Which ships did you get into, "late" after a generation was over?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which ships did you get into, "late" after a generation was over?

Default Which ships did you get into, "late" after a generation was over?

I know its never too late to get into a shipping, but did you ever get into a shipping "late" after that particular generation was over, or after its heydey of its fandom?

Like for example you weren't following the franchise closely at the time, then years later you check out what you missed, and get into something only to find out the fandom for it has completely fizzled out? Or on the other hand, you get into it and find out a fandom is as strong as ever, and you're trying to discuss it with those veterans for the first time?

What Pokemon shippings did you get into "late" as opposed to when we were in that particular generation?

Default Re: Which ships did you get into, "late" after a generation was over?

I didn't even start watching the anime until 2007. By then, it was really difficult to talk about Rocketshipping with the veterans since I had about 500 episodes and almost 10 years to catch up on.

Thankfully, my fellow Rocketshippers were pretty patient as I caught up on the episodes. And I did have plenty of stuff to watch and discuss that just made me love the ship even more.

Contest is one. I had initially rejected AG because I was an Original Series diehard when I was little. (smh) But after playing Emerald I started back up with the anime and started liking that ship. :3

Also- kind of- Pallet. I started liking it around the beginning of AG, which I think is kinda late. Even though it's a very popular and persistent ship even today. :P
    :: pc profile :: blog ::

"I have no use for people who have learned
    the limits of the possible."
    - Leonard da Quirm

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I didn't even start watching the anime until 2007. By then, it was really difficult to talk about Rocketshipping with the veterans since I had about 500 episodes and almost 10 years to catch up on.
    Do you ever wish you could have been there during the Kanto days of the fandom discussing with the original Rocketshippers, or does it not matter to you? Back then you guys had to deal with the, "James is gay" stuff, thanks to 4kids mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna~ View Post
    Contest is one. I had initially rejected AG because I was an Original Series diehard when I was little. (smh) But after playing Emerald I started back up with the anime and started liking that ship. :3
    Well AG originally debuted in 2002/2003, how old were you at the time? That was over 8 years ago so you had to have been young. And when did you get into the ship, a few years ago or in the last year or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Well AG originally debuted in 2002/2003, how old were you at the time? That was over 8 years ago so you had to have been young. And when did you get into the ship, a few years ago or in the last year or two?
    Oh I must have been eight or nine. Was a crazy little child lol. Used to be RocketShipper & PokeShipper; now I'm neither. And I started getting into Contest maybe 'round 2004 or '05. About the time I started finding more online communities.
    Last edited by EternallyAnna; 8th August 2011 at 12:42 AM.
    :: pc profile :: blog ::

"I have no use for people who have learned
    the limits of the possible."
    - Leonard da Quirm

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Do you ever wish you could have been there during the Kanto days of the fandom discussing with the original Rocketshippers, or does it not matter to you? Back then you guys had to deal with the, "James is gay" stuff, thanks to 4kids mostly.
    After looking at some of those old discussions at UPN and whatever other old forums I could find... not really. And not just because of the JiG stuff, (though I'm sure you know how much I hate that) but because a lot of those discussions were pretty silly. (They're married in the manga! That means it'll be canon in the anime any day now!) Plus, not many people knew what the Japanese version was like, so there was so much misinformation and craziness going on.

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

AppealShipping. Got into it after Zoey's final episode, lol. But I didn't start watching the anime until about a year ago.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I got into PalletShipping way after halfway through the DP series XD I don't regret it though - it's still going strong anywhere LOL
    Pokemon Protagonist Mafia - Accepting Subs (click the pic!)

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

I got into a lot of my ships late. I lost interest in Pokemon when I was in...fourth or fifth grade I think, and I didn't get back into it until 2007, which is when I got into Pokeshipping, Contestshipping, Rocketshipping, etc. Basically I got into the original series and AG ships late, and then I got into my DP ships while DP was airing. Same with my BW ships.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

I have to say just about all of mine since I haven't watched the show since I was 9 and today I'm 17
    I'm a James fan! I love shipping and the Pokemon anime

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Contest for me as well... I didn't watch AG for like two years.... and then when I picked it back up, I was like, "this ship is totally awesome. Why haven't I been watching this?" So, not necessarily after the gen was over, but still pretty late.

Same with Morpheus. I only started liking it recently. So I guess that counts, yeah? :3

Yeah, I suppose this thread also applies to ships you were indifferent to at first but started liking later...not just ships you missed watching the first time around.

Happy 4th of July :3 PokemonLotty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ahahhaa, I got into like everything just recently. When I was little I saw the obvious hints but, I was like in denial because I thought love was "icky" so I vehemently denied the obvious hints between Ash and Misty, Misty was my favorite and I hated Ash, so that was a big no-no to small child me. Even my brother, who's younger than me saw Ash and Misty's hints and said stuff about it to me and I even made up a lie saying that Ash and Misty were long lost siblings so they couldn't like each other cuz I wanted my brother hidden from the blatant hints :p Ahaha, I was such a strange child. I found Drew and May's hints too obvious too deny so I would just hate on Drew :p (I was like 7/8) So, I got into everything late, Pokeshipping, Rocketshipping, Contestshipping, Penguinshipping. All late, but, it's okay, cause there are still supporters to discuss with.
    Please read and review my fanfic, The Very Best Like No One Ever Was:
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/my-first-fanfiction-pokemon-ashs-father-97505/

Here's my fanfiction profile:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2575363/pokemonfangirl4

Patientlly awaiting the airing of TR vs. TP special...

For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Twinleafshipping for me lol. I lost interest in Pokemon since early 2001 and it wasn't until June 2009 (about a month before I joined the forums) that I got into it again. By that time, DPPT interest by the fandom was replaced by the then-upcoming HGSS games. I just sometimes wish I could've been interest in that pair earlier when it was just new, not when the gen is almost over. XDD

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Got into AG (and therefore AdvanceShipping) and pokemon in general in 2009 =P
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast