Rare Pairings - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Rare Pairings

Default Re: Rare Pairings

Not much of a shipper myself, but how about...
    Hilbert/Hiker Andy
    Old man(pokemon red)/Coffee(DoubleShotofEspressoShipping)
    Old man/Missingno
    Old man/ Man on roof in Cinnabar
    As you can see, I'm not taking this very seriously.

Follow Bluecat on Tumblr

Ironwillshipping aka Riley/Dawn. Not really disliked, just rare, though there's the whole age difference thing if you assume Riley to be in his mid-twenties and game!Dawn to be ten or so. I found one very well-done fanfic that addressed this in a tasteful way, but that wasn't until after I read an absolutely tasteless one (which I'm ripping apart on my Tumblr at the moment).
    色は匂へど散りぬるを
    我が世誰ぞ常ならん
    有為の奥山今日越えて
    浅き夢見じ酔ひもせず

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
    Ironwillshipping aka Riley/Dawn. Not really disliked, just rare, though there's the whole age difference thing if you assume Riley to be in his mid-twenties and game!Dawn to be ten or so. I found one very well-done fanfic that addressed this in a tasteful way, but that wasn't until after I read an absolutely tasteless one (which I'm ripping apart on my Tumblr at the moment).
    Remember that even Byron doesn't know Riley's age? Never underestimate the power of aura XDD

The ones I found were
    Marly x Gothorita

... yeah, goth girls XDD

Follow Bluecat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    Remember that even Byron doesn't know Riley's age? Never underestimate the power of aura XDD
    XD That's sooooo true. Who knew hiding your true age was one of the many uses of aura? Still, I see Riley's age as somewhere between nineteen and twenty-five (which is where fanon puts him), so if Dawn really is ten, there's a problem. If only Dawn was older... or there was another plausible female love interest for Riley, since I'm not really a yaoi fan.
    色は匂へど散りぬるを
    我が世誰ぞ常ならん
    有為の奥山今日越えて
    浅き夢見じ酔ひもせず

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

XD That's sooooo true. Who knew hiding your true age was one of the many uses of aura? Still, I see Riley's age as somewhere between nineteen and twenty-five (which is where fanon puts him), so if Dawn really is ten, there's a problem. If only Dawn was older... or there was another plausible female love interest for Riley, since I'm not really a yaoi fan.
    Cheryl and/or Marley are plausible - they seem to be quite a bit older than Dawn. Marley looks only slightly younger than Riley. Cheryl looks the same age, maybe even older. I especially like the idea of Riley with Marley - they both seem to be kind of shady.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I would say out of mine, Hilbert/Bianca is the only one with substantial fanart. Fanfics seem to be less common, though.

Morty/Jasmine seems to be extremely rare. Most people make Morty gay for either Falkner or Eusine. There's the occasional Morty/Sabrina as well. Falkner/Lyra seems to be rare too. Falkner is also usually made gay - or paired with Janine. Because of that little confrontation, I don't like Falkner being with Janine, and I kinda objected to Whitney because she's annoying and I didn't want a "pink girl/blue boy" couple (a lot of anime pair pink-haired girls with blue-haired boys). I know Silver/Lyra fans are more common.

I also support Grimsley/Caitlin, though of course that's probably the second most common Grimsley ship (the first being Grimsley/Shauntal). I see it as a "beauty and the beast" scenario - Caitlin being the "beauty" and Grimsley being the "beast" (Grimsley is handsome, but he's a Dark-type Trainer, and one that looks very obvious).

I'm beginning to support Bugsy/Whitney as a couple. Both seem kinda annoying, so it works!

I have a lot, but I'm just going to post a few.

SnowpointShipping (Zoey x Candice). I only know a few people who ship this, and when I searched on pixiv, deviantart, and google, I could only find two pictures of this pairing. For the most part, if people ship Zoey at all, they ship her with Dawn, or sometimes Kenny. I don't get why. They have an amazing backstory, raised a baby Zoey's Glameow together, and call each other cute nicknames. Plus, it seems to me that Zoey stopped flirting with Dawn after they went to Snowpoint City? Just an observation. I ship them in the anime, but in the games, I ship Candice with Maylene, which is GlistenShipping, which I'm pretty sure is kind of a rare pairing, as well.

ScientificShipping (Professor Juniper x Fennel), too. I know a few people that ship them, but not many. I mean, they're "friends from their studies", hang out with each other a lot, and fangirl together over science. Plus, in the anime, Juni keeps putting her hand on Fennel's shoulder? I know that's not really a hint, but they wanted to raise Archen together...as a family. They're just so cute together asdfghjkl; and they remind me of my OTP, AirplaneShipping, a lot

DuplicityShipping (Blue x Sabrina), from Pokemon Adventures. I don't really have that much to say about this pairing, but...their scenes in manga weren't cute, exactly, but I think they would make an interesting pairing? Especially after what happened when Sabrina got jealous...she ripped Blue's shirt off. uhm yeah good thing she was wearing something underneath

MorpheusShipping (Ash x Angie). I know that this has a few supporters, but a lot of other shippers seem to ignore it. There were a lot of hints, in my opinion, with their interactions, and they really remind me of each other. This ship seems kind of similar to LeagueShipping, too.

MiakaneShipping (Jasmine x Whitney). I don't know, they seem like a good pairing, if not somewhat interesting. Whitney seems pretty social and easy-going, and Jasmine seems really shy and introverted. They might balance each other off a bit?

contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroex View Post
    raised a baby Zoey's Glameow together
    Finally somebody besides me notices that.

Mega Torchic.
    (I couldn't think of a good username so I used my fav pokemon)

Quote Originally Posted by Combusken View Post
    raised a baby Zoey's Glameow together
    Finally somebody besides me notices that.
    Yeah xD who knows what they did when raising glameow in that shed
    Other than that, and the fact that they're childhood friends and call each other cute nicknames, I'm pretty sure Candice was the only one that Zoey thanked in her victory speech? And directly afterwards, they had a scene with Candice fangirling in the stands. The rest of the group was just sitting normally, not really cheering much. What with their backstory and Candice always cheering her on, I don't get why more people don't ship this. :/

contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote Originally Posted by mewstone View Post
    I love ontherocksshipping(cress/Hilda), mostly cuz I named it but it is the cutest thing ever, I found let's see, one person who is sorta for it. I mean I wish I could have someone too share fanfics and fanart with and discuss it. Sigh, everyone is so ferriswheelshipping,its not even funny. Also whatever Herbert/Hilda is has more fans then my little ship. I even drew fanart for it and started a group, 0 veiws and 1 other member.
    Really? I'll Join! Where is it? That is my favorite shipping ever!

Soooo here are my supported shippings:

Dualrivalshipping- I mean look at it in BW2
    Lyra/Lance(Game)-God, just look at them in HGSS
    OntherocksShipping- I support this because of Tumblr, and they look so cut together!
    Lucas/Diamond-Why are they not funding this?!?
    Leaf/Brock-REALLY? Need I say more...?
    Rosa or Nate/Hilbert or Hilda-Seriously?
    Ben/Summer-They're so cute together!
    Last edited by PkmnTrainerWhite; 20th July 2013 at 08:52 AM.

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

Other than that, and the fact that they're childhood friends and call each other cute nicknames, I'm pretty sure Candice was the only one that Zoey thanked in her victory speech? And directly afterwards, they had a scene with Candice fangirling in the stands. The rest of the group was just sitting normally, not really cheering much. What with their backstory and Candice always cheering her on, I don't get why more people don't ship this. :/
    It's completely beyond me why I don't see it mentioned/liked often despite the easy basis behind it. Even looking on the Japanese side of the anime fandom like Pixiv doesn't have much turn up.

Mega Torchic.
    (I couldn't think of a good username so I used my fav pokemon)

Follow AmberNguyen on Tumblr

Thanks for sharing them..

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Ash & Molly
    Ash & Ursula
    Ash & Shuana (Hoenn)

Lorelei x Red (not sure what the name is...)

Show me your moves ! Herbizarre's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by jjl2357 View Post
    Lorelei x Red (not sure what the name is...)
    DeathlyFreezeShipping - Red (game) & Lorelei
    FreezeShipping - Red (Special) & Lorelei

Whichever works for you :)
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast