Page 355 of 430 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 6447
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Likeitornot. View Post
    Eh, for all the hype they recieved, there's not that many. Misty's Song, and the few others already mentioned. I never considered the marriage one a proper hint, as Misty meant as in married to anyone, Ash just misterpreteted it.
    But isn't Misty's Song not an official pokemon OST? From what I've heard, mind.

Pokéshipper RadioactivCharmander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkqueen View Post
    It's official, but I think it's only for the English dub. Bits of it were used in "For Crying Out Loud" so it's genuine, but because it wasn't created by the Japanese company, a lot of people seem to ignore it because it was dub-added. It's also probably one of the main reasons that so many antipokeshippers use Misty's Song against us, claiming that Pokeshipping was invented by 4Kids.
    "I don't believe it was just a coincidence that I met you out of all people."
    Ash to Misty - Gotta Catch Ya Later

Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darkqueen View Post
    It's not in the Japanese version. It may be official over here, but Japanese hints are more official than dub ones, so thus it's titled a dub hint, and not a fully stable one.

The marriage hint could have a double meaning. 4Kids tend to do that a lot in the anime, with, for instance, the puns in episode titles (such as "The Perfect Match", which I suspected a while ago held some Pokeshipping value), so even if Misty really did mean that they would both be married to different people, I think 4Kids may have deliberately added that line so that it made sense on its own, but would heavily imply Pokeshipping if interpreted another way.
    Anyway, Ash's reaction suggests that he was thinking of the latter..
    Well, if they did, they wouldn't of needed to add Ash's line "Whaaaaaat?!", making it steer towards Pokeshipping.
    A lot of things 4Kids added are up to perspectives, for example, the Anti-Orangeshipping line in the specials, was possibly to promote Pokeshipping.
    Last edited by Likeitornot.; 27th August 2011 at 10:12 AM.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Happy 4th of July :3 PokemonLotty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Which anti-orangeshipping line? I can't remember anything like that? Was it in Pokemon Chronicles? :p
    Please read and review my fanfic, The Very Best Like No One Ever Was:
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/my-first-fanfiction-pokemon-ashs-father-97505/

Here's my fanfiction profile:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2575363/pokemonfangirl4

Patientlly awaiting the airing of TR vs. TP special...

For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonLotty View Post
    Which anti-orangeshipping line? I can't remember anything like that? Was it in Pokemon Chronicles? :p
    It's in "Luvdisc is a Many Splendored Thing" in Pokemon Chronicles. At the start, the narrator says something along the lines of, "There's romance in the air at the Cerulean Gym! And no, it's not between Misty and Tracey."

Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

Blog Entries

Ohh, that, what did it say in the original? Nothing to do with romance or did it suggest Tracey and Misty?
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=97505

Good news everyone... Sardonicus's Avatar

Ohh, that, what did it say in the original? Nothing to do with romance or did it suggest Tracey and Misty?
    Well, if the original's narration positively suggested Orangeshipping, that would be their holy grail of evidence, and so we would probably know about it. But I don't know if that line (whether it was dub-added or not, it don't know) was put there to promote Pokeshipping. The only good hint in the Chronicles was removed in the dub (strangely enough), and this line would have been dub-added, if anything. So it just doesn't seem like it was meant specifically for Pokeshippers. I think it was that they had the "romance in the air" line and the next scene it cut to was of Misty and Tracey, so they decided not to mislead people and shoot down the notion of the line being about them completely.
    Here's my Fanfiction.net profile. Check it out!

Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

Blog Entries

That's true, I'm pretty sure we would've heard about that. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonicus View Post
    Well, if the original's narration positively suggested Orangeshipping
    Oh god, I was afraid that might have been the case. Oh well, I never really thought of that bit as much of a hint anyway, so I guess the Orangeshippers can have it.

The only good hint in the Chronicles was removed in the dub (strangely enough)
    I really don't get why they did that. 4Kids seemed to make every effort to push Pokeshipping in the first two seasons, but they removed one of the only parts that could probably almost be classed as concrete evidence for this shipping. At least the original still said it though...

Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

Blog Entries

Oh god, I was afraid that might have been the case. Oh well, I never really thought of that bit as much of a hint anyway, so I guess the Orangeshippers can have it.
    Yeah, but, we don't even know if that was in the original. If it is, (I doubt it even was) that would actually be a pretty good hint, I mean, admit it, if it were Pokeshipping and they said that, we'd love that hint. Like, I said though, it's probably irrelevant to the subject of romance in the original narration, it's probably just like; "Another day at the Cerulean Gym, where Misty and Tracey are caring for the water type Pokemon" or something. And, yes I do understand that if it is in the original hinting at orangeshipping they'd probably be talking about the Luvdisc, but, still that would be hinting at Orangeshipping. I'm going to check the Bulbapedia Orangeshipping page, if that was said in the Japanese version; "That there's love in the air with Misty and Tracey" trust me, it'd be on there. *Goes to check...*

Here we go........

In the English version of Luvdisc is a Many Splendored Thing, the narrator notably shoots down the possibility of OrangeShipping. When mentioning that love was in the air, he states afterword, "No, it's not between Misty and Tracey." None of this was ever mentioned in the original version. Some fans see this as proof the of dub's preference for PokéShipping and that it may have considered OrangeShipping a threat.
    -Bulbapedia Orangeshipping page:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shipping:OrangeShipping

See, no romance reference at all. And, no, we aren't threatened by Orangeshipping, sorry orangeshippers but, Tracey is a Pokeshipper, so, no.
    Last edited by PokemonLotty; 28th August 2011 at 08:37 PM.

See, no romance reference at all. And, no, we aren't threatened by Orangeshipping, sorry orangeshippers but, Tracey is a Pokeshipper, so, no.
    Plus, Handymanshipping cancels out Orangeshipping.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidPSFan View Post
    Plus, Handymanshipping cancels out Orangeshipping.
    Very true, but I think we'd probably better change the subject before we get told we're bashing shippings.
    And change the subject I shall!

What would you like to see if a second series of Pokemon Chronicles was announced?

Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

Blog Entries

HI EVERYBODY!

My computer was out of commission for a little while but I'm back! Hope I didn't miss anything good.

Ok there's a topic: What would you like to see if a second series of Pokemon Chronicles was announced?

Well to state the obvious it would need to check in on Misty. Good lord we need an update in that girls life! Some kickass adventure for her would be awesome! Of course I would also love some major hint like a really sweet phone call between the two or a letter from Ash with a special look on Misty's face or something. Hell though I'd settle for a completely casual mention of the fact they're still friends for crying out loud haha.

Any way it is me posting so how about a new picture, huh? Here ya go! (uhhh bad word in the title of the pic...sorry haha)

Ash. F u c k i n g .Ketchum by *Cherry-BoomBoom on deviantART

Good news everyone... Sardonicus's Avatar

Welcome back, good sir. You missed exactly what you'd expect to miss... so nothing earth-shaking.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioactivCharmander View Post
    Very true, but I think we'd probably better change the subject before we get told we're bashing shippings.
    And change the subject I shall!

What would you like to see if a second series of Pokemon Chronicles was announced?
    Definitely something involving Misty. That goes without saying. Give her something interesting to do. Mention Ash somehow, turn it into a hint. Maybe even feature Ash somehow, like a phone call or a letter, like firezard said. I'd even be happy with a tiny hint, just something to tell us that the writers haven't forgotten (which I doubt they have). You know, a nod to us Pokeshipping fans.

As for other characters, I don't really care. Tracey would be neat, a few old characters-of-the-day would be cool, just to be like "hey, I remember that guy!" Other than that, nothing comes to mind. I never really understood the Pokemon Chronicles thing. They never seemed to have a purpose. I'm glad they happened, because they gave us at least one pretty good Pokeshipping hint, but I just don't see why they were made.
    Here's my Fanfiction.net profile. Check it out!

Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

Blog Entries

Alongside with what everyone else is saying, like a small hint(obviously I'd prefer a big one but, a mention of Ash from her would be good enough for me. God, her even appearing would be saying something -_-) I would love it if Misty said that before Ash went to Unova he stopped by to see her, like off-screen, they never showed what happened... :p

Also, along with a Misty one, I'd love to see May again. See how her travels in Johto went, see her with Drew hehehehehehe...Seeing Dawn in Hoenn would be nice and I'd also like to catch up on Brock. But, Misty is long overdue for some sort of mention or appearance. The last we had was a tiny picture in Brock's room...LOL

You know what would be a REALLY cute but, simple thing that isn't too out there; if Misty had a solo picture of Ash on her bed-stand or vise versa, that would make my life ahhahahaha. Or even if Ash had a picture of just himself, Misty and Brock that would speak volumes IMO. :)
    AvidPSFan and Dreamy like this.