In terms of shipping, what is your favourite Saga in the Anime?

View Poll Results: Your favourite Saga, shippings-wise?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Series.

21 42.00%
  • Advanced Generation.

26 52.00%
  • Diamond and Pearl.

11 22.00%
  • Best Wishes.

6 12.00%
  • I like them all equally.

5 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In terms of shipping, what is your favourite Saga in the Anime?

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default In terms of shipping, what is your favourite Saga in the Anime?

So... which saga did you feel was your favourite in terms of shipping and why? Could be because it had (some of) your favourite shipping(s), the hints might have been excellently conveyed in various shippings, it had a great potential in shippings, it had the best moments for your favourite ship (if you ship runs through more than one saga, for example, Pikashipping), it had a lot of ships in it, it had ships you'd never think of intially and you felt they were fantastic ships at that, or the character interactions in the main cast were appealing to you, or for many other reasons?

It doesn't necessarily have to be your favourite Saga as a whole, either- this is in terms of shipping, not generally. The Multiple choice is for the circumstances that you've more than one favourite saga, shipping-wise.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: In terms of shipping, what is your favourite Saga in the Anime?

Johto saga - The Silver Conference arc. For Palletshipping :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Ah, just because you posted before I finished the poll, I forgot to mention that they would be the Sagas, as in OS, AG, DP and BW. Do you mind that yours would be considered as OS as a whole? ^^"
    dropping slow."

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Likeitornot. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Ah, just because you posted before I finished the poll, I forgot to mention that they would be the Sagas, as in OS, AG, DP and BW. Do you mind that yours would be considered as OS as a whole? ^^"
    Well yes XDD Ah, and I'll also pick BW - I recently got into CafeMochashipping and Sommeliershipping (how do you even spell that?)

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are we talking about real in-show shipping? If so I think AG had the most.

Johto was pretty un-shippy as a whole, which is odd because Kanto/Orange had a lot of it. I felt like Johto abandoned shipping at least until the tail-end. DP had a number of Dawn ships I liked but oddly none of them really went anywhere or got any promotion in the anime.

As for BW I feel there's no real shipping in the anime anymore. Cilan and Iris don't really show any interest about love whatsoever, which I find strange as every main character, even Max, had a crush at some point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Are we talking about real in-show shipping? If so I think AG had the most.
    Not necessarily- it's focused on your favourite. By "real", I presume you mean hint-heavy, and I'll just say some people ship regardless of the hints a ship has or how canon it is. However, yes, prominent romantic hints is, of course, a valid reason for having a particular Saga as a shipping favourite.
    And, yes, when I say the sagas, the characters and ships should be in the Saga itself too. So, in-show.
    dropping slow."

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

As for BW I feel there's no real shipping in the anime anymore. Cilan and Iris don't really show any interest about love whatsoever, which I find strange as every main character, even Max, had a crush at some point.
    Burgandy seems to have a crush on Cilan, imo

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Hm, this is a pretty interesting question.

If I were to go solely by "canon-ness" (as in, romantic advances were pretty much EXPLICITLY stated), I'd have to go with Hoenn because of the prominence of ContestShipping (and in the fanon world, Advanceshipping).

But, my favorite ship is in DP, so I may have to choose that instead XD I think that during both AG and DP, the fan community was pretty vibrant with a large array of fan works. I feel like in DP, you had a lot more choices because there were more recurring characters. You had Pearl, Ikari, Coma, ColdCoffee, HeatTag, Penguin, TwinLeaf...and possibly one of the most Rocketshippy episodes ever :O

I remember having a good time shipping that saga.

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post

But, my favorite ship is in DP, so I may have to choose that instead XD I think that during both AG and DP, the fan community was pretty vibrant with a large array of fan works. I feel like in DP, you had a lot more choices because there were more recurring characters. You had Pearl, Ikari, Coma, ColdCoffee, HeatTag, Penguin, TwinLeaf...and possibly one of the most Rocketshippy episodes ever :O
    Yeah, I think this is why Johto was so un-shippy. With the introduction of new characters and new rivals, there are more shipping possibilities.

