Rocketshipping General Discussion - Page 27

Page 27 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Rocketshipping General Discussion

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Default Re: Rocketshipping General Discussion

Time to summarize another weird dream of mine...

Well, Kojiro was doing something with his Pokémon outside the GF hall, and then suddenly Musashi walked there and she said she lost her latest battle. Then Kojiro run to her, hugged her and they looked into each others eyes cutely. Musashi was surprisingly content, even though she cried a little bit.
    ---
    Well, this was a 1-hour special episode, and in the second ep they were in their uniforms again and hanging around somewhere. Musashi said she needs a kiss from someone to cheer her up, and she puckered her lips to Kojiro who got all "eww, don't close to me!". Musashi said "kiss me", and Kojiro said "I don't want to" in horror, and Musashi chased him for a little bit.
    Then later in the episode, Kojiro got hurt by something and Musashi tried to hug him innocently, and he jumped away from her. Then she finally caught him and hugged him sweetly, and Kojiro said "... Not so bad after all."
    ---
    Like, wtf?! Talk about OOCness! XD And since when has Kojiro had something against Musashi hugging him? I remember going all "Rocketshipping just died ;_;" while watching that "episode", but Kojiro's line saved my OTP. Lolwut.

y team

Bit of a n00b

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    Time to summarize another weird dream of mine...

Well, Kojiro was doing something with his Pokémon outside the GF hall, and then suddenly Musashi walked there and she said she lost her latest battle. Then Kojiro run to her, hugged her and they looked into each others eyes cutely. Musashi was surprisingly content, even though she cried a little bit.
    ---
    Well, this was a 1-hour special episode, and in the second ep they were in their uniforms again and hanging around somewhere. Musashi said she needs a kiss from someone to cheer her up, and she puckered her lips to Kojiro who got all "eww, don't close to me!". Musashi said "kiss me", and Kojiro said "I don't want to" in horror, and Musashi chased him for a little bit.
    Then later in the episode, Kojiro got hurt by something and Musashi tried to hug him innocently, and he jumped away from her. Then she finally caught him and hugged him sweetly, and Kojiro said "... Not so bad after all."
    ---
    Like, wtf?! Talk about OOCness! XD And since when has Kojiro had something against Musashi hugging him? I remember going all "Rocketshipping just died ;_;" while watching that "episode", but Kojiro's line saved my OTP. Lolwut.
    *finally comes back to post*
    D'awww, I didn't think your dream made Rocketshipping die. It was dang sweet is all. Anyway, I can just imagine Kojiro being like, "Nooo, I don't like you! Idon'tIdon'tIdon't!" and being all in denial in front of Musashi. (Though it would be so obvious he did...)

I had a Rocketshippy dream once, though I don't remember it that well...Musashi was pregnant and Kojiro was a bit "WTF?" and Nyasu had to give him 'the Talk'. Yeah, my dreams are friggen weird.

Quote Originally Posted by jessierocketka View Post

Rose is one of the Rockets symbols and always will be
    Plus, we all know what "rocket" means... ;) Rocketshipping sure has a lot of symbols :3
    Yech. Cori Falls-style evidence. God, she loved that scan. Yech.

*lurks again*

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Who do you think will be the first to confess? Musashi or Kojiro?
    I'm not sure who realizes their feelings first (I've always believed that they're in love arleady, but they haven't realized it yet) but I think it would be Musashi, since she's more aware of love and all that stuff (f.e. she blushed after Kojiro fell on top of her, while he didn't). One more reason why I loved DP153's idea about little Kojiro having a crush for Rumika is that because earlier, I have to admit, there were times, when I started to think that Kojiro is just almost as dull about romance as Satoshi is. But now that I know that he knows how love feels, I feel relieved.

Anyway, I won't be original, but I think that Kojiro should be the first who confesses. Why? I think all of us noticed how Kojiro acts more manly in latest episodes - and he's developing in this direction. Such confession requires a lot of courage - he just needs more self-confidence and some motivation to do it. I love how he's submissive towards Musashi but sometimes, he needs to be the one to wear the pants - otherwise his manly ego may suffer again Moreover, even if Musashi will be the one who realizes first, she'll be waiting for Kojiro to confess. First, because she's too proud to open like that in front of Kojiro, being unsure of his feelings and risk that she may be rejected. Second, we know that she dreams about her "prince charming". In fairy-tales, it's always the prince, who confesses first ;D

Before the confession though, Musashi should fall in love with him - it would be boring if she started to like Kojiro just because he said he loves her.
    That would be the lamest thing ever :-P But it won't happen, because it's not like Musashi doesn't have any feelings for him at all, we can say it even now.

And as for the words... I'm going with something like "I don't want to live without you". I can sorta see Musashi trying to leave Kojiro again (after Rocket-dan is over) because she's afraid that Kojiro would leave her when she needs him the most, and breaking her heart (hypocrite!). Then Kojiro could confess (while bawwwing) and say that line. The rest is up to your imagination...
    Reading posts like this, makes me think even more how DP117 would be the perfect episode for making the Rocketshipping canon

I know how I said earlier that I don't want them to confess with words "I love you", because compared to "If there's a next world after we die, let's meet again there" would feel... you know, not special (let alone, how "I love you" sounds lame in Japanese). But on the other hand, I'm aware that many people, unless they hear "I love you" or see a kiss, won't admit shipping a canon. So, if we got another situation comparable to that from DP117 (ANGST! ANGST, I SAY!), and get some "special" lines + "I love you" and/or a kiss to point out that they think of each other as lovers, that would be perfect for me Now, I can imagine Kojiro confessing to Musashi in two situations - either after saving Musashi from some mortal danger and leaving Team Rocket together soon after that (DenPika manga-wise) or from the fear to lose her - when they finally decide to leave Team Rocket forever and their paths would be about to split. I'm not sure what exactly words he should use, because I'm sure that if I write something here, he will say something different and much better anyway, so I will feel stupid xD; It will be definitely something beautiful, sweet and touching :3

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    "I love you, as one loves another person, whom one simply cannot do without."

Sorry, couldn't resist...
    Hehe, your Facebook entry is what inspired me for this topic in the first place ;D I like this line a lot :3

Yes, please. I've seen too many shows where that happened, and it made absolutely no sense whatsoever. I think the Pokemon writers can do better than that.
    Takegami wouldn't do that for sure. But I doubt if he lasts this long :(

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse108 View Post
    lmao! I have never seen that picture before (at least in recent memory). I'm not quite sure what to think of it, haha
    It's inside art from "Roketto Dan yo eien ni!" CD ^_^

Hehe, let alone total OOCness, the parts of your dreams totally contradict each other! XD; I mean, first Kojiro hugs Musashi after she lost and then he doesn't want a hug from her? Wtf xD; Dreams can be totally crazy sometimes ;D

EDIT: SNAKEY! You're back!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Bandage View Post
    Yech. Cori Falls-style evidence. God, she loved that scan. Yech.
    Lol, I remember it xD I also remember how old Rocketshippers thought that Musashi's earrings are Rocketshipping evidence since it's Kojiro's eye color...

But Rocketshippy or not, this picture definitely makes me feel warm inside ;D
    *lurks again*
    No, no, you stay here!

Quote Originally Posted by The 90's Kid View Post
    I had a Rocketshippy dream once, though I don't remember it that well...Musashi was pregnant and Kojiro was a bit "WTF?" and Nyasu had to give him 'the Talk'. Yeah, my dreams are friggen weird.
    Lol, so funny! XD But I hope that real Kojiro knows how babies are being made ;D
    Last edited by Jeshi; 5th May 2010 at 11:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

What, that picture is canon? How sweet! And who gives a shit about Cori Falls?
    I know how I said earlier that I don't want them to confess with words "I love you", because compared to "If there's a next world after we die, let's meet again there" would feel... you know, not special (let alone, how "I love you" sounds lame in Japanese). But on the other hand, I'm aware that many people, unless they hear "I love you" or see a kiss, won't admit shipping a canon.
    Well, how about not saying just "I love you", but mentioning love in a different way?
    "This love that I feel is more than just friendship..."
    Something like that? It would be cool if they mentioned about not being "just friends" anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Bandage
    *lurks again*
    You do that.

y team

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

What, that picture is canon? How sweet!
    Does it look crap enough for you to think it's fan-made? xD Well, that rose looks like plastic one, but that was 1997, everything in 3D looked like plastic xD;

Well, how about not saying just "I love you", but mentioning love in a different way?
    "This love that I feel is more than just friendship..."
    Something like that? It would be cool if they mentioned about not being "just friends" anymore...
    Oh, yes please. I'd love if they had "We've been friends for years but lately I realized something about you" kind of conversation.

Also, I have bad news. I had a certain thought about "Was our bond really that fragile?" line, but I realized that I didn't know what word Kojiro used for "bond" in original. So I checked it now and it was "danketsu" (団結, unity, union, combination). So, the nuance is different, because of that damned "dan" kanji - it's more of a team bond than of two friends/lovers bond (in Japanese/Japanese dictionary it says "the number of people who think alike, forming a group to achieve the same goal")... so in the end, this line isn't as shippy as it first looked...

I should have checked it earlier =.=; Somehow, it didn't came to my mind that it could have a different nuance :/ But maybe that's better, because I started to think that Kojiro might have realized that his bond with Musashi could be something more than just friendship... But he thought of more innocent "bond". He will realize, someday, it's just not the right time yet. That would feel weird if he realized it just then - we know that in early DP, their relationship wasn't even friendly enough, let alone romantic. Let's hope that someday we will really have a line that would blatantly show that they're more than just friends ;)

EDIT: It's official, Musashi is getting to the Top 4! Woot! And Tomioka is writing! ^.^
    However, I wonder if we get enough time for comfort scene, since her battle with Hikari is in second part of the episode... Maybe it will be postponed until 4th episode? The ending of the third episode can show her being depressed and Kojiro and Nyasu feeling sorry for her, whil in the 4th episode they can do something nice to make her feel better while Hikari will be fighting Nozomi... What do you think about it?
    Last edited by Jeshi; 5th May 2010 at 09:39 PM.

Blog Entries

However, I wonder if we get enough time for comfort scene, since her battle with Hikari is in second part of the episode... Maybe it will be postponed until 4th episode? The ending of the third episode can show her being depressed and Kojiro and Nyasu feeling sorry for her, whil in the 4th episode they can do something nice to make her feel better while Hikari will be fighting Nozomi... What do you think about it?
    I really like that idea, but I think the comforting will be in the third episode. I'm not worried about screentime because I think the fact that they mentioned Musashi in the summery means she'll be getting good screentime. It's hard to think of other Contest summaries that even mention her at all!

Aside from the Musashi/Hikari battle being second (should make the Rocket interaction interesting during that battle. get your hopes up too much please Musashi.) everything else is going according to what we thought. Kengo and Urara aren't in the episode, so we don't need to worry about too much split screentime. Something Jeska didn't mention here is "It looks like Musashi is going to give Hikari hard time too, sinc she's in "best shape"." so Musashi losing such a close battle will just make her hurt all the more.

I feel like such a terrible Musashi fan saying that...

Continuing with our Grand Festival theme, here's some cute Japanese fanart!

The next says "Good Luck Musashirina!" And no, that's not a typo, Kojiro wrote Musashi on his banner before crossing out the shi and writing rina instead. It's so cute how the artist picked up on that cute little quirk of Kojiro's.

Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

*sniff*

Even if there won't be ANY Rocketshipping, I'll be so proud of Musashi! TwT

I wonder if Kojiro gets worried when he finds out that Hikari is next. I mean, Musashi has just fought against her two times (if you count Togekiss), and lost after a fierce battle... I can totally see Musashi being optimistic about her last battle, and getting crushed pretty badly.

I still don't think we would get some KojiMusa time without Nyasu, though. Not that I'm complaining if we do! It just seems really unrealistic.

I love that fan art RG, hence I put it as my avatar. Hehe.

y team

The episode did not really contain anything shippy as predicted. There was one scene that Kojiro had some picture of Musashi and for some reason when she saw it, it made her sort of angry. Couldn't understand what was going on though, don't understand much of the Japanese that was being spoken.

Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

I guess she was pissed off because nobody bought her pictures. Then she signed it or something.

So, Musashi is using Masukippa next week... I'm think Kojiro might be stupid enough to care only about it when she loses. Hopefully I'm wrong.

y team

Blog Entries

I think you worry too much Meron. Like Kojiro will care about Muskippa.

Anyway, this episode had a lot more Rocket scenes than I expected. It feels like a lot of it was foreshadowing Musashi's downfall. I'm very curious what was being said. It was also painfully obvious Tomioka didn't write this episode. Hope we don't have to go through that again.

I did laugh when Kojiro said "Good luck Musashi!" due to the fanart I recently posted. And yeah, Musashi was mad no one bought her picture, as if signing it will help. Wonder if that'll come in to play at all next week.

Kojiro cheering sure was cute though.
    Last edited by Musashi; 6th May 2010 at 06:07 AM. Reason: added picture

Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Nah, I don't think GF will bring us anything shippy, tbh. I've kinda lost hope for Musashi being even as sad as in DP171 or Kojiro hugging her. Meh, hopefully Tomioka and (possibly) Iwane give us something little. Never been this pessimistic about any future episode. :/

y team

Blog Entries

I'm not sure where this pessimism is coming from, but things are looking even better for us next week based on this week. There was tons of foreshadowing to Musashi being upset next week, not to mention the preview. I don't know why we should doubt Tomioka now.

It seems Oohashi is writing the Nyasu episode. As nice as that is for me personally (hope he can finally prove to you guys he isn't anti-shippy) I gotta wonder why Junki is passed over yet again. What does Tomioka have against giving him Rocket episodes lately?
    Last edited by Musashi; 6th May 2010 at 07:17 AM. Reason: DP178 info

Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Oh God... I feel like giving up. Oohashi's writing the Nyasu ep, and Natsume (who can't draw shit) is animating Musashi's loss... Seriously, those people should be fired. I think I will give up Rocketshipping for the next few episodes. -_- Why did it have to become like this?

y team

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Oh God... I feel like giving up. Oohashi's writing the Nyasu ep, and Natsume (who can't draw shit) is animating Musashi's loss... Seriously, those people should be fired. I think I will give up Rocketshipping for the next few episodes. -_- Why did it have to become like this?
    http://www.filb.de/anime/eppics/dp/164/page/4
    Well, maybe it's not that bad, since he's good at drawing cry scenes :P If he wants he's capable of drawing really nice scenes. Besides, DP117 was one of the worst-animated episodes in DP (imo) and yet it didn't stop us from loving it :P

I don't get what you became so pessimistic for... to the extent you give up Rocketshipping, lol :P I don't mind Oohashi writing Nyasu episode (sure, I hoped for Takegami, but on the other hand I didn't believe that it would be him, since it didn't sound like his episode), I enjoyed DP164 very much and this Nyasu episode looks like it will be similar to that one - so we ca get a lot of Musashi and Kojiro interaction ;D Sure, we don't get anything too shippy, it's still a gag episode... But hey :P

I'm worried about Takegami though. Could it be that he's leaving yet this series? But he's Team Rocket episode specialist! D: And Team Rocket is to great extent responsible for the whole Pokemon's success! (that's not my words, Shudo's!) Something definitely will die inside me, if he leaves :( It would be as if I... lost a mother D: We've arleady lost a father (Shudo) without being fully aware of it and it didn't do us good. Once we lose Takegami, we will be orphans! Even if Tomioka stays, I can't see how
    he can force Rocketshipping on ther writers... And still, if let's say, new writer joins and appears to be a Rocketshipper, it won't be the same... I wrote about it earlier how unique Takegmai's episodes feel for me, not only in the matter of shipping, but also character portrayals... He really loves the Rockets D:

However, even if he leaves, I won't give up Rocketshipping. DP taught me that a little of patience pays. I put up with AG, can we get anything worse than that? After DP, I don't think so.

I haven't watched the latest episode yet, so I'll come back later to respond to everything else. But I love this Musashi's picture
    Last edited by Jeshi; 6th May 2010 at 08:39 AM.