Pokeshipping General Discussion - Page 399
Page 399 of 432 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 6469

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

  1. #5971

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Heres my thoughts on 2 points from Takeshi's blogs (Entry 2 -)
    1*
    Takeshi Shudo: ""There were people that felt that behind the words "It's just an accidence that I want to go there where Satoshi is" she hides a love interest for Satoshi, but it was just fake scene I prepared for Kasumi to make her sense of existence (in the series) stand out.
    Kasumi doesn't have anything like love interest for Satoshi. If Kasumi's feeling of love towards Satoshi would become Pokemon's subject, it would break the whole structure of Pokemon."

    Me:--This sounds crazy. Why would you make a fake scene in the first place? If its fake then it means nothing and in turn doesnt help "strengthen her sense of existence" at all anyway. Plus it still sounds like a pokeshipping moment regardless, so all it does is hurt his "pokeshipping doesnt exist" arguement.

    2*
    More from the site: He explained why the scene where Kasumi rescued Satoshi that was sinking in the sea in Pokemon 2000 was erased in the end.
    He wrote in the script that because Satoshi didn't breathe, she gave him artifical respiration, knocking his chest many times. He explained that he wanted him to live not because of the love she felt for him, but of her anger that her existence would become even weaker. He didn't want a misunderstanding abroad, so this part got deleted."

    Me: This makes both him and Misty sound legit insane. Aside from the fact that this breaks "the fourth wall", why would you write a scene where a friend is concerned/angry about their existence on a show becoming weaker while their friend is dying?
    I know I cant prove it, but i think that he just said that was the reason he would delete that scene because he knew that everyone (including other writers that supported pokeshipping) would see that scene as a pokeshipping moment and he just really didnt want that. Especially since he was contemplating taking her off the show anyway.

  2. #5972

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Gah, the guy really confuses me O.o PokéShipping WOULDN'T destroy the point of Pokémon. We only need a few scenes every once in a while, then all PokéShippers would be happy. People are NOT going to forget the point of Pokémon. Heck, it would probably strengthen the number of viewers on the show. The main point would be about Pokémon and the bond between humans and Pokémon, and on the side you could make it AshxMisty (and JessexJames :3 You have to adore them). Problem solved. Everybody happy. I honestly never watched Pokémon after Misty left, and no, NOT because I'm "one of those Misty fans", it's because Pokémon changed A LOT when Misty left. So, really, Misty was one of the reasons why a lot of people watched Pokémon. They should bring her back (and she has a 50/50 chance of coming to visit for just a few episodes) and I'll watch those episodes. and then stop. And I know I'm going pretty off topic here, but everyone said that Misty changed a lot post-Togepi. That's true, she wasn't that much of the hate-on-Ash character, but the times she came back, she did tease him, like always. So she really hasn't changed completely. Now back to the topic... yeah... POKéSHIPPING FOREVEEERRRRZZZZZ!!!! :P

  3. #5973

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    Gah, the guy really confuses me O.o PokéShipping WOULDN'T destroy the point of Pokémon. We only need a few scenes every once in a while, then all PokéShippers would be happy. People are NOT going to forget the point of Pokémon. Heck, it would probably strengthen the number of viewers on the show.
    Agree 1000%. Pokeshipping can be shown in conjunction with the main point of the show. Hell, Misty's goal was to be the greatest Water Pokemon trainer. She can do that while in a relationship with Ash. In fact, he could help her to achieve it by training with her.

  4. #5974

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    EXACTLY! They could have worked it out. It's really not THAT hard. They would have probably earned more viewers in this modern day since a lot of kids today think Pokémon is stupid. If they had something to interest people, that isn't Pokémon, they probably would have more viewers. I wonder if this will actually happen. I'm a very impatient person, and honestly think Pokémon should end while it's legacy stands, since it has gotten a bit out of hand (too serious for kids to enjoy, honestly) so maybe one more generation, and end it with a fan-pleaser. Or a smarter thing would be to bring the original trio back for the final generation. Yes, I know, it was said that Misty won't be back as a main character, but I think it's a smart idea to bring original back, for old viewers to be like: "OHMYGOD! THE TRIO! I MISSED YOU GUYS!!!!". Very big fan-pleaser. So, Pokémon creators, if you did that, you may actually be loved of your T.V. Anime again. Just sayin'....

  5. #5975

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    They would have probably earned more viewers in this modern day since a lot of kids today think Pokémon is stupid. If they had something to interest people, that isn't Pokémon, they probably would have more viewers.
    Again, I agree. PokéShipping would entail more people watching. PokéShippers would watch because our couple would finally be canon, a lot of older fans would watch because one of the original trio was back and rival shippers would watch to see how the writers handle Ash and Misty in a romantic relationship. It's a win-win situation for the creators.

  6. #5976
    SEX SEX SEX Jeshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kojiro's pants
    Posts
    1,778
    Blog Entries
    6
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi777 View Post
    Wow...i think Takeshi Shudo just had issues...*rolls eyes*
    Cuz he's the reason misty left anyway. he said he had to choose between keeping team rocket or misty (though i dont see wut was wrong with keeping both). He was an AVID rocketshipper (like borderline obsessive and possessive) so obviously he chose to keep them.
    I don't know where you got this from. He didn't keep them because he was an avid Rocketshipper with some borderline issues (what), but because their sense of existence was much stronger than Kasumi's.

    But i think that since he didnt get to do wut he wanted with the rockets, he figured he would also invalidate Ash and Mistys love while he was at it out of bitterness. Thats just the thought that comes to mind after reading about him and his blogs. Cuz there would b no other reason for him to act like that and say that pokeshipping doesnt exist.
    Interprete it the way you want, but for me, the writer's intention can't be wrong. If he wrote "Pokeshipping" (which could be also read as friendship) with no intention of them being in love, then it should be taken as a canon truth. The rest of it is just a fandom's imagination (I'm not saying that it's a wrong thing, that's the main fun about shipping - but being mad and bashing the person you owe so much for just because he didn't have intention to make Pokeshipping canon in the first place is wrong). He didn't do it, because he was bitter or anything. He was even sorry about it, for making WESTERN fans think like that.

    Yes, Western. Japanese fans didn't have a problem with his entries, because they ship for fun and the many of them just simply don't care if their ship is going to be canon or not. Hence why there's so much support for crack shippings/shippings without any hints at all in the Japanese fandom. They think it's cute, hot or something? They ship it. They don't treat shipping as srs business like we do.

  7. #5977

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Lol jessierocketka you have a point. Though I wish it was canon. I don't know why we treat it as serious business. Maybe because a lot of us like things to be proven instead of just using imagination (I never really liked having fan-fiction of them together when they are not. I like having them to REALLY be together) but at least we have one shipping that is VERY likely to happen, and is said to happen in the future (in Bulbapedia) is RocketShipping :3 But hey, who knows, PokéShipping and a few other shipping may become canon.

  8. #5978

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    EXACTLY! They could have worked it out. It's really not THAT hard. They would have probably earned more viewers in this modern day since a lot of kids today think Pokémon is stupid. If they had something to interest people, that isn't Pokémon, they probably would have more viewers. I wonder if this will actually happen. I'm a very impatient person, and honestly think Pokémon should end while it's legacy stands, since it has gotten a bit out of hand (too serious for kids to enjoy, honestly) so maybe one more generation, and end it with a fan-pleaser. Or a smarter thing would be to bring the original trio back for the final generation. Yes, I know, it was said that Misty won't be back as a main character, but I think it's a smart idea to bring original back, for old viewers to be like: "OHMYGOD! THE TRIO! I MISSED YOU GUYS!!!!". Very big fan-pleaser. So, Pokémon creators, if you did that, you may actually be loved of your T.V. Anime again. Just sayin'....
    Most people don't watch Pokemon for shipping. A pairing from 10 years ago is not going to affect viewership in the slightest. Shipping is a very minor part of the franchise.

  9. #5979

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    But the original trio is probably the most loved trio in Pokémon. If they had that for a generation, a lot of the old viewers may come back and watch, just for the sake of the good days.

  10. #5980

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    But the original trio is probably the most loved trio in Pokémon. If they had that for a generation, a lot of the old viewers may come back and watch, just for the sake of the good days.
    Why do you think that? The original trio was abandoned after Johto and now Brock is gone too. Misty and Brock's popularity is the same as all the characters who came in after them.

    Pokeshipping might be addressed sometime in the future but it's definitely something low on the writers list of priorities.

  11. #5981

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Since Brock was there for Hoenn and DiamndPearl, a lot of the modern viewers would obviously miss him. But there are still a few original viewers, and I'm not sure of Japan, but I know that the western side love Misty. Most miss her. Some hate her, I know, but you can't please everybody. You can please most though, and like I said before, many miss Misty, and a lot of modern viewers (and original) would miss Brock. So if they had the original trio come back for a generation, that would get many viewers to watch, and actually might start up more talk about the Pokémon anime.

  12. #5982

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Not really. Most modern viewers are indifferent to Brock's departure and Misty remained gone in the first place for the same reason. The original trio is not why people watch Pokemon. If that were the case the show could have never gone on for 10 years without it.

  13. #5983

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by jessierocketka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi777 View Post
    Wow...i think Takeshi Shudo just had issues...*rolls eyes*
    Cuz he's the reason misty left anyway. he said he had to choose between keeping team rocket or misty (though i dont see wut was wrong with keeping both). He was an AVID rocketshipper (like borderline obsessive and possessive) so obviously he chose to keep them.
    I don't know where you got this from. He didn't keep them because he was an avid Rocketshipper with some borderline issues (what), but because their sense of existence was much stronger than Kasumi's.

    But i think that since he didnt get to do wut he wanted with the rockets, he figured he would also invalidate Ash and Mistys love while he was at it out of bitterness. Thats just the thought that comes to mind after reading about him and his blogs. Cuz there would b no other reason for him to act like that and say that pokeshipping doesnt exist.
    Interprete it the way you want, but for me, the writer's intention can't be wrong. If he wrote "Pokeshipping" (which could be also read as friendship) with no intention of them being in love, then it should be taken as a canon truth. The rest of it is just a fandom's imagination (I'm not saying that it's a wrong thing, that's the main fun about shipping - but being mad and bashing the person you owe so much for just because he didn't have intention to make Pokeshipping canon in the first place is wrong). He didn't do it, because he was bitter or anything. He was even sorry about it, for making WESTERN fans think like that.

    Yes, Western. Japanese fans didn't have a problem with his entries, because they ship for fun and the many of them just simply don't care if their ship is going to be canon or not. Hence why there's so much support for crack shippings/shippings without any hints at all in the Japanese fandom. They think it's cute, hot or something? They ship it. They don't treat shipping as srs business like we do.
    Well first i'd like to say that this was me stating the conclusions i drew from reading over his blogs. Sure rockets' existence may have been stronger (and thats fine and maybe true--wutever) but the point i was trying to make there was since he loved the rockets so much and intended for rocketshipping to happen, then of course that would obviously help influence his decision between "them or misty".
    And yes i see your point about bashing. And even though thats how i perceived him even after reading how he thought and even how he handled situations with Omae-sama, it is wrong for me to do that. I'm mature enough to admit that and apologize for that.
    But either way the initial point still stands. His opinions about pokeshipping just dont seem right/dont fit because for one, he wasnt the only writer. So the other writers' intentions in regards to pokeshipping would hafta be weighed in. And two, like everyone else has said, there were so many pokeshipping scenes. And if you wanna say shipping in general could also just mean friendship fine. Yes there are other ships out there just because they're fun to do and could be subject to opinion but some of those types of ships dont have evidence and are just being done for fun like you said. But wut im saying in regards to pokeshipping is this: there is more than enough evidence to say pokeshipping could indeed be love and deserves to be canon. And it just doesnt make sense for someone (especially someone who worked on the show) to say contrary especially when scenes of the very show theyre working on say otherwise.

  14. #5984

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Not really. Most modern viewers are indifferent to Brock's departure and Misty remained gone in the first place for the same reason. The original trio is not why people watch Pokemon. If that were the case the show could have never gone on for 10 years without it.

    Actually, I've seen a lot of people saying that they continued to watch Pokémon because Brock was there. And I messed up with the modern viewers thing. Most ORIGINAL viewers miss Brock. That dropped the scales for views. But what people loved about the trio is really how that trio was the original (obviously) and also Team Rocket were not so serious in the beginning. A lot of people miss how when the original trio was there, it was more adventure and random things in the way and then they save the day and Team Rocket blasts off (again). It never really gets old. Now they are all bad-ass (but not in a good way) and stole Pikachu. And it worked (but Ash obviously went and got it back). So I guess people really miss the immaturity and how fun (and it actually used to be a bit funny) and care-free it was. It's all business now.

  15. #5985

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Not really. Most modern viewers are indifferent to Brock's departure and Misty remained gone in the first place for the same reason. The original trio is not why people watch Pokemon. If that were the case the show could have never gone on for 10 years without it.

    Actually, I've seen a lot of people saying that they continued to watch Pokémon because Brock was there. And I messed up with the modern viewers thing. Most ORIGINAL viewers miss Brock. That dropped the scales for views. But what people loved about the trio is really how that trio was the original (obviously) and also Team Rocket were not so serious in the beginning. A lot of people miss how when the original trio was there, it was more adventure and random things in the way and then they save the day and Team Rocket blasts off (again). It never really gets old. Now they are all bad-ass (but not in a good way) and stole Pikachu. And it worked (but Ash obviously went and got it back). So I guess people really miss the immaturity and how fun (and it actually used to be a bit funny) and care-free it was. It's all business now.
    Are you joking? People didn't continue watching because Brock was still there, they watched because they enjoy the show. Misty and Brock aren't any more popular than May, Dawn, Iris or Cilan. Most people aren't obsessed with the original trio.

    That's why Pokeshipping was largely left on the sidelines, the writers saw no reason to focus on it much anymore.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •