Pokeshipping General Discussion - Page 398

Page 398 of 431 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 6451
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

  1. #5956
    Registered User Metallicax3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Hey guys, I have a quick question: How is "The Stun Spore Detour" a hint for PokéShipping? I never really noticed anything shippy in it. Somebody help? :3 Thanks!

  2. #5957
    Pokéshipper 4 life! AvidPSFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a quick question: How is "The Stun Spore Detour" a hint for PokéShipping? I never really noticed anything shippy in it. Somebody help? :3 Thanks!
    The Stun Spore Detour is only a PokéShipping episode if you take the fact that Misty seems to pay more attention to (and therefore is more worried about) Ash as a hint. I personally don't because it's not really unique. Every main girl has done the same thing at one point.

  3. #5958
    Registered User Metallicax3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Oh, okay, thanks. And yeah, that doesn't really seem much like a hint. But Misty has cared more over Ash in so many other cases, so that episode is really proof of a hint, you know what I mean? (I'm not sure if I'm making sense, so tell me if you don't get it :P)

  4. #5959
    Pokéshipper 4 life! AvidPSFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    Oh, okay, thanks. And yeah, that doesn't really seem much like a hint. But Misty has cared more over Ash in so many other cases, so that episode is really proof of a hint, you know what I mean? (I'm not sure if I'm making sense, so tell me if you don't get it :P)
    When you take every instance of Misty worrying more over Ash than others, yes, it does seem to suggest that she cares about him more, but again, May, Dawn and even Iris have shown instances where they've worried about Ash more than others in the group have, so I still don't see it as unique.

  5. #5960
    Registered User Metallicax3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Hmm.. good point. But we still have enough hints between those two xD By the way, I wanted to ask you, why do you think PokéShipping will happen, even when Takeshi Shudo (ex- scriptwriter for Pokémon) said that there was nothing going on between the two?

  6. #5961
    Pokéshipper 4 life! AvidPSFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    Hmm.. good point. But we still have enough hints between those two xD By the way, I wanted to ask you, why do you think PokéShipping will happen, even when Takeshi Shudo (ex- scriptwriter for Pokémon) said that there was nothing going on between the two?
    Well, first of all, I don't say that PS will happen, I just think it's most likely to happen. Second, I don't take what Takeshi Shudo said as having any value with regard to Pokeshipping since he wrote a lot of the episodes that have the most obvious Pokeshipping hints. I think PS has a good chance of happening because of the amount of evidence, Ash and Misty's history together and their chemistry.

  7. #5962
    Registered User Metallicax3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    But that's the thing, he wrote a lot of the episodes with PokéShipping hints and he still said that there was nothing going on between the two.

  8. #5963
    ⊱✿Chemically Stressed Vioxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pearl of the Orient Seas
    Posts
    1,644
    Blog Entries
    22
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    I remember watching the OI and the Johto episodes. I think the stun spore detour shows Misty concerns to her friends specially with Ash.

    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

    #Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

  9. #5964
    Registered User Metallicax3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    "...however, the writers in Japan have stated there is a mild crush going on but they are too young to realize their feelings." (Source: Shipping:PokéShipping - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia [you'll find it under Anime Evidence]) Wait, this doesn't make sense. The writer said that there was nothing going on between the two. How could this be true? Anybody have a clue?

  10. #5965
    Registered User Usagi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Wow...i think Takeshi Shudo just had issues...*rolls eyes*
    Cuz he's the reason misty left anyway. he said he had to choose between keeping team rocket or misty (though i dont see wut was wrong with keeping both). He was an AVID rocketshipper (like borderline obsessive and possessive) so obviously he chose to keep them. And he started not liking the direction team rocket was going in once they got to the hoenn series (cuz i think thats when he started writing a little less). But i think that since he didnt get to do wut he wanted with the rockets, he figured he would also invalidate Ash and Mistys love while he was at it out of bitterness. Thats just the thought that comes to mind after reading about him and his blogs. Cuz there would b no other reason for him to act like that and say that pokeshipping doesnt exist.

  11. #5966
    "Ichika no Ecchi" Itssupereffective ff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    You know what's funny? Sometimes, other shippers say something like this (I'm not saying ALL of them do, just some): AdvanceSHIPPING 4EVERZZ!! POKESHIPPING IS DEAD!!!!!!!! And I'm like: "If PokéShipping is dead, so is AdvanceShipping..." I mean, Misty was the most commonly mentioned PokéGirl (between May, Dawn, and Iris) so you can't really say PokéShipping is dead.. there are still a LOT of followers (and the hints! Cannot deny the hints!!!). And whenever I ask them: "How is PokéShipping dead?" and they respond: "Misty was there, then she left! She's not coming back!" And I say: "Well, neither is May.." *Sighs* Anyway, if there are any other Shippers that don't like PokéShipping and are reading this (and I bet very few) PokéShipping is NOT dead! This thread is proof of that!


    I really needed to talk about the case of "PokéShipping is dead" and decided to talk about it on the thread. Do any of you agree? (I bet most).
    Haha yeah I'm an advanceshipper but I feel that as long as there's a fanbase for the group then it'll never be dead. The only who are saying that pokeshipping's dead are dumb ones that want their perfered shipping to become canon.

  12. #5967
    Registered User Metallicax3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Thank you, I see that you are one of the smart shippers. I like smart shippers. They know how to use logic :3

  13. #5968
    Good news everyone... Sardonicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Even after all this time, I'm still not sure what to make of Shudo and his blog. It seems to me that there are a few possibilities as to what it means. He was the writer that presided over some of the most blatantly obvious Pokeshipping hints, so I'm not sure if he meant his words to discount the idea of Pokeshipping altogether. I think he may have been speaking to the degree of their feelings. I believe what he said was basically to the effect that they don't love each other. This is actually perfectly reasonable, because they're ten. Of course they're not really in love. It's puppy love, a crush, and I think that Shudo was talking about shippers throwing the word "love" around like it hardly means anything.

    Then again, he could very well have been saying that Ash and Misty felt nothing beyond friendship whatsoever and that Pokeshipping hints were never intended. In that case, I would call Shudo either a hypocrite or a bad scriptwriter. Some of the hints that were written into the show under his watch, both in the script and the animation were utterly blatant. I find it really hard to believe that he would be able to see these hints in post-production and still be able to say that there's nothing suggesting Pokeshipping in there. This would either make him bad at writing, deluded, or a hypocrite. As someone who's trained to look at evidence in an objective and systematic manner, I simply don't believe that there was no intent for Pokeshipping whatsoever. His statements are in direct conflict with all prior evidence (which I do believe to be strong), and I'm more inclined to take the evidence from the show, which was the consensus between all of the staff, over the word of a single writer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    "...however, the writers in Japan have stated there is a mild crush going on but they are too young to realize their feelings." (Source: Shipping:PokéShipping - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia [you'll find it under Anime Evidence]) Wait, this doesn't make sense. The writer said that there was nothing going on between the two. How could this be true? Anybody have a clue?
    This I'm also not sure about. I've never seen anything to this effect, but it's been on the Bulbapedia page for at least a year or two. You'd think someone would delete it if it had never occurred. It might have been some lesser writer talking to some random website. If it had been anything by someone major, you'd think we would have heard about it by now.

    EDIT: It appears someone has deleted it between the time it was posted by Metallicax3 and my post. My point still stands though; it was there at least a year ago.
    Last edited by Sardonicus; 27th May 2012 at 09:54 PM.
    Here's my Fanfiction.net profile. Check it out!


    Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

  14. #5969
    Registered User Metallicax3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sardonicus View Post
    Even after all this time, I'm still not sure what to make of Shudo and his blog. It seems to me that there are a few possibilities as to what it means. He was the writer that presided over some of the most blatantly obvious Pokeshipping hints, so I'm not sure if he meant his words to discount the idea of Pokeshipping altogether. I think he may have been speaking to the degree of their feelings. I believe what he said was basically to the effect that they don't love each other. This is actually perfectly reasonable, because they're ten. Of course they're not really in love. It's puppy love, a crush, and I think that Shudo was talking about shippers throwing the word "love" around like it hardly means anything.

    Then again, he could very well have been saying that Ash and Misty felt nothing beyond friendship whatsoever and that Pokeshipping hints were never intended. In that case, I would call Shudo either a hypocrite or a bad scriptwriter. Some of the hints that were written into the show under his watch, both in the script and the animation were utterly blatant. I find it really hard to believe that he would be able to see these hints in post-production and still be able to say that there's nothing suggesting Pokeshipping in there. This would either make him bad at writing, deluded, or a hypocrite. As someone who's trained to look at evidence in an objective and systematic manner, I simply don't believe that there was no intent for Pokeshipping whatsoever. His statements are in direct conflict with all prior evidence (which I do believe to be strong), and I'm more inclined to take the evidence from the show, which was the consensus between all of the staff, over the word of a single writer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    "...however, the writers in Japan have stated there is a mild crush going on but they are too young to realize their feelings." (Source: Shipping:PokéShipping - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia [you'll find it under Anime Evidence]) Wait, this doesn't make sense. The writer said that there was nothing going on between the two. How could this be true? Anybody have a clue?
    This I'm also not sure about. I've never seen anything to this effect, but it's been on the Bulbapedia page for at least a year or two. You'd think someone would delete it if it had never occurred. It might have been some lesser writer talking to some random website. If it had been anything by someone major, you'd think we would have heard about it by now.

    EDIT: It appears someone has deleted it between the time it was posted by Metallicax3 and my post. My point still stands though; it was there at least a year ago.


    You do have a point about the Shudo blog. Maybe the other writers didn't agree with him, maybe they DID think of PokéShipping happening. Guess we won't know till it happens (if it happens). And on the EDIT, I noticed that it was gone too. Dang it, I really hoped there was some proof for that :P Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see xD

  15. #5970
    Registered User Metallicax3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    "In a reverse fashion, many of the quotes in support of PokéShipping in the Japanese version were changed completely when translated into the English dub to come across more like friendship." Okay, now this is ALSO confusing. They are saying that the Japanese showed quotes that supported PokéShipping, but was changed in the English dub? I thought it was the other way around (meaning that I thought that 4Kids supported PokéShipping and added a FEW [we don't even count them] hints). So, again, anyone know how this is true?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •