Should Ash have an actual love interest? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Should Ash have an actual love interest?

Default Re: Should Ash have an actual love interest?

Seeing as I ship AshxMay I would like him to have a Love interest but seeing as how many people support many different ships then if he gets with someone a lot of people will be upset. Major shippings like Advanceshipping, Pokeshipping etc should not happen as many people would argue that Ash should be with someone else. Any person that is shipped with Ash shouldn't end up with someone either as again people will be upset. Say if contestshipping happened I would be upset because I support Advanceshipping even if Ash didn't get with someone as it would ruin the chances of Advanceshipping of ever happening. Shippings that don't involve someone shipped with Ash would be better if they happened as it would mean a lot less people would be upset but no matter what happens youcan't please everybody. Plus its a kids show so I doubt it will come true and we can only follow our own headcanon. So ultimately I would like him to have one but he shouldn't so people don't get upset if a ship they support doesn't becom canon
    AdvanceShipping

Credit to the amazing Princess of Hoenn for the banner

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

A lot of people would be upset if Ash had a crush on a girl and/or vice versa. Especially Misty, May, or Dawn fans. Meh - We don't need to have him have a girl for a love interest... XDD. I suggest give Ash a love interest who is a boy LOL. now everybody's happy

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

I definitely don't think so. Ash having a love interest would completely take away from the focus of the show. It's different if a side character or someone not quite on the same level of importance of Ash (i.e. May) has a love interest because since they're not in the total spotlight of the show, but Ash having a love interest would be ridiculous. Also remember that Ash has absolutely no interest in romance whatsoever. Whatever moments he's had with Misty, May, Dawn, whoever, don't point to him being in a relationship ever and for that I'm glad.

Keep in mind that even though many of us here are teenagers or in our 20s, the main audience is young kids. And these kids most likely watch this show for what is--a show about a young boy and his friends journeying together throughout this fictional world, battling and catching and befriending Pokemon. That is what the show is about, that is what the target audience wants to see, and it's going to stay that way.

Opinions wise, it's different, as obviously there are some people who wish Ash had a love interest. They think the show would be more interesting that way. But personally even though I'm a massive shipper (and I multiship Ash with like, too many characters for me to even think of right now), I do not think Ash should have a love interest. The closest Ash really had to a love interest was when he had small moments with Misty in the original series, and if you ask me that's all the show needs. It doesn't need to focus on Ash being romantically involved with someone. I think the show is enjoyable the way it is without the need for love interests for the main character.

(sorry for the tl;dr DX)
    back to being a non-edible pastry

In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar

Maybe.
    It would make things more interesting, but it might be a little strange.
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

Ash is ten. Misty is close enough of a love interest as we should get.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345