Pokeshipping General Discussion - Page 366

Page 366 of 430 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 6450
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

All the possibilities. TanktheAvengineer's Avatar

Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

On the entire topic of main characters getting confirmed in any ship, it will likely never happen, since they want to avoid pissing off the fanbase, so making any character, especially a major character at any point in the series, part of any canon ship is going to make them lose a lot of viewers.

Also, in terms of Ash being paired with people, I typically go with girls who look rather nice, call me a perv if you so wish, but that's kind of how I ship. Nearly all ideas I get for fanfics with ships in them involve highly inaproppriate things :P

I believe the term for me is 'wrongshipper' or something like that?
    Last edited by TanktheAvengineer; 28th November 2011 at 06:27 PM.
    The person formerly known as 'TanktheAggron'

In terms of Pokemon Shipping:
    Advanceshipper here!

I've never been one for more romantic stuff. I'm more of the 'perverted guy' type of shipper. 8]
    Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

My Fanfiction - All stories about to get nuked. God I was an awful writer.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Then again, Brock and Dawn was confirmed to appear during Best Wishes. I'd just be happy if Misty appeared again during Best Wishes.
    Yeah, We all hope for Misty's return in Best Wishes. At least, we saw a picture of Ash's former travelling companions in a special episode with Brock, of course that includes Misty. I guess Tracey is really lucky character to be mention XD
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

#Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ash♥●•٠· View Post
    I guess Tracey is really lucky character to be mention XD
    Yep, he is. But this is the japanese BW047, so it may get removed from the dub. Which makes me sad. But, weirdly, Tracey is one of the more unimportant characters, because he was a main character in one season, The Orange Islands. AKA, the season where Pokeshipping prevails.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Yep, he is. But this is the japanese BW047, so it may get removed from the dub. Which makes me sad. But, weirdly, Tracey is one of the more unimportant characters, because he was a main character in one season, The Orange Islands. AKA, the season where Pokeshipping prevails.
    It maybe Possible. Tracey did become a part of the trio when Brock left Ash and Misty for awhile. His connection with Prof. Oak gives him the chance of that little mentioning thing.
    Now I started to think, Will the writers give Misty a chance to have another mentioning moment in BW? -sighs-
    Oh yeah Orange Islands really do have the most must watch episodes part with cute scenes and hints. One of the best season ever!:)

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantZek View Post
    Yep, he is. But this is the japanese BW047, so it may get removed from the dub. Which makes me sad.
    I'm sure the dubbers won't, as Professor Oak turns to him, and beckons him. If it's not Tracey, who will Oak call for? Ash's mom is perfectly able to call him herself, Brock lives in Pewter City and Misty in Celadon. In order to cut out that scene, would possibly be a messy and obvious job, as previous Dub Edits have shown. So, they may leave it...

But, weirdly, Tracey is one of the more unimportant characters, because he was a main character in one season, The Orange Islands. AKA, the season where Pokeshipping prevails.
    That's what makes him such an important figure in Pokeshipping. Tracey was a much more of a Notable Pokeshipper than Brock, as he was rather obversant and caught on to the relationship a lot quicker. Not saying that Brock was totally oblivious (Throughout the series, I've noticed that Brock gives out the most effective love-advice to people, and he notices couples rather well, but it never seems to work for him), just that Tracey was more active in telling it, by a sly statement. So, he helped Pokeshipping prevail in the Orange series.
    In reverse, you can say he went against it, spending more time with Misty than Ash, planning to spend private time with Misty during one of Ash's battles...
    Yes, I'm an Orangeshipper, weh weh weh.

I
    Now I started to think, Will the writers give Misty a chance to have another mentioning moment in BW? -sighs-
    Oh yeah Orange Islands really do have the most must watch episodes part with cute scenes and hints. One of the best season ever!:)
    They might, not sure when it would be right. Perhaps when Cilan took out his special lure, Ash should of taken out Misty's?
    He's not going to casually mention his friends, as we've seen that he easily forgets them ("You're the best Pokemon cook ever, Cilan!" What is that I hear, Brock's sobs?).
    So, it has to be an object or another character that will bring up the subject of Misty.

Quote Originally Posted by TanktheAggron View Post
    I believe the term for me is 'wrongshipper' or something like that?
    Google is telling me that it's when someone ships two people that shouldn't be shipped together, or if people ship outside of their OTPs/Canon ships. It seems like a more biased form of crackshipping, as it's more a personal opinion that these two characters shouldn't be together...
    However, I think it's also yes, a perverted sort of shipping.
    Last edited by Likeitornot.; 29th November 2011 at 05:49 PM.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Happy 4th of July :3 PokemonLotty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantZek View Post
    Best Wishes should be a long series. And because of that, Misty has a small chance to appear. Heck, in BW047, Tracey even was mentioned! He has not been mentioned or seen since Following a Maiden's Voyage! Misty was last mentioned in Buizel Your Way Out of This! So 4/5 years ago was the last time Misty was mentioned! We still have hope during Best Wishes for older characters to appear. Then again, Brock and Dawn was confirmed to appear during Best Wishes. I'd just be happy if Misty appeared again during Best Wishes. They shouldn't lose hope. Unless Negaishipping was confirmed, or some other ship other than Pokeshipping, then I would not lose hope. And yeah about the shipping other ships and lurking.

EDIT: And, understandably, Thanksgiving weekend. Another reason why the thread is somewhat inactive.
    When was it confirmed that Brock and Dawn were going to appear in Best Wishes? I always assumed that their specials were their cameos?
    Please read and review my fanfic, The Very Best Like No One Ever Was:
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/my-first-fanfiction-pokemon-ashs-father-97505/

Here's my fanfiction profile:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2575363/pokemonfangirl4

Patientlly awaiting the airing of TR vs. TP special...

For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

All the possibilities. TanktheAvengineer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Likeitornot. View Post
    Google is telling me that it's when someone ships two people that shouldn't be shipped together, or if people ship outside of their OTPs/Canon ships. It seems like a more biased form of crackshipping, as it's more a personal opinion that these two characters shouldn't be together...
    However, I think it's also yes, a perverted sort of shipping.
    I was more going by the meaning of 'shipper who has a terrible terrible mind and loves seeing their ship characters literally joined at the hip' if you know what I mean.
    I'm not a big fan of crack ships, to be honest, but I see where you could get confused :P
    The person formerly known as 'TanktheAggron'

In terms of Pokemon Shipping:
    Advanceshipper here!

I've never been one for more romantic stuff. I'm more of the 'perverted guy' type of shipper. 8]
    Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

My Fanfiction - All stories about to get nuked. God I was an awful writer.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TanktheAggron View Post
    I was more going by the meaning of 'shipper who has a terrible terrible mind and loves seeing their ship characters literally joined at the hip' if you know what I mean.
    Honestly, that's just being a "harmless pervert"; nothing special about it. Calling that "wrongshipping", however, is liable for misinterpretation (as already demonstrated), so just call it what it is. It's not like there aren't any of those types on the board; we do in fact have plenty (secret, not so secret, eluded to), so you're not that different from a lot of people around here.

Moving on.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

They might, not sure when it would be right. Perhaps when Cilan took out his special lure, Ash should of taken out Misty's?
    He's not going to casually mention his friends, as we've seen that he easily forgets them ("You're the best Pokemon cook ever, Cilan!" What is that I hear, Brock's sobs?).
    So, it has to be an object or another character that will bring up the subject of Misty.
    That's one thing. The lure would be perfect for another mentioning moment again, if only it had seen on Ash side/with him along the way. The fishing episode would be the best timing for Ash to show the mini-misty lure but then again there wasn't even a sign of it. I can say that the lure is connection to put Misty up to a topic.

Pokéshipper RadioactivCharmander's Avatar

But I agree, Pokeshipping, to me, is a traditional childlike best friend ship, and 72% of people end up marrying their childhood best friends. Now, I don't know what those stats are now, but that's what they were like about a year ago...
    I never thought about it that way; that makes me want to support pokeshipping a lot more!

Yeah, We all hope for Misty's return in Best Wishes. At least, we saw a picture of Ash's former travelling companions in a special episode with Brock, of course that includes Misty. I guess Tracey is really lucky character to be mention XD
    Yeah the mention of Tracey was a rather random thing for them to throw in, but to be honest we can't really expect too much in terms of appearances or mentions of Misty. We were really lucky to even get that scene with the photos, considering it's been nearly 10 years since she's been in the anime as a main travelling companion.

Brock lives in Pewter City and Misty in Celadon.
    Misty lives in Cerulean city, just to clear that up...

That's one thing. The lure would be perfect for another mentioning moment again, if only it had seen on Ash side/with him along the way. The fishing episode would be the best timing for Ash to show the mini-misty lure but then again there wasn't even a sign of it. I can say that the lure is connection to put Misty up to a topic.
    Yeah I think we discussed this a while back when the fishing episode hadn't been aired. That would've been a perfect opportunity, and maybe the writers noticed this, but because Misty was mentioned in the fishing episode in DP, they might not have wanted to include the lure again in BW.
    "I don't believe it was just a coincidence that I met you out of all people."
    Ash to Misty - Gotta Catch Ya Later

Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RadioactivCharmander View Post
    Misty lives in Cerulean city, just to clear that up...
    Ack! I always mix the two up. But, yes, Cerulean, isn't exactly in the Pallet Town range.

Yeah I think we discussed this a while back when the fishing episode hadn't been aired. That would've been a perfect opportunity, and maybe the writers noticed this, but because Misty was mentioned in the fishing episode in DP, they might not have wanted to include the lure again in BW.
    I was thinking that myself. Also, it was early enough (BW032) in the series; they need to show the characters first at the time, so it was a bit confusing to show off older ones so quickly, I presume.
    dropping slow."

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

You've got a point. Maybe that's one thing that the writers would think about lure, so there's definitely a reason for that. And yes, indeed lucky to have shown a picture with Misty [and the others] in a special episode. Despite of the years without Misty, we still got a chance to see her even in a little time.:)

ps: Guys,Any ideas of a pokeshipping christmas fanart?XD

Blog Entries

ps: Guys,Any ideas of a pokeshipping christmas fanart?XD
    Eh, Ash and Misty racing down a slope on Ash's Glalie and one of Misty's... ambigous Pokemon?
    dropping slow."

Happy 4th of July :3 PokemonLotty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wonder if since Tracey got a mention, Misty has a chance of making one in the future of BW. I wouldn't hold my breath, but, hey I think the probability has upped its chances since pre-Tracey reference.
    Please read and review my fanfic, The Very Best Like No One Ever Was:
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=97505

Here's my fanfiction profile:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2575363/pokemonfangirl4

Patientlly awaiting the airing of TR vs. TP special...

For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Blog Entries

PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ash and Misty by ~BlackStar0725 on deviantART

I have a new obsession...Righteous Flame!