Pokeshipping General Discussion - Page 364
Page 364 of 432 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 6471

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

My first post on the Pokeshipping thread. My favorite kind of shipping is Pokeshipping.

Anyways, I guess Ash would call Misty and tell her that he has something to show her at Unova. So, she goes to Castelia. After that, there will be a episode montage with Ash and the gang preparing the bay. Cilan paid for it. Misty gets surprised and thanks Ash. They later confess their feelings.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by GiantZek View Post
    My first post on the Pokeshipping thread. My favorite kind of shipping is Pokeshipping.

Anyways, I guess Ash would call Misty and tell her that he has something to show her at Unova. So, she goes to Castelia. After that, there will be a episode montage with Ash and the gang preparing the bay. Cilan paid for it. Misty gets surprised and thanks Ash. They later confess their feelings.
    Welcome GiantZek! A confession eh? I like that! In that way, Misty will be shocked on what will Ash would say. But it will far to happened in the series.XD

Eh, two questions: is Ash at Pallet Town or Unova for this particular topic? If it's Pallet Town, are we suggesting that he came home in time to plan and prepare something for Misty?
    I prefer Ash in Pallet Town, so that distance between him and Misty wouldn't be that far, still Either of the two would do. .I haven't think of a good topic yet.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

#Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash♥●•٠· View Post
    Welcome GiantZek! A confession eh? I like that! In that way, Misty will be shocked on what will Ash would say. But it will far to happened in the series.XD
    Thanks for appreciating it! Oh, and I have one quick question that sounds noobish, but can you make topics of your own?

EDIT: Oh, and I hope nothing happens to me for this, but:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nepse on the Pokecommunity Forums.
    In my opinion, every true pokémon-fan misses Misty. I mean, since she left... The show has just simply gone downhill.
    Quote: Originally posted by weedle_mchairybug on the Pokecommunity Forums.
    I agree. The fact that the anime ratings didn't even improve after Johto (it actually ranked less from what I researched) in AG, and heck, even DP seemed to indicate that removing Misty ultimately turned out to be a big mistake. This is also further supported by the fact that Misty's reappearances in the anime actually resulted in a spike of ratings. If we don't bring Misty back soon, if we don't end up doing something to boost the ratings of the anime, the writers may inevitably do something stupid/desperate to get their ratings up like showing sex or something leud like that. Thats what the creators of West Wing did in the final season where they depicted Donna Moss and Josh sleeping together twice, or heck, what Acclaim did with the BMX series as a publicity stunt in the moral/financial/societal disaster known as BMX XXX, or what Tim Kring did with the final series of Heroes by, among other things, changing Claire Bennet's sexual orientation inexpliciably for absolutely no reason at all (not to mention they never even hinted at it once), having Hiro even meddle with time when he should have learned from the past two times he did so that he shouldn't, as well as making Noah Bennet a guy who considered cheating on his wife during Sylar's inevitable attack on Claire despite the fact that it was made very clear that one of the few redeemable aspects to HRG's character IS his extreme loyalty to his family. Do you guys honestly want that? I don't know about you, but I sure don't.

Sorry weedle_mchairybug. Anyways, what do you think of this?
    Last edited by John Understands; 22nd November 2011 at 01:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Thanks for appreciating it! Oh, and I have one quick question that sounds noobish, but can you make topics of your own?
    Actually, The above topic is one of my made-up topic, I just thought of it.. and I'm thinking for another is it's that appropriateXD. Oh yeah, any topics are allowedXD

It is kinda sad to see Misty out of the show. I just watched DP, the second to the last episode of it in CN and I saw azuril, which reminds me of Misty I wonder if Ash remembers that. Sorry for the off topic. It still depends on the writers on how they'll make an episode, with or without Misty, maybe in the future we'll get to know if ever she'll return or not. Hoping..
    Last edited by Vioxx; 23rd November 2011 at 05:21 AM.

All the possibilities. TanktheAvengineer's Avatar

I know that to voice this side of my opinion in this thread is probably not approved of, but I wouldn't go so far to say that the lack of Misty makes the show overall worse - I thoroughly enjoyed AG, although the fact that two of the main ships I am on are voiced in AG is kind of something to remember (Advanced and Poke, that is, other shippings that I'm starting to like that are in AG, like Admirationshipping, are not included in this assessment).

I wouldn't go so far to say that characters would have sex to increase the ratings, that's kind of... well... counter-productive to Pokemon being a kids-show, you know. Although, being raised on the show, I won't deny that Johto was a lot more 'bleh' compared to Kanto, you have to realize the major shift from 'ending at Movie 1' to 'ending when the universe explodes'. Originally, despite not being my OTP, I will agree that Misty was originally designated to be Ash's romantic interest. But with the addition of a lot more stuff, they decided that kids really don't care about that stuff. Eventually, they added a different female character (who I would, despite liking her character and all, say was a bid to get more teens to watch the show, after all, to a 13 year old, she's quite... nice looking). Ta-Da, they now have essentially shipper-triangles, which on our part as shippers, at least, draws us more into the show, and as a result, likely to lead others into the vast cluster of crackpot theories, strange motives, and overall intriguing discussion that is better known to us as 'Shipping'.

If you disagree or think that what I said was silly and nonsensical, I'd love to hear why you think that, or what your opinion on the matter is.

/longfreakinpostend
    The person formerly known as 'TanktheAggron'

In terms of Pokemon Shipping:
    Advanceshipper here!

I've never been one for more romantic stuff. I'm more of the 'perverted guy' type of shipper. 8]
    Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

My Fanfiction - All stories about to get nuked. God I was an awful writer.

Yeah, feel free to post a topic whenever you want! (It helps keep the thread going too)
    Oh and welcome by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by TanktheAggron View Post
    I wouldn't go so far to say that characters would have sex to increase the ratings, that's kind of... well... counter-productive to Pokemon being a kids-show, you know. Although, being raised on the show, I won't deny that Johto was a lot more 'bleh' compared to Kanto, you have to realize the major shift from 'ending at Movie 1' to 'ending when the universe explodes'. Originally, despite not being my OTP, I will agree that Misty was originally designated to be Ash's romantic interest. But with the addition of a lot more stuff, they decided that kids really don't care about that stuff. Eventually, they added a different female character (who I would, despite liking her character and all, say was a bid to get more teens to watch the show, after all, to a 13 year old, she's quite... nice looking). Ta-Da, they now have essentially shipper-triangles, which on our part as shippers, at least, draws us more into the show, and as a result, likely to lead others into the vast cluster of crackpot theories, strange motives, and overall intriguing discussion that is better known to us as 'Shipping'.

If you disagree or think that what I said was silly and nonsensical, I'd love to hear why you think that, or what your opinion on the matter is.
    I couldn't agree more. I can't see them resorting to sex to pull the ratings up no matter how desperate they are (especially since they're still trying to convince us that the characters are all 10). In all honesty, I think that the lack of Misty in the show gives older fans the fuel to say that the new anime's gone to Hell - it's understandable that they'd become attached to Misty's character. On the other hand, most Pokeshippers seem to actually become Pokeshippers based on their memory of watching the original series when they were younger, and if Misty had been in the anime the whole time, people would eventually have got bored of her and abandoned Pokeshipping.
    To be honest, I think they'll keep with this whole "new region, new girl" attitude for the rest of the anime, but the odd appearance from Misty would at least show that Ash's oldest friends haven't forgotten him.
    "I don't believe it was just a coincidence that I met you out of all people."
    Ash to Misty - Gotta Catch Ya Later

Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RadioactivCharmander View Post

I couldn't agree more. I can't see them resorting to sex to pull the ratings up no matter how desperate they are (especially since they're still trying to convince us that the characters are all 10). In all honesty, I think that the lack of Misty in the show gives older fans the fuel to say that the new anime's gone to Hell - it's understandable that they'd become attached to Misty's character. On the other hand, most Pokeshippers seem to actually become Pokeshippers based on their memory of watching the original series when they were younger, and if Misty had been in the anime the whole time, people would eventually have got bored of her and abandoned Pokeshipping.
    Depends how you look at it though.If Misty stayed this would on positive side allow to explore character more,develop its story instead of leaving it unfinished,provide more pokeshipping hints assuming writers would still be interested in throwing them in etc.Judging by late Johto(like Macy) and arguably "A Date with Delcatty" it seems they opted to keep it alive.

Many long time characters manage to stay popular and liked by fans,so it depends how would writers handle character in order for fans to keep their interest for it.

Though agreed,it seems how many pokeshippers are supporting AshxMisty pairing from what they recall basing it on memories of which they are found of.
    Many also believe how "Gotta Catch Ya Later"was one of best moments for pokeshippers being emotional and very touching.

To be honest, I think they'll keep with this whole "new region, new girl" attitude for the rest of the anime, but the odd appearance from Misty would at least show that Ash's oldest friends haven't forgotten him.
    This has been pokemon formula for last 10 years and as much people may get sick of constantly seeing characters getting replaced i have to agree with you here,with this more than likely not changing any time soon.

Although if Misty by some miracle returned as main(for at least a season)i would welcome it being interesting to have her in anime again.She has great personality,unique goals and untapped potential and reusing some of previous characters and rekindling relationship between Ash and older friends would allow for twist in dynamic bringing dash of fresh air.

Wishful thinking,that is.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

EDIT: Oh, and I hope nothing happens to me for this, but:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nepse on the Pokecommunity Forums.
    In my opinion, every true pokémon-fan misses Misty. I mean, since she left... The show has just simply gone downhill.
    Quote: Originally posted by weedle_mchairybug on the Pokecommunity Forums.
    I agree. The fact that the anime ratings didn't even improve after Johto (it actually ranked less from what I researched) in AG, and heck, even DP seemed to indicate that removing Misty ultimately turned out to be a big mistake. This is also further supported by the fact that Misty's reappearances in the anime actually resulted in a spike of ratings. If we don't bring Misty back soon, if we don't end up doing something to boost the ratings of the anime, the writers may inevitably do something stupid/desperate to get their ratings up like showing sex or something leud like that. Thats what the creators of West Wing did in the final season where they depicted Donna Moss and Josh sleeping together twice, or heck, what Acclaim did with the BMX series as a publicity stunt in the moral/financial/societal disaster known as BMX XXX, or what Tim Kring did with the final series of Heroes by, among other things, changing Claire Bennet's sexual orientation inexpliciably for absolutely no reason at all (not to mention they never even hinted at it once), having Hiro even meddle with time when he should have learned from the past two times he did so that he shouldn't, as well as making Noah Bennet a guy who considered cheating on his wife during Sylar's inevitable attack on Claire despite the fact that it was made very clear that one of the few redeemable aspects to HRG's character IS his extreme loyalty to his family. Do you guys honestly want that? I don't know about you, but I sure don't.
    Sorry weedle_mchairybug. Anyways, what do you think of this?
    I think these bank of quotes portrays a really negative stereotypical image of Pokeshippers, as whiny people who complain about the series going to cinders without Misty, and constnatly harping on in an annoying nostalagic way about Pikeshipping, and "Bring Misty back!".
    Sex will not ever happen. In fact, in comparsion, OS had more sexual vibes than the latter series. (Really, it was more Kanto, than the Orange Islands and Johto).
    I mean, the original theme song in Japanese, "Under that girl's skirt (Eek!)", James' tactic in Beauty and The Beach!, Tomo talking about breasts in the Japanese version of The Kangaskhan Kid, etc. Naturally, all of these were removed by 4Kids in the dub.
    This wasn't influenced by Misty, I know, but I'm saying that the series is less sexual than it was, and really even then, it wasn't that sexual at all. And, as Tank mentioned, it's a Kids show, it's aimed at Kids. Sex would not increase the ratings.
    Also, DP was quite good, some boring fillers, but great Arcs, and a diversity in Characters and their interactions with one another, same with AG and BW. (Okay, BW's first Arc wasn't great, but it had potential).
    Also, I'm a Pokeshipper, however my current OTP lies in the current series.
    Some people also may be Pokeshippers, but not want Misty back. It may seem strange, but some people probably desire his character to develop while he's away, so when he sees her again, he's matured and he knows how he feels about her. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder". True, temporarily leave, but still. It's an absence, to say the least.
    "Every true Pokemon-fan misses Misty"? There's a lot of people who dislike Misty, that doesn't mean they aren't huge hardcore fans of Pokemon. Some Pokemon-fans don't watch the anime either, I wouldn't call them non-Pokemon fans.

Eventually, they added a different female character (who I would, despite liking her character and all, say was a bid to get more teens to watch the show, after all, to a 13 year old, she's quite... nice looking).
    13? May's ten...
    Does not look it, though.
    Last edited by Likeitornot.; 23rd November 2011 at 03:56 PM.
    "Calculated tactics, mental strength, accurate judgement, and being blessed with gorgeous looks! The person who has all of these is...!"

All the possibilities. TanktheAvengineer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Likeitornot. View Post
    13? May's ten...
    Does not look it, though.
    I said to a 13 year old, not as a 13 year old.
    I was referring to horny 13 year old boys (which I will humbly admit I once was).
    And yes, when I found out she was ten (didn't pay attention during the intro to it) I shat a brick.

Anyways, back to the major topic that was brought up.
    I, for one, think that characters should never 'overstay their welcome' so to speak. Ash and Brock were pretty much the mainstays (goddamn you B/W for removing Brock), and the token girls were swapping around every series, to advertise their respective games (which arguably could bring some luck should there ever be remakes of the remakes, inb4 yo dawg). Said girls were given more than sufficient character development, and were all interesting in their own ways, but, much like cheese, when kept long enough, is great, but when kept too long, start to become a little stale and not very appetizing (both meanings that normal minded and dirty minded people get are valid, in this case). Even further, when a character leaves, they typically end up having a metric crapton of hints with Ash the episode they leave (see 'Gotta Catch You Later', and 'Home is Where the Start is'). And as a very commonly said thing over in the Advanceshipping thread, that I'm sure applies very well here too, is that lengths of time without somebody nearby gives said person time to truly think over the scale of their relationship, whether it be merely friendship or something more. Also, the longer somebody is gone, the nicer it is to have them back, eh?

(Also, in case you think that the amount of innuendo I sometimes decide to insert is disturbing, I'm what one calls a 'wrongshipper' in other words, I like to believe that the people I ship are quite literally 'joined at the hip', if you know what I mean)
    The person formerly known as 'TanktheAggron'

In terms of Pokemon Shipping:
    Advanceshipper here!

I've never been one for more romantic stuff. I'm more of the 'perverted guy' type of shipper. 8]
    Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

My Fanfiction - All stories about to get nuked. God I was an awful writer.

Blog Entries

hmm thats a lot of reading that I don't feel like doing! I'll just say welcome new people!

Escondidas by ~AngelLarc on deviantART

I have a new obsession...Righteous Flame!

Welcome! I'm most impressed with your avatar.

As for me personally, Pokeshipping is the only shipping I've ever or will care about.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by firezard View Post
    hmm thats a lot of reading that I don't feel like doing! I'll just say welcome new people!

Cute. I love the Autumn kind of thing as the background. Oh I almost forgot to ask, Does Miya had a new fanart?

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by firezard View Post

I saw that picture a few days ago. Their outfits are very fitting and cute. Always pleasant to see seasonal Pokeshipping fanart!

I said to a 13 year old, not as a 13 year old.
    Oh, I didn't realise, my condolenses.
    "Calculated tactics, mental strength, accurate judgement, and being blessed with gorgeous looks! The person who has all of these is...!"

Blog Entries

I don't know if I can create a topic or this has been discussed before, but:

Would there be more Pokeshippy events if the rumors about Misty and Team Aqua and Misty appearing in DP was real?

I think that would be so. I mean, it would be cool of those rumors were real. Again, if I can't post a topic, then forget about my post.

I don't know if I can create a topic or this has been discussed before, but:

Would there be more Pokeshippy events if the rumors about Misty and Team Aqua and Misty appearing in DP was real?

I think that would be so. I mean, it would be cool of those rumors were real. Again, if I can't post a topic, then forget about my post.
    It's OK, anyone can post a topic. Not a bad topic either I must say, although rumours about Misty and Team Aqua? Please do enlighten me, my knowledge of the anime must be slipping

Considering that there were Pokeshipping hints in DP anyway despite the fact that Misty didn't appear (Buizel your way out of this), I'd say there'd have been a fair few if she had. I imagine their love/hate relationship would have grown in DP as the contrast between Dawn's and Misty's behaviour towards Ash would make it stand out a lot more. This could probably also encourage newer fans to support pokeshipping (referring of course to The Normish's 'Evidence shipper' theory there), since the majority of them won't have seen the original series, or even Misty at all.

Oh I almost forgot to ask, Does Miya had a new fanart?
    Not since I last checked. She seems to be working on her Pokeshipping doujinshi FAITH at the moment, though (I recommend you all read it - it is truly amazing).
    Last edited by RadioactivCharmander; 23rd November 2011 at 02:20 PM.
    "I don't believe it was just a coincidence that I met you out of all people."
    Ash to Misty - Gotta Catch Ya Later

Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account