Should Ash have an actual love interest? - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Should Ash have an actual love interest?

Default Re: Should Ash have an actual love interest?

I wouldn't have a problem with it at all if they went about it the right way. Im not sure i've ever "shipped" him with anyone other than Misty. If they ended up together it wouldn't feel forced at all to me, given their past. I always saw May and Dawn as little sister-figures to him. Iris is just kind of a friend. None of them would have a smooth transition into a bf/gf relationship status for me. Putting him together with one-shot crushes would especially feel rushed. I guess what im saying is for me personally the only girl I could see him being with, without it being rushed and awkward, is Misty.

I still think the writers could pull it off without taking the focus off of his journey. It doesn't have to be a huge deal. It could just be an episode or 2 focusing on him getting together with whoever it may be, then you could leave it alone for the most part..unless it was someone he was traveling with like Iris..then it might get awkward.

So yes. If the transition is smooth enough and it isn't forced or awkward I think he should. Misty would be great but whoever fits the criteria I mentioned would be fine with me.
    Last edited by GibleKidd; 7th October 2012 at 01:02 AM.

Add Chiss on Facebook

If he could, it should be subtle. If younger boys watching found out Ash had a gf then they might quit watching because of the "mushyness."

I wouldn't mind Ash getting a crush from his side for once. It will show that he's starting to grow somewhere. But I know that will cause a panic attack for shipping fans.

Registered User PokéShipperForever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon19 View Post
    I still think the writers could pull it off without taking the focus off of his journey. It doesn't have to be a huge deal. It could just be an episode or 2 focusing on him getting together with whoever it may be, then you could leave it alone for the most part..unless it was someone he was traveling with like Iris..then it might get awkward..
    Exactly.

I've been a pokeshipping fan almost since I began watching the show back in the day, so it'd be wonderful if, somehow, Misty was brought back someway that isn't too abrupt. I may be a little selfish, but I'm not sure I would like it too much if he was paired with anyone else, as Misty's feelings are already very well established. I believe ash has matured a lot in the years of watching the show, though yes, he is still a bit blunt. Doesn't mean there couldn't be feelings deep inside that could be brought out in a couple of episodes.

Dunno.. Love to see it happen, kind of doubt it will... Here's to hoping..
    GibleKidd likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Crushes that end in pain are fine, but romance? Unacceptable! The adventure and wonder of Pokemon would take backseat to Ash's sappy social-life. Good shipping can be entertaining or sweet for a while, but actual major romance makes everything epically cliche. Plus it would kill the childhoods of several million people.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I watched yugioh Zexal II episode 8 today.
    And I was glad that Ash doesn't have a fix heroin he will suddenly end up with.
    Because any time a girl like Rio might appear in any time and you want Ash to hook up with her but unfortunately you can't since he has a fixed heroin like Kotori.
    I think Ash should multiple girl who crushing on him like a Harem but writer should keep Ash's feeling a mystery.
    User_Name likes this.

Yeah I think so!
    I will not bother to mention all the Pokeshipping hints (yes I do know some of them are not in the orginial version but tons still excist) but for me those are very strong. I would love to seem them finally be together after all those years.

This anime has been going on for such a long time and I understand if people don't wanna have a lot of seasons with romance exc but I do think AshxMisty ending up together is a good idea.

Bringing back the orginal 3 for one last journey together and in this season (that also would be the last) make them a couple. Ash becomes a Pokemon master (please bring the old Pokemon like Butterfree/Pidgeot back) and in the last episode is ending with " 15 years later or something" when AshxMisty have a kid on their own that will start his own journey.

But yeah I guess it is a bit selfish to think that way cause I really don't wanna see Ash with someone else (okay Im only at season 7 atm and even if May is alright I don't see her that way and I doubt I will about Dawn/Iris either).

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I wouldn't mind Ash getting a crush from his side for once. It will show that he's starting to grow somewhere. But I know that will cause a panic attack for shipping fans.
    Ya , But it will make the Anime more fan !
    Specially if that girl is incredibly beautiful and close to Ash's main rival.
    Basically A Girl Ash can't have just by being sweet and Kind .

Blog Entries

I think Ash should have a love interest, and episodes will have parts where they include the romance stuff. Key word there, PARTS. We're not gonna have whole episodes dedicated to Ash's love life. Maybe one or two, but that's it. The main theme of Pokémon will still be the same, but still, he should have a love interest. In most animes, the Main Character has a love life, so why shouldn't Pokémon include that? Another thought: what if one boy and one girl fight for his love?

Banner made by Sir Caprizant.

A romantic relationship could be interesting I guess. As it is now I wouldn't care if there was one and I don't really care who it was with. Any girl would do, except maybe Jessie or someone just stupid. I thought the whole Anabel thing was interesting. She was the first crush that I ever noticed that wasn't just silly like the girl from the Johto league. If Ash were to some reason accept that Frontier Brain offer from Scott then maybe that could get started. Someone would have to show him the ropes of being a Frontier Brain and wouldn't Anabel just jump at the chance?

But yeah, if they did, which they probably won't, unless Ash wins a league sometimes soon, it would need to be tactful and not dominating. Lots of tv for younger audiences have lots of romance, even if its the really stupid kind. But a romantic involvement for Ash shouldn't eclipse the overall story arch and shouldn't really be mushy gushy for maybe a few minutes in every other episode with maybe a special "date" very occasionally.

Also, for comic relief Ash would have to remain dense for all of the misunderstandings that bf/gf relationships have. And it would be fun if pikachu played the part of jealous best friend, constantly trying to sabotage them.

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

I want to see the series end when he's old and he finally finds the girl of his dreams after becoming a Pokemon master. Or something like that. But he's ten freaking years old sooo
    Caseydia likes this.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

I think that if that were to happen, it would create a huge eruption in the fanbase (as said before) and, along with this, pokemon would lose alot of it's younger boy fans. This is probably why it hasn't been approached. It would quite simply be too sudden for such a dense boy as Ash, and especially the show itself. Maybe, if they brought it on slowly, it would eventually form into something that might actually work.
    Oh, but how I would love to see Ash show feelings towards May.
    Also, at the rate pokemon is going, it's going to be a while until the show ends. Or maybe not. Maybe they'll run out of ideas.
    Roses Die, but Ribbons Last Forever

Read my fanfiction, Within Our Crumbling World, and please review!

Ships for no reason. ThisIsSparta9000's Avatar

Visit ThisIsSparta9000's Youtube Channel

That's where the manga kicks in. Ash's anime is just meant for little 5-9 year olds. The manga can give ash a love interest (which they might have done) and is more violent (obviously).

Oh yeah btw it would make the series better.

Oh yeah forgot to say, in the manga series ash has a romantic relationship with misty.
    Last edited by Araragi-hakase; 8th December 2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: adding in from double posts

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsSparta9000 View Post
    Oh yeah forgot to say, in the manga series ash has a romantic relationship with misty.
    what manga?

Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

Blog Entries

well.. just looking at Ash's personility i don't think he could fall in love, he's more intrested in his Pikachu than any of those girls.
    however i do have to say i was sad when Misty left the series..she was one of my favorites..but then again around the time misty left..i stoped watching the anime anyways..i still watch the movies but i'm not as intrested in the anime as i am in the game series.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast