A Serving of Sommeliershipping. - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: A Serving of Sommeliershipping.

Default Re: A Serving of Sommeliershipping.

Ummmm, is it odd that I like the idea of this shipping even though I've never watched any BW episodes? :p
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic57049_1.gif

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Victini View Post
    Ummmm, is it odd that I like the idea of this shipping even though I've never watched any BW episodes? :p
    Watch the episodes and you'll like it even more! :3c

@Hitomi: aaaaa I know! >: It was adorable! I also really adore how tense Burgundy seems to get around Cilan while Cilan is the opposite around her; innocent and often smiling. Hopefully we get more of that in this tournament and if not, sometime really soon~
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Victini View Post
    Of course not, a lot of people ship couples when they haven't even seen them communicate with each other (yet). I've done it myself. |D
    Just to warn you- this ship may be played out in the Anime in a way that you didn't initially expect. Or maybe it'll be what you thought all along. So, I hope you enjoy it if you watch them together in BW.

As for the two Donamite episodes we've seen so far- ah! Yes, I thought Dento's cordial nonchalance towards her throughout the two episodes. I'll start with the first one- poor Cabernet. Can't ever justify the extent of your revenge without being asked that Question, can you? That little scene of her blowing up in his face was adorable. It conveyed that she still has a way to go in fully reaching a calm level that she's comfortable with, with Dento as her rival. That's a pleasant thing to me- he still can wind her up unintentionally. Then I loved her shouting out Dento not to lose (okay, yes, it was only because she wanted to distribute the pleasure of doing it) but he answered her, that was nice. I expected him to ignore her in that scene (since in the Don Battles match, when he's battling Luke, she says a few offhand comments but she shouts that he'll lose in the 2nd round and that is, well, ignored) but he didn't, which was lovely. Her complaining about him acting so cool was so sweet- that little blush on her face said something else. Also her telling him to taste her strength with his eyes seemed quite lovely- almost her looking up to him, as she would desire his verdict on how she'll battle.
    The next episode was also interesting, I mean I'm glad he was complimentary of her about her battle; it's a pleasant thing that he was, for the development of their rivalry. And, yes, his silent focus was certainly intriguing- thought he'd be cheering on Iris a bit more.

Also, I couldn't help but hear Cabernet threat that she'll make him lose in a Sommelier Showdown. I know, it could be just in a future period of time, not just limited to this Tournament, but I just couldn't help but think...

Definitely looking forward to more of those two throughout this Tournament.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Sommeliershipping has gotten some really cute hints lately hasn't it? xD

During Cabernet's battle, I found it cute how all of Cilan's attention was focused on her. I thought for sure he would be cheering Iris on more. This goes to show that Cilan really does care about Cabernet. This newest episode was good for some character development between the two as well. The blushing part was adorable. Even though she blushed a tiny bit, it was still cute. Also, I could tell that Cilan was sort of dissapointed that Cabernet lost. Shouldn't he be happy that at least one of his traveling conpanion won? I guess he was, but not as much as before.

Hopefully there will be more times where they would spend together, not only during a Tournament but also in other places. Those two sure make an interesting flavor when they're together.

I've always wondered why the writers decided to make a character like Cabernet. Was there really a reason to give Cilan a sommelier rival. I don't think they have ever given Brock a rival like that. Makes you wonder sometimes doesn't it. I really see some great potential in this ship :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by watericedragon View Post
    Hopefully there will be more times where they would spend together, not only during a Tournament but also in other places. Those two sure make an interesting flavor when they're together.
    Me too. I guess I was slightly irked that Cabernet (and Langley) were the only two rivals that appear in this Tournament that didn't appear at all in the time period between the last Tournament and this one (okay, Kenyan appears only the episode before it, but still). They should indeed though, I'm sure the writers'll give us another battle between the two in the future, however, I'd still enjoy an episode of them tasting together by themselves and learning off one another. Also, I'm kind of interested in those Sommelier classes that Cabernet was talking about... I never thought they'd have classes before they reached a higher rank... stupid of me, I know.

I also really love whenever Cabernet declares revenge, Dento always says something along the lines of "Yeah, I'm looking forward to it". That's just kind of cute.
    Shadow Victini likes this.
    dropping slow."

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

It's cute with Cabernet trying to get revenge on Cilan, while he's rather nice to him XDD

Blog Entries

So, everyone, since the Donamite is over for now...

What did you think of the Sommeliershipping in the Donamite Arc, as a whole?

I'll give you my full anaylsis on it tomorrow, because I'm wrecked at the moment.

EDIT: Going to do it now, that I can. True, the 27th of April wasn't the tomorrow I was aiming for, but oh well.
    Last edited by Likeitornot.; 27th April 2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Giving the analysis.
    dropping slow."

Follow Lyraeon on Tumblr

I really want to revive this thread but I'm not sure if the other people who ship this have already seen the Junior Cup tournament arc, or if they're only watching the dub? Because it is littered with hints all over again... Regardless, the Clash of the Connoisseurs episode aired in English last week, and the post above mine made me realize a couple things in it might have been more significant than I thought.

And then a couple screenshots from the junior cup, which are very much spoilers...

There's also one last picture that I can't remember the exact context of, but I love Burgundy's surly looks (honestly I just love the facial expressions in this season, period, but she and Iris manage the best ones) so I'm posting it anyway.
    Araragi-hakase and Hitomi like this.
    So I'm new, in that "hey, I've been a lurker for two years but only bothered posting recently" sense.
    I keep meaning to exist here, but other boards have absorbed my attention...

Blog Entries

Hey there, Lyraeon, nice to have you around.

I forgot I never did anything covering the dub of the Donamite, but since all those interactions remained, it wasn't vital. About the Junior Cup, well, I already posted my musings on Tumblr here (which I need to edit slightly), but I'll give some comment on something I didn't mention in that synopsis.
    The Junior Cup certainly was lacking for Sommeliershipping, especially for the final episode, where the tasting time pattern was skipped. It's true, the fact they'd taste together in the last episode of a Tournament was becoming a predictable affair altogether, but it was quite fascinating, not just for the hints, but for the development of their rivalry as a whole. Sure, it'd be interesting if they did something different with those two in replacement of the Tasting Showdown, but it's a real shame they did absolutely nothing there.
    Lyraeon likes this.
    dropping slow."

Blog Entries

No posts since October? ): No can do!

I've been more interested in Sommeliershipping lately. I love how she was all adorable and tsundere about Cilan in the tournaments and secretly rooted for him, hehe.
    icon by twilightblade

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I absolutely love this shipbecause Cab is the only woman I can see Dento with!

I really hope Cabernet makes a return before the end of Best Wishes!, because for the most part she's only ever seen during the tournaments, and I'd love to see them interacting with other sommeliers (like in the Pinot Noir episode.) Cab is so adorable when she gets all frustrated and angry, and even moreso when it's directed at Dento :3c

Blog Entries

Ah, much love to the both of you for bringing this back. ;v;

Yeah, oh, a vengeful Cabernet is the best one, but I still hope she'll be A-Class (unlikely) next time they meet. She, to my memory, told Dento at the end of the Donamite she would be an A-Class next time they encounter one another (note: this turned out not to happen, but) and, so they'd be on the same level. Equals, at last. <3
    dropping slow."

I think this is my favorite Dento pairing and I hope they give a hint towards the end of the series that it may happen, kind of like Contestshipping.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

I do hope she goes up a rank by the time they next meet - that'd be awesome! :3 This definitely is also my favorite Cilan pairing and boy would it be awesome if we got even a tiny hint by the end of the series, sigh. I'll keep hoping! Burgundy's tsundere-ness makes it adorable.
    icon by twilightblade

Blog Entries

Follow QuietDragon on Tumblr

I don't even really ship these two together, but I can definitely see a one-sided crush on Burgundy/Cabernet's part and it really is adorable, as well as hilarious. She tries to cover it up, but it just comes off as over-the-top tsundere. I think she's definitely written to have developed a crush on him, absolutely.

Have some cute fanart! ... that you might've already seen anyway, but. ^^;

( I didn't find anything specific in the rules barring someone who doesn't ship a pairing or only ships it one-sidedly from posting, but if I'm breaking the rules, I apologize and will delete my post if asked! )

Musapion on SPPf, QuietxDragon on tumblr

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast