Pokeshipping General Discussion - Page 410

Page 410 of 430 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 6447
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted here.

What kind of PokéShipping hints do you like? Leave examples, if possible.

I like all hints, but some of my all time favorite ones are the cute moments, like when they're blushing about something (like Daisy thinking Ash and Misty are a couple in The Water Flowers of Cerulean City), or when they're holding hands (like in The Ghost of Maiden's Peak, or The Tower of Terror), or when they get jealous (like in The School of Hard Knocks or Misty Meets Her Match).

There's so many more hints that I could list, but I think I've rambled on enough.

Registered User Spirit of the Moon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R&T View Post
    Seriously, with these hints the Pokéshipping is most likely to happen =D
    I totally agree! It just makes me happy to look at those screenshots, and even happier to watch the episodes they appeared in. I just completely adore this pairing. Entirely.

Anyway, since no one seems to be responding to the many questions already presented, might I add another one? It was something I was wondering about for a while.

If (and hopefully when!) Ash and Misty become a couple, what problems do you see coming up in their relationship? How would they work through these problems, if any show up?

Blog Entries

Hi, sorry I've been MIA lately. I see Ash/Misty having a really-close female/male friend, and the other being kinda jealous, and they go to couple's-counseling with Brock as the therapist.
    I don't care about IVs or EVs, or natures or anything. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and I love them like that.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

My favourite hints are the hints that display that, although they always bicker and quarrel, at the end of the day, they're close friends and that's what matters. I also like the ones that portray a childish romance, such as Pokeball Peril.

If (and hopefully when!) Ash and Misty become a couple, what problems do you see coming up in their relationship? How would they work through these problems, if any show up?

Eh... I can see them falling into a quarrel over something kind of silly and trivial, and both being too stubborn to back down. However, their own stubbornness is so ridiculous, as is the argument, that they simply wind up laughing.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

R&T

Quote Originally Posted by Likeitornot. View Post

Eh... I can see them falling into a quarrel over something kind of silly and trivial, and both being too stubborn to back down. However, their own stubbornness is so ridiculous, as is the argument, that they simply wind up laughing.
    Yeah, I can see that too :D . That's exactly what I was thinking !
    In the anime, they can't admit there're wrong xD. (For instance, ep 10^^ because they are lost)....Kasumi & Satoshi have kinda the same temper ! :P

Hey guys! I had this small interview with Miya Toriaka from DeviantArt (her page- MiyaToriaka on deviantART). All of us know who she is, since she's a pretty popular PokéShipping artist on DeviantArt. Now, here are the questions I gave her, and the answers she gave me:

Questions-

Question One~ Why do you like PokéShipping? Is it because you think Ash&Misty are cute together? Or is it because of their hints?

Question Two~ What do you think are the biggest hints for PokéShipping?

Question Three~ You may have heard that the writer for Pokémon (at the time when Misty was there), Mr. Shudo, said that he didn't mean to let people think that Misty has a crush on Ash, and that he was sorry people thought she did. What do you think of that? Do you think it ruins the point of PokéShipping? Do you think that, after looking at the hints again, that they could be described as friendly?

Question Four~ How big do you think the FanBase is for PokéShipping in the U.S. and Japan?

Question Five~ Do you think that PokéShipping has a chance of actually becoming 100% canon in the future? How big of a chance?

Question Six~ Why didn't you support other 'Ships that rival PokéShipping? Is it because you didn't like them? Or is it because you don't think they have hints that show they like each other? Or maybe you DO like those 'Ships, but not as much as PokéShipping? If so, why?

Miya's answers-

1.) Because they're the cutest and most obvious pairing in the whole world. When I saw them the first time I was just sure they're made for each other and hey, every KID saw that, also in Japan. You can see this fact about all the FanArts which came out in the very first years and how old the drawers were (examples: Miyabi Akasaka and Teppo Pepper, the most popular Pokeshipping-drawers in the whole world). And they're still for this couple, also when Misty isn't there anymore. Teppo P. has a crush in CilianxAsh, too, but she's still a Pokeshipper, too. That's my evidence in my theory. Not only the anime is important for a canon pairing, but the trust of its fans.

2.) Simple: Every episode of season 1-5 and all episodes where Misty is in. Maybe it's not the Pokeshipping you guys see but for me, especially, it's the deepest friendship I've seen in my whole life. That's why I'm so sure Ash and Misty will be best friends forever and ever, doesn't matter what happens in future.

3.) You know what? Mr. Shudo was a Misty-"hater" (he never liked her) and that's why he was some kind of "angry" when he saw the people liked her that much, especially with Ash. In the first seasons they always made very official and obvious hints, an anime only does when the characters have something special to do with each other. In my eyes he was the only one in the cast of Pokémon who didn't want to see Ash and Misty together, but was the most powerful man, that's why the couple never became canon - and also because of the fact Pokémon is just an advertising-anime for the games (means, no pairings allowed, not because of that stupid saying "It's a kid's show!".) That's why I just say "dafuq" to what Mr. Shudo said about Pokeshipping or Misty, because the facts were there, truly, not because of "4Kids Pokémon-version only", no, it was also in the original show, although many people disagree with that now, because they've full respect for Mr. Shudo. But me not. I only see true facts! And the TRUE facts are, there is something very special between Ash and Misty. Maybe not that love, but a very special relationship, only these two have. Well, by all repect, Mr. Shudo, you're wrong and you knew that your whole life long. My opinion.

4.) That question I didn't understand in the forum, either, but I agree, the fanbase is bigger in USA than in Japan. Japan goes on and loves all Pokémon-characters. Some of them remember Misty, draw her sometimes, but the relationship of Ash and Misty goes down under, that's a very sad fact. In USA and Europe the pairing is still active, but only because of the loyal fans. For me the Pokeshipping in the anime died, too, but "my" Pokeshipping will never die and that's why I keep it alive and draw every new story I've in my mind. I'll draw them (for)ever, although I know "my" Ash and Misty are not those ones out of the anime. In the anime they're the "bestest of best friends" [only] - but in my mind they're this and a very happy couple, too. They're standing as a symbol for "true love" to me - and this will never change ♥

5.) The chance is 50%. Why? Because of the actual ending of Pokémon in 1998/1999. You all know the actual ending of the first Pokémon-movie and I'll keep that in my mind although it was planned many years ago. That's why I think it's 50%: We have two possibilities IF the anime will find an end anywhen. First possibility is the more realistic one: Misty will never come back, but stay as a very good friend to Ash. Ash will never be seen in any relationship, like Nintendo always said it; means, no Pokeshipping, or any other Ash-shipping. Second possibility is: The writers show a very last episode like Digimon season 2 did and show the future of the characters (based on the actual idea of Pokémon Movie 1) and which "couples", maybe. And I'm pretty sure, if such an episode would have been planned the absolute obvious canon pairings in the end would be Poke, Rocket and Contest. Only those three for sure. But as I said, I believe only in possibility one, because Nintendo said so. But we fans have our fantasy and that is what counts.

6.) Simple answer: I'm neither interested in "other" pairings, nor it is simple clear to me. I've only ONE TRUE PAIRING and that is for always and forever ASH and MISTY. All other characters and pairings don't interest me in - any - f**king - way. ♥

Now, she said she didn't want any part of her answers edited, so this is what she originally said. What do you think? Do you agree with some points? Do you disagree with some points?
    jokool, R&T, Vioxx and 1 others like this.
    PokéShipper (AshxMisty people).
    Metallica Lover.

:)

Good news everyone... Sardonicus's Avatar

Wow, that's pretty cool that you got an interview with Miya. Good to see that she seems just as passionate as ever.

Lots of fighting, bickering, quarreling, quibbling, etc. And, as Likeitornot said, probably over trivial things. I could also see both of them getting jealous over friends who just happen to be of the opposite sex.
    Here's my Fanfiction.net profile. Check it out!

Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

Registered User Spirit of the Moon's Avatar

I guess I can answer my own question now.

Well my errant thought one day was, "When they get married, who is going to cook the food?!?" I had recently recalled the one episode where Brock gets sick, and Misty tries to cook. Misty cannot cook to save her life, and I wonder how they survived before meeting up with Brock. Without Brock they probably would have died, because Ash never shows any inclination towards cooking. I see two possible solutions to these problems:
    1. Ash will grow up and learn to cook (I see this as more likely)
    2. Brock (or Cilan) will live with them forever and cook for them (this is obviously the less likely situation, but I prefer it to the boring situation of Misty learning how to cook. I see this as a part of her character, and an interesting and funny quirk of hers)
    SaftOchBulle likes this.

Ash learning how to cook? I don't see that ending well. All I see are kitchens in flames.

Aaaanyway. I believe it's time for a new topic, and I do believe I have one.

If Misty were to become some kind of celebrity, how would Ash react to hearing gossip about her on the radio (the kind of gossip involving the opposite sex)? What about the other way around?

I may or may not be writing a new fanfic where this happens (as in I am) and I may or may not base what I write after the answers I see here (as in I probably will).
    Metallicax3 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Aw,Ilove the interview on Miya. Glad to know more about her and pokeshippingXD

stopping by to post a bannerXD Been a long time posting here.. and it's quite a silent days here eh?
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

#Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

Blog Entries

jokool, Vioxx and ...... like this.

I have a new obsession...Righteous Flame!

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by firezard View Post
    I have seen that. I was in DA then I saw the new fanart of Miya's. It was great btw.

ps: Anyone got a topic?
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

#Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

Nice art! Seems like Miya's in full form.

I'll try my hand at another topic, even though my last attempt failed. :/

So I was digging through the Pokeshipping tumblr the other day and I found this magazine article about Pokeshipping. It's from a now out-of-print magazine called "Beckett Anime Collector," which I'd never heard of, so I don't know much about it, other than the vague information on the internet. It was a comprehensive anime news magazine, basically. Here's a few screens of the article in the spoiler tag:

I can't tell if it's an opinion piece or not. The evidence they cite is a bit strange. I personally wouldn't use Misty hiding from bugs behind Ash in Veridian Forest, as it's weak at best, or Misty's Song, as it's a completely dub-added thing. It makes it seem like the author doesn't really know all that much about it, so it doesn't seem like an opinion piece, but maybe they just aren't well versed (though you'd think they'd do some research). Also, I hardly know anything about the magazine. I'd be curious to know their track record when it comes to couples. The last sentence also sounds like the cryptic language that magazines use when they know something but they're not supposed to make any positive claims about it.

Thoughts?

P.S. Here's a transcription of the article if anyone can't see the images or read the text:

Metallicax3 likes this.

Blog Entries

The entire 2nd Movie.
    Bellus and ...... like this.

Blog Entries

Well hello everyone. My name is pokefannn. I'm not new, I've just been lurking on the forums and haven't posted in about a year. There hasn't been any posts since August, so I figure the forum could use a new topic:
    Suppose that the good people who produce the anime decide to make poke shipping canon. How do you think this would occur in the anime?

(Yes, this is a lousy question, but it would be nice to see some activity here sometime before Halloween)