Should Ash have an actual love interest? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Ash have an actual love interest?

Default Re: Should Ash have an actual love interest?

Ash himself is a bit too naive for love.

however, they could do like what One Piece did with Boa Hancock and introduce a character who has romantic feelings for him in a humorous sense(like she could be a trainer who fangirled over him from all the tournaments he was in or something.)

Yes. There was originally going to be pokéshipping but was later abandoned. Most animes have love thingies in them. :P

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

No. As much as I would love to see the reaction most of the fandom would have, no.

Blog Entries

It would never work with rotating female MCs.

The only ones I thought were possible in canon were brock but no longer and pikachu.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Ash does have a Actual love Interest .
    Her name is Misty !
    Lets be Honest , If Misty still was traveling with Ash then she would be only one Ash would fall in love with !
    Like , Yuma & Kotori from Yugioh Zexal !
    Its totally obvious that Yuma will end up with Kotori no matter how many better girl show up.
    The same case would have been with Ash & Misty if they were still traveling togather!

Lost in the numbers :S Jacko19863's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dont think there should be a "Love interest", Because people might not be ok with that. Itd be funny, Like fawfulmark said to have someone in it who has been fangirling him :P

Anywayz, If there was, Misty would obvs fit the part. That was the first one, He still owes her a bike & that was the longest one (Not sure bcuz dawn lasted a while)
    I've claimed
    Pokémon
    Zoroark (26/9/12)

Moves
    Earthquake (26/9/12)
    Items
    Tidal Bell (26/9/12)
    DeepSeaTooth (26/9/12)
    Abilities
    Magnet Pull (26/9/12)

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Should he have a love interest? Honestly, probably not. The only way you could really develop a relationship like that without it really screwing with the franchise would be to have another between generations arc like they had with the Orange Islands, allowing them to focus a bit more on character development than they might otherwise. That's not going to happen any time soon. Even if you did have such an arc, it'd eventually come to an end, and they'd just have to shove that relationship to the side, so it'd feel awkward.

Personally, I'm not really expecting anything involving Ash and romance in this show until they're ready to wind up the series. Something in an epilogue or something. That's what I've said for the last decade, and I'm sticking to it. ;)
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    Personally, I'm not really expecting anything involving Ash and romance in this show until they're ready to wind up the series. Something in an epilogue or something. That's what I've said for the last decade, and I'm sticking to it. ;)
    Even when/if there's an epilogue, I doubt Pokemon will do a, "years in the future" kind of thing showing the characters as adults. If this was any other anime I'd say its possible, but knowing Pokemon, I don't think they would ever want to show Ash as an adult, even if the show was ending.

Funny how you mention Orange Islands, because when Johto rolled along, the writers did almost exactly what you just typed. This is probably why they don't bother giving Ash a love interest besides one-shot characters like Anabel, Angie, etc. who only appear briefly and then never again.

Come to think of it we haven't had a filler girl in Best Wishes crush on Ash yet...

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

i think that ash should have one in the future but insted of hindering him in his quest she should help him, have a similar goal or had been friend with ash for a long time, im actually interested in seeing may or misty return and maybe even begin the love interest plot soon better be may or else......
    Last edited by Araragi-hakase; 3rd October 2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: font size

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko19863 View Post
    I dont think there should be a "Love interest", Because people might not be ok with that. Itd be funny, Like fawfulmark said to have someone in it who has been fangirling him :P

Anywayz, If there was, Misty would obvs fit the part. That was the first one, He still owes her a bike & that was the longest one (Not sure bcuz dawn lasted a while)
    The bike debt has been paid off long ago and just because she was the first and longest doesn't mean she'll be the one. I wonder if it will be the last and shortest girl to get his attention.^_^

if he did eventually all i hope is that it wouldn't be misty.Here is why, most people don't end up with their first crush i think it would be good to see that point of realism which isn't in alot of anime(though it probably is in some) that is why i would like it to be someone else(despite the fact that i have always liked pokeshipping) i'd also think it would need to be someone with whom Ash could have a proper battle.

~The Bird Who Can't Fly~ VioletJay's Avatar

Visit VioletJay's Youtube Channel

It would be nice to kinda have some AshXMay innuendo.

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

eh, I don't think Ash should have an actual love intrest. It makes it more fun to Ship him with everyone XD.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

Didn't at least one of the creators once state that, for all intents and purposes, they prefer if "romance" and "Pokémon" aren't used in the same sentence? As I recall, they were stunned at the very idea of a romantic subplot and wrote it off as ridiculous.

And besides, pairing Ash off with somebody at this point would be kind of sudden and forced given the fact that he's been at this for FIFTEEN YEARS, is now on his FOURTH female traveling companion—not to mention all the one-off girls he's met along the way—and has never shown definitive interest in ANY of them in all this time (save Giselle, which can be written off as Early Installment Weirdness). Let's face it, the kid's past his use-by date. If they were going to pair him off, they should have done it ages ago.

Similar problems apply even if Ash is gay—being a straight man (at least as far as I know), I just used girls as my personal default option.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by The Togekiss View Post
    eh, I don't think Ash should have an actual love intrest. It makes it more fun to Ship him with everyone XD.
    That's true and it's what I love about this show. Only fans make huge deals out of nothing leading to more trouble than the ship is.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast