Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MisterUrban View Post
    It had more time to grow and experience. I was reading tropes and they made more mention of pokeshipping having some vast history.
    Just because something is older doesn't mean its supporters are any more steadfast that those of another stance.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Just because something is older doesn't mean its supporters are any more steadfast that those of another stance.
    That's true. But I think its not just how many years it was active, but what kind of things took place. Anyway, back then almost everyone expect for pokeshipping to be the closest thing to "official" compared to other shippings (hence the name poke in its title, literally: Pokemon Relationshipping.

That's not possible for the AG and DP ones, because people know that the series changes girls, at least as of now.

No. I will never support BW girl with Ash. Also I don't support any other shippings with Ash and Misty, except for Pokeshipping. Because it would be like: I like when Ash betrays Misty with someone else and inversely. So it would not be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    A fine example of this would be the Cohors Evocata of Rome-old veterans of the Legion called back up by their old commander to fight once more. Some PokeShipper's are old fan's of the show-the Cohors Evocata of Pokemon Ships as it were.
    "A really great people, proud and high-spirited, would face all the disasters of war rather than purchase that base prosperity which is bought at the price of national honor."
    -Theodore Roosevelt

追放されたバカ

As they say, its the thing that is always farthest from reach that you want the most.

As they say, its the thing that is always farthest from reach that you want the most.
    Eh, I've always thought that if any Ash shipping is going to be vindicated, it'll be at the finale of the series. Otherwise the writer's will have to deal with angry sections of the fan-base, putting that sort of thing in at the end make's good fiscal sense-less effects on ratings etc.
    "A really great people, proud and high-spirited, would face all the disasters of war rather than purchase that base prosperity which is bought at the price of national honor."
    -Theodore Roosevelt

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine View Post
    Eh, I've always thought that if any Ash shipping is going to be vindicated, it'll be at the finale of the series. Otherwise the writer's will have to deal with angry sections of the fan-base, putting that sort of thing in at the end make's good fiscal sense-less effects on ratings etc.
    The finale of the series is when producing the anime is no longer profitable, and they will just quickly stop airing it then. Never mind "vindication".

The finale of the series is when producing the anime is no longer profitable, and they will just quickly stop airing it then. Never mind "vindication".
    Your opinion I'm afraid-and the finale of countless anime/televison series seem to contradict you. Regardless, we shall see in due time. I have confidence in the vindication of this ship-why else would I be here?
    -Theodore Roosevelt

追放されたバカ

Empty confidence is different from realistic expectation. Shipping is in the realm of fanfiction.

At most, all of Ash's friends will just wave goodbye together, as he journeys to some far away land to be a pokemon master. Because his quest "never ends".

Then why are you here if this just, in your own view, "fanfiction"?
    Last edited by Byzantine; 27th May 2010 at 07:02 PM.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

追放されたバカ

Then why are you here if this just, in your own view, "fanfction"?
    Im a fan and im interested in the fiction. Anyway, lets get back on topic.

I think Misty will give Ash another gift before he goes to the next region.

Im a fan and im interested in the fiction.
    The problem is-to us, it isn't "fanfiction" most everyone in the shipping threads-the Ash shippings and other main shippings at any rate, think their ship will happen. A shipper is defined, in my understanding, as someone who believes in a ship and thinks it will happen.

If your interested in fanfiction, I could point you to some lovely stories, but if you don't really "ship" anything-why are you in shipper's paradise? The rules themselves advise against that sort of thing.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

追放されたバカ

The problem is-to us, it isn't "fanfiction" most everyone in the shipping threads-the Ash shippings and other main shippings at any rate, think their ship will happen. A shipper is defined, in my understanding, as someone who believes in a ship and thinks it will happen.

If your interested in fanfiction, I could point you to some lovely stories, but if you don't really "ship" anything-why are you in shipper's paradise? The rules themselves advise against that sort of thing.
    What will happen? You will obtain the power to control the anime? Because that is the only way any shipping will ever exist in the anime itself.

But shipping is very real, in the realm of fan threads and groups. So let's continue the discussion.

What do you think will be Misty's next interaction with Ash? More gifts, will she ask him how Sinnoh was like?

What will happen? You will obtain the power to control the anime? Because that is the only way any shipping will ever exist in the anime itself.
    That's your choice. But a shipper is defined as the following on this forum, to my understanding and observation at least,(Urban dictonary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shipper)-not the most reliable of sources mayhap, but most of the relevent articles have one vital aspect in common, they all make a point of stating a shipper is someone who supports a ship and believes in it.

Mr. Urban, you are by your own words, not a shipper. I ask again-why are you in the shipper's paradise then? The rules themselves are, I think, pretty clear on the matter.
    Last edited by Byzantine; 27th May 2010 at 06:41 PM.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipping Forever View Post
    ^Agreed

Has to be one of Pokeship's A&M eps that will never be forgotten why cause it has the only emotional between character scenes in the hundreds of other A&M Hints/Moments :)
    *nods*
    You could see how Ash cries there when they departs,..I think that episode made him cry that way,that's so emotional..Misty really needs a comeback.!

Quote Originally Posted by MagikarpRules View Post
    OK, seems like things are back to normal. All I can say is that Ash himself gives hints (not so many, being the dense guy he is). But still thinks he hasn't had a jealousy moment towards any other than Misty (an still don't remember May or Dawn being jealous over Ash, either). But Misty may have another appearance at the end of this season as a preview for the next one. She was there waiting for him to come back from Hoenn, may do the same when Ash returns from Sinnoh.
    Yes!If MIsty waits for him in Hoenn,I mean when Ash returns from hOENN that time..I think..It's not that Impossible,so why not if she really waits for Ash's return coming home from Sinnoh!?It would be interesting if that Happens!^-^
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

#Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo