Shippings You Used To Love But No More

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Shippings You Used To Love But No More

Default Shippings You Used To Love But No More

Ever had those moments that the pairings you used to love and support, then suddenly you grew out of it and wanted to support something new or maybe you wanted to take a break from it.

Explain why you stop supporting the pairings you like.
    .::Sppf's #1 Tales Games Fan::.

.::Banner by Made By IronSceptile X(Sppf)::.
    Nebilim Rocks And She's Sexy<3
    .::Live Journal::.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Shippings You Used To Love But No More

My most tragic ship loss...Rocketshipping, for sure.

I mean, since I was like 8, I supported Rocketshipping with a fiery passion. I got acquainted with the pokemon fanbase that way, especially with a lot of the Rocket fans that are on these forums right now. The Rockets were my favorite aspect about the show and pairing Jessie and James up just seemed natural to me considering all they've been through together.

But, then...for some reason, that spark died down with time. I'm pretty sure that DP kinda milked the Rockets out for all they were worth. Now, it does contain some of my favorite Rocket episodes of all time (DP73, DP117) but they were pretty few and far in between. Plus, a new shiny shipping would soon dominate every aspect of my life...

So, I just stopped caring for it 24/7. I used to have a Rocketshipping fantasy every night before I went to sleep, but they eventually stopped too. BW Rockets did not have the same kind of interactions they had previously that made me ship them in the first place. Of course, every once in a while, like recently, I will be excited when a new development arises, but it'll never have the same intensity as it did before.

And yeah, that kinda makes me sad.

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

I used to love ChoosenShipping, but OldRival had this spice Choosen never had...The flame died out and now OldRival is my biffle ;D I really don't know what happened though :(

"I don’t put much stock in anyone else’s opinions of a person.
    I prefer to judge the people I meet with my own eyes."

-tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG ~AwEsOmE sAuCe305~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

AdvanceShipping for me, not that I'm going to quit supporting it but ya know take a break.:P

After reading "Two of a Kind" made by Cybercubed/Gliscor'd, I got into a massive AS sugarush from late 2008 to late 2010. Yeah I was really rabid at the time, so rabid that I got into a flame war w/ a deviant on DA cuz he disses AdvanceShipping (cuz he's a Poke supporter) and due to our flame war, we eventually stopped and became friends regardless for shipping preferences. Oh yeah another thing i became really good friends w/ a rabid AS supporter whose now a NegaiShipper and she's still my BFF <3 who kinda well...stretched the whole truth about AS, stating it was extremely popular in Japan and how the writers supports it, ROFL.XDDDDDDD I bought into that whole stuff, no lie.:T Eventually my love for AS soon died out as I kept in touch w/ news involving Gen V and the BW anime as well other things like college...and obsessing samurai otters and talking ponies **gets shot**

Other ships that I had support were short-lived...>_<

CavalierShipping aka GaryxDawn didn't last long...I got into it when I heard about Gary appearing in the shieldon episode and thought how cute it'll be if I pair him w/ Dawn.:P Sadly Gary only appeared like 3 times during DP and the ship doesn't have much love...:0< I later had thoughts to make it canon in a comic series I was working on but then I changed my mind b/c I had a friend who wanted me to put his main OC paired up w/ Dawn so I'm still wondering about the friends whose OCs are paired w/ canon be continued to be paired up except for May cuz I paired w/ Ash:P

BrendanxLeaf: I know a WTF shipping that i used to support except I don't know the name for it. Didn't know my reasons for liking it apart from they're both game characters whose opposite gender game counterparts whose anime counterparts I support.XDDDDD Anyways I use to mistook so much for games w/ anime, hence I thought Red was Ash while May(game) was May while i USED to believe that Leaf is Ash's long lost sister whose name is Ashely....>.> Yeah my imagination was very f**ked up at that time...Knowing both Brendan and Leaf weren't focused on too much in the anime, aside for Brendan to appear in a 5 second cameo 3 times, they kinda screamed "LuigixDaisy" to me which led me to ship them. Later on I abandoned that ship as I favored AdvanceShipping alot more....

FerrisWheelShipping: This one I supported for 2 months IIRC, I guess I didn't liked it b/c of the well-known reputation to portray Touko/N as some Twilight couple known to many as FetishWheelShipping. I agree w/ all those rants based on how N was always the mysterious romantic while Touko is some submissive girl, I lol'd at each rant I read/see.XP

I guess that's my list for the shippings that I loved once w/ crappy explantion except I'm slowly getting back to liking AS again since I'm redoing a comic dedicated to it.XP

Pinkie Pie: Best Pokemon Trainer

Fun Fact. I was once a Poke shipper. I was into it because, well everbody else was. I just decided to go with the flow and follow what was popular. I kinda fell out of shipping sometime after Master Quest and only recently got back into it when I decided to watch the old episodes. After watching them I relised that I really had no reason to support it. I mean I don't hate but I never really saw it happening. Like I said earlier, I use to always follow the flow and go with what everybody else was following.
    I do alot of things. The real qustion that you should be asking is if I'm actually good at those things
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FanFiction.net~deviantart~anipan~GPX+~tumblr~pixiv

All the possibilities. TanktheAvengineer's Avatar

I used to be purebred Pokeshipper, hated May when she came out, raged for a good few weeks, left the fandom aside from playing the games.
    Then, come a few years ago, I got back into Pokemon (as a whole).
    I remembered that I loved Hoenn, partially because of Aggrons, so I naturally started with Advanced Gen. I was a horny little 13 year old at the time.
    I saw May. I could relate to Ash as a big eater and a trainer. Do the math.
    Anyways, I leaped completely the hell out of Pokeshipping and lept firmly into the grasps of Advanceshipping, which is where I will likely stay for a very long time.
    I'm kind of getting back into Pokeshipping a bit, but its like... an ex-girlfriend who's still a friend. Still there, but... not as much as the new girlfriend.

The irony of a guy who's a 'forever alone' making girlfriend analogies. I know.
    The person formerly known as 'TanktheAggron'

In terms of Pokemon Shipping:
    Advanceshipper here!

I've never been one for more romantic stuff. I'm more of the 'perverted guy' type of shipper. 8]
    Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

My Fanfiction - All stories about to get nuked. God I was an awful writer.

I used to LURVE Wishfulshipping, and I think it was because there was no one else to ship Iris and Cilan with at the time. It's was just "Hey, two characters, boom they're a couple." I still have a fondness for it, but I prefer their relationships with Ash (both sides), Burgundy, so forth and so on.

Avatar and signature made by Blue Dragon

friends through insanity taitofan's Avatar

I liked Rocketshipping for, like, a month way back in 1998. Then somewhere along the line I just...didn't like it. My taste in ships was changing back then (I took any ship canon even hinted at when I was a kid), so I suppose I can blame that for the most part.

And while I don't hate it or anything, Gingashipping was my OTP for a fair while. Then Reiji came about and I can barely ship Saturn with anyone but him. I still sort of like it, but I certainly don't love it anymore. None of my old OTPs fell as far as this one.

Once there was a little dream...
    LJ|Fanfiction|DA

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Everything. For me I saw shipping as something I got into when I was younger, but now after all these years I simply don't care about it anymore.

I was also never one of those people who cared for "never met" ships, so if characters don't ever meet or interact I can't care for it. I also don't really care about game!shippings and I don't read any Pokemon manga.

So I don't really care for shipping in general anymore, although I still respect people who like it.
    Last edited by The Fighting Misty; 12th January 2012 at 12:00 AM.

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

I suppose being a shipper is kind of like being in a relationship. Sometimes the spark dies - but it can become reignited again! I lost interest in FryxLeela for 4 years and then it suddenly came back in me with a passion. You never know. Just follow your nose, and don't be sad.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    I used to have a Rocketshipping fantasy every night before I went to sleep
    LOL, Pigg I always thought you seemed so innocent
    CommanderPigg likes this.
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Domino White View Post
    I suppose being a shipper is kind of like being in a relationship. Sometimes the spark dies - but it can become reignited again! I lost interest in FryxLeela for 4 years and then it suddenly came back in me with a passion. You never know. Just follow your nose, and don't be sad.
    Haha, this. You never never forget your ships, even if you don't ship them any more. Of course, like all relationships, you can completely break up with them like I did for Pokeshipping.

LOL, Pigg I always thought you seemed so innocent
    ...Not all of them were those kinds of fantasies, I just liked making stories in my head about their past or daily lives or future or whatever XD and admittedly, I had *cough* other ones too, but this applies to most my pairings *cough*
    Giovanni Sakaki likes this.

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

When Best Wishes first started, I tried to get all into KodakShipping. But now... *sigh* Even somebody like ME can't make that one compelling or believable. It's no ComaShipping, I'll put it that way.

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

I was almost a PokeShipper, but... I dunno, I guess Misty started to annoy me. ^^; I also had a short-lived interest in NegaiShipping, but that didn't last.
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post

...Not all of them were those kinds of fantasies, I just liked making stories in my head about their past or daily lives or future or whatever XD and admittedly, I had *cough* other ones too, but this applies to most my pairings *cough*
    Guilty of this as well.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Contestshipping, for me. Personally, as much as I am fond of the appeal of Love/Rivalry, and it had lots of substantical hints, there were things about the relationship, and some of their interactions that bothered me somewhat. It's weird, as much as I could see it being canon, I could imagine it as rather awkward too. Now, I don't dislike it or anything, I just feel differently about it now, than I used to.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Blog Entries

I used to love SoulSilverShipping, but I grew tired of it after a while, especially when BW came around. :/ So my reason is quite simply a loss of interest. And then I became a Wishfulshipper, but even now I think I don't support it as much as I used to. XD The fanart is cute, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast