Rare Pairings - Page 8

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Rare Pairings

is watching her own icon Magenta Fantasies's Avatar

Visit Magenta Fantasies's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Rare Pairings

Quote Originally Posted by Lyra Zeni View Post
    EDIT: Just remembered another one: Wally x May. After replaying Emerald, I just have to say that Wally is so freaking adorable!
    At last! I'm not alone!

Wouldn't quite call these rare, but they're relatively uncommon:

CrystalShipping (EusinexCrystal): I've actually met many people who ship it, but despite the fact there's a decent amount of fan art, there are practically no fanfics for it. Aside my own, I've encountered only two or three others-two of which included it but didn't focus on it as the primary shipping.

CheckmateShipping (Cherenxfemale BW player character): Like with CrystalShipping, there's a decent amount of fan art for it, and a decent number of people ship it but I have yet to see a CheckmateShipping fanfic, only part of one drabble.

HoennChampionShipping (Steven StonexMay): It's not rare per se, but I've only ever seen one fanfiction for it and only a little fan art.

Rare

ComfortShipping/AccidentalShipping (GoldxWhitney): Whether games or manga, I adore this pairing. Gold and Whitney look so cute together! Manga-wise their personalities are perfect for eachother and they have a really entertaining chemistry.

DiamondShipping: I see it as more of a in-the-past-ship, but nonetheless it brings up a lot of intriguing possibilities. I've always liked the idea of Ash's father being Giovanni (and I heard that way back the makers of the anime considered making that canon), and that would definitely explain why Delia is so vague about the identity of Ash's father...and I think she mentioned in one episode that Ash's father is from Viridian City. That would also make Ash the alternate-continuity half-brother of Silver (someone needs to write a fanfic about that).

NewRivalShipping (WallyxMay): Why does nobody ship this? I have never met anyone else who ships this pairing until today, yet I adore it and it seems like it should be a major pairing.

SteelShipping (AttilaxHun): To be honest, I like all the Team Rocket male/female duo shippings (also like RocketShipping and NeoRocketShipping, and manga-wise I like RocketMasakudoShipping, the rather wordy name for KeanexChermaine). Due to their erm, steely, personalities Attila and Hun would have a really intriguing relationship; I wonder if they'd be cold and harsh towards eachother all the time or if when no one else is around they act more affectionate. They also remind me a little bit of AntagonistShipping (Pokemon Adventures Sabrina and Lt. Surge), another pairing I find intriguing.
    Last edited by Magenta Fantasies; 19th February 2013 at 10:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Sylvester X Dino I named it uber extra shipping cause they are both so god damn cool looking
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar

I ship a few rare pairings. Here they are...
    Ethan x his grandmother
    Lyra x Red
    Barry x Bianca (half-rare)
    Lunick x Solana
    Misty x Max
    Crystal x Eusine (kinda rare)
    Oh, yeah...and definitely FrontierShipping, or Crystal x Emerald.
    The Ethan pairing, though...is just...weird...
    Last edited by Anikasnow6; 23rd February 2013 at 07:58 PM.
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

Team Rocket Grunt nikkissippi121's Avatar
    Follow nikkissippi121 On Twitter
    Visit nikkissippi121's Youtube Channel

Game
    ReformShipping (Red X Giovanni)
    AdvancedChampionShipping (Brendan X Steven Stone)
    FleetingShipping (Gold X Lucas)
    BlackSquaredShipping (Hilbert X Nate)
    DrySpellShipping (Norman X Maxie)
    Anime
    ElderShipping (Delia X Prof. Oak)
    OrangeShipping (Misty X Tracey)
    KrazyShipping (Pikachu X Meowth)

Follow Ask-Ethan-kun on Tumblr Visit Ask-Ethan-kun's Youtube Channel

For rare pairs?
    I tend to pick stuff like DiamondxPearl(AbsurdistShipping) / BarryxLucas(ClingyShipping) or EthanxLucas(FleetingShipping) / GoldxDiamond(ShamelessShipping).
    I also like GoldxPlatinum(DarkStoneShipping) and GiovannixGold / GiovannixEthan (MeddlingShipping). Yeah I'm weird.
    Last edited by Ask-Ethan-kun; 26th February 2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Added Shipping Names

FolkloreShipping (Morty x Lyra)
    ExpressShipping (Hilda x Ingo)
    WarmingUpShipping (Hilda x Richboy Martin, Winter Ferris Wheel buddy) *
    WhiteSquareShipping (Hilda x Rosa) *
    MoonRingShipping (Colress x Rosa)
    Hilda x Colress (I don't think this even HAS a pairing name...)

...some of these are... more "odd" than they are "rare", but eh. I like them, anyway~

*Thanks, Luna Tiger, for these shipping names!=)
    Last edited by spiderbrush; 3rd March 2013 at 12:51 AM.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by spiderbrush View Post
    Hilda x Rich Boy Martin (Winter Ferris Wheel buddy. Forgot the pairing name, though.=/)
    Hilda x Rosa (does this even have a pairing name?)
    Warmingup and Whitesquare respectively. *yiss*
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

Are there any other tattooshippers (Marshal/Shauntal) about?

I'm also rather fond of Ignitionshipping (Flint/Volkner) but that's one of the more common ships.

Blog Entries

Red face Re: Rare Pairings

Here are some of mine:

Hilbert x Bianca - It's not that rate (there's fanart for it), but it's not as popular as Hilbert x Hilda or Cheren x Bianca. Plus, I'm a supporter of FerrisWheelShipping, and I think Hilbert needs some love. Cheren could just go with an OC.
    Morty x Jasmine - They have potential to be a good couple. I'm not a fan of slash fics with Morty, and I don't think he and Whitney would make a good couple. But he and Jasmine would go well. I actually depict them as getting married!
    Aaron x Cynthia - I portray it as more of a one-sided love, with Aaron being infatuated with Cynthia - in fact, also quite reverent of her.
    Byron x Fantina - I don't know how well it would work, though.
    Lance x Karen - I think they might be a good couple. When I was younger, I also liked Lance x Lorelei.
    Archer x Ariana - Archer as a second love for Ariana (after Giovanni). A planned fanfic of mine depicts them as getting married after the events of HGSS. (The same story has Ariana and Giovanni in a non-marital relationship.)
    Chili x Roxie - Chili is hotheaded, and Roxie is outspoken. They would make a good couple IMO.
    Sidney x Glacia - The Hoenn Elites get ignored a lot.
    Burgh x Tucker - A good same-sex pairing, amirite?
    Volkner x Jasmine - One-sided, of course. (I have Volkner liking Jasmine, but Jasmine prefers Morty.)
    Falkner x Lyra - I think they would be cute together. I used to hate Falkner, but now I'm liking him more.
    Eusine x Whitney - Sure, why not? I portray Whitney as being a total bimbo, and I picture Eusine as the type of guy who pursues shallow girls (in contrast to Morty who would rather pick a girl with a brain).
    Last edited by Toutebelle; 18th April 2013 at 09:33 PM.
    Magenta Fantasies likes this.

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Morty x Jasmine - They have potential to be a good couple. I'm not a fan of slash fics with Morty, and I don't think he and Whitney would make a good couple. But he and Jasmine would go well. I actually depict them as getting married!
    Oooh, I do like this one! Especially since they both seem to be the old-fashioned sort.

Jasmine/Steven Stone and Morty/Kimono Girl are also favorites of mine.

Follow Scyther45 On Twitter Add Scyther45 on Facebook Add Scyther45 on Google+
    Add Scyther45 on Linkedin Visit Scyther45's Youtube Channel

Rare pairings?

Ash and Cynthia
    Ash and Clair
    Ash and Liza
    Ash and Maylene
    Ash and Domino
    Ash and Duplica

I'm a huge fan of Ash and Pikachu, so Ash x f. Pikachu is another, but basically any female and Ash I like. Ash and guys just isn't my cup of tea.

By the way, what do you all think about Ash and Johanna as a couple?
    What do you think of Ash and Queen Ilene as a pairing (may need a good name to boot)?
    Last edited by Scyther45; 6th April 2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: added a couple of questions I forgot to ask
    Writer of Pokemon Fan Fiction
    I fold for team 52482, do you fold?

Blog Entries

I recently thought of shipping Will and Clair. One fanfic I'm writing has Will as Sabrina's brother, so I can't ship him with her. But he and Clair are both strong trainers, so why not?

As mentioned at the top of the page, I am also a fan of Wally x May. I love to read fanfics about them (no matter how rare they are). Something just touches me about this shipping. It's so beautiful. Wally is a nice character. ^_^

Other shippings I like that I consider to be rare are:

May x Steven
    Flannery x Steven (HOT :3!!)
    Wallace x Winona
    Silver x Green
    Red x Yellow
    Misty x Brock
    Lt. Surge x Sabrina (I really don't know why this one...)
    Steven x Lucy
    Ein x Venus (Colosseum <3)

Yay! I love rare pairings.
    Magenta Fantasies likes this.
    Soul Silver team (in progress)-

Please contact me for Mario Kart Wii friend code.

"Cat. I'ma kitty cat. And I dance dance dance, and I dance dance dance."

is watching her own icon Magenta Fantasies's Avatar

Visit Magenta Fantasies's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Here are some of mine:

Hilbert x Bianca - It's not that rate (there's fanart for it), but it's not as popular as Hilbert x Hilda or Cheren x Bianca. Plus, I'm a supporter of FerrisWheelShipping, and I think Hilbert needs some love. Cheren could just go with an OC.
    Aaron x Cynthia - I portray it as more of a one-sided love, with Aaron being infatuated with Cynthia - in fact, also quite reverent of her.
    Byron x Fantina - I don't know how well it would work, though.
    Lance x Karen - I think they might be a good couple. When I was younger, I also liked Lance x Lorelei.
    Archer x Ariana - Archer as a second love for Ariana (after Giovanni). A planned fanfic of mine depicts them as getting married after the events of HGSS. (The same story has Ariana and Giovanni in a non-marital relationship.)
    Chili x Roxie - Chili is hotheaded, and Roxie is outspoken. They would make a good couple IMO.
    Sidney x Glacia - The Hoenn Elites get ignored a lot.
    Burgh x Tucker - A good same-sex pairing, amirite?
    Volkner x Jasmine - One-sided, of course. (I have Volkner liking Jasmine, but Jasmine prefers Morty.)
    Falkner x Lyra - I think they would be cute together. I used to hate Falkner, but now I'm liking him more.
    Eusine x Whitney - Sure, why not? I portray Whitney as being a total bimbo, and I picture Eusine as the type of guy who pursues shallow girls (in contrast to Morty who would rather pick a girl with a brain).
    Yay, another RebelShipper! (Hilbert and Bianca)

I came up with the name "ExuberantShipping" for Eusine and Whitney (I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of them together), but I don't know if it's been added to the Incomplete List of Shippers yet...I don't think so.

I also like the idea of Morty and Jasmine; I feel like they would get along really well for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeQueenLucy View Post
    As mentioned at the top of the page, I am also a fan of Wally x May. I love to read fanfics about them (no matter how rare they are). Something just touches me about this shipping. It's so beautiful. Wally is a nice character. ^_^

Other shippings I like that I consider to be rare are:

May x Steven
    Flannery x Steven (HOT :3!!)
    Wallace x Winona
    Silver x Green
    Red x Yellow
    Misty x Brock
    Lt. Surge x Sabrina (I really don't know why this one...)

Yay! I love rare pairings.
    Finally I found someone else who ships BOTH NewRivalShipping (Wally and May) and HoennChampionShipping (Steven and May)! I think I like NewRivalShipping just a tiiiiiiny bit better, but I love them both.

Actually I like all of those pairings, though I definitely wouldn't consider ChosenShipping (Silver and Green, assuming you were referring to female Green) and SpecialShipping (Red and Yellow) to be rare at all.
    Last edited by Magenta Fantasies; 21st April 2013 at 10:27 PM.
    DeviantART: phoenixflaym
    Fanfictions: Obsessions Crystal Clear Gold Hearted Silver Lining
    Nimbasa Sunrise

some of the really rare ones that i support are shampooshipping (n x cynthia)
    bianca (b/w 2) x steven stone
    jupiter x hibert
    tinyfishhugefishredfishbluefishshipping (magikarp x kyogre)
    :)
    "I must go. May our journeys cross again."- steven stone

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast