Page 370 of 430 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 6450
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GiantZek View Post
    I come in with a new topic! Excuse me if this was discussed already, but What would you do and how would you react if Misty were to return during a part of Best Wishes and there was a MAJOR PokeShipping hint during a time at Best Wishes?
    A mob of delighted Pokeshippers, old and new, shall dash merrily to this thread to celebrate.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Likeitornot. View Post
    A mob of delighted Pokeshippers, old and new, shall dash merrily to this thread to celebrate.
    Yeah, if it happened you'd probably see me posting regularly in here for, like, a whole week or something.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

@Archaic I didn't know you were going to post here. Yay.

But, anyways, replying to my own topic, there would be more PokeShippers!
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantZek View Post
    @Archaic I didn't know you were going to post here. Yay.
    I founded the "Official PokéShippers" back in early 2000. I've got to post here at least once a year I figure. ;)

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    I founded the "Official PokéShippers" back in early 2000. I've got to post here at least once a year I figure. ;)
    Have you been bitten by the shipping bug recently, Archaic? :p

I figure you've been out of the scene for a while. Any thoughts on Misty's total absence in the DP series? Its hard to believe she never did appear in the anime again since way back in 2005 when Ash came home from the Hoenn league before Battle Frontier started, which is now 6 years ago.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I figure you've been out of the scene for a while. Any thoughts on Misty's total absence in the DP series? Its hard to believe she never did appear in the anime again since way back in 2005 when Ash came home from the Hoenn league before Battle Frontier started, which is now 6 years ago.
    And that has nothing to do with Pokeshipping at all, so thank you kindly for not trying to actually start this here.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Pokéshipper RadioactivCharmander's Avatar

Nice to see you posting here again, Archaic. It's good to see the thread's recently had a bout of old pokeshippers returning to post here.

What would you do and how would you react if Misty were to return during a part of Best Wishes and there was a MAJOR PokeShipping hint during a time at Best Wishes?

Obviously, I'd be ecstatic. Say it was a hint on a par with Pokemon 2000 or Gotta Catch ya Later, you wouldn't find me away from this thread for the next couple of months.
    "I don't believe it was just a coincidence that I met you out of all people."
    Ash to Misty - Gotta Catch Ya Later

Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tardor View Post
    And that has nothing to do with Pokeshipping at all, so thank you kindly for not trying to actually start this here.
    I think it's a fair enough question, I'll answer it.

I'm disappointed, to be honest. It's unusual for them to not bring back old characters for a bit of a showing at least once every generation. Doubly so since they had the release of HGSS, which would have been a perfect excuse to have them show up. For that matter, it didn't make much sense that they didn't visit during the time when they were going around the Kanto Battle Frontier, only having her gift to him to encourage him to beat the final Frontier Brain. I don't believe they're excluding her from the series intentionally. I'm inclined to think more that they haven't found a way they could properly incorporate her in a cameo episode. There's no point using characters like her in throwaway episodes, they'd want to go for something a little more meaningful and special.

Blog Entries

I'm disappointed, to be honest. It's unusual for them to not bring back old characters for a bit of a showing at least once every generation. Doubly so since they had the release of HGSS, which would have been a perfect excuse to have them show up. For that matter, it didn't make much sense that they didn't visit during the time when they were going around the Kanto Battle Frontier, only having her gift to him to encourage him to beat the final Frontier Brain. I don't believe they're excluding her from the series intentionally. I'm inclined to think more that they haven't found a way they could properly incorporate her in a cameo episode. There's no point using characters like her in throwaway episodes, they'd want to go for something a little more meaningful and special.
    Well, actually, maybe the reason why Misty is not appearing is because they have not found a good voice actress for her character, since the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon voices sucked. And I mean a good English actress, not the Japanese actress (unless her voice actress is dead), if they were to do this, then unless they rehire the 4Kids actress for Misty somehow (unless she's dead, and I mean her voice actress), then they have to find a good VA for Misty.

Oh, and hopefully about 1/4 of the Pokemon Fanbase would be like "Misty? WHAT?! WHY NOT MAY OR DAWN?!", because I don't want everyone wanting her back. Well, you should know what I mean.

I getting off-topic, am I? Yep. Though, if Misty comes back or another PokeShipping hint as big as Pokemon 2000 and GCYL, then more PokeShippers would join

EDIT: Or, just maybe that Japan doesn't care about nostalgia.
    Last edited by Please Understand; 16th December 2011 at 06:49 PM.

Blog Entries

I think matters relating to the English VA's are entirely irrelevant to the storylines that the Japanese write into the anime.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do you think it has to do with the fact that Misty hasn't been part of the anime in nearly a decade? Misty originally left the anime way back in 2002, its now almost 2012. The fact that nearly 10 entire years have passed since she was a major part of the show is probably why her appearances decreased.

We were actually seeing her quite commonly in the early AG days due to the specials and her cameos, but her appearances dwindled when we got to 2005 and then stopped entirely. I think it probably has to do with the fact that back then there were also far fewer main characters in the anime.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

I /really/ don't want to do this, but, no (please, don't do this here). This is not the anime section and none of this pertains to this thread. And I would really appreciate any further responses be redirected elsewhere (make a blog, do it VMs, but please not here).
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

@Archaic Well, it's pleasant to see you post here; I was re-reading the older posts, and I did see you had posted once in a while. I do hope you enjoy your brief annual stay here.
    It always gives me a little hope when an old veteran Pokeshipper arrives back; that they haven't really given up on Pokeshipping after all these years.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see your post, Luna. So I just removed the ending piece. ^^"
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Blog Entries

I have a new obsession...Righteous Flame!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by firezard View Post
    Sweet.... (O_O)

Ok, that looks........okay? I dunno.
    Last edited by Please Understand; 17th December 2011 at 12:16 AM.