    Posts
    1,584
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: These Shippings need to be removed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zorua View Post
    Heheh, mainly yours?
    You've been doing research, haven't you? *grin*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    - Jovi's Lament - Fantastic Voyage!? - Mother And Child - Teenager Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Reality -
    A person is not defined by their tastes, rather it is the other way 'round.

  10. #10
    Doesn't like your writing Reyairia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,278
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: These Shippings need to be removed!

    Butthurt alert, someone call the whambulance.

    FC: 4684 8353 4304

  11. #11
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default Re: These Shippings need to be removed!

    All right, folks, this isn't a pot-shot thread. It was left open for anyone else willing to put their two cents in on the subject at hand. If anything similar should arise, you can always make a new thread (though a post in the List thread or a PM mighrt be more appropriate).

    *closes*
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •