Rocketshipping General Discussion - Page 126

Page 126 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 1968
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Rocketshipping General Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rocketshipping General Discussion

Ah, that's great! Thanks! ::screencaps:: It kinda makes me want to see people play with them more... but not so much to be annoying, you know?

I haven't seen that DP ep, so I'll have to find it and watch it. Actually, I don't remember seeing many DP episodes, save for the TR disbanding one; did I miss many cute moments? Any clips I have to seek out? You keep speaking of Musashi maturing in the later DP eps, but I didn't see them...
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Blog Entries

@fruitsmoothierevenge; You've barely seen any DP?! You need to change that ASAP. The first haf was bleh in terms of shipping, (and was downright anti-shippy at points) but the second half was amazing. I'll run down the best episodes and summarize the character growth. Back in 2010 I wrote a blog summarizing Musashi's contests in DP. I'll include parts of that, and add more Rocketshipping parts in too. I'll spoiler it for length.

You can see the full version of what I wrote here. I've wanted to write something up about DP as a whole, so I'm glad you brought this up so I could do a brief summary of it. I could go on longer and in more detail, but this is plenty long as is. XD Besides, you should watch and see this stuff for yourself! You can see there a few inconsistencies with the development of the Contests. But that's due to more who wrote them. Tomioka episodes have more consistent development, whereas the Contests written by others mostly stall in how the TRio were in AG.

I probably left a few things out just because there was so much that happened, so I'm sure Jeska will be replying soon. XD

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    @fruitsmoothierevenge; You've barely seen any DP?! You need to change that ASAP.
    This. Second half of DP was very lovable when it comes to Rocketshipping <3

I was such a fan of DP Rocketshipping, but ever since Pokemon Radio started, I no longer feel so much nostalgic about DP. I still find all these hints cute and heartwarming though <3 And of course DP117 will be always different league as my most favourite episode ever (next to the Hoso ep) <3 Gee, it made Rocketshipping as good as canon after all!

DP146: "Pokemon Contest! The Suiren Convention!!" I don't like this episode very much, but it is important in terms of Rocketshipping and Jeska will end up bringing it up anyway.
    Tsk, tsk, tsk :P

Thankfully, this is the last time we ever see Kojiro being an ass towards Musashi.
    I knew that right after I saw the episode. I'm glad that my theory about it being the last time was right.

Your summary of Musashi's character development is very nice :) I really have nothing else to add, but this little thing.

DP171: "Togekiss Dances About! The Princess' Pokemon Contest!!" - Musashi tried to earn her fifth ribbon, but ends up being defeated by a girl who was pretending to be Hikari in order to see what being in a Contest was like. Unlike other times, there's no goofy reaction by Musashi when she loses this time. She just sits with her head hung, not saying a word. Kojiro and Nyasu try to cheer her up, but it's only when the girl gives her the ribbon that she gets happy again.
    Musashi didn't want that ribbon at first, because it would be a pity ribbon and it's only thanks to Kojiro she decided to take it. Remember how she used to cheat to win the ribbons? In the end of DP she developed so much pride and sense of honesty that she didn't want to take the ribbon she didn't win even if it was given to her as something she deserved.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    @fruitsmoothierevenge; You've barely seen any DP?! You need to change that ASAP. The first haf was bleh in terms of shipping, (and was downright anti-shippy at points) but the second half was amazing. I'll run down the best episodes and summarize the character growth. Back in 2010 I wrote a blog summarizing Musashi's contests in DP. I'll include parts of that, and add more Rocketshipping parts in too. I'll spoiler it for length.

You can see the full version of what I wrote here. I've wanted to write something up about DP as a whole, so I'm glad you brought this up so I could do a brief summary of it. I could go on longer and in more detail, but this is plenty long as is. XD Besides, you should watch and see this stuff for yourself! You can see there a few inconsistencies with the development of the Contests. But that's due to more who wrote them. Tomioka episodes have more consistent development, whereas the Contests written by others mostly stall in how the TRio were in AG.

I probably left a few things out just because there was so much that happened, so I'm sure Jeska will be replying soon. XD
    Hmm. That's quite a list. I've been watching a lot of DP lately, but clearly not the right ones as I've seen only 3 of those. Thank you.
    Last edited by Dragonfyre; 10th July 2012 at 05:22 PM.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Thanks so much for the thorough DP primer! <3 Through this and a read-though of the season (admittedly on Pokemopolis, because they're hilarious), I feel like I've sort of caught up to the progression that I missed. I think that the radio show is going to give us a nice dose of 'shipping after a mostly dry spell in BW.
    @Musashi, I love your site and I'm happy to see that Rocketshipping has a place to collect its rich history. Also, the staff pages are great!

Oh, ahaha! I've found DP117 on my computer, randomly sitting in my video files! I'm watching it again immediately~! I think I'm going to have to hit up IRC channels to find the rest that I want. (I prefer the Japanese or subtitled versions; I'm still not comfortable with the "new" English voices, LOL.)

Thanks, everyone, for helping me catch up! ^_^
    Musashi likes this.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Follow NeoRocket27 on Tumblr

Hello. : )

I'm new to this forum, but I've been following it for a long time. : ) I really love it and I love that there are still so many Rocketshippers out there after all these years. I'm posting because of a few things. I'm currently writing a Rocketshipping Fanfic about Jessie and James' past together, and I wanted to get some different viewpoints on how you all view the canon for their lives before Team Rocket. I know there is some obvious contradiction in the canon with "Love and the Origin of Youth" vs the Bridge Bike Gang and Pokemon Tech episodes, so I was wondering if you guys could help me out. How do you guys see the canon in your heads? Is there more of a general acceptance of one over the other? Do you try to link them together somehow? I personally am a fan of linking the two together, but I was just curious to see the viewpoints of other fans of the ship. I apologize in advance, as I'm sure this has come up before. : )
    Rocketshipping, R*cketshipping, Queershipping, or WrongRocketshipping. I don't care as long as those two end up together.

Blog Entries

Welcome! Always nice to see a new shipper in this thread.

IMO, I think the Bike Gang and Pokemon Tech stuff have been retconned. Why you ask? Because those episode have never been referenced again, while Love and the Origin of Youth had three references to it in DP. Luckily for me, I already wrote them down. XD

Hoso References -

So yeah, it's just that simple for me. The Hoso is their official past and the rest no longer happened.
    NeoRocket27 likes this.

Blog Entries

Hi, NeoRocket! Glad to see more 'shippers! I personally use the Housou canon over the others, but I feel like they could be mixed up. I'm just not sure how yet... haha. (I've only seen the English version of the Kanto eps.)

I found myself watching The Origin of Love and Youth the other day, and I ended up writing a long piece about how the first lines of the motto fit into the scene where Kojiro shows up after he gets injured. I've put it under a cut for length, but it's pretty interesting, so I think you'll enjoy reading it. Enjoy!

Love and Origin of the Motto
    NeoRocket27 likes this.

Hello, NeoRocket27! You seem mighty familiar! ;) I have to agree with fruitsmoothierevenge to an extent...I've always wanted to merge them somehow because the bike gang bit was *SO* adorable, but I'm stumped with how. So I usually try to focus on "Love and Origin of Youth." I think I know which fic you are referencing, however, and have to say that it is coming along lovely. I would just say to keep in mind how incredibly distant they seem. To merge the story is to take on a lot, but it's not impossible.

Wow, fruitsmoothierevenge! I am always envious of those who can translate Japanese and your piece is wonderful! This seems so sweet and so fitting with Kojiro. I remember the poetry episode - Fake Okido! Pokémon Senryū Confrontation!! or Will the Real Oak Please Stand Up? I got so excited over that little tidbit. And the fact that Jessie was surprised with this (no idea if Musashi was or not) maybe can contribute to it finally being used in the motto. THIS is why I love Rocketshipping. It's a completely new way to look at something years after it aired. It definitely makes that episode just grow and grow in pure Rocket loveliness. It's this pull and tug that is so loved about the two of them...and it's opened up in a way that I never would have imagined. And the pressure it gives to that scene with him over her...BEAUTIFUL! As if Kojiro is already making his statement...now it's Musashi's turn...and look what a statement it was! Thank you so much for sharing this, fruitsmoothierevenge! You're awesome! :D
    NeoRocket27 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRocket27 View Post
    Hello. : )

I'm new to this forum, but I've been following it for a long time. : )
    Same here. LURKERS UNITE! Well, after some time, I decided I should just register...and here I am!

You seem mighty familiar, you do.

Not sure if my welcome counts for anything, because I'm new as well, but what the heck. I'm gonna say something, for all it's worth.

Welcome!
    Last edited by Dragonfyre; 8th August 2012 at 09:04 AM.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Follow NeoRocket27 on Tumblr

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes, everyone! And yes, to do write TR fanfiction, mostly on ff.net for now but I'm looking to broaden my horizons a bit. : )
    Rocketshipping, R*cketshipping, Queershipping, or WrongRocketshipping. I don't care as long as those two end up together.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

YES!!! i'm new to rocketshipping, but i have been watching the kanto and johto dvd's and there are so many hints that i didn't notice when i was younger :3 kinda sad seeing what happened to team rocket in unova.. they are not the same, but out of every ship i believe this is easily the most legit :)
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

whats a user title? Rocketshipping4eva's Avatar

Visit Rocketshipping4eva's Youtube Channel

Hi. I've followed this thread also, for quite a long time, but I hadn't a clue how to make an account.Anyways, I'm glad there are still Rocketshippers, most of my club of rocketshippers were lost in B&W... and all of these are very good points.I hope this thread won't become another lost forum.And I'm really hopin those two hook up, cause if they never do, I'm pretty sure every Rocketshipper of the world is gonna fling themselfs off the empire spate building.-rocketshipping, now, and forever.never question it!- la random thing in my mind.
    NeoRocket27 likes this.

Blog Entries

"Pokemon Radio Show!' Episode 007 Review Thread (Aug 12th, 2012) - Mamoru Miyano

This is all I need. Maybe the upcoming Rocket episodes will give us something too.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Out of curiosity, do you guys think anything significant will happen in the upcoming special?

Personally, I doubt it — I have been conditioned over the years to not get my hopes up.