Rocketshipping General Discussion - Page 55
Page 55 of 132 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocketshipping General Discussion

Default Re: Rocketshipping General Discussion

RG, I absolutely loved the comparison! I never really realized that TR could be that shallow. I know they suck already, but just wow... I prefer my romantic and dreamy Rocket-dan any day. <3

y team

Thanks Meron.

Dogasu has told us which part of Ice Cream Syndrome plays during the Rocket-Dan scene:

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Nope. It's a love song about overcoming your shyness and telling your friend that you like her, like 99% of Japanese pop songs today.

But! During the part in the song where Sukima Switch talks about eating ice cream, the corresponding animation shows the Rocket trio eating ice cream in their Nyasu balloon. So, that's something.

Both Bulbapedia and my site have a translation of the song up.
    The corresponding line would be "The ice cream I was going to has melted into a sticky mess". However, the scene might be long enough to include the next line "Destiny can't wait."

So interpret that how you will. Personally, I think it's awesome that the song actually lined up with the Rocket scene. I don't think that's ever happened before, right? Not that I'm saying it means anything, but it makes me want to do the AMV even more.

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/lyrics/pocket_monsters_diamond_pearl/ice_cream_syndrome.html
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ice_Cream_Syndrome

There's the two translations for everyone to dissect.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by CarlyRocketto View Post
    I think that's part of why I love it so much that it's Musashi that goes after him, sure, it's appropriate because she was the one that left, and she wanted validated, she needed him to say he needed her around. But I love it because it was her decision to leave, but completely freaked out when she realized Kojiro was in danger, and may have felt like it was her fault, even if Kojiro takes the blame when he thinks they're going to die.
    Exactly. If Kojiro was the one to go after her, she couldn't make up for the parting with Kojiro earlier and she would end up like a cold bitch. Takegami would never leave it as it is. Every time Musashi does something awful in his episodes, she always gets a chance to make it up until the end of the episode. Takegami doesn't like bitch!Musashi, but sometimes, it's needed for the plot of the episode.

I wonder if this would change if Kojiro found something to focus on, like Musashi had with her contests? Maybe not as major, but another goal? I can't see Kojiro having as big of dreams for himself as Musashi does, (especially if Musashi is focusing on something, I think he would always be more concerned about helping her with whatever she is doing more than his own stuff. I was always under the impression that he puts his friends' happiness before his own, especially Musashi
    That's true, but it's also because he just doesn't feel the need of being in the centre of attention, like Musashi does. He just prefers to stay in the background.

Their dream is to became rich and famous, yes. But Kojiro is the only one who wants to achieve it together. But I wonder if he thought about how their life would look like if this dream came true? An episode, where TRio becomes rich all of sudden would be very interesting to see how they behave towards each other. But if that happened, wouldn't they feel that their life became... kind of empty? They clearly seem to be happy with just following the same path together, especially Kojiro. Kojiro arleady knows how rich life tastes and he may be also aware that becoming famous would harm his freedom. Even though he shares his dream with Musashi and Nyasu, for him it's not the goal in itself. But if Musashi and Nyasu became rich and famous all of sudden, I guess they would feel like that's not what's the most important in life, too.

but Nyasu's dreams are almost always Rocket-Dan related.
    Yet he seems to be the least faithful towards Team Rocket... But that's OT.

I am very glad she did as well as she did in the Grand Festival, but if she had won, it makes me wonder what would have happened, especially after Kojiro and Nyasu got all of that merchandise to sell because they were so sure she would become Top Coordinator. Perhaps they did it be sure that she would not leave them behind if she did become successful?
    I don't think so. They prepared it, because they wanted to show how strong faith that Musashi wins the GF and they thought she'll become all popular so her merchandise would sell off well. During GF, even for a moment they didn't show any anxiety of what could happen to them if she won. All they did was to keep faith in her.

Great comparison! :D I'm happy that you wrote it <3 Especially if you mentioned this.

Kojiro is reminding the viewers what the Rocket-Dan's true goal is. It's not just about capturing Pikachu, they're also trying to make their dream of fame and fortune come true by catching Pikachu. That's what they really want. i have to wonder how many viewers of the show understand that.
    That makes dub TR really shallow. I remember thinking it's a shallow goal as a kid when watching dub, but still, I had a impression that there's more to it, it's just that it wasn't spoken somehow. My hunch was right about it all the time ;)

I actually started to work on it a bit yesterday, but reading the lyrics along with the song and picturing Rocket scenes made me cry.
    Awww :(

That's a very good question. I think if Kojiro was really good at something he might get a little swelled head, but he'd come back to earth soon enough.
    I didn't like the way he acted in DP118. People always are upset with Musashi when she acts like a bitch when she gets all confident, but at the same time they don't notice that Kojiro can act as a jerk too at such times. But tbh, his behaviour in DP118 seemed quite out of the place, especially if this episode aired right after DP117. This episode makes me think that DP117 wasn't really planned as the part of that big DP character development, but rather, it could be an inspiration for Tomioka for character development and a reminder, what's Team Rocket's original purpose in the show. This episode always felt to me more like something Takegami wrote out of frustration, because he hated how things were in DP. Because seriously, for most of the time, they acted not quite nice towards each other, even in the original. DP055 and DP117 were the only episodes where they teach what coexistence is about. Other than that it's just about "I, me and myself". It could take some time for Tomioka to reconsider some things, until he decided to choose a concrete route. I bet it was a hard and risky decision, since character development is a serious business.

I think that would be a really great subplot for BW. Musashi already got a little jealous of him in DP146, so I could see some great character development as she slowly learns to accept that he's just naturally good at a lot of stuff.
    Yes, I'd love to see it. But yet, I can't see Kojiro being the centre of attention for the whole series. But does this kind of character development is possible to achieve in just one episode? I doubt... Maybe a few episodes mini-arc could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    The corresponding line would be "The ice cream I was going to has melted into a sticky mess". However, the scene might be long enough to include the next line "Destiny can't wait."

So interpret that how you will. Personally, I think it's awesome that the song actually lined up with the Rocket scene. I don't think that's ever happened before, right? Not that I'm saying it means anything, but it makes me want to do the AMV even more.
    But hey, this scene corresponded with the song and its title literally! It's really something ;D I wonder if the writers/animator/whoever thought "This song really works well with the Rockets, but we can't really show it". That's why they chose the line that sums up the meaning of the song the most.

But even if they didn't, this song still matches well with Rocketshipping tome :)
    Last edited by Jeshi; 12th July 2010 at 10:51 PM.

THE Queen Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

You're comparison is fantastic, RG. It just shows how easy it is to twist lines around and it could sound completely different.

Even if it doesn't mean anything, I think it's so cool that the rockets were in a scene! I think the song could definitely relate to rocketshipping, even just a little

it makes me want to do the AMV even more.
    Awww, I would love to see a video!

The beginning of the song definitely reminds me of rocketshipping:

Our relationship is a casual one
    To the point that we can talk about anything
    We've been together a long time
    But nothing's changed, has it?
    The phrase "nothing changed" however, isn't directly true; I feel that their bond has gotten deeper over DP, but they have been best friends for a long time.

And, they could definitely talk about anything

Also, I have a strange question about the song: Do you think the song fits better from the POV of Musashi, or the POV of Kojiro? Which of them do you imagine "singing" or "speaking" the song? I imagine this song more from the POV of Kojiro. I feel it just fits him better.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse108 View Post
    You're comparison is fantastic, RG. It just shows how easy it is to twist lines around and it could sound completely different.
    Thanks. It's why I go on and on about the script so much and who's writing what episode and why dub changes actually matter.

Also, I have a strange question about the song: Do you think the song fits better from the POV of Musashi, or the POV of Kojiro? Which of them do you imagine "singing" or "speaking" the song? I imagine this song more from the POV of Kojiro. I feel it just fits him better.
    Definitely Kojiro. There's talk about going on and on about love, being afraid the other person will someday leave... that's Kojiro's POV to a tee, as well as that cute comic book stuff. He's also the shyest of the two.

Something else about the song I forgot to mention. The back of the CD cover has a picture of melted ice cream in a cup.

Kojiro, definitely. Especially thanks to these lines:

"But you're always talking about your love life
    I keep it inside my delicate heart to not be found out"

---
    "When I'm with you, no matter when,
    You always seem to sparkle"

I can see him being the first who thinks about this stuff. It's always Kojiro who I imagine to realize his feelings before Musashi... He thinks more than her. :P

y team

I can't remember when this was last brought up, but I thought it would make an interesting topic.

What would you do if Rocketshipping got a rival ship in Best Wishes?

For me, it would depend on the scenario. If it was a Rose one episode type situation it might actually prove beneficial for us. If it's an arc long thing I'm not sure what to think... unless that was it for the show, it would be pointless since neither will ever leave. But maybe it could work out for us in the end since after a whole arc about it Musashi/Kojiro would choose to stay?

Well... To be honest if Musashi would be paired to anyone, I would probably ship the rival ship too. XD; But, I'm not so keen on the thought of Kojiro falling in love with anyone else; it would destroy the awesome development he got in DP and the true meaning of our fave episode. Also, AG gave me some weird trauma on him leaving Musashi alone, so... I just hope that won't happen. I think it would be more serious if Kojiro got a crush than Musashi having one.

y team

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

I can't remember when this was last brought up, but I thought it would make an interesting topic.

Blah, bad topic is bad

I wouldn't mind so much if it was just for one episode and it would be even kind of nice if it came out beneficial for us, but if it would get more serious... no, I can't even imagine it, it's just wrong to imagine Musashi and especially Kojiro with someone else. I also can't see the writers coming up with it. Because... what for? To spice up things about Musashi and Kojiro's relationship? Especially after all these years? After all that character development? Pokemon is no shoujo, thankfully. Plot like this seems just impossible. Besides, there's something sacred about Rocketshipping. It's a hermetic bond they don't share with anyone else. "Spicing things up" like this would only spoil it.

If I would ever see Musashi and Kojiro getting serious with someone else, my heart would bleed to death :/ I actually felt a little heartbroken when I saw first Hoso and it wasn't even love to begin with (thankfully it turned out to be quite beneficial after... almost 7 years xD;)! I'm afraid to even imagine what would happen if they fell for someone else. I don't care if it ended up beneficial for us, just a "betrayal" like this would hurt me badly enough :/ Though it depends on the situation, but I know I wouldn't forgive Kojiro :P

Quote Originally Posted by jessierocketka View Post
    I actually felt a little heartbroken when I saw first Hoso and it wasn't even love to begin with (thankfully it turned out to be quite beneficial after... almost 7 years xD;)
    I don't quite follow. How was the bad hoso beneficial? Is this the proving he's not gay thing?

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

I don't quite follow. How was the bad hoso beneficial? Is this the proving he's not gay thing?
    No, it made DP146 more epic

No, it made DP146 more epic
    I'm lost. What does DP146 have to do with it?

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

I'm lost. What does DP146 have to do with it?
    What was the main point of the first Hoso? Kojiro's man pride and waiting for appreciation he needs from women, yet the only woman he's been with didn't really respect his efforts enough. And what happened in DP146? Musashi felt grateful for him for winning her a ribbon - it would have never happened even in Kanto days. Besides, let's not forget that Musashi overall treats him way better than she did in the old times and we don't even remember the last time she hit him and she rarely screams at him too. Musashi's changing and Kojiro surely likes it. But this is only beginning, the development will still continue, hopefully

What was the main point of the first Hoso? Kojiro's man pride and waiting for appreciation he needs from women, yet the only woman he's been with didn't really respect his efforts enough. And what happened in DP146? Musashi felt grateful for him for winning her a ribbon - it would have never happened even in Kanto days. Besides, let's not forget that Musashi overall treats him way better than she did in the old times and we don't even remember the last time she hit him
    I see what you're getting at now. I should really watch more Kanto so I can notice these things better.

Though I have no intention of ever watching that first Hoso again.

and she rarely screams at him too. Musashi's changing and Kojiro surely likes it. But this is only beginning, the development will still continue, hopefully
    That reminds me of something I noticed when re-watching DP183 last night. I said after it first aired that Fujita seems to make Musashi a bit too bitchy, but that wasn't exactly the case. Yeah, Kojiro and Nyasu got all "Ahh!" at one point, but she was just upset about the situation. It just looked worse than it really was. And that psychic scene was really cute since Musashi and Kojiro weren't sure about Nyasu's plan. That's something we haven't seen in awhile and I hope it happens more.

I'm very curious what will happen tomorrow since they're getting promoted to a better spot and Yonemura is writing. Is this subplot even going anywhere?

And Kojiro liking the change in Musashi... that's still something he needs to comment on before DP ends, though I'm not sure how likely that is. :/

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Though I have no intention of ever watching that first Hoso again.
    I haven't even watched it for years. I don't regret it, somehow

I'm very curious what will happen tomorrow since they're getting promoted to a better spot and Yonemura is writing. Is this subplot even going anywhere?
    Their boss' behaviour looked like if it was really getting somewhere. For some reason it just seemed more serious to me than usual stuff. I know that their were doing well with previous jobs and their bosses were please, but this time just feels special. I wonder if they can get an offer for a permanent job? Not like they would go for it...

And Kojiro liking the change in Musashi... that's still something he needs to comment on before DP ends, though I'm not sure how likely that is. :/
    I can't see it coming, at least for a while. Musashi's character development isn't yet done. If Kojiro said such a thing in a halfway, it would just spoil everything. For now, it's up to us, to notice these changes and interprete them on our own. Kojiro could have said something about her not cheating anymore, sure, but it's not like we don't know that he likes it. We can say it just from the way how he supported her wholeheartedly at the contests. The writers really don't need to play Cpt Obvious