Pokeshipping General Discussion - Page 362

Page 362 of 430 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 6450
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

All the possibilities. TanktheAvengineer's Avatar

Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

I can definately say something about how Pokeshipping does slightly remind me of my childhood. Despite it not being my OTP ever, as I never shipped when I was young and started watching Pokemon (I remember it quite well. Ah, good memories), and when I did start shipping, I started on AG (not when it was first out) with one of the rival ships to Pokeshipping. It was actually kind of ironic - when May first came out, I absoultely hated her because an entire sixteenth of my childhood (part of the quarter I had for Pokemon, the other quarters were Power Rangers, Transformers, and another 'mon show that I better not say, in fear of my ass getting killed) was Misty, so I said that she was a crappy character, despite AG not even airing yet (yes, way back then). So I stopped Pokemon everything after a while. Now, I'm back into it, and while Pokeshipping may not be my absolute favourite ship, I'd say it'd be around 2nd. It's overall one of the most viable ones, I won't disagree with that.
    The person formerly known as 'TanktheAggron'

In terms of Pokemon Shipping:
    Advanceshipper here!

I've never been one for more romantic stuff. I'm more of the 'perverted guy' type of shipper. 8]
    Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

My Fanfiction - All stories about to get nuked. God I was an awful writer.

Pokéshipper RadioactivCharmander's Avatar

Hey I've just realised! It's exactly a year today since I joined these forums, and this is the only thread I've posted in! Now how's that for dedication!

But anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Fawful View Post
    But back on topic, I wonder how long I'll be intrigued by pokeshipping. I'm 20 years old... if the anime doesn't end in 10 years, will I be a 30 year old still interested in the relationship of fictional anime characters from my childhood? I feel old already. I hope the anime comes to a conclusion by then, but I doubt it. It will be awkward to see Ash still a 10 year old kid by then. If they do continue with a Pokemon anime though, it's possible they might move on from Ash. Even if it does end, pokeshipping will always be with me in memories and it will still probably intrigue me. I guess there should be no shame in that, lol.
    To be honest, I've always hoped that would happen. I hoped that eventually, at the end of the series, they'd let Ash win one of the important leagues, preferably the Kanto one, and then have him return to Pallet Town where he's greeted by all his friends from his journey. Then he and Misty would talk for a bit, and then it could lead to some sort of confession or, at least, a really evident hint from both of them.

And don't worry about the whole age thing, you don't have to be a child to admit to liking Pokemon. I'm almost as old as you and I can see myself liking Pokeshipping for quite a long time...
    "I don't believe it was just a coincidence that I met you out of all people."
    Ash to Misty - Gotta Catch Ya Later

Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RadioactivCharmander View Post
    I hoped that eventually, at the end of the series, they'd let Ash win one of the important leagues, preferably the Kanto one, and then have him return to Pallet Town where he's greeted by all his friends from his journey. Then he and Misty would talk for a bit, and then it could lead to some sort of confession or, at least, a really evident hint from both of them.
    Definitely Kanto, and that would be great for a Pokeshipping hint, as they could discuss his very first attempts at the exact same League.
    I think Brock should cop on to what's going on when they leave to talk in private. I must give Brock credit for this- he's very good at knowing romance and love advice. It just backfires with him and his love life, however.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Quote Originally Posted by Likeitornot. View Post
    If you dislike the skin, you change change it at the bottom-left of this page, I think.

and that's the great element about Pokeshipping, that's also a bit of a curse. It's nostalagic. It reminds some people of their childhoods. <3
    Ah thanks, didn't know I could change it.

I never thought of it that way though, haha. A "curse." Yeah I'm a sucker for nostalgia, being a kid rocked. Pokemon played a major part of that. It's part of who I am. A lot of the people that enjoy Pokeon now didn't grow up with Misty! That's the sad part! But as my generation gets older and starts having more influence over things, pokeshipping might get a resurgence in some media form or another. That's my wishful thinking.

RadioactivCharmander, interestingly enough, I've been here for exactly a year too, and this has been the only topic I've posted in (I'm pretty sure). We're equals!

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

HI everyone!It's holiday in our place and speaking of holidays,I don't know if I'm early to say this but I'll post this just in case..

Happy Pokeshipping Day!!XD
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

#Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

Pokéshipper RadioactivCharmander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash♥●•٠· View Post
    HI everyone!It's holiday in our place and speaking of holidays,I don't know if I'm early to say this but I'll post this just in case..

Nope you're right, I just looked it up. I'd actually forgotten, so thanks for reminding me. :)

Happy Pokeshipping Day!!
    "I don't believe it was just a coincidence that I met you out of all people."
    Ash to Misty - Gotta Catch Ya Later

Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

Blog Entries

Gosh, it's today?
    Well, happy Pokeshipping day, everyone, I hope you had such an amazing day equal to the ones Ash and Misty had/will have in their journeys together!

Pretty banner, great collage of Pokeshipping memories.
    I should whip something up later, though I'm rather busy, so it probably won't be completed today. ^^"
    dropping slow."

Had no idea it was today. Happy PokeShipping Day everyone!

Happy 4th of July :3 PokemonLotty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lol there's a holiday for a shipping? We must get it nationalized XD
    Please read and review my fanfic, The Very Best Like No One Ever Was:
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/my-first-fanfiction-pokemon-ashs-father-97505/

Here's my fanfiction profile:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2575363/pokemonfangirl4

Patientlly awaiting the airing of TR vs. TP special...

For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Man, what's with that Advanceshipping thread lately? Where are they getting their momentum from? I guess activity comes and goes in cycles.

All the possibilities. TanktheAvengineer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fawful View Post
    Man, what's with that Advanceshipping thread lately? Where are they getting their momentum from? I guess activity comes and goes in cycles.
    Being that I'm one of the guys who's helping keep it active, it's a lot of old members coming back, and a few new ones coming in. :P
    Though, don't go around talking about other shipping threads, that stuff ends up leading to closed threads :P
    That'd be especially bad to do at this point.
    The person formerly known as 'TanktheAggron'

In terms of Pokemon Shipping:
    Advanceshipper here!

I've never been one for more romantic stuff. I'm more of the 'perverted guy' type of shipper. 8]
    Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

My Fanfiction - All stories about to get nuked. God I was an awful writer.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

It doesn't lead to the threads being closed. It leads to the shipping mod coming in and telling you guys to get back on topic.
    Hotsanharu likes this.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

Whoa things got serious there for a second, lets fix that:

This may have been said before i dunno but am I crazy or does this seem to work from Misty's pov pretty well:

Taylor Swift - Sparks Fly (STUDIO VERSION+LYRICS& DOWNLOAD) - YouTube

ps. yea its my girl taylor haha

I have a new obsession...Righteous Flame!

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by RadioactivCharmander View Post
    Nope you're right, I just looked it up. I'd actually forgotten, so thanks for reminding me. :)

Happy Pokeshipping Day!!

I thought I was a bit early anyways..You're welcome..^^

Quote Originally Posted by Likeitornot. View Post
    Gosh, it's today?

Pretty banner, great collage of Pokeshipping memories.
    I should whip something up later, though I'm rather busy, so it probably won't be completed today. ^^"
    Thank you!*smiles* I was about to make something different from that, I was on a huurry in making so I think it's kind of uhm.. messy.. (I didn't fix it up much) :)

Quote Originally Posted by AvidPSFan View Post
    Had no idea it was today. Happy PokeShipping Day everyone!
    At first, I haven't got a clue when will be the Pokeshipping Day until I got here and read about the shipping holidays. *sighs* Although Misty didn't come this far like Ash, I always remember those great adventures from episodes to movies, specials then cameos.. opening themes then came up with a 10th anniversary special.. Love those memories..
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

#Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by firezard View Post

This may have been said before i dunno but am I crazy or does this seem to work from Misty's pov pretty well:

Taylor Swift - Sparks Fly (STUDIO VERSION+LYRICS& DOWNLOAD) - YouTube
    Hm, not a Taylor Swift fan myself, but the lyrics are quite a good respresentation of her feelings towards him. We just need to change "green eyes" to "brown" and it would hit the nail of the head.

Now, I think the time is ripe enough for a topic, and this is slightly about how nature vs nuture is 50/50 in developing a human, and I'm taking this as couple-wise in the nature fashion. So, you can already guess what my topic will be, but here it is...

What sort of location do you feel had the best Pokeshipping interactions e.g in the Forest, at the Gym, Town/City, The Pokemon League, etc?

For instance, I felt the episodes that were situated in the forest brought great general hints, as Ash would be in denial that they were lost in the forest, and refused to show Misty the map, and they would begun to argue over it, with Brock in between them sighing, and it brought out a rather childishly cute and comical atmosphere.

Then again, I'm a sucker for love/hate relationships, that also have rather comical moments.
    dropping slow."