Shipping - Real or a myth? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Is shipping real or is it a myth?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real, for sure!!!

    3 25.00%
  • Some are, some are not.

    9 75.00%
  • Not really.

    0 0%
  • Shipping is a myth.

    0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Shipping - Real or a myth?

  1. #16
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Shipping - Real or a myth?

    I think all the countless Skyla/Elesa fanart on Japanese sites is proof they can pair up whomever. I've never seen a girl on girl Gym leader pairing get so popular so fast.

  2. #17
    Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Truly Free State of Somalia
    Posts
    1,251
    Blog Entries
    543

    Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Shipping - Real or a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tardor View Post
    Ooooookay, UM, "mythical" is probably something you do not want to be calling 'ships. Calling it mythical means it does not exist at all. That's not true in the least, because if you were to call my OTP mythical, well, it's awesome to mythic proportions, but you're sending out an incredibly negative vibe and pretty much saying it shouldn't exist, because it's fabricated by imagination. Which is true, but you're adding on extra and definitely unwanted reasoning.
    So just because I 'ship nevermets, sir, I don't think they should be considered "mythical". Just say, "I don't support nevermet 'ships." Because that what everyone else has done in times before you.

    And this "plausible" thing is ridiculous, because that's someone picking and choosing how to interpret canon interacts, which is what ALL 'shippers (Poke, Advance, Pearl, Negai, Coma, Pallet, Boulder, CafeMaocha, Pika, ETC) do. Every single one of us picks and chooses how to interpret different characters and how they fit together. You might think Pokeshipping is "real" and every other Ash/girl/boy/pogey 'ship is instead plausible. I simply think Bouldershipping is the best Ash 'ship. I don't think it's "real" (far from it), and I don't think it's plausible (kid's show), but it's certainly not "mythical", because it's got its own evidence. Simple thinking is best.

    'Shipping is itself a belief system. Categorizing it is silly. Fighting over it is silly. Saying yours is "real" is silly. You either simply support it or you don't, and maybe you admit that another couple is more likely to happen or not. But regardless, thinking in terms, of real, plausible or (essentially) fake, that's not cool.
    I think you should read later. And, shipping is fine. Argh, I hate starting wars. Can I have a cookie? :P

    Anyways, I was just saying that certain ships are never to happen because they never met.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

  3. #18
    BURN ALL THE THINGS Itsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Outside the window of the Striaton Gym.
    Posts
    677
    Blog Entries
    69

    Default Re: Shipping - Real or a myth?

    I'm preeeeeetty sure the people who ship that stuff know that. No need to have to tell them again.

    And sometimes, nevermets are debatable. Will/Morty (my previous OTP) for example. People tell me it's a nevermet, yeah. But they're in the same league, and one could easily assume that the gym leaders and elites have met. Sure they haven't met in canon, but it's not too far a stretch to say they HAVE met. That's the thing about Pokemon compared to other series; if characters haven't talked to each other, a lot of times there are ways they can, and its not out of the question.

    Ain't shipping great?

    And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now


    Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!

  4. #19
    "Can I say I'm back?" Autumnbreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Below my laptop
    Posts
    1,699
    Blog Entries
    65

    Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

    Default Re: Shipping - Real or a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantZek View Post
    I think you should read later. And, shipping is fine. Argh, I hate starting wars. Can I have a cookie? :P

    Anyways, I was just saying that certain ships are never to happen because they never met.
    Hey Hey Hey, there's still a chance they can meet~ :P I know there are really no nevermet ships on my list, but I wish I did, It seems really fun writing fanfictions about how they can meet :D Hmmmm, I gonna go look into some now

    "So it was President White after all!"
    -tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

  5. #20
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default Re: Shipping - Real or a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantZek View Post
    I think you should read later. And, shipping is fine. Argh, I hate starting wars. Can I have a cookie? :P

    Anyways, I was just saying that certain ships are never to happen because they never met.
    I read the entire thread; it's my job. I'm just pointing out 1) your terminology is flawed and provoking (which can lead to a fight), and 2) you still haven't given a clear example of what this thread is about. You threw out a bunch of terms no one has ever used before, and your poll sounds more like: "Is the ACT of shipping a myth" which is certainly a no, because shippers exist and they are on this thread.

    So again, what is this thread about? You gave information. You never gave a question. (And no, "Is shipping real or is it a myth?" is not a proper question when you go on about 'ships themselves.) What are you asking?

    Clarify again.

    *hands you a cookie, too* Congrats. You've been baptized in the fires of this section.
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  6. #21
    Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Truly Free State of Somalia
    Posts
    1,251
    Blog Entries
    543

    Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Shipping - Real or a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tardor View Post
    I read the entire thread; it's my job. I'm just pointing out 1) your terminology is flawed and provoking (which can lead to a fight), and 2) you still haven't given a clear example of what this thread is about. You threw out a bunch of terms no one has ever used before, and your poll sounds more like: "Is the ACT of shipping a myth" which is certainly a no, because shippers exist and they are on this thread.

    So again, what is this thread about? You gave information. You never gave a question. (And no, "Is shipping real or is it a myth?" is not a proper question when you go on about 'ships themselves.) What are you asking?

    Clarify again.

    *hands you a cookie, too* Congrats. You've been baptized in the fires of this section.
    What I am saying is, that....err......umm...... Ok, say that there is a shipper thing like Cilan x Dawn (Of course, that Exists,) and that the way is if the shipping has hints or no hints, then even though there is no chances of being canon, it is still, unlikely plausible, but that all will happen when Dawn appears in BW.

    BUT WHAT IF the writers decide to skip Dawn appearing in BW? Then does the shipper happen? No. It's just fun to think of it and decide what would happen if it became canon.

    Now excuse me, because I have not been on the thread for a while and that BMGf's servers have been acting up for me, I will look at the Pokeshipping general discussion again.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

  7. #22
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default Re: Shipping - Real or a myth?

    I know what you mean. Now you aren't getting me.

    What are you asking? Such as:

    "Do you mostly support nevermet 'ships?"
    "Do you care if nevermets remain nevermets?"
    "Do you like 'ships that have some canon merit?"
    "Do you prefer your 'ships to have some canon merit?"
    "Do you prefer 'shipping couples that are 100% guaranteed?" (This one isn't for this fandom, but applies to many others.)
    "Do you just not care either way and your preferences are all over the place?"

    Is this what you're asking in this thread? Because discussion threads...sort of need a question to be answered. You never gave a proper question. That's what I'm telling you. You need a question, and your poll is not a question. Else you make others flounder into misunderstanding your intentions.
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  8. #23
    Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Truly Free State of Somalia
    Posts
    1,251
    Blog Entries
    543

    Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Shipping - Real or a myth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tardor View Post
    I know what you mean. Now you aren't getting me.

    What are you asking? Such as:

    "Do you mostly support nevermet 'ships?"
    "Do you care if nevermets remain nevermets?"
    "Do you like 'ships that have some canon merit?"
    "Do you prefer your 'ships to have some canon merit?"
    "Do you prefer 'shipping couples that are 100% guaranteed?" (This one isn't for this fandom, but applies to many others.)
    "Do you just not care either way and your preferences are all over the place?"

    Is this what you're asking in this thread? Because discussion threads...sort of need a question to be answered. You never gave a proper question. That's what I'm telling you. You need a question, and your poll is not a question. Else you make others flounder into misunderstanding your intentions.
    It's the fourth one, because if you favorite Shippings had canon merit, well prefer, I guess then people would like it. That's the question I was asking.

    If there is a thread like this, and if you are a mod, close this thread, I don't care.

    If not, change the title and the poll.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •