Romance in the Fire Emblem World! - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Romance in the Fire Emblem World!

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Romance in the Fire Emblem World!

But he's a kid... In fact, he's the youngest FE lord to date.

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    It would probably take up a lot of space to have support conversations for everyone, but eventually it would be nice to have that mechanic refined again. At least we had the 'info' conversations, which were pretty interesting.

It's been a while since I've played older titles in the series and I wasn't really into shipping at the time, but I guess that would be an accurate list.

Fire emblem 6:
    -Roy x Lilina

Fire Emblem 7:
    -Lyn x Florina
    -Lyn x Rath
    -Eliwood x Ninian
    -Hector x Farina
    -Wil x Rebecca
    -Erk x Serra
    -Lucius x Serra
    -Guy x Priscilla
    -Pent x Louise
    -Leila x Mathew

Fire Emblem 8:
    -Erika x Seth
    -Neimi x Colm
    -Ross x Amelia
    -Lute x Artur
    -Joshua x Natasha
    -Joshua x Marisa
    -Ephraim x Tana
    -Ephraim x L'Arachel
    -Tethys x Gerik
    -Tethys x Marisa
    That will be an awesome day. And yeah, that was something.

Joshua x Natasha is very popular here. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar98 View Post
    Not many people like Caeda/Shiida very much. Oh, and Julian/Lena is good too. Speaking of Fire Emblem, I'm trying to go for a "No Deaths Run" on Shadow Dragon, any tips? I'm on chapter 5.
    be very careful, and be ready to reset a lot.

Also I forgot Neimi x Colm, which was the fist ship I liked
    Every playthrough is a "No Death Run" for me. I can't bear to part with anyone. :<

Another childhood friends ship. It hasn't drawn me in (yet?), but we'll see what happens as I progress in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    I never understood why Roy was the only pairable character in his game besides all the girls he can marry. And for that matter, why is he able to marry so many girls? Not even his dad can marry that many. This honestly kinda creeps me out.
    Maybe he's just a ladies man? Then again, what do I know? I've never played his game.
    But he's a kid... In fact, he's the youngest FE lord to date.
    I agree with Chimchar. xD He can be FE's little black dress.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Not many people like Caeda/Shiida very much. Oh, and Julian/Lena is good too. Speaking of Fire Emblem, I'm trying to go for a "No Deaths Run" on Shadow Dragon, any tips? I'm on chapter 5.
    Maybe I would like it if I knew who these characters were. But Shadow Dragon is my least favorite out of the games I've playing so I can't say.

As some people said, be ready to restart a lot of time. That's pretty much the only way to achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post
    Joshua x Natasha is very popular here. xD
    Canon ships do tend to have a larger following in the FE fandom (at least from what I've seen of it).

Blog Entries

Canon ships do tend to have a larger following in the FE fandom (at least from what I've seen of it).
    Well now you ruined the game for me.

How many are canon? i searched "canon fire emblem ships" and was asked "did you mean: cannon fire emblem ships".

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Well now you ruined the game for me.

How many are canon? i searched "canon fire emblem ships" and was asked "did you mean: cannon fire emblem ships".
    You're welcome.

A big majority of the characters with a paired ending, I'd say.

I've found this list about Sacred Stones (the paired endings are at #4). A few of them aren't the love kind of pairing but there's quite a bunch.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

In the case of the GBA games, yeah. If we're talking FE9 and 10, though, whom have few canon pairings, most of the NON-canon pairings here actually tend to be more popular, like IkexElincia, RhysxMia (I just find this one too awkward, personally, though it is a comedic mismatch lol), RolfxMist, etc. Heck, more people would rather see Astrid with someone else besides Makalov too.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

I never understood why Roy was the only pairable character in his game besides all the girls he can marry. And for that matter, why is he able to marry so many girls? Not even his dad can marry that many. This honestly kinda creeps me out.
    I know right? He can even marry Cecilia; which is even more disturbing to me than Nino x Jaffar is qua age difference. But even besides that, Roy getting to support and marry almost every girl kinda takes away the specialness from supporting him. The male slut that is Roy :P

He probably means those who are actually supportable. Actual canon ships would be those mentioned in-game (Louise x Pent) or implied by sequels (Karla x Bartre).

But there is a way to determine the game-wise more compatible supports/ships. I only have the list for FE7 at the moment, but it should work the same for other (at least gba) games. Take this list, and check the number on the right in the growth rate column. The higher it is, the quicker two characters will support:

Eliwood x Ninian is the only one with a whopping 5 points per turn, obviously being the game's most preferred couple (not like the special ending didn't already gave that away though).

Karla x Bartre, Harken x Isadora, Lyn x Rath and Lyn x Florina have the still exceptional 4 points per turn. Guy x Rath, Florina x Fiora and Florina x Ninian also have this. (as for why, Karla and Bartre have a daughter in FE6, Harken and Isadora were supposed to get married before the events of FE7, Lyn and Rath are both from Sacae I guess, Lyn and Florina are childhood friends, Guy and Rath are from the same tribe, Florina and Fiora are sisters while Florina and Ninian are both from Ilia and both awkward around men, specifically the ones they have a crush on).

The most have a 3 or 2 points per turn.

Then we have the bottom of the barrel, with a slow 1 point per turn. The most notable for these supports is Serra, who has these slow supports with everyone but Sain and Lucius, who still only get 2. (though of course one could use this 1 point in favour of their ship if they like love-hate relationships :P)

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    I know right? He can even marry Cecilia; which is even more disturbing to me than Nino x Jaffar is qua age difference. But even besides that, Roy getting to support and marry almost every girl kinda takes away the specialness from supporting him. The male slut that is Roy :P
    Yeah, that too! That's just...ew. This is one reason I don't like Roy. He's creepy! xP

And yeah, the GBA games have a lot of possible pairings and alternate character endings.

The same can't be said for the Tellius games though, unfortunately. There are few canon pairs here:

GreilxElena (Ike and Mist's parents. Though the latter is dead, it's still a pairing)

BoydxMist (This one's okay, imo. I still found RolfxMist to be cuter)

NaesalaxLeanne (I'm alright with this too, actually. Just not a big enough fan to put it on my supported pairings list)

HaarxJill (while their ending doesn't actually say they get married, it's quite likely that they do anyway)

SothexMicaiah (Meh...)

GeoffreyxElincia (Romantically, I can't STAND this pairing. I'm a Geoffrey hater and I'm a heavy supporter of IkexElincia. I see Geoffrey and Elincia's relationship to be more like that of close siblings. They were raised together as step/foster siblings after all, so it's creepy to see them marry. Plus, Geoffrey looks much older than her... Like he really could be her big brother. Yeesh. I like to think that their marriage was actually done for political reasons and that Elincia's true love was Ike. They're close in age, and she even calls him hers...)

Blog Entries

Yeah, that too! That's just...ew. This is one reason I don't like Roy. He's creepy! xP
    I don't mind so much, because I'm always swapping characters around anyway. xD

And yeah, the GBA games have a lot of possible pairings and alternate character endings.

The same can't be said for the Tellius games though, unfortunately. There are few canon pairs here:

GreilxElena (Ike and Mist's parents. Though the latter is dead, it's still a pairing)
    By chapter 9 they're reunited. Bittersweet, but it's something of a consolation. :')

BoydxMist (This one's okay, imo. I still found RolfxMist to be cuter)
    That one came out of nowhere for me. After playing RD and looking up the possible endings for each character and I got to Mist I was like "'the hell? What happened to Rolf?" xD Not that there's anything wrong with the pairing, but I'm more for Boyd x Mia and Rolf x Mist.

GeoffreyxElincia (Romantically, I can't STAND this pairing. I'm a Geoffrey hater and I'm a heavy supporter of IkexElincia. I see Geoffrey and Elincia's relationship to be more like that of close siblings. They were raised together as step/foster siblings after all, so it's creepy to see them marry. Plus, Geoffrey looks much older than her... Like he really could be her big brother. Yeesh. I like to think that their marriage was actually done for political reasons and that Elincia's true love was Ike. They're close in age, and she even calls him hers...)
    Elincia, Geoffrey and Lucia all look like they're around the same age group to me. This sounds like the makings of an interesting fanfic though.

Ooo where did she say that? :o It's been awhile, forgot about that hint.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

BoydxMist AND GeoffreyxElincia came out of nowhere for me. Geoffrey might truly be in love with Elincia, but I don't believe she feels the same way towards him. And actually, Elincia, Geoffrey, and Lucia can't all be around the same age. That would make Geoffrey and Lucia twins, which they're confirmed not to be. Lucia is his older sister. Probably at least by a few years. I'd say several, myself. As for Geoffrey, he looks like he could be 25-26 in PoR while Elincia is 17-18 in that game. That would make her 20-21 in RD while Geoffrey is 28-29. Too much of an age gap, imo.

And it's not fanfic that the three were raised as foster siblings. It's stated in game.

As for where Elincia says Ike is hers, if she falls in part 4 Endgame of RD, she says "My noble Ike, all your plans..." She has NEVER said anything of the sort to Geoffrey. She basically treated him as another trusted retainer. When Geoffrey says "I am yours, your majesty," she replies "Geoffrey, you are surely my finest and most faithful knight." Doesn't sound romantic to me. Now, "My noble Ike, all your plans..." does, definitely.

Elincia ALSO asks Ike to look after Crimea if she falls in the chapter where he and his mercenaries team up with the knights to protect her while she's unarmed. And Geoffrey is present here! If she was in love with Geoffrey, wouldn't she have told him that instead? Especially since he's, well, a noble? Also, if I were dying, I'd be mentioning my true love in my last words. Elincia never once even mentions Geoffrey in her death quotes. But she talks to Ike...twice.

IkexElincia is not nearly as prominent in RD as it is in PoR, but there is still evidence for it. Heck, someone at FEPlanet, awhile back, discovered more evidence in the Japanese text where Ike strays off topic while talking to Elincia and says "Crimea has itself a fine queen..." or something like that. As if he really admires her. The pairing probably would have been shown more if the support system hadn't been destroyed. I really have no idea what IS was smoking when they picked some of the game's possible pairings... The fandom definitely prefers non-canon ones in this case. Generally. Especially IkexElincia. There's fanart of them everywhere! Even when I just google Elincia, I see a lot of fanart of her and Ike. <3 There are also several IkexElincia videos on Youtube and I only ever found one for GeoffreyxElincia. And even then it still included a couple IkexElincia pieces because the maker mistook Ike for Geoffrey in them (and one was Ike and Elincia banging each other no less lol)! XD

Not that there's anything wrong with the pairing, but I'm more for Boyd x Mia and Rolf x Mist.
    Whoa, me too! I never thought I'd find any other BoydxMia fans! Mainly because, well, it's technically a crack pairing since they never interact. I honestly think they should have. They'd have been so cute.

Blog Entries

BoydxMist AND GeoffreyxElincia came out of nowhere for me. Geoffrey might truly be in love with Elincia, but I don't believe she feels the same way towards him. And actually, Elincia, Geoffrey, and Lucia can't all be around the same age. That would make Geoffrey and Lucia twins, which they're confirmed not to be. Lucia is his older sister. Probably at least by a few years. I'd say several, myself. As for Geoffrey, he looks like he could be 25-26 in PoR while Elincia is 17-18 in that game. That would make her 20-21 in RD while Geoffrey is 28-29. Too much of an age gap, imo.
    I didn't say I thought they were all the same age, just in the same age group. Though this bit I pulled from Lucia's wiki page is a bit odd:
    Not sure where they pulled that from, I peg Lucia being around 23 in PoR and 26 in RD.
    And it's not fanfic that the three were raised as foster siblings. It's stated in game.
    That it was, I was referring to the bit about their marriage being done for political reasons as interesting fanfic material.

As for where Elincia says Ike is hers, if she falls in part 4 Endgame of RD, she says "My noble Ike, all your plans..." She has NEVER said anything of the sort to Geoffrey. She basically treated him as another trusted retainer. When Geoffrey says "I am yours, your majesty," she replies "Geoffrey, you are surely my finest and most faithful knight." Doesn't sound romantic to me. Now, "My noble Ike, all your plans..." does, definitely.
    I could see a shipping spin being put on her line to Geoffrey there, but based solely on word choice her parting words to Ike are much more shippy.

IkexElincia is not nearly as prominent in RD as it is in PoR, but there is still evidence for it. Heck, someone at FEPlanet, awhile back, discovered more evidence in the Japanese text where Ike strays off topic while talking to Elincia and says "Crimea has itself a fine queen..." or something like that. As if he really admires her. The pairing probably would have been shown more if the support system hadn't been destroyed. I really have no idea what IS was smoking when they picked some of the game's possible pairings... The fandom definitely prefers non-canon ones in this case. Generally. Especially IkexElincia. There's fanart of them everywhere! Even when I just google Elincia, I see a lot of fanart of her and Ike. <3 There are also several IkexElincia videos on Youtube and I only ever found one for GeoffreyxElincia. And even then it still included a couple IkexElincia pieces because the maker mistook Ike for Geoffrey in them (and one was Ike and Elincia banging each other no less lol)! XD
    Oh my, wish they had kept that in the translation. >.<
    Lol, is that video still up? xD Also, would you mind sharing some of your favorite Ike x Elincia pics? :3c

Whoa, me too! I never thought I'd find any other BoydxMia fans! Mainly because, well, it's technically a crack pairing since they never interact. I honestly think they should have. They'd have been so cute.
    Not officially, but we can always pretend they got along well offscreen. They were working together for three to four years after all. ;D I'm not sure how I got into this pairing exactly, but for whatever reason I started supporting them with each other and thought they worked well/looked cute together.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post

He probably means those who are actually supportable. Actual canon ships would be those mentioned in-game (Louise x Pent) or implied by sequels (Karla x Bartre).

But there is a way to determine the game-wise more compatible supports/ships. I only have the list for FE7 at the moment, but it should work the same for other (at least gba) games. Take this list, and check the number on the right in the growth rate column. The higher it is, the quicker two characters will support:

Eliwood x Ninian is the only one with a whopping 5 points per turn, obviously being the game's most preferred couple (not like the special ending didn't already gave that away though).

Karla x Bartre, Harken x Isadora, Lyn x Rath and Lyn x Florina have the still exceptional 4 points per turn. Guy x Rath, Florina x Fiora and Florina x Ninian also have this. (as for why, Karla and Bartre have a daughter in FE6, Harken and Isadora were supposed to get married before the events of FE7, Lyn and Rath are both from Sacae I guess, Lyn and Florina are childhood friends, Guy and Rath are from the same tribe, Florina and Fiora are sisters while Florina and Ninian are both from Ilia and both awkward around men, specifically the ones they have a crush on).

The most have a 3 or 2 points per turn.

Then we have the bottom of the barrel, with a slow 1 point per turn. The most notable for these supports is Serra, who has these slow supports with everyone but Sain and Lucius, who still only get 2. (though of course one could use this 1 point in favour of their ship if they like love-hate relationships :P)
    If thats the case, then the support growth rates in Sacred Stones imply Eirika and Ephraim or rather, twincest. The other high one is Seth and Eirika which is also implied a lot or atleast seem to be the most canon one.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I didn't say I thought they were all the same age, just in the same age group. Though this bit I pulled from Lucia's wiki page is a bit odd:
    Not sure where they pulled that from, I peg Lucia being around 23 in PoR and 26 in RD.
    Oh, I see. And yeah, that is a bit odd. It's true that Lucia and Geoffrey and Elincia were raised as foster siblings, but the fact that Elincia and Lucia were young children at the same time (which the aforementioned sentence implies) is not. Lucia could have very well been a young teenager when Elincia was born, thus still making the sibling thing true.

That it was, I was referring to the bit about their marriage being done for political reasons as interesting fanfic material.
    Ohhh, my bad. And I actually did use this theory in my FE fic. Believe me, I've done lots of research and dug real deep to form two of my three FE theories, which I've properly titled "Political Crimean Royal Marriage Theory" and "Ike and Elincia: Secret Romance Theory." Both connect with each other too, and also work with this one theory another big IkexElincia fan I know formed, called "Forgetful Elincia Theory" where he believes that in times of crisis, Elincia is rather forgetful about whom she is most worried about at the time. It actually makes a lot of sense when you think about what I've said about her deathquotes and the chapters where both Ike and Geoffrey are present. My third theory is rather unrelated to the previous three, but is still noteworthy as I've also incorporated it into my fanfic. I call it the "Depression Prone Geoffrey Theory" where I believe that Geoffrey is likely prone to depression and mental illness.

I could see a shipping spin being put on her line to Geoffrey there, but based solely on word choice her parting words to Ike are much more shippy.
    Yes, exactly. And word choice is quite important when properly interpreting something too. I should know, as it's something I need to work on myself... (I tend to say rude things without realizing or knowing it's rude because of my choice of words)

Oh my, wish they had kept that in the translation. >.<
    Lol, is that video still up? xD Also, would you mind sharing some of your favorite Ike x Elincia pics? :3c
    Same here. And no, not at all. :]

The last two are mine, actually. I did them for my fanfic. The former is a little scene that takes place sometime after the fic while the latter is a scene from the fic itself. The latter is pretty old though. I'm a much better artist now than I was then. xP (I also didn't do Elincia's hair quite right... And yes, Ike is very ill in this scene. How did this happen? Well, I dare not spoil it, hehe).

Not officially, but we can always pretend they got along well offscreen. They were working together for three to four years after all. ;D I'm not sure how I got into this pairing exactly, but for whatever reason I started supporting them with each other and thought they worked well/looked cute together.
    Very true!

Blog Entries

Oh, I see. And yeah, that is a bit odd. It's true that Lucia and Geoffrey and Elincia were raised as foster siblings, but the fact that Elincia and Lucia were young children at the same time (which the aforementioned sentence implies) is not. Lucia could have very well been a young teenager when Elincia was born, thus still making the sibling thing true.
    I think there's not more than a six year gap between them, but I have no evidence of it, so either perspective could be true.

Ohhh, my bad. And I actually did use this theory in my FE fic. Believe me, I've done lots of research and dug real deep to form two of my three FE theories, which I've properly titled "Political Crimean Royal Marriage Theory" and "Ike and Elincia: Secret Romance Theory." Both connect with each other too, and also work with this one theory another big IkexElincia fan I know formed, called "Forgetful Elincia Theory" where he believes that in times of crisis, Elincia is rather forgetful about whom she is most worried about at the time. It actually makes a lot of sense when you think about what I've said about her deathquotes and the chapters where both Ike and Geoffrey are present. My third theory is rather unrelated to the previous three, but is still noteworthy as I've also incorporated it into my fanfic. I call it the "Depression Prone Geoffrey Theory" where I believe that Geoffrey is likely prone to depression and mental illness.
    No worries~
    My oh my have you put a lot of thought into this. xD For the "Forgetful Elincia Theory", do you mean he believes she unintentionally shifts her focus to the one she cares about most, or forgets them? Want to make sure I'm reading that line right.

Yes, exactly. And word choice is quite important when properly interpreting something too. I should know, as it's something I need to work on myself... (I tend to say rude things without realizing or knowing it's rude because of my choice of words)
    That it is, makes me wish we could see some of the exchanges in these conversations animated. Still, we got more than most of the other pairings, with the whole epilogue video focusing on Ike and Elinica in PoR. For that, we praise the benevolent shipping gods.

Same here. And no, not at all. :]

The last two are mine, actually. I did them for my fanfic. The former is a little scene that takes place sometime after the fic while the latter is a scene from the fic itself. The latter is pretty old though. I'm a much better artist now than I was then. xP (I also didn't do Elincia's hair quite right... And yes, Ike is very ill in this scene. How did this happen? Well, I dare not spoil it, hehe).
    Cute collection there. :3 (Though be sure to spoiler tag the larger ones. ) I actually saw your work sometime within the past few weeks while browsing deviantart, so I have a vague idea of what's going on in that scene.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I think there's not more than a six year gap between them, but I have no evidence of it, so either perspective could be true.
    Very true. We can only imagine. xP

No worries~
    My oh my have you put a lot of thought into this. xD For the "Forgetful Elincia Theory", do you mean he believes she unintentionally shifts her focus to the one she cares about most, or forgets them? Want to make sure I'm reading that line right.
    More closer to the former. If one isn't present, she unintentionally shifts her focus to the one that IS. If both are present, she simply forgets one or the other because she's just that worried or scared. I think this was how he described it, anyway. And yes, I've put a lot of thought into this. I used to really enjoy theorizing about video games, particularly Zelda. Not so much anymore though. I just stick with what I've already come up with nowadays. xP

That it is, makes me wish we could see some of the exchanges in these conversations animated. Still, we got more than most of the other pairings, with the whole epilogue video focusing on Ike and Elinica in PoR. For that, we praise the benevolent shipping gods.
    Oh yes, definitely! Praise the shipping gods!

Cute collection there. :3 (Though be sure to spoiler tag the larger ones. ) I actually saw your work sometime within the past few weeks while browsing deviantart, so I have a vague idea of what's going on in that scene.
    Ah, I didn't know you saw my stuff! Thanks for viewing it. :] And my apologies, I'll put the larger images in spoilers. xP

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast