Rocketshipping General Discussion - Page 3
Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocketshipping General Discussion

Default Re: Rocketshipping General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    Jeska, thank you for explaining that. It makes me love DP117 even more. Even if it's just cultural difference, the Japanese version of love seems so romantic to me... I just realized that that is one of the reasons why I like the Japanese version of Pocket Monsters so much.
    I agree with Meron. I never realized just how romantic the Japanese language could be either, and it also makes me appreciate the lines we do get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuska View Post
    You're right, this is a great example what I miss nowadays. Back then we got cute stuff in episodes with non Rocket focus as well... it's a shame the writer don't gave us such cute sidestories like in EP142 anymore.
    I disagree. Just look at Contests if you think we don't get good stuff in non Rocket episodes nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuska View Post
    BTW, when was the turning point? When Jessie won her first ribbon? I can't quiet remember.
    This can be debated, but IMO this was the turning point:

http://www.freewebs.com/rocketshipper/undefined/DP123_1.jpg

This was two Contests after her second ribbon, so I believe it was Kojiro realizing that her ribbon wins weren't flukes that things changed.

And if anyone wants a rundown of Musashi's Contests thus far, I'm keeping track here. Not entirely Rocketshippy related, but it really shows Musashi's progress.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luci View Post
    Woah, new thread.

I was already confused with the brand new layout xD I had to check a few times to see if I was on the right site.

Don't worry, I was confused at first too! XD

...AND I adore your new picture! <3 Are you on dA, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Man, I wish Yonemura would write great stuff like that again. That was such a sweet moment.
    I know! D: He wrote some of my favorite Rocketshippy moments in the original series...

And to answer the current topic...

Do you want the possible Grand Festival shippyness to be dialogue-heavy or an "action speaks louder than words" thing?

As much as I'd love something that the dub couldn't mess up, I'd really prefer a dialogue hint(s). IMO, they have much more meaning since it's the kind of thing you can't really debate hint wise. I prefer direct shippyness that's obvious to everyone.
    I completely agree,

But I think we can get a little bit of hints in the animation, if that isn't too hard to ask? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Insana Dana View Post
    I know I didn't post as much in the old thread, but I'm hoping to break tradition and post here when I can.
    Welcome back here Dana. (:

It's not that hard to post here. Whenever you feel like joining the conversation, just come on board, it's not like you have to reply to everything! :P

Even if I do like to do that myself...

This was two Contests after her second ribbon, so I believe it was Kojiro realizing that her ribbon wins weren't flukes that things changed.

And if anyone wants a rundown of Musashi's Contests thus far, I'm keeping track here. Not entirely Rocketshippy related, but it really shows Musashi's progress.
    I agree too.

He let Musashi start using his own Pokemon, and started showing more support after...

AND Meron, I totally <3 your new sig! (:

Blog Entries

I agree with Meron. I never realized just how romantic the Japanese language could be either, and it also makes me appreciate the lines we do get.

I disagree. Just look at Contests if you think we don't get good stuff in non Rocket episodes nowadays.

I can tell.I think Jessie has 4 ribbons right?? Yeah things did changed fineally he realeizes it for once.

i just hope she gets her 5th ribbon >.<!!!

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, Amu-chan... Sudden sig/avvy change is sudden. I like it! :D

...And speaking of signatures...Am I the only one amused by my own signature? *Lawnmowergirl thinks James is bisexual*

Erm...well, anyways, in honor of the new thread...here's something I drew several years ago...halfway through drawing the hearts in the background I realized I didn't like the way they looked...so the background is sort of an epic fail. But otherwise I think it looks okay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rocketshipping8.jpg  
    Last edited by Lawnmowergirl; 17th March 2010 at 05:50 PM.

Morpheus♥Orange♥Contest♥HeatTag♥Wishful♥Rocket

deviantart|photobucket|pixiv|youtube|fanfiction|tumblr|shipping

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowergirl View Post
    Wow, Amu-chan... Sudden sig/avvy change is sudden. I like it! :D

...And speaking of signatures...Am I the only one amused by my own signature? *Lawnmowergirl thinks James is bisexual*

Erm...well, anyways, in honor of the new thread...here's something I drew several years ago...halfway through drawing the hearts in the background I realized I didn't like the way they looked...so the background is sort of an epic fail. But otherwise I think it looks okay.
    James being Bisexual is so old.
    I luv that pic!!
    Why didnt you show it! D:!!
    I just love it alot >.<!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ♪Amu Hinamori♪ View Post
    James being Bisexual is so old.
    I luv that pic!!
    Why didnt you show it! D:!!
    I just love it alot >.<!!
    How can something that I made up for the heck of it be old, though? I've never seen anyone else saying it or anything...

But, anyways, thanks for complimenting my drawing... I've drawn much better stuff more recently, but it's a total pain to use my scanner.

I should probably get started on another drawing soon. It's been way too long since the last time I drew anything RocketShippy. And, actually, I was gonna put up this drawing I did in MS Paint...but I couldn't find it. Dang. I knew taking all my pictures out of the folders and then deleting the folders was a bad idea. I never get around to reorganizing them.

Y'know... I sometimes have gotten intimidated by the RocketShipping community here at BMGf... everyone knows all the Japanese names and the writers and animation directors by heart, and sometimes I can't keep up with what's going on because it becomes a huge conversation between a small number of people who are extremely in the know, and me just trying to keep track of things and feeling ignored, sort of. I don't mean to sound whiny or anything., I'm just saying... I dunno what I'm saying, actually.

... I'm just gonna shut up now and go look for that Paint drawing I made.

Edit: Here it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rocketshipping.png  

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Jeska, thank you for explaining that. It makes me love DP117 even more. <3 And they did say real Japanese double suicide lines in the CD drama, remember?
    You're welcome ^^

Yes, of course I remember :) These lines were based on "Sonezaki shinjuu" by Chikamatsu Monzaemon.

Even if it's just cultural difference, the Japanese version of love seems so romantic to me...
    It seems romantic to me as well, yet many people regard them as cold-hearted since they're so reserved about their feelings... But yeah, it's just cultural difference, and that's it.

It's funny how Musashi and Kojiro are written all Japanese-y when it comes to , yet they don't see a problem about touching each other (I mean the post I wrote in the old thread last week).
    This is so... confusing. And interesting, really :D

Would it be too strong if they confessed that the other makes his/her life much happier?
    I don't think so I can see it happen :)

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    I'm glad ^^

To me, any person isn't bisexual as long as they show any hint of it - that is, showing affection towards both sexes.

But I see you don't take it seriously, it's ok to have a little fun xD

Cute fanart :) I believe I've seen it arleady somewhere...

Y'know... I sometimes have gotten intimidated by the RocketShipping community here at BMGf... everyone knows all the Japanese names and the writers and animation directors by heart, and sometimes I can't keep up with what's going on because it becomes a huge conversation between a small number of people who are extremely in the know, and me just trying to keep track of things and feeling ignored, sort of. I don't mean to sound whiny or anything., I'm just saying... I dunno what I'm saying, actually.
    I'm sorry that you got such a feeling, but it's not our intention. The thread is going fast and Rocketshipping is serious business, so it can't be helped.

If you don't know something, just ask - you won't be ignored for sure (and no one will eat you)!
    I was a complete noob when I came here as well. It just takes some time to learn some things, but nothing is impossible to a willing mind

And you know, RG didn't make her site in vain. It takes an hour or two to read the content on her page and you know just everything what are we talking about. She spends a lot of time on various activities that help newbies (f.e. read her first post on this page...). You can't call that ignoring, really ^^; Especially if you didn't ask us about anything.

Have pokemon, will travel SilveryBeing's Avatar

Ah, new thread makes jumping in much easier. X3

Rocketshippers never die. I've been into this ship since the very beginning and while I haven't exactly been active in the fandom for a number of years, Rocketshipping has remained one of my favorite OTPs. I just recently gotten back into Pokemon, which I have zero time for because of my senior thesis, so sadly I'm not going to be as regular a poster as I would like to be.

I've also been sitting on this theory as to why Giovanni hasn't fired the team yet. It's not really rocketshippy so I'm not sure if I can talk about it here but I'd rather discuss it with like minded individuals.
    Been out of the world a spell--like to walk it awhile- Book

Pokewalkers by CanYouCeeMe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jessierocketka View Post
    You're welcome ^^

Yes, of course I remember :) These lines were based on "Sonezaki shinjuu" by Chikamatsu Monzaemon.

It seems romantic to me as well, yet many people regard them as cold-hearted since they're so reserved about their feelings... But yeah, it's just cultural difference, and that's it.

It's funny how Musashi and Kojiro are written all Japanese-y when it comes to , yet they don't see a problem about touching each other (I mean the post I wrote in the old thread last week).
    This is so... confusing. And interesting, really :D

I don't think so I can see it happen :)

I'm glad ^^

To me, any person isn't bisexual as long as they show any hint of it - that is, showing affection towards both sexes.

But I see you don't take it seriously, it's ok to have a little fun xD

Cute fanart :) I believe I've seen it arleady somewhere...

I'm sorry that you got such a feeling, but it's not our intention. The thread is going fast and Rocketshipping is serious business, so it can't be helped.

If you don't know something, just ask - you won't be ignored for sure (and no one will eat you)!
    I was a complete noob when I came here as well. It just takes some time to learn some things, but nothing is impossible to a willing mind

And you know, RG didn't make her site in vain. It takes an hour or two to read the content on her page and you know just everything what are we talking about. She spends a lot of time on various activities that help newbies (f.e. read her first post on this page...). You can't call that ignoring, really ^^; Especially if you didn't ask us about anything.
    I cant really keep up with ze ship like LawnMower said but yes this place is serious buisness.We try to make Rocketshipping not dieing and make it feel the love D:

Quote Originally Posted by SilveryBeing View Post
    I've also been sitting on this theory as to why Giovanni hasn't fired the team yet. It's not really rocketshippy so I'm not sure if I can talk about it here but I'd rather discuss it with like minded individuals.
    I always connect the organization to the final of the anime; In my preference Musashi and Kojiro hear that Rocket-dan has finally quit the whole business, and they decide to continue their lives other ways. Musashi may continue to do contests, and Kojiro would continue traveling with her (before that he would say the romantic things I mentioned earlier). Dunno about Nyasu, I myself wouldn't mind if he went on his own journey...

Oh, and welcome to our thread, SilveryBeing!

There's a reason we know and talk a lot about Rocketshipping; because we love it. Simple as that.

y team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jessierocketka View Post

Yeah...thank you. Besides, I probably should have asked if I was confused about something. And I think the best thing to do to not be ignored would simply be to actively participate in the thread.
    *Lawnmowergirl fails at life sometimes* I hate having ADHD. It makes it hard for me with the new shipping forums rules because I have trouble staying on topic.

But, yeah. Expect to see me around more often...but not to make dumb excuses.

....I'm going to draw some RocketShippy stuff in Paint now. If anything turns out unfailishly, I'll post it as soon as possible.

And I'm also going to look up the Japanese names of Rocketto-dan's Pokemon. That will probably make a world of difference to my understanding of the discussion.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Welcome to the thread, SilveryBeing!

Quote Originally Posted by SilveryBeing View Post
    You mean "not really rocketshippy" as in anti-rocketshippy or just not connected to Rocketshipping at all?

And well, I guess it's even harder to jump in, just because it's Rocketshipping. Since Musashi and Kojiro has been in the anime for 600+ episodes, much longer than any other main shipping... that gives quite a lot things to talk about. And as they're still in the anime... it means a possible new stuff every week that occassionally may change your point of view and affect all speculations. It's really demanding shipping, if you want to take a full advantage of it. Because really, Rocketshipping has so much potential and opportunities, that it would be a real waste if we couldn't speculate like this :( At least it feels like it to me... We love being creative! ^^

There's a reason we know and talk a lot about Rocketshipping; because we love it. Simple as that.
    The simplest ways are always the best xD

Yeah...thank you. Besides, I probably should have asked if I was confused about something. And I think the best thing to do to not be ignored would simply be to actively participate in the thread.

And I'm also going to look up the Japanese names of Rocketto-dan's Pokemon. That will probably make a world of difference to my understanding of the discussion.
    Believe me or not, but I wrote very similar post last summer when I got angry that everyone's using Japanese pokemon names I don't know and I was told to just ask. Everyone was a noob someday, so don't worry xD
    Last edited by Jeshi; 17th March 2010 at 07:53 PM.

I think we need a topic.

How do you think Musashi and Kojiro currently view their relationship with each other?

I think that as of right now, the two of them only see each other as best friends, who are really more like family. I don't think Kojiro is in love with her, but Musashi might have some repressed feelings of love for Kojiro. It all depends if Musashi's anger of Kojiro not wanting to marry her still counts as canon. I could easily see that whole scene being ignored in Tomioka's mind for obvious reasons. Now, there's been a few cases (8th movie, DP117) where it feels like she's flirting a little, but Musashi is so hard to read emotion wise that you could take that stuff a variety of ways.

How do you think Musashi and Kojiro currently view their relationship with each other?

I think Kojiro has a very small crush for Musa, but of course he denies his feelings (psychological defense) so deep he doesn't think about it. But he does feel uncomfortable when Musashi is flirting with other men, and makes excuses to himself why he shouldn't let Musashi run away with someone. But he feels he should take care of Musashi because she's way too unstable, even though she is the "boss" of the team.

Musashi might feel something strong for Kojiro, but as we know she hides her true emotions way too deep to accept any romantic thoughts about her friend. I don't think she ever talks about feelings with Kojiro, but she might give hints by being over-dramatic in some situations, hoping that Kojiro would make the starting move. I don't know how she views him as a friend... But Musashi is a tsundere stereotype as its best. DP153 says it all. xD

(Btw, we are probably getting a new trailer tomorrow; can't wait to see if the rocket's are in it, and maybe we can see the rocket promo too.)

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

I think we need a topic.

Very great topic. It made me realize that I don't really know what to respond ^^; For years, I've believed that they're arleady in love, it's just that they aren't aware of it yet. Now I'm gonna say pretty the same, only add that it must be some kind of weird love xD; But of course, they view each other as nothing but best friends now. Soulmates, I'd even say ;)

It all depends if Musashi's anger of Kojiro not wanting to marry her still counts as canon.
    I think that Musashi's anger isn't canon anymore (at least to not that extent as it used to). She rarely bursts with anger now and really, even it happens, such sweet things like DP143 reunion scene or DP146 glomp scene make me forget about moments of her &quot;weaknesses&quot;. But tbh, I love when she gets angry with Kojiro from time to time (aka DP142 or DP153 strangling scene xD). As long as it's from time to time, I don't mind it at all, I even enjoy it :3

And about Kojiro not wanting to marry her... I don't know, but I'm looking forward to Rumika's return so maybe we'd get some more info about it...

Now, there's been a few cases (8th movie, DP117) where it feels like she's flirting a little, but Musashi is so hard to read emotion wise that you could take that stuff a variety of ways.
    Oh, I see we pay attention to totally different things, when looking for hints whether something is love or friendship ^^;

I think Kojiro has a very small crush for Musa, but of course he denies his feelings (psychological defense) so deep he doesn't think about it. But he does feel uncomfortable when Musashi is flirting with other men, and makes excuses to himself why he shouldn't let Musashi run away with someone. But he feels he should take care of Musashi because she's way too unstable, even though she is the "boss" of the team.

Musashi might feel something strong for Kojiro, but as we know she hides her true emotions way too deep to accept any romantic thoughts about her friend. I don't think she ever talks about feelings with Kojiro, but she might give hints by being over-dramatic in some situations, hoping that Kojiro would make the starting move. I don't know how she views him as a friend... But Musashi is a tsundere stereotype as its best. DP153 says it all. xD
    QFT. I always felt that Kojiro always aspired to be Musashi's "prince charming" but kept on failing miserably, and while Musashi is openly looking for her prince charming, but she eitheir doesn't see that he's standing right next to her, or just denies it, because "it can't be him, just because".

(Btw, we are probably getting a new trailer tomorrow; can't wait to see if the rocket's are in it, and maybe we can see the rocket promo too.)
    Hooray! ^^
    Last edited by Jeshi; 17th March 2010 at 08:26 PM.

Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast