Pokeshipping General Discussion - Page 351

Page 351 of 430 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 6450
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

  1. #5251
    dakadakadakadaka Wartortle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hinata House
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock in "Great Bowls of Fire!" After seeing Charizard with Charla
    So, am I the only one who hasn't found true love?
    I do follow this shipping, but I think people are a little too obsessive over it, don't-cha know?


  2. #5252
    Pokéshipper RadioactivCharmander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Wartortle View Post
    I do follow this shipping, but I think people are a little too obsessive over it, don't-cha know?
    I suppose you could say some people take it too seriously, but at least we can credit them for dedication. It's when the all-out shipping wars start that you know they're taking it too far.

    So, am I the only one who hasn't found true love?


    Did he really say that? If so, maybe Brock is a pokeshipper after all. His miniscule eyes have finally started to see!
    "I don't believe it was just a coincidence that I met you out of all people."
    Ash to Misty - Gotta Catch Ya Later

    Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

  3. #5253
    Pokéshipper 4 life! AvidPSFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactivCharmander View Post


    Did he really say that? If so, maybe Brock is a pokeshipper after all. His miniscule eyes have finally started to see!
    I always assumed that Brock was a Pokeshipper. Despite his own horrible luck with girls, he just seems like a very perceptive person, someone who would be able to pick up on those subtle clues between Ash and Misty.

  4. #5254
    Love is All You Need <3 Meowth That's Right!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    40
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactivCharmander View Post
    Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that one. I love that bit at the end too - when Ash quietly asks, "Why can't you and I be like that, Misty?" Maybe not enough to make me 'squeal from shippyness' (which, being a boy, is hard to do anway) but still quite significant on the Pokeshipping front.
    Hearing any guy squeal for any reason would be quite amazing, to be sure! anyway, I always thought Brock was a Pokeshipper, too... good to know it's not just me! He seems like a guy who will forever want what he can't get, whereas Ash seems more like a guy who doesn't know what he wants and can't see what's right in front of him (although I suppose Brock can't really see, either...? ).

    I love Jesus

    *Pokeshipper FOREVER*

    The meaning of life cannot be found inside a box of cereal.

  5. #5255
    Good news everyone... Sardonicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Wartortle View Post
    I do follow this shipping, but I think people are a little too obsessive over it, don't-cha know?
    There will always be those people, with anything really. Shippings, TV shows in general, music, cats, trains, you name it, there are people who are obsessed with it. But, yes, shippings are notably guilty of this, especially Pokeshipping. As long as it doesn't consume their lives/careers/relationships, then I think they're fine.

    As for the Brock quote, if the Japanese version had a similar line, then I think we've found a hidden gem of a hint. Even without agreement with the Japanese version, I think it's a good hint. I suppose it doesn't specifically mention Pokeshipping, but it does imply that both Ash and Misty have found "true love," and I find it most likely that it's with each other, as opposed to with other people.
    Here's my Fanfiction.net profile. Check it out!


    Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

  6. #5256
    Pokéshipper RadioactivCharmander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by AvidPSFan View Post
    I always assumed that Brock was a Pokeshipper. Despite his own horrible luck with girls, he just seems like a very perceptive person, someone who would be able to pick up on those subtle clues between Ash and Misty.
    Reason would lead me to believe that he should be a Pokeshipper, but going by the anime, he doesn't seem to pay much attention to Ash and Misty's 'situation'. Tracey was really the only main travelling companion to notice the spark between Ash and Misty (or at least mention it). It's strange, actually, because you would have thought that Brock would pick up on it rather than Tracey, having travelled with them for much longer. Oh well...

    Here's something interesting I found. I've noticed that some of the anime episodes seem to hint at Pokeshipping in their titles, for instance, "The Perfect Match" (the episode where Ash and Misty battle each other in the Whirl Cup). On one hand, it could just be a reference to the battle, but on the other hand, it could imply that Ash and Misty are the 'perfect match' for each other in a romantic sense; this would fit as well, seeing as the episode is focused on them.
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this, or alternatively, there might be more examples of the 'Pokeshippy episode titles' that I've missed...
    "I don't believe it was just a coincidence that I met you out of all people."
    Ash to Misty - Gotta Catch Ya Later

    Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

  7. #5257
    Pokéshipper 4 life! AvidPSFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactivCharmander View Post
    Here's something interesting I found. I've noticed that some of the anime episodes seem to hint at Pokeshipping in their titles, for instance, "The Perfect Match" (the episode where Ash and Misty battle each other in the Whirl Cup). On one hand, it could just be a reference to the battle, but on the other hand, it could imply that Ash and Misty are the 'perfect match' for each other in a romantic sense; this would fit as well, seeing as the episode is focused on them.
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this, or alternatively, there might be more examples of the 'Pokeshippy episode titles' that I've missed...
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was a double meaning in the title.

  8. #5258
    ヘイック Heiccu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    304

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Here's something interesting I found. I've noticed that some of the anime episodes seem to hint at Pokeshipping in their titles, for instance, "The Perfect Match" (the episode where Ash and Misty battle each other in the Whirl Cup). On one hand, it could just be a reference to the battle, but on the other hand, it could imply that Ash and Misty are the 'perfect match' for each other in a romantic sense; this would fit as well, seeing as the episode is focused on them.
    That's pretty interesting thought and may be true. Though that's only a title 4Kids created so I don't consider that as a strong hinting for Pokeshipping.

  9. #5259
    Pokéshipper RadioactivCharmander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Heiccu View Post
    That's pretty interesting thought and may be true. Though that's only a title 4Kids created so I don't consider that as a strong hinting for Pokeshipping.
    Well 4Kids did push Pokeshipping a lot more than the original Japanese version. According to Bulbapedia, the literal translation of the Japanese title is "Satoshi vs. Kasumi! The Final Battle in the Whirlpool Cup!!" which obviously isn't shippy at all. It might just have been one of those more subtle hints that 4Kids tried to cram into the original series....or I might just have misinterpreted it, haha
    "I don't believe it was just a coincidence that I met you out of all people."
    Ash to Misty - Gotta Catch Ya Later

    Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

  10. #5260
    Good news everyone... Sardonicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactivCharmander View Post
    Well 4Kids did push Pokeshipping a lot more than the original Japanese version. According to Bulbapedia, the literal translation of the Japanese title is "Satoshi vs. Kasumi! The Final Battle in the Whirlpool Cup!!" which obviously isn't shippy at all. It might just have been one of those more subtle hints that 4Kids tried to cram into the original series....or I might just have misinterpreted it, haha
    Keep in mind that the Japanese episode titles are always literal explanations of what happens in the episode, so they don't really have the license to make a Pokeshippy title unless that's the main focus of the episode (and that'll probably never happen, even if/when it finally becomes canon). The dub episode titles are always little plays on words, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if that title were meant to have the double meaning of pokemon battle/couple. In fact, it seems pretty likely, the more I think about it. Good catch on that one.
    Here's my Fanfiction.net profile. Check it out!


    Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

  11. #5261
    Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hesperia, California, United States
    Posts
    4,405
    Blog Entries
    35

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    It's good to be back on the pokeshipping thread. I've been looking around for some good fics, but I've already read most of them. Can anyone recommend any good ones?
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

  12. #5262
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by AvidPSFan View Post
    Misty has already realized her feelings. Ash is the only hold-up.
    Ash has also already realised Misty's feelings for him which is why he is waiting for her to confess with a type of reverse psycology (his dense act) :by pretending her hints do not exist he hopes to annoy her into a confession

  13. #5263
    Pokéshipper 4 life! AvidPSFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by watsisface View Post
    Ash has also already realised Misty's feelings for him which is why he is waiting for her to confess with a type of reverse psycology (his dense act) :by pretending her hints do not exist he hopes to annoy her into a confession
    Here are the problems with your theory.

    1. If Ash already knew, and he didn't feel the same, why would he want Misty to tell him? I would think he'd want her to keep her feelings inside so he wouldn't have to reject them.

    2. If Ash already knew, and he DID feel the same, why would he wait for her to confess when it would be easier for him to make the first move? Why put Misty through the agony of wondering if Ash returned her feelings, just to 'annoy' her into confessing, when he KNOWS he feels the same way too?

    It doesn't make sense either way.

  14. #5264
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3

    Default

    if what you say is true
    Quote Originally Posted by AvidPSFan View Post
    Absolutely. He likes her alright (probably loves her), and I'm sure he realizes that at this point, but he doesn't quite realize Misty's feelings for him. I can't wait to see his reaction when he finally DOES realize it (hopefully, via a confession by Misty)!
    he may pick up on the hints but the only way he's going to believe it is if she tells him herself

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayumi View Post
    LOL, That made my day. In that weird Pokemon language he's saying "Because you love Misty".
    ka is picachu speak for love?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvidPSFan View Post
    Here are the problems with your theory.

    1. If Ash already knew, and he didn't feel the same, why would he want Misty to tell him? I would think he'd want her to keep her feelings inside so he wouldn't have to reject them.

    2. If Ash already knew, and he DID feel the same, why would he wait for her to confess when it would be easier for him to make the first move? Why put Misty through the agony of wondering if Ash returned her feelings, just to 'annoy' her into confessing, when he KNOWS he feels the same way too?

    It doesn't make sense either way.
    meh does to me :3
    Last edited by Insanish Danish; 26th July 2011 at 06:29 PM.

  15. #5265
    Pokéshipper 4 life! AvidPSFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by watsisface View Post
    if what you say is true, he may pick up on the hints but the only way he's going to believe it is if she tells him herself
    I said he realizes HIS feelings for her, but doesn't realize HER feelings for him. You said he did and wanted to annoy her into a confession. That doesn't make sense because if he's observant enough to know that she loves him and he knows he feels the same, why would he need a confession from her before he believes those feelings are genuine if he has the SAME feelings? Do you see what I'm saying?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •