Shipping opinions on BW Anime and Hopes for XY?

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ashfangirl22
  • 1 Post By Likeitornot.

Thread: Shipping opinions on BW Anime and Hopes for XY?

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Shipping opinions on BW Anime and Hopes for XY?

Sure we still have one more episode left, but now that the gang of Best Wishes has split, and more information is spilling out about the XY cast, this seems a pleasurable period to take into account, shipping.

Firstly, how did Best Wishes stand up as a series for its shipping to you? This is not about opinions on matters more external to shipping for the series, but the dynamics of the interactions between the characters in Best Wishes as whole. Did the shipping live up to your expectation, did anything pleasantly surprise you? Did it disappoint you, were there elements that were overlooked, in your view? How about the quality and quantity of the shippings in BW? Did it keep up to the standards of sagas prior, did it improve on them or did it simply lag behind? Whatever opinions you have, please do back them up by explaining them.

Now, for the second half, I've already seen so much hype and shipping speculation for XY; people have already formed headcanons! Some of us tend to sit back and watch it unfold cautiously before jumping into a shipping. Even though I do wish I could stick to that, there's nothing like a wishlist to go upon! Nothing too gravely serious, just some good ol' shipping fun, I suppose. So, from the information that has been gathered, what do you hope for in the XY Anime?

You can answer either questions, or both, just remember to include the reasons why for your statements.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Default Re: Shipping opinions on BW Anime and Hopes for XY?

Well, BW was a big let down shipping wise...I gave up half way through and even began to hate some characters to stop shipping them. For example, used to think Negishipping was cute than that what a kid comment came into play, than after that went downhill andi truly started to hate her character than I didn't want her with Ash at all, I'm just happy she's gone. I just gave her to Dento cuz I was bored by than.

X and Y has loads of potential for shipping, Serena knew Ash as a kid, that screams romance for PokemonXD On top of that, the poster shows her blushing and looking at Ash, hints galore. I'm sure Bonnie will find some one for her bro towards the end of the series, since that seems to be her roleXD

I ship Adh x Serena though now :)
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Honestly , I was pissed about how BW series treating Ash that I have no time thinking about Shipping .
    The Huge Part of Pokemon Fandom is a Shipper so the Anime should use it rather then get rid of it in order to be a Kids Anime .
    Even Doraemon has Cannon Ship and it meant for even younger Kids !!!

Blog Entries

The only BW shipping I really liked was FlareBusterShipping (Trip x Georgia). The others weren't exactly my cup of tea.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

In BW Series , Writer's believe the stupid idea about Shipping being unnecessary in Kids Anime & get rid of that!!!
    They did a lot of thing to make Pokemon BW Series a True Kids Anime which actually killed the show and Kids weren't even interested in that series as much they were interested in Doraemon .
    So , Writer should stop trying to make Pokemon a Kids Anime and do everything they can to attract any audience including Shipper in XY Series.

I hope ,
    A flirty Manipulative girl like Nene (Digimon Xros War) will appear in XY Series who seem to hold a lot of Secret and has a connection with Main Antagonist !!! She will often flirt with Ash to fuel Serena's Jealousy But also provide Ash some good information!!!

Also , Ash could finally have a Serious Bitchy female main rival who believe her battling style to be absolute and despise Ash until Ash teach her to respect other people's battling style and later she develop feeling for him but doesn't admit it! Basically A Tsundere Giselle .

Also , Bonnie could show affection toward Ash and wish to be his Bride .
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 21st September 2013 at 03:39 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't think anyone in BW would be compatible outside foe yay yaoi OOC plots.

For XY I'm already looking forward to AshXSerena.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Personally, Best Wishes had a plethora of potential when it came to shipping. Best Wishes was the first to facilitate all the main rivals not to have nevermet shippings, as they all gathered twice (Don Battles, Donamite), which is a very promising achievement. On the other hand, the writers doing away with the contest subplot, scrapped what could be a lot of shipping potentially, as co-ordinators tend to have several rivals, as they perpetually compete with another, leaving the main female companion with just a single rival. On the other hand, it was a first for the male companion having a rival, which would generate the shipping that derives from good old fashioned rivalry.

It's down to execution, I s'pose. There were three tournaments, and tournaments unless they have a desire to make a particular rivalry at the focus (see: Hearthome Tag Tournament, or even the Donamite, in terms of Kenyan/Masaomi), some can be overshadowed, as there's a heap of characters to obviously, interact with it, and the battles as well. For instance, in the Junior Cup, Cabernet and Dento have a conversation (I say this, as Cabernet yells things at him spitefully but his back is turned) only twice, at the start of the tournament and the end. The Tournaments were a great tool with providing what would have been nevermet shippings beforehand, and giving them a fantastic focus, for instance SourGrapesShipping, particularly in the latter two tournaments, but they did interact in the Don Battles a little. Also, Best Wishes gave us an interesting scope on other rivalries between a main character's rival and a rival they may exclusively have, such as Kenyan and Masaomi, along with Jaws and Luke (okay, Luke wasn't actually a rival to any maincast character, but). This gave a very exclusive dynamic to it, and was definitely intriguing in terms of shipping. It was almost as if you observed that character on the other spectrum of shipping, and with those two cases (particularly GekiShipping), it worked well, in my view. These tournaments also put the gang's interactions to the side, as obviously, they had other opportunities to deal with those, so I did feel those were slightly lacking for a certain period of time, with little hints cropping up now and then.

Tournaments are dangerous, though; these shippings may be entertaining, but since those two characters had no plot binding them together (or rather, the writers didn't bother inventing one to do so), the only time these shippings would flourish was at a Tournament, which they took only take a fraction of the time, as it is precious, when you're dealing with that number of main characters. Also, they completely hindered the rival shipping in a sense. Since they were in all a Tournament together, there wasn't a necessity felt to produce more rival-to-rival screentime, which was needed, not just for the shipping, but the plot- the rivals were brought in for a reason. For example, Kenyan only battled Ash twice (excluding the rematch he had in the same episode)- in his debut, and in the Pokemon League. That's getting off the point, however, it isn't all the same. Rival shippings were certainly, in my opinion, hindered.

The Pokemon League, was surprisingly great for interactions and had a nice dash of shipping with fanservice, the sauna scenes provided that. Also, an entire episode without battles did sprinkle a little spice of shipping and led to an increase in ClumseonShipping, it did also contain other ships, but a lot of fans focused on that one. However, some of the best shipping hints are contained in the matches themselves (I always like to think NeoLeagueShipping had its peak moment in their match), so it did damage that ever so slightly. Some of the farewell scenes with the rivals were rather short, and some didn't really happen (well, now I must see that Langley and Cabernet had their farewells at the end of the Junior Cup, but I didn't believe that was it at the time. Maybe it was just me.) The shipping with the League Rivals, well... I think everyone knows my thoughts there, heh.

Episode N was interesting in the sense, that Unknownshipping became well, very prominent, as it was plot-based, so it had to be, as in plot orientated moments, there's less time for frivolous shipping hints. At the same time, people would argue that, in more serious cases, better hints appear that give great structure as well as dynamic. I feel in Episode N, due to its nature, the gangs' interactions, though excellent in BW110, were slightly less so as things became more dramatic, which is comprehendible. Also, if you're fond of shippings inside villainous teams, I reckon Episode N would be the one to check out then, but I don't know if you'll get what you wish for.
    DA! sort of gave BestWishesShipping and all of its branch shippings between the gang (i.e Wishful, CafeMocha, Negai), another chance, and it did seek to continue to build on some of it. However fillers are risky for shipping, as they either could throw in frivolous shipping (which can be pleasant, and some fillers I only watch for their shipping, as I am shameless) but it's true, if you're one who seeks strong serious substance in hints, a few fillers may have it, but not usually. Well, not in DA, in my opinion. BW131 gave its traditional "Strife between Ash and the Main Female" and it did, in my view, give Negaishipping, a defining moment in terms of anime episodes. DA also had little once-off shippings with CotDs, as fillers usually have those. These are pleasant, but they'll break your heart if you think it'll be developed over time.

I could go on, but alas. In short, I believe that BW had a lot of once-off shippings or opportunities with rivals that it did not expand on. Some of the shipping moments were lovely, however since they never really grew from those, its worth decreased slightly. It also depends on if you liked the shippings in BW, of course.

I'll answer the XY question later, but I'll tire you all another time.
    Karamazov likes this.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Blog Entries

Personally the BW Tournaments made me a fan of Trip X Georgia considering how they were the only serious trainers that took themselves seriously from the group. The only sad thing for me is that they never directly interacted.

For XY I'm just pairing Ash with Serena. xD

Best Wishes to BW!

Follow Ashe on Tumblr

I ship AshxN though that's just me.

For X and Y anime, looks cool! I just hope that N comes back...

Silly me anyways I most hope that Serena and the Male Trainer (le forgot name >.<) will make an appearance more than the BW main Trainers...
    ~In the path of Despair, Hope is always there~