Blog Entries

Default Re: Rocketshipping General Discussion

...You'd think I'd bee less busy, since it's summer and all. :P

But I'd say I'll be able to say for a while now! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Bandage View Post

...HEY GUYS. WHAT UP. 8D
    YAY! You're back Snake! x3 *glomps*
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

Anyway, here is my comparison. It felt nice to get that off my chest and you really notice just how much is different when you do these. I might try this again.
    I love the fact you did a comparison. It really shows how different the original and the dub are.

(I wish you could do this for some other major episodes too. :P But that would take too much time.) XD All I can really say now, is that I'm soooooo glad I quit the dub.

:P

No idea who's writing any episode after this, but since it unfortunately seems like the Rockets will be getting a lot of screentime, I bet Tomioka will give us something really nice somewhere in here.
    At first I was afraid that they would only get a few seconds in the episode seen watching/selling food, but it was soooo much better this way. :3

It's nice to sometimes have a nice Rocket side-plot, especially when it brings us cute things like telepathy.

...I noticed how the Rockets have better roles now during important episodes for the twerps , like Kojiro and Nyasu during the GF was a lot more footage than I expected, and the festival with Ookido.

I hope BW continues this for us...

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    Awwwwww. <3

I especially love that because it shows the character development in DP.

Kojiro is much more supportive of Musashi's contests and proud of her achievements...I could never picture AG Kojiro doing that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by jessierocketka View Post

Lol, we really have different tastes Meron xD I like them a lot, but it may be because there was a good animator for this episode. If the Rockets are drawn right, they look good just in everything to me ;D
    I must say I hated them at first, just like Meron, but I get adjusted with things fast. ;D

The only reason they looked somewhat good was because Iwane helped Natsume. Otherwise Natsume sucks. xPP

And looking over the Rocket parts of this episode again, I couldn't help but notice that Nyasu felt more like a third wheel again. Certaily more than in Takegami's episode... It also looked the free food giveaway was Nyasu's idea (more Kanto like behavior), yet Kojiro was asking Musashi if this was a good idea. lol
    ...And combining Kanto behavior+DP character development just makes me squee! :DDD

So I was doing some investigating today and discovered that the Best Wishes settei has some interesting uniform changes for Musashi and Kojiro, along with some other cosmetic differences. I know you can't be certain that there are really any changes or if they'll look even more different, but I thought it was worth bringing up. If they really are changing the uniforms up a bit after all these years, who knows what other changes could be in store for them.

For instance, I was wondering if perhaps the twerp group really wont have a third person to it. If that's the case, could Nyasu be put into the background even more? Two people vs. two people makes more sense than two people vs. three people (which would be quite ironic considering the games are introducing triple battles).

I really get an Advanced Generation feeling from Best Wishes as we learn more and more about it. It feels like things are going to change a lot again, and we'll just have to hope it's in our favor.
    I'm not so sure yet i they are changes, it just looks as if it was drawn by a different artists, because it only looks as if the style varies...

But you could be right, after all Musashi's expression (and even Kojiro's) look much more menacing...

They could have a greater role a much greater role in the series, or a big rivalry with the new Team in Isshu. I sound dumb when tired. xP

....Too. tired. now,

I'll finish this reply in the morning. XD;

EDIT:

Thanks for that translation Jeska <3 It really was an interesting read and I appricaite all the hard work.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse108 View Post
    This is why I love rocketshipping, there is always so much to analyze!
    Exactly. Even if there isn't anything new happening at this current moment, we can always go back, analyze and learn more! x3

Y
    And here comes the perfect recipe for another break-up episode :D
    :D

I can definitely see something like that.

...Well I wouldn't exactly call it a break-up, but definitely something with some character development, especially for their relationship. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    I don't view Rocketshipping as getting married and having children, but more like finding themselves both through each other and by themselves, by being soulmates. Musashi and Kojiro are both "incomplete", but together they are... well, complete. And together they help each other fulfill their dreams, someday... (Yeah, I'm being all cliché, but I can't explain my thoughts better either.)
    I agree too. :3 I just want to to continue on together, and have Nyasu more of a third-wheel.

(So to speak.) I mean, don't get me wrong, I think it'd be great if they could live together, in like, a small cabin, but still adventure out and stuff. :3
    Last edited by XXKojiMusaXX; 8th July 2010 at 05:04 PM.

Medstudent of Dr. House IluvKojiro's Avatar

Hello

I just wanted to post once again something as I have not been here some time.
    I would like to make a big compliment to Musashi who wrote this really good comparison of the Japanese and English version.
    I never realized but this and Meronis drawing showed me how the sub ruins the real feelings and thoughts of the characters.
    I really should stick to the Japanese version because in German it is as worse as in English.
    For example I talked about it yet on DA.
    The comparison of DP117 when Musashi and Kojiro fear the death.
    In Japanese they say: "If there is a next world after we die, let's meet again there." (thanks Meroni) and in German they say: "If it happens that we are in another world you could visit me if you like."
    Anyway I can say as Musashi asked there are not many Team Rocket fans. I am buying some Manga magazines everymonth and there they post the tops 25 characters mixed up of course. Imagine that there is never ever a picture of Musashi or Kojiro, there is never a letter that someone wishes more of Team Rocket, nothing.
    It is very sad and they are ruining it when I read the original Japanese meanings it is so different and makes sense.

Jetzt gibts Ärger...
    ... und es kommt noch härter

Rocketshipper <3

DeviantArt

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/lyrics/pocket_monsters_diamond_pearl/ice_cream_syndrome.html

I was reading the lyrics of the new Pokemon movie ending, Ice Cream Syndrome and it reminded me sooo much of Rocketshipping(and ToxicBolt but that's another story...hehehe). How about you take a look? What do y'all think?

Blog Entries

I've been thinking the exact same thing since I first saw the translated lyrics. I'd love to make an AMV set to the song, but I doubt I'll ever get around to it. It's going to be interesting to see what part of the song plays during the Rocket scenes in the credits of the Zoroark movie, even though I know it probably doesn't mean anything.

In other news, I'm finishing up a DP117 comparison since so many loved my first one. It's really interesting how the dub version has a completely different message to it. You just don't get the feeling that Jessie and James have any sort of special bond to each other like you do in Japanese. Watching the episode again made me think of a topic.

Do you think Musashi wanted Kojiro to come after her in DP117?

The way she winked at him when she told him he should go always seemed strange to me, as did the fact she left so easily. So, do you think Musashi was waiting for Kojiro to come after her?
    Last edited by Musashi; 9th July 2010 at 10:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Yes, I understand what you mean. I agree, I usually think less of women who sacrifice their dreams for marriage or whatever, but I don't think that applies to Musashi because most likely her dream of being an idol would never come true. I know I'm being a little dramatic here, but personally, I don't think being an idol is the right path for her. So say if Musashi thinks that she can't be with Kojiro because it prevents her from being a star, her thinking is definitely misguided.
    If she became all popular, it would be a total disaster for all of her character development. We saw how she behaved during GF... I'd better not think what could happen if she won GF. No matter of character development she gets, it's still dangerous for her to be too much succesful/get too much atention, since she can easily get egocentric and full of herself this way.

Overall, Musashi won't sacrifice her dream of being a star because of Kojiro, it would be because she realizes that it is futile and won't ever happen.
    They still can have dreams, but they should share one dream instead. Only this way, I can see it work.

Quote Originally Posted by XXKojiMusaXX View Post
    At first I was afraid that they would only get a few seconds in the episode seen watching/selling food, but it was soooo much better this way. :3

It's nice to sometimes have a nice Rocket side-plot, especially when it brings us cute things like telepathy.

...I noticed how the Rockets have better roles now during important episodes for the twerps , like Kojiro and Nyasu during the GF was a lot more footage than I expected, and the festival with Ookido.

I hope BW continues this for us...
    Exactly :) I'm glad that not only the writers got reminded of TR's original role in the anime, but also they did even better than that ;D

Kojiro is much more supportive of Musashi's contests and proud of her achievements...I could never picture AG Kojiro doing that. :P
    QFT.

The only reason they looked somewhat good was because Iwane helped Natsume. Otherwise Natsume sucks. xPP
    Tbh, I like Iwane+Natsume team more than Iwane himself... But I agree, Natsume alone sucks, along with Kinoshita.

I'm not so sure yet i they are changes, it just looks as if it was drawn by a different artists, because it only looks as if the style varies...

But you could be right, after all Musashi's expression (and even Kojiro's) look much more menacing...
    But what expression has to do with changes?

They could have a greater role a much greater role in the series, or a big rivalry with the new Team in Isshu. I sound dumb when tired. xP
    The writers seem to really stray far away from the games, so I guess it could help them to get more creative with some ideas. They got arleady a little more creative (yes, even in spite of repetitive episodes) during DP, so maybe they want to take another step forward during BW? Who knows what can they think of.

Thanks for that translation Jeska <3 It really was an interesting read and I appricaite all the hard work.
    You're welcome :)

Exactly. Even if there isn't anything new happening at this current moment, we can always go back, analyze and learn more! x3
    And get repetitive like me :D

Quote Originally Posted by IluvKojiro View Post
    Hello

I just wanted to post once again something as I have not been here some time.
    You should come by more often! :D

I would like to make a big compliment to Musashi who wrote this really good comparison of the Japanese and English version.
    I never realized but this and Meronis drawing showed me how the sub ruins the real feelings and thoughts of the characters.
    I really should stick to the Japanese version because in German it is as worse as in English.

For example I talked about it yet on DA.
    The comparison of DP117 when Musashi and Kojiro fear the death.
    In Japanese they say: "If there is a next world after we die, let's meet again there." (thanks Meroni) and in German they say: "If it happens that we are in another world you could visit me if you like."
    Tbh, if I were to translate this line officially, I'd have the real problem.
    Good translation isn't about translating everything literally, but about finding a equivalent present in another language, good enough to convey the right meaning. But if you're able to translate it literally, do so. I hate American dub since they tend to westernize just everything, even if it doesn't have sense or if it changes the meaning.

If it was another show, I'd simply translate it as "If there is a next world after we die, let's meet again there." But people who translate for Pokemon, don't seem to have an easy life like that. How to omit a d-word, since it would definitely break poor, innocent children's minds and still convey the right meaning? So I think the American translator did a great job here. "If we end up part of the great Team Rocket beyond, look me up." may still not sound as mature and as direct as Japanese quote, but it still conveys the meaning pretty much right... if not for one detail.

When you're translating something, you should think of the points the author wanted to convey. The more you can convey in your translation as well, the better.

In Japanese, Musashi:
    1. is happy that they met in this life and wants to meet again in the next one.
    2. thinks that their bond is strong to the extent it overcomes death and believes they're destined to be together.

When you look deeper, you can also notice hints at the belief in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_string_of_fate
    and reference to many double suicide love stories, but that's cultural kind, not possible to be aware of it if you know nothing about Japanese culture.

In both American and German dub versions, only 1st point is conveyed fully, imo. The second is conveyed only partially, if not at all.

With "visiting", there's nothing about fate, especially when it comes to romantic themes. It reminds me of one scene in "NHK ni youkoso!" where two friends (and only friends, one of them arleady had a fiance she loved) are about to commit a suicide and one of them tells another to meet together in the next life to play chess. Such line is innocent to the extent that even if it indeed sounds nice, doesn't give you any second thoughts about the relationship of these people. "If it happens that we are in another world you could visit me if you like." sounds like "You were great friend and all, but I don't think I want to spend my another life with you. You can visit me if you like, but I don't care that much". I wonder why the translator, even though translating the first part more similarly to Japanese quote, comes up with something totally different in the second part.

American version may look a little better, but still, it's not perfect.

What both versions lack is "togetherness" which was only visible in Japanese version. It was not only visible, but even very much stressed in original version.
    "(...)mata aimashou, ne, atashi-tachi?"
    To translate it literally and not care about the grammar, it means "let's meet again, right, we?"
    The Japanese rarely even use the pronouns and in this case, adding "atashi-tachi" at the end of the sentence wasn't needed at all to understand the sentence and its plural form. It was only added to stress "we". Musashi wants to be assured here that Kojiro will try his best to look for her in the next life, but at the same time, she promises to do her best as well. In American version, Jessie says "look me up", but what does it even mean? Why she only obliges him to search for her? I know that she wants to meet him, but without feel of "togetherness" I can't see how is that destiny.

Anyway I can say as Musashi asked there are not many Team Rocket fans. I am buying some Manga magazines everymonth and there they post the tops 25 characters mixed up of course. Imagine that there is never ever a picture of Musashi or Kojiro, there is never a letter that someone wishes more of Team Rocket, nothing.
    Why I'm not surprised about this? :/ But let's just say, that people are too stupid to understand the greatness of Team Rocket

It is very sad and they are ruining it when I read the original Japanese meanings it is so different and makes sense.
    Totally! When I watch Japanese version I feel like watching another show. And now, as I know how much of the hard work the Japanese writers put and how deep they think about characterisations, I'm even more angry at what dub is doing...

Well, I don't know that she specifically wanted him to follow her. The way I see it Musashi probably (subconsiously?) figured that it was a given he would, eventually, and since she never expected their separation would be permanent she wouldn't need to want it. She knew that they'd be together soon enough. :)

Can't wait to read your comparison of the ep!

Well, excuuuuuse me.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi12370 View Post
    http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/lyrics/pocket_monsters_diamond_pearl/ice_cream_syndrome.html

I was reading the lyrics of the new Pokemon movie ending, Ice Cream Syndrome and it reminded me sooo much of Rocketshipping(and ToxicBolt but that's another story...hehehe). How about you take a look? What do y'all think?
    Woah, it really reminds me of Rocketshipping a lot, too! :D Thanks for sharing I hope that someone will make an AMV out of it, someday :)

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    In other news, I'm finishing up a DP117 comparison since so many loved my first one. It's really interesting how the dub version has a completely different message to it. You just don't get the feeling that Jessie and James have any sort of special bond to each other like you do in Japanese.
    QFT.

The way she winked at him when she told him he should go always seemed strange to me, as did the fact she left so easily. So, do you think Musashi was waiting for Kojiro to come after her?
    Oh, it makes sense, her behaviour at this point always seemed strange to me, and I couldn't think of an explanation. She knew exactly that she despites his fiancee and doesn't want to come back home. She left so carelessly as well, but still, she didn't forbade him to go after her. It was like, being curious about what he would do if she were to leave. While Nyasu didn't primarily care about his friends when he was away, Musashiwent totally crazy when she heard news about Kojiro. She still stayed close to the city too, as if it was to give him a chance to catch up to her. And when she came back to rescue him, she was all "it's nothing, we're team" as if nothing had happened and even for a second wasn't angry that because of him, she had to chenge her plans. Forcing him to admit that he's happy that she came back for him also seemed suspicious. All of this makes me think that she didn't really want to leave Kojiro, but rather, she wanted to see some sign of Kojiro being devoted to her. At that point of the anime, it had much sense, since Kojiro wasn't really supportive of Musashi and wasn't showing her that he cares for her. She might have just pretended she leaves the team forever just to check if Kojiro came after her/did something to bring her back. We know how Kojiro felt about Musashi's contests at that time, so the only possibility for him was to try get her back, not to go after her.

I wonder what would Kojiro do nowadays? He became supportive of Musashi's contests, but still, I think he'd rather get her back than go after her. He's too devoted to Team Rocket. But not to Team Rocket as the organisation but as in following the dreams they share together.

Blog Entries

Sorry for missing this before, but thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelys Galactica View Post
    Well, I don't know that she specifically wanted him to follow her. The way I see it Musashi probably (subconsiously?) figured that it was a given he would, eventually, and since she never expected their separation would be permanent she wouldn't need to want it. She knew that they'd be together soon enough. :)
    You know, after everything we've learned lately, I think Musashi is just too proud to admit she wants Kojiro to come with her. I don't think she'll ever admit she likes having him around unless they're in another near death situation. If Kojiro really wanted to leave, she would just let him if she knew it would make him happy...

I really wish we could interview Takegami. This part of the episode has always bugged me. Does he follow what Shudo said? He wrote the hoso, so is he just making stuff up as he goes? It always feels like he's in his own world separate from the other writers.

I wonder what would Kojiro do nowadays? He became supportive of Musashi's contests, but still, I think he'd rather get her back than go after her. He's too devoted to Team Rocket. But not to Team Rocket as the organisation but as in following the dreams they share together.
    Hmm, that's a very good question. I think he'd be more supportive and not so outwardly upset.But I honestly can't picture how the rest of that situation would go nowadays.

Oh, and I really love the rest of your post Jeska. Very insightful.

Medstudent of Dr. House IluvKojiro's Avatar

Sorry for missing this before, but thank you.
    You are very welcome.
    I red your reply to my post and agree with you. I remarked that German dub hardly ever uses phrases or word which have a deeper meaning. It really sounded like "You were a good friend and that is it" in DP117. Also Team Rocket seems aloof in the German dub, there are no feelings except for the movie dub. I remember "Shipwreck" the great scene where Kojiro does not want Musashi to leave him that was one of the parts the dub tries to make them sound desperate and show how they feel for each other.

By the way the German title for DP117 means translated:
    "The supernoodletalent" referring to Meowth or Christopher (I think his name is Mondo). It has absolutely no connection to the story of Team Rocket.

Sorry if I always come up with German dub...

Jetzt gibts Ärger...
    ... und es kommt noch härter

Rocketshipper <3

DeviantArt

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

I really wish we could interview Takegami. This part of the episode has always bugged me. Does he follow what Shudo said? He wrote the hoso, so is he just making stuff up as he goes? It always feels like he's in his own world separate from the other writers.
    I doubt it, like you said, he seems to have his own vision about the Rockets and doesn't seem to care about what other writers do. Shudo was always saying how the other writers don't take his suggestions into consideration too much as everyone did as their pleased during Kanto, so Shudo just gave up and let everyone do whatever they like. He was still correcting some scripts, but only a little.
    Anyway, if we interviewed Takegami about that I'm not sure if he would even get what we mean xD; It'd be better to ask him specifically about this scene. But tbh, I've never thought seriously about this scene. You can call it some kind of "fake scene" done specifically for this plot. The same kind of scene where Musashi wanted Kojiro to get married with Rumika in EP048. Does anyone think seriously about it? No one.

But who knows, maybe it has some deeper meaning to it. After what I read in Shudo's blog, I may be surprised by many things yet o__O;

Better think of something to ask Shudo about. But we shouldn't really ask him about anything unless I translate everything he wrote about TR D:

Oh, and I really love the rest of your post Jeska. Very insightful.
    Thank you :D

By the way the German title for DP117 means translated:
    "The supernoodletalent" referring to Meowth or Christopher (I think his name is Mondo). It has absolutely no connection to the story of Team Rocket.
    "Noodles! Roamin' off" doesn't sound better... The only time I liked dub title better than original one, was DP146 :D

Blog Entries

I've been thinking the exact same thing since I first saw the translated lyrics. I'd love to make an AMV set to the song, but I doubt I'll ever get around to it. It's going to be interesting to see what part of the song plays during the Rocket scenes in the credits of the Zoroark movie, even though I know it probably doesn't mean anything.
    OMG! Now that I read those lyrics it does fit them perfectly. <3

I'd lol if it play during the Rocket scenes in the credits too, or just a line that makes the most sense! :P

...I would love to see an AMV made from you RG! :D (I mean I would love to do it too, but it would be hard for me matching the subtitles to the music, especially since I don't know any Japanese. )

But yeah, if you don't do it I'd love to see someone else from here give it a shot. :3
    Tbh, I like Iwane+Natsume team more than Iwane himself... But I agree, Natsume alone sucks, along with Kinoshita.
    Yeah, I'd agree too on that one. :P

Hehehe.

I
    But what expression has to do with changes?
    I told you I sound stupid when tired. :P

The writers seem to really stray far away from the games, so I guess it could help them to get more creative with some ideas. They got already a little more creative (yes, even in spite of repetitive episodes) during DP, so maybe they want to take another step forward during BW? Who knows what can they think of.
    Well, (correct me if I'm wrong) but to me it seems that the writers are a bit closer to the plot as of DP with some things.

I mean besides some random arcs here and there like the Tag-Team Tournament, Summer School arc, Jouto Festa, and other random things going on the writers seemed to stay closer to the game plots with the twerp trio and various others that were actually in the games.

Like since the Rocket Dan isn't really part of the game plot they do find great ways to improvise and include them to the plot. What I wonder is if they'll go even further with this in BW...

EDIT:

And as for your topic about DP117 RG, I'm gonna have to be boring and agree with all of you! XD;

...I mean the way Musashi went off was pretty much as she was expecting Kojiro to eventually follow her, even subconsciously. We all know that Musashi is far to proud to just tell him to come along with her. ;D Teeheehee.

Blog Entries

Follow QuietDragon on Tumblr

Awww, Ice Cream Syndrome does seem to fit! ;_;

What a sad, sweet piece.

Musapion on SPPf, QuietxDragon on tumblr

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Subconsciously, yes. The way she winked and brought up his fiance, especially because she knows he'd never go back home. And when she left quickly, it was almost because she didn't want to think too much about her decision. Even if she did want Kojiro to follow her, she would have been too proud to admit it. I'm sure she's aware that Kojiro doesn't really have any personal goals, so that he would eventually want to find his way back to her and Nyasu so that they would be a team again. (Well...maybe not so much Nyasu, especially after he ignored her plea when she went out of her way to go back to the ramen shop to find him so that they could go find Kojiro, but her, yes) I think that's part of why I love it so much that it's Musashi that goes after him, sure, it's appropriate because she was the one that left, and she wanted validated, she needed him to say he needed her around. But I love it because it was her decision to leave, but completely freaked out when she realized Kojiro was in danger, and may have felt like it was her fault, even if Kojiro takes the blame when he thinks they're going to die.

And I can't wait to read your episode comparison :D

Hmm, and I just thought of something. It always seems Musashi is more concerned with only herself being successful, while Kojiro is more concerned with being successful as a team. I wonder if this would change if Kojiro found something to focus on, like Musashi had with her contests? Maybe not as major, but another goal? I can't see Kojiro having as big of dreams for himself as Musashi does, (especially if Musashi is focusing on something, I think he would always be more concerned about helping her with whatever she is doing more than his own stuff. I was always under the impression that he puts his friends' happiness before his own, especially Musashi, and not out of fear of being beat up, just because he's a caring person) but I wonder if he would less concerned with Rocket-Dan and more concerned with whatever it is that he wanted to do? I suppose it is about balance though...but Nyasu's dreams are almost always Rocket-Dan related.

If she became all popular, it would be a total disaster for all of her character development. We saw how she behaved during GF... I'd better not think what could happen if she won GF. No matter of character development she gets, it's still dangerous for her to be too much succesful/get too much atention, since she can easily get egocentric and full of herself this way.
    Exactly, if she ever achieved the success she dreams of so much, all of her character development in DP would have been for nothing. All of this character development makes me believe that she will never be "too" successful, because surely the writers would not have done it for nothing? I am very glad she did as well as she did in the Grand Festival, but if she had won, it makes me wonder what would have happened, especially after Kojiro and Nyasu got all of that merchandise to sell because they were so sure she would become Top Coordinator. Perhaps they did it be sure that she would not leave them behind if she did become successful?

"If we end up part of the great Team Rocket beyond, look me up." may still not sound as mature and as direct as Japanese quote, but it still conveys the meaning pretty much right... if not for one detail.
    I never liked that line for the reasons you mentioned, it just doesn't convey nearly the same feeling that the Japanese version did.

Totally! When I watch Japanese version I feel like watching another show. And now, as I know how much of the hard work the Japanese writers put and how deep they think about characterisations, I'm even more angry at what dub is doing...
    Same here :) I love watching the Japanese version so much, even episodes I've seen the dub for because I feel like I'm watching a better version of what I already know.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by CarlyRocketto View Post
    Hmm, and I just thought of something. It always seems Musashi is more concerned with only herself being successful, while Kojiro is more concerned with being successful as a team. I wonder if this would change if Kojiro found something to focus on, like Musashi had with her contests? Maybe not as major, but another goal?I can't see Kojiro having as big of dreams for himself as Musashi does, (especially if Musashi is focusing on something, I think he would always be more concerned about helping her with whatever she is doing more than his own stuff. I was always under the impression that he puts his friends' happiness before his own, especially Musashi, and not out of fear of being beat up, just because he's a caring person) but I wonder if he would less concerned with Rocket-Dan and more concerned with whatever it is that he wanted to do? I suppose it is about balance though...but Nyasu's dreams are almost always Rocket-Dan related.
    Yep, that is definitely true about Kojiro, since he doesn't have any goals beyond the team as of now. I think it would change if Kojiro had a goal, like Musashi's contests; he would be concerned about his personal goal, however, he would mostly be more concerned about the team first, and what Musashi and Nyasu think. I agree that he will put the team's happiness before his own, and that if his goal conflicts with the team's success, he would put his goal on hold for awhile. I wonder what Musashi would think of Kojiro's new goal. How would she react to it? I think she might go the same route as Kojiro did- she might not be totally supportive of it at first, but then be more supportive either.

Perhaps they did it be sure that she would not leave them behind if she did become successful?
    I could be wrong about this, but I don't think Kojiro or Nyasu would think like that. Kojiro was shocked in DP 117 when Musashi left, so I don't think Kojiro would consciously think that. Subconsciously, maybe. But I surmise he is confident in his friendship with Musashi that he knows that she wasn't going to leave them.

Blog Entries

http://www.freewebs.com/rocketshipper/dp117comparison.htm

Well, I finally got it done. Sorry it took so long, but there were a lot more changes than I thought, as well as some real life things that distracted me. I think I'll do these every once in awhile. I have a strong feeling I'll need to with this week's episode...

Sorry if I always come up with German dub...
    That's ok. It's always interesting to hear how other countries dub the show.

...I would love to see an AMV made from you RG! :D (I mean I would love to do it too, but it would be hard for me matching the subtitles to the music, especially since I don't know any Japanese. )
    I actually started to work on it a bit yesterday, but reading the lyrics along with the song and picturing Rocket scenes made me cry.

Well, (correct me if I'm wrong) but to me it seems that the writers are a bit closer to the plot as of DP with some things.
    They have been. Especially when it comes to game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlyRocketto View Post
    Hmm, and I just thought of something. It always seems Musashi is more concerned with only herself being successful, while Kojiro is more concerned with being successful as a team. I wonder if this would change if Kojiro found something to focus on, like Musashi had with her contests? Maybe not as major, but another goal? I can't see Kojiro having as big of dreams for himself as Musashi does, (especially if Musashi is focusing on something, I think he would always be more concerned about helping her with whatever she is doing more than his own stuff. I was always under the impression that he puts his friends' happiness before his own, especially Musashi, and not out of fear of being beat up, just because he's a caring person) but I wonder if he would less concerned with Rocket-Dan and more concerned with whatever it is that he wanted to do? I suppose it is about balance though...but Nyasu's dreams are almost always Rocket-Dan related.
    That's a very good question. I think if Kojiro was really good at something he might get a little swelled head, but he'd come back to earth soon enough.

I wonder what Musashi would think of Kojiro's new goal. How would she react to it? I think she might go the same route as Kojiro did- she might not be totally supportive of it at first, but then be more supportive either.
    I think that would be a really great subplot for BW. Musashi already got a little jealous of him in DP146, so I could see some great character development as she slowly learns to accept that he's just naturally good at a lot of stuff.

I could be wrong about this, but I don't think Kojiro or Nyasu would think like that. Kojiro was shocked in DP 117 when Musashi left, so I don't think Kojiro would consciously think that. Subconsciously, maybe. But I surmise he is confident in his friendship with Musashi that he knows that she wasn't going to leave them.
    I agree. I think he and Nyasu just had all that stuff because they were so excited and happy for her, and knew she'd win. Kojiro saw a bright future, after all.