Johto just stuck with the same old cast, and the only new character we got was Casey who only appeared in like 3 episodes. Since there were no new characters to ship with, all Johto had was a fading Pokeshipping and the few times Gary showed up, so there wasn't anything to talk about.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I think this is why Johto was so un-shippy. With the introduction of new characters and new rivals, there are more shipping possibilities.

Johto just stuck with the same old cast, and the only new character we got was Casey who only appeared in like 3 episodes. Since there were no new characters to ship with, all Johto had was a fading Pokeshipping and the few times Gary showed up, so there wasn't anything to talk about.
    You have to keep in mind though, that some shippers prefer quality over quantity. And if you're a palletshipper, the scenes at the Johto league would have pretty much made your life. Regardless of how scarcely Gary may have shown, it's an event that the fandom will never forget, and is still referenced today. I'm not a pokeshipper, but considering how many moments Ash and Misty had together in Johto (them being trapped inside a cage and blushing at the mention of their possible romance being one that sticks out clearly in my mind), it's not fair to say that Pokeshipping was fading either.

The existence of more (visible) shipping choices do not determine the "shippiness" of the series - that's all subjective to individual tastes. OP did a wonderful job of explaining that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    I'm not a pokeshipper, but considering how many moments Ash and Misty had together in Johto (them being trapped inside a cage and blushing at the mention of their possible romance being one that sticks out clearly in my mind), it's not fair to say that Pokeshipping was fading either.
    That was Orange Islands, not Johto. You're thinking of "Pokeball Peril" when Brock had left but before Tracey had joined.

What Pokeshipping moments were there in Johto outside of Misty's goodbye ep? I know she got a bit jealous of Macy during the league but that's about it.

The existence of more (visible) shipping choices do not determine the "shippiness" of the series - that's all subjective to individual tastes. OP did a wonderful job of explaining that.
    I know that, but when you have multiple new characters introduced, there is by default more to talk about. Most of the shippings in DP and BW stemmed from all the new and extra rivals we got during those sagas.

Blog Entries

That was Orange Islands, not Johto. You're thinking of "Pokeball Peril" when Brock had left but before Tracey had joined.
    Really? I could have sworn Chikorita was somehow involved in all of this 0_0 *rubs brain*

What Pokeshipping moments were there in Johto outside of Misty's goodbye ep? I know she got a bit jealous of Macy during the league but that's about it.
    I'm not a pokeshipper, I don't keep track. But I'd say that that's a pretty strong argument for it, wouldn't you say? :P Sometimes, just the acknowledgement that the two characters are still traveling together is enough to fuel the shipping along. It's completely up to audience participation/interpretation. and don't ignore my palletshipping-ness XP
    I know that, but when you have multiple new characters introduced, there is by default more to talk about. Most of the shippings in DP and BW stemmed from all the new and extra rivals we got during those sagas.
    Not necessarily. There could be a lot of characters popping up, but no apparent chemistry between them (again, subjective). Even though I like making a lot of pairings in BW because you CAN (several shippable rivals), it's hard for me to make a long term commitment to any ONE of them, save for Cafemochashipping (and even then, it's still not on the same level as my favorite).

I guess what I'm trying to say is (in fear of derailing the thread), there is no right answer or ranking to "what is the shippiest saga?" It's based on opinion.

Blog Entries

Best Wishes, hands down.

Omertashipping. Chili and Cress. Holy sweet crap. Plus Cafemocha and a slight touch of Maplesyrup.

I also like shipping Stephan/Ash, Georgia/Burgundy and (surprise) Ash/Iris, so.

But Omertashipping really really makes it for me.

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

fanon world?! >(

AG, It was AdvanceShipping's time of glory. From the very first episode to the end, there was a hint there and everywhere in the middle.
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Hmmmmm. This is hard, because while aesthetically the AG-era ships stuck around with me more (Advance/Contest/Poke debates back in the day were FUN) and I thought the characters in general were more shippable and had more Freudian excuses to backup their interactions, I shipped more actively in the D/P era, and those ships were a lot more playful, fun, and interesting. And there were so many choices and so many recurring characters that all had really interesting dynamics with one another that make for good shipping fodder.

DP wins out. :p

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast