Question about ship names

Thread: Question about ship names

Blog Entries

Default Question about ship names

If there is already a name for your ship, but it is just for the general Pokémon (eg: Raichu x Togekiss is called Exampleshipping) can you make up your own ship name for (specific Raichu) x (specific Togekiss) (eg: Example2shipping)? Or will it still be Exampleshipping?

Note: I know that Exampleshipping and Example2shipping are not the real names. They are just an example names given to example pairings.
    Trapinch is claimed || I was once IceKyurem/Rainbowkit || Avvy by King Corpse

Gaiz and galz, if you like Inazuma Eleven, I reccomend joining the Inazuma Eleven Fan forum. It's like BMGf, but instead of being for Pokémon it's for I11. Oh yeah, and it's not as big as BMGf.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Default Re: Question about ship names

It's actually the opposite. If general!Raichu x general!Togekiss is named, it covers all specific!Raichu x specific!Togekiss examples. However, if the only ships names that exist are for specific!Raichu x specific!Togekiss, then you may create a general!Raichu x general!Togekiss. That would sort of "lock" the rest for future use, as it were.

So yes, in your example, it would still be Exampleshipping.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Primavera View Post
    It's actually the opposite. If general!Raichu x general!Togekiss is named, it covers all specific!Raichu x specific!Togekiss examples. However, if the only ships names that exist are for specific!Raichu x specific!Togekiss, then you may create a general!Raichu x general!Togekiss. That would sort of "lock" the rest for future use, as it were.

So yes, in your example, it would still be Exampleshipping.
    With your example, I have another question. Say (specific Togekiss) x (specific Raichu) is called Exampleshipping. Then, someone goes and creates a ship name for general Togekiss x general Raichu (Example2shipping). Would both the Exampleshippings be allowed, or just Example2 since it's general Togekiss x general Raichu? (I don't really get what you mean by ''lock' the rest for future use', sorry.)
    Trapinch is claimed || I was once IceKyurem/Rainbowkit || Avvy by King Corpse

Gaiz and galz, if you like Inazuma Eleven, I reccomend joining the Inazuma Eleven Fan forum. It's like BMGf, but instead of being for Pokémon it's for I11. Oh yeah, and it's not as big as BMGf.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Both are used, yes. Exampleshipping remains those two only, while Example2shipping covers every other possible combination of general and ownership.

But once a general ship name (that is, a ship submitted without ownership, despite it being obvious just whose pokémon they are [LightningPearl, for example]) is in play on the list, no more specific!pokémon of those two/three/whatever number are allowed to be submitted. The general name is a blanket for everything that isn't already covered by a specific ship name.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.