Pokeshipping General Discussion - Page 397

Page 397 of 430 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 6447
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

  1. #5941
    Registered User Metallicax3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    You know what's funny? Sometimes, other shippers say something like this (I'm not saying ALL of them do, just some): AdvanceSHIPPING 4EVERZZ!! POKESHIPPING IS DEAD!!!!!!!! And I'm like: "If PokéShipping is dead, so is AdvanceShipping..." I mean, Misty was the most commonly mentioned PokéGirl (between May, Dawn, and Iris) so you can't really say PokéShipping is dead.. there are still a LOT of followers (and the hints! Cannot deny the hints!!!). And whenever I ask them: "How is PokéShipping dead?" and they respond: "Misty was there, then she left! She's not coming back!" And I say: "Well, neither is May.." *Sighs* Anyway, if there are any other Shippers that don't like PokéShipping and are reading this (and I bet very few) PokéShipping is NOT dead! This thread is proof of that!


    I really needed to talk about the case of "PokéShipping is dead" and decided to talk about it on the thread. Do any of you agree? (I bet most).

  2. #5942
    Pokéshipper 4 life! AvidPSFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    You know what's funny? Sometimes, other shippers say something like this (I'm not saying ALL of them do, just some): AdvanceSHIPPING 4EVERZZ!! POKESHIPPING IS DEAD!!!!!!!! And I'm like: "If PokéShipping is dead, so is AdvanceShipping..." I mean, Misty was the most commonly mentioned PokéGirl (between May, Dawn, and Iris) so you can't really say PokéShipping is dead.. there are still a LOT of followers (and the hints! Cannot deny the hints!!!). And whenever I ask them: "How is PokéShipping dead?" and they respond: "Misty was there, then she left! She's not coming back!" And I say: "Well, neither is May.." *Sighs* Anyway, if there are any other Shippers that don't like PokéShipping and are reading this (and I bet very few) PokéShipping is NOT dead! This thread is proof of that!


    I really needed to talk about the case of "PokéShipping is dead" and decided to talk about it on the thread. Do any of you agree? (I bet most).
    I agree with you 100%. I've argued with Advanceshippers who say that Pokeshipping is dead and I made the same points. It's still one of the most popular ships in all of Pokemon, Pokeshipping hints have happened well after Misty left the cast, proving that she doesn't need to be there for hints to happen and Pokeshipping still has the strongest hints of all Ash shippings. Pokeshipping is very much alive. Now personally, I think Advanceshipping is dead and Pearlshipping was never alive to begin with as far as I'm concerned.

  3. #5943
    Registered User Metallicax3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by AvidPSFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    You know what's funny? Sometimes, other shippers say something like this (I'm not saying ALL of them do, just some): AdvanceSHIPPING 4EVERZZ!! POKESHIPPING IS DEAD!!!!!!!! And I'm like: "If PokéShipping is dead, so is AdvanceShipping..." I mean, Misty was the most commonly mentioned PokéGirl (between May, Dawn, and Iris) so you can't really say PokéShipping is dead.. there are still a LOT of followers (and the hints! Cannot deny the hints!!!). And whenever I ask them: "How is PokéShipping dead?" and they respond: "Misty was there, then she left! She's not coming back!" And I say: "Well, neither is May.." *Sighs* Anyway, if there are any other Shippers that don't like PokéShipping and are reading this (and I bet very few) PokéShipping is NOT dead! This thread is proof of that!


    I really needed to talk about the case of "PokéShipping is dead" and decided to talk about it on the thread. Do any of you agree? (I bet most).
    I agree with you 100%. I've argued with Advanceshippers who say that Pokeshipping is dead and I used the same arguments. It's still one of the most popular ships in all of Pokemon, Pokeshipping hints have happened well after Misty left the cast, proving that she doesn't need to be there for hints to happen and Pokeshipping still has the strongest hints of all Ash shippings. Pokeshipping is very much alive. Now personally, I think Advanceshipping is dead and Pearlshipping was never alive to begin with as far as I'm concerned.
    Exactly! The fact that there are still hints prove that the writers are thinking of doing something with her. And I agree with the AdvanceShipping being dead and PearlShipping never even happening. AdvanceShipping was crushed big time by ContestShipping, since the creators were OBVIOUSLY trying to make a JerkBoyxNiceGirl sort of pairing. PearlShipping.. I have no idea how people even SEE hints in that. I've looked at the PearlShipping hints page on Bulbapedia, and I was like: "Whaaaa..? How is this a hint?" for every hint. I always thought of PearlShipping as another AshxMainGirl shipping, the same with AdvanceShipping. But some people just like the shippings because they are their 2 favorite characters, which I can respect. But when your talking hints.. PokéShipping wins by far.

    ^This is an IMO, and I know I may be being a bit rough, but like I said, this is an IMO.

  4. #5944
    Pokéshipper 4 life! AvidPSFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    AdvanceShipping was crushed big time by ContestShipping, since the creators were OBVIOUSLY trying to make a JerkBoyxNiceGirl sort of pairing. PearlShipping.. I have no idea how people even SEE hints in that. I've looked at the PearlShipping hints page on Bulbapedia, and I was like: "Whaaaa..? How is this a hint?" for every hint.
    Yes! Contestshipping kills Advanceshipping. In fact, I made a video talking about the strongest Contestshipping hints. And Pearlshipping, you are right on! I looked at the Bulbapedia page for Pearlshipping too and I had the same reaction that you did. None of those so called "hints" point to feelings of romantic love. It's all friendship! Pearlshipping has no legs to stand on. Pokeshipping, Contestshipping and to a lesser extent Rocketshipping are the three strongest ships in Pokemon, IMO.

  5. #5945
    ⊱✿Chemically Stressed Vioxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pearl of the Orient Seas
    Posts
    1,643
    Blog Entries
    22
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    ahem..What I can only say is that.. Pokeshipping is still alive at some points. I believe any shipping would remain strong and alive as long as its shippers were there to support its shipping. Pokeshipping, like some shippings, is not dead..

    hmm..Another topic question perhaps..Do you think May, Dawn and Iris would like the fact Ash and Misty are a couple?
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

    #Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

  6. #5946
    Pokéshipper 4 life! AvidPSFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash♥●•٠· View Post

    hmm..Another topic question perhaps..Do you think May, Dawn and Iris would like the fact Ash and Misty are a couple?
    May would be very happy for them. Dawn would finally get why Ash wouldn't let her use Misty's lure (and I think she would then like the idea of the two together) and Iris would be happy, but not really care all that much (considering she doesn't know Misty).

  7. #5947
    ⊱✿Chemically Stressed Vioxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pearl of the Orient Seas
    Posts
    1,643
    Blog Entries
    22
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Thank you for answering the question. I do imagine them teasing both Ash and Misty or asking if they are a couple or somethingXD
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

    #Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

  8. #5948
    Registered User Usagi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by AvidPSFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash♥●•٠· View Post

    hmm..Another topic question perhaps..Do you think May, Dawn and Iris would like the fact Ash and Misty are a couple?
    May would be very happy for them. Dawn would finally get why Ash wouldn't let her use Misty's lure (and I think she would then like the idea of the two together) and Iris would be happy, but not really care all that much (considering she doesn't know Misty).
    Yeah youre right! May would be happy for them plus i think May probably already figured it out by now. Not only would Hikari finally understand the lure thing but would also probably be honored to finally meet the girl who claims Ash's heart :)
    I think Iris would interesting. Because I think Ash would still be a little dense after he and Misty got together so Iris would tease him and say "kodomo ne" like she always does when he would say something stupid or would miss it when Misty would say something romantic. But she of course would still be happy for them :)

  9. #5949
    Professional Lurker Sato-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Goldenrod City
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Some shippers (ohgod thanks, not all of them) think that quantity = evidence their pairing must be the best. I don't really understand that lol, for me more fans means "yay, more people to talk about stuff I like" instead of "yay, my shipping is better than yours"... So if you think Pokeshipping is alive and people tell you OMGITSNOT, let the haters be happy in their own world haha - up to these days with so many anti-shippers around there's no need to lose your time arguing with them xD (IMO this is relevant to all shipping fandom. Not all fans are nice but that doesn't mean you need to lower your level if people are stupid with something you like...)

    I don't think poke, advance, pearl neither contestshipping are dead - it's kinda funny to think that Bulbagarden/Serebii are the exclusive way to measure how much [yadayada]shipping fandom is alive or not lol. For example, HoennChampionShipping (May x Steven) still extremely popular in fanartist circles - have you guys ever seem it being discussed for pages and pages in any popular pokemon forum? /vp/'s shipping threads barely like/mention the most popular pairings cited here in this forum... Contestshipping is my pokemon OTP and I can't complain about the CS fandom activity (it's high and fun :3 ) - yet guess what, we have just 24 pages of discussion here in Bulbagarden lol (including people coming to the thread to say "why bother, [lalala]shipping has more hints than CS", how lovely xD).

    Tl;dr: not dead until no one talks about it anymore. Yeah, pokeshipping = not dead for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash♥●•٠· View Post
    Do you think May, Dawn and Iris would like the fact Ash and Misty are a couple?
    For some reason I think Dawn would be the one to explode in cuteness the most from the mentioned trio (can't you clearly imagine her going "OMG I SHIP IT!"? xD)... I can see Iris teasing Ash a lot and May doing a "teheee" face to the new couple. I hardly think they would oppose to see Ash and Misty together, they are their friends after all. I mean, Dawn/Misty/Iris haven't seen each other yet but I think they would get along pretty well... ;)


    BTW, here's a few cute recent fanart of zombie Pokeshipping (if it's dead and moving, must be a zombie then :P)
    Rainbow After the Rain by ~hannahgrace0802


    Piece of chatlog art by (former Luca Kurosaki)


    かわいいひと (lit. "cute person) by 天野悠摩

  10. #5950
    ⊱✿Chemically Stressed Vioxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pearl of the Orient Seas
    Posts
    1,643
    Blog Entries
    22
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sato-chan View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash♥●•٠· View Post
    Do you think May, Dawn and Iris would like the fact Ash and Misty are a couple?
    For some reason I think Dawn would be the one to explode in cuteness the most from the mentioned trio (can't you clearly imagine her going "OMG I SHIP IT!"? xD)... I can see Iris teasing Ash a lot and May doing a "teheee" face to the new couple. I hardly think they would oppose to see Ash and Misty together, they are their friends after all. I mean, Dawn/Misty/Iris haven't seen each other yet but I think they would get along pretty well... ;)


    BTW, here's a few cute recent fanart of zombie Pokeshipping (if it's dead and moving, must be a zombie then :P)
    Rainbow After the Rain by ~hannahgrace0802


    Piece of chatlog art by (former Luca Kurosaki)


    かわいいひと (lit. "cute person) by 天野悠摩
    Aw, the fanarts are so adorable!I love the second most!
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

    #Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

  11. #5951
    Registered User Metallicax3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion


  12. #5952
    Registered User Chloboshoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    121
    Follow Chloboshoka On Twitter
    Follow Chloboshoka on Tumblr Visit Chloboshoka's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Pokeshipping is very much still alive as far as I'm concerned. Although I believe the shipping wars have gone down since then. For many of the fans it was the first pokemon ship they ever had. No one can forget their first ship. I love the fan arts, so gorgeous.




  13. #5953
    ⊱✿Chemically Stressed Vioxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pearl of the Orient Seas
    Posts
    1,643
    Blog Entries
    22
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicax3 View Post
    Cute fanarts! Those were so adorable! It's nice to see the lure back in the show, even if it means that it's not Misty's cameo,..like what happened in DP, but I knew it would be far to happened. The teppo art is good too, it's nice to see it's colored.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

    #Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

  14. #5954
    Registered User Metallicax3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Wait, do you mean that the lure has been put back in the show, or do you mean "it WOULD be nice to see the lure back in the show"?

  15. #5955
    ⊱✿Chemically Stressed Vioxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pearl of the Orient Seas
    Posts
    1,643
    Blog Entries
    22
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Maybe I've misinterpret it..XD I meant that, it would be nice to see the lure again, or at least we saw the Misty lure with Ash in Unova..Although, there haven't any sign of the lure yet..
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

    #Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •