Rocketshipping General Discussion - Page 6

Page 6 of 132 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Rocketshipping General Discussion

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rocketshipping General Discussion

Erm, I was looking at the 'pedia the other day and found this screenshot:
    . It said it was from episode 2 (the first episode that they were in. Am I the only one who thinks this looks shippy? Does anyone remember if there were any hints in that episode, or was the St. Anne arc the first hints we got? I don't remember because I missed most of the early episodes.

Morpheus♥Orange♥Contest♥HeatTag♥Wishful♥Rocket

deviantart|photobucket|pixiv|youtube|fanfiction|tumblr|shipping

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Nah, I don't think that cap is very shippy. They're just looking at each other mischievously, and they do that all the time when they're plotting something. The first physical shippyness was in episode 4 when they fell asleep on each other, and the first hug was in the Nibi gym episode.

y team

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    Nah, I don't think that cap is very shippy. They're just looking at each other mischievously, and they do that all the time when they're plotting something. The first physical shippyness was in episode 4 when they fell asleep on each other, and the first hug was in the Nibi gym episode.
    Ah. I see. Thank you.
    Now, I have another question...
    At the end of Crossing Paths (DP73), the dub narrator says something about Jessie having hopes for finding love in the future, or something along those lines....does anyone here remember what the exact words were. and if the Japanese narrator said something similar?

Morpheus♥Orange♥Contest♥HeatTag♥Wishful♥Rocket

deviantart|photobucket|pixiv|youtube|fanfiction|tumblr|shipping

Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowergirl View Post
    At the end of Crossing Paths (DP73), the dub narrator says something about Jessie having hopes for finding love in the future, or something along those lines....does anyone here remember what the exact words were. and if the Japanese narrator said something similar?
    In the dub the narrator hinted that hopefully Jessie will find her love (possibly referring to her crush), but in the Japanese version the narrator said something that hopefully Musashi will find happiness too like Dokucale. *sniff* Too bad they didn't show Kojiro very much in that scene, but maybe that would have been too blatant.

I hope that in DP172 it's Kojiro's idea to steal Togekiss. I don't want Musashi to go on vendetta for losing the previous contest (if she does lose), and it would be sweet if Kojiro did that to her...

y team

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Dub hints aren't real hints, as they aren't canon... But it's fun to know that translators are shipping them too! :D Like when Musashi said "we got some action into this bedroom too" in the Finnish dub of EP002.
    LMAO! That is funny, even if it is only the dub and not a real hint. Sounds kinda shippy to me

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowergirl View Post
    Erm, I was looking at the 'pedia the other day and found this screenshot:
    . It said it was from episode 2 (the first episode that they were in. Am I the only one who thinks this looks shippy? Does anyone remember if there were any hints in that episode, or was the St. Anne arc the first hints we got? I don't remember because I missed most of the early episodes.
    I don't think it looks shippy either. They look really malevolent here actually. But they do look good together

In the dub the narrator hinted that hopefully Jessie will find her love (possibly referring to her crush), but in the Japanese version the narrator said something that hopefully Musashi will find happiness too like Dokucale. *sniff* Too bad they didn't show Kojiro very much in that scene, but maybe that would have been too blatant.
    Awww, That's sweet that the narrator said that. Well we know that one day she will find her love. (I remember when I saw that episode I said just look to your left, hehe)

I hope that in DP172 it's Kojiro's idea to steal Togekiss. I don't want Musashi to go on vendetta for losing the previous contest (if she does lose), and it would be sweet if Kojiro did that to her...
    I like this idea. I could see that happening since he's been taking charge lately.

Medstudent of Dr. House IluvKojiro's Avatar

Dub hints aren't real hints, as they aren't canon... But it's fun to know that translators are shipping them too! :D Like when Musashi said "we got some action into this bedroom too" in the Finnish dub of EP002. Sadly, the new dub is more anti-shippy than WrongRocketshippy, and my country follows Zoppi's anti-Musashi shenanigans way too much... But maybe the other languages are luckier.
    Finnish dub gets really into it like the quote you posted. I'll look for more Shippy translations, I'm sure there are more.

Jetzt gibts Ärger...
    ... und es kommt noch härter

Rocketshipper <3

DeviantArt

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

What about bumping their butts together in episode 3? xD

Quote Originally Posted by SilveryBeing View Post
    Why am I not surprised? Kojiro has always gotten too much attention, in my opinion, for his crossdressing. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks he didn't like it and only did it because Musashi ordered him too. That might explain the relative lack of it, he finally put his foot down and refused to put on a dress again. And yet, if it will really help Musashi out...
    Well, all that crossdressing was just a joke in the first place, so there's no reason to look deep to it. The Japanese knew that his crossdressing was considered controversial outside of Japan, so they stopped it, simply. It's never been their intention to show that Kojiro's gay.

Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

I feel like posting a cap again:

I wish the animators would throw us a bone and give us something like that again. They're so adorable when they're sleeping! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Jeska
    It was in that episode? I only remember them having very little screentime and looking hilarious when laughing at Caterpie.

Anyone have an idea for a new topic? I would love to speculate on stuff!

y team

I originally posted this here:

Post your favorite Pokemon anime quotes!

From Pokemon Shipwreck ~

Jessie: To protect the world from devastation...
    James: To unite all peoples within our nation...
    Jessie and James, in unison: To denounce the evils of truth and love, to extend our reach to the stars above!
    Jessie *sighs happily*: Jessie...
    James: James with the perfect tan!
    Jessie: There's nothing like a tropical vacation.
    James: The blue sea...
    Jessie: ...the white sand...
    James: ...and the blazing sun above!
    Jessie *sighs*: The sun!
    James: Yes, that blazing sun. Fiery and burning... burning... BURNING!!!

One of my favorite quotes in the anime, and in my opinion, a Rocketshippy moment (that nobody seems to notice in this Rocketshippy episode). Why do I think it's Rocketshippy?

- Jessie and James are ALONE together, on a beautiful beach, wearing bathing suits...
    - The tones in their voices. Especially Jessie, when she sighs happily.
    - They seem to be having the dream at the same time.
    - They say a part of the motto in unison, and they finish each other's sentences.

Again, this is just my opinion. Are there any other scenes considered Rocketshippy that have been overlooked.

Blog Entries

I wish the animators
    Storyboarders.

Quote Originally Posted by FlareonJupiter View Post
    One of my favorite quotes in the anime, and in my opinion, a Rocketshippy moment (that nobody seems to notice in this Rocketshippy episode).
    There are a few reason people don't think it's shippy.

1. It's just dub only stuff.
    2. There's nothing shippy about it.

- Jessie and James are ALONE together, on a beautiful beach, wearing bathing suits...
    - They say a part of the motto in unison, and they finish each other's sentences.
    Why is any of that stuff shippy? They imagined themselves on the beach together because they were on fire, and talking in unison isn't shippy.

Are there any other scenes considered Rocketshippy that have been overlooked.
    That's a good topic. I think there are more underrated scenes rather than overlooked, but I'm curious what people will think of.

Blog Entries

I wish the animators would throw us a bone and give us something like that again. They're so adorable when they're sleeping! ^_^

It was in that episode? I only remember them having very little screentime and looking hilarious when laughing at Caterpie.

Anyone have an idea for a new topic? I would love to speculate on stuff!
    Well i guess that pics shippy becuase jessie is sleeping on Jame's lap.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Awww that scene is so sweet. It was short, and from what I remember, it was so unexpected too! In the middle of a random episode...

One of my favorite quotes in the anime, and in my opinion, a Rocketshippy moment (that nobody seems to notice in this Rocketshippy episode). Why do I think it's Rocketshippy?

Again, this is just my opinion. Are there any other scenes considered Rocketshippy that have been overlooked.
    Sharing a dream is cute, but I wouldn't think of that scene as shippy because it doesn't have any hints that they have an attraction for one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

That's a good topic. I think there are more underrated scenes rather than overlooked, but I'm curious what people will think of.
    Yeah, that's an interesting topic! I was reminded of another sleeping scene by that pic Meron posted earlier, I think it was the one in the Togepi episode, where their sleeping bags were pushed really close together. I wouldn't say that this episode or hint is "overlooked" or "underrated" but it is not mentioned a lot. But I think it has some significance because it shows how they have a really close bond. They had room in the cabin to sleep farther apart but they chose not too.

Anyone else have any ideas about a scene that is underrated?

Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

One of my favorite underrated scenes is the BF "save Musashi for no bigger reason at all" scene, but since we got over that in the previous thread, I don't feel like repeating everything again. xD;

The other one would be the Muchuru episode from Johto, where Kojiro seemed annoyed that Musashi was giving Muchuru more attention than them. I know some of you guys tried to watch the scene in Japanese and didn't get what Nyasu said, so it's still a mystery. But his grunt is cute however.

Btw, couldn't Kojiro's jealousy/melancholy in Mewtwo Returns be counted as a hint for the Bulbapedia page?

y team

Talking Re: Rocketshipping General Discussion

Hey, everyone! Poli here!

I love that scene, especially (and surprisingly) the dub version. It's such a shame that James wasn't in it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jessierocketka View Post

Well, all that crossdressing was just a joke in the first place, so there's no reason to look deep to it. The Japanese knew that his crossdressing was considered controversial outside of Japan, so they stopped it, simply. It's never been their intention to show that Kojiro's gay.
    Really? They did? *Goes to check* xD Wait no, I think that scene is in the Tentacool episode, when they talk about chickens and eggs (lol), but I'm still not sure.

I absolutely hate it when people say that! There's so much evidence, especially in the anime and manga! I miss his cross-dressing, but I don't think it implied anything at all! People think too much.

What episode is that again (sorry)? Or is that part of an opening with the subtitles taken out? It's so cute! =D

Btw, couldn't Kojiro's jealousy/melancholy in Mewtwo Returns be counted as a hint for the Bulbapedia page?
    Haha, that's one of my favorite hints, although I think he looked more creeped out than jealous- he looked more jealous of annoying Dr. Proctor, lol.

Btw, like the new signature, Meron (well, it's new to me, at least, since the last time I've been here, heh heh!)! Of course, the beloved Hoso picture is in the middle! =D
    Last edited by Poliwhirl42; 22nd March 2010 at 07:14 PM.
    "It was perfect, beautiful, like something someone with an overreactive imagination would dream up in her unfulfilled fantasies." -Jessie, The Heartbreak of Brock

Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

I have a new topic again!

Musashi and Kojiro get drunk for one night. What happens?
    I know we went over this in the old thread... Almost over a year ago. ;) But I think Musashi would jump on Kojiro at one point and start to kiss him, and he wouldn't mind it at all. The next day they won't remember anything through their hangovers. Nyasu would have seen all of this and he would keep it as a secret (though IDK if Pokémon understand human relationships in the same way as we do)...

y team

Page 6 of 132 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast