Page 322 of 431 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 6451
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Heiccu View Post
    ^ And well, I'm afraid that same goes to Misty.... As she is a gym leader and has to stay in the gym so I don't think that writers just decide to bring her back just one-two episodes, and even worse- without any hints. I don't want that she's just hanging there without any good reason and that writers don't give her a good storyplot to come to Unova region. That's why I would prefer some kind of mention of her from Ash's side or why not a phone call when another (or both) of them tells how they miss their adventures and so on. I think that would be more romantic ;)
    There are couple of good reasons which come to my mind to have Misty appear in Unova.
    If Misty returns she could come for some tournament(similar to Whirl Cup) to advance her skills as water trainer(her goal is to becme water pokemon master so this makes sense).Also Considering how Unova is described as very isolated region being far from others means its hard to get pokemon from there in other regions so coming to catch some new hard to get water type is also posibillity.
    Or she could come to help contribute to someones story like helping Iris about possible gym issues having things in common with her since she is gym leader too(similar how May helped Dawn to get over selfesteem problem).

Speaking of gym,i dont think thats really a problem considering how it didnt stoped her from coming in Hoenn.Problem of not having anyone to leave it in their hsands could be easily solved by making one of sisters more responsible(Daisy is best bet)or introduce someone else(like unown relative)to take care of it.
    If Fantina,Jasmine,Wallace etc could all leave gyms to improve as trainers or for some other reasons there is no reason why Misty couldnt aswell.

Sorry if this was off topic or anything,just wanted to share some of my ideas or suggestions with others in here.

Good news everyone... Sardonicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *FIN*~Pokéshipper~ View Post
    Hey all pokeshippers!
    I haven’t had time for posting here (I do have read all of the posts in both PS forums I’m in though)

So, I’m sure most of you didn’t know, that I’ve been writing a pokemon fan fiction for a half of a year now (which of course has some pokeshipping in it). It is not progressing so well, because I’m living really hard times right now and I have huge stress because of school. I get some great ideas, but it’s really hard to use and expand them, for me.

But the stuff I have writen and planned is really good. In total, I have got almost 200 pages of text for the story. I’ve ”hit a wall” few weeks ago and I had no idea what to write next. But I was on a winter vacation , which lasted for a week and I had time to think more deeply about the story. And suddenly the ideas just started to pour down my ears, lol. And now all I have to do is to get some motivation to write the ninth chapter.

So even though I don’t do so well on it, I always will somehow make it through the hard parts of writing it.

And the reason, why am I rambling about this so much, is because this is means alot to me and is one of the two biggest projects I have ever done (the other one is recording an album). They are even more important than school right now for me (I know, kinda crazy).
    I haven’t really planned on showing the story to anyone, ’till it’s completely finished. BUT guess what, today is my BIRTHDAY! Well, it’s pretty stupid to give the PEOPLE the present, by showing a bit of the story, but as a gift in return, you guys could read it and give me your opinions on it.
    This is gonna be the worst bithday I have ever had so you, pokeshippers commenting on the story would be the biggest present of this year for me. (o, and btw it’s not bad because of the presents of course lol)
    I’m gonna make the story so big, that my goal is to finish it before my 18th birthday, which is only after a year.

I don’t think I’m going to show it anymore than what I’m gonna do now. That’s why I’m picking one of the best parts of the story (from what I have written so far).

There is just one problem about the story… I write it in my mother language and I don’t think I can translate the whole story, so I need to find someone with perfect english in my country to translate it.

Oh, and one thing about the part I’m gonna translate now: it’s does not have pokeshipping in it, because the parts which has it, you’re gonna have to read the whole story to fully understand them, and that’s a prove that the pokeshipping has a huge part in the story.

(warning: theres about 1000 words under the spoiler tags)

K, and I'm gonna stop posting the same messages on all forums now. This was just an exception, because it's my birthday lol. And of course I wanted the most comments on my fic as possible.
    Well, happy Birthday!

As for the section of the fic, it's good. Your translation was pretty good. A lot of fics written by people who are fully fluent in English have much worse grammar and spelling. I'm sure that if I could read Finnish and I read it in Finnish, then it would be even better, but I think I can still give you some tips.

Here are a few things you are doing right: First off, you do a good job of showing what's going on instead of simply telling. You don't just say "this happened, this happened and this happened" and were done with it, you give us some visuals and some insights into what's going on in the scene and not just what is happening, if that makes any sense. An example of what I'm talking about would be this: in the fic, you say "Full of anger, he stood up, [swayed] a little, then gave a push on the wall of the box. 'What?!', the member said surprised. Pikachu gathered his last strength and knocked the box out of the members hand. The box was opened, when it hit the ground. Pikachu rolled out of it and started slowly running towards the light". You could have said "Pikachu got up, pushed on the door of the box, fell out and ran away" but instead, you put in things like "full of anger", "swayed a little", "gathered the last of his strength", etc. By doing this you show us that Pikachu was weak without saying "Pikachu was weak, so...". On a related note, you also do a good job of conveying the desperation of the situation. You show us what Pikachu is feeling and thinking and how weak he is from the ordeal. Also, I didn't feel like I had read a thousand words. I felt shorter, which is a good sign. If I read something that's not so good of the same length, it feels longer than a thousand words, like it's dragging out time. I didn't feel that when reading this.

Aside from the grammar and spelling errors, which were few (and mostly due to the fact that English is a strange, strange language), here are a few things that could be improved. When the Lairon uses strength on that boulder, you have the Furret telling Pikachu to get out of there and throwing this mysterious and seemingly important piece of leather, all within the time it takes for a boulder to fly a few meters through the air. When I picture this in my head, the boulder hits her much before she can do both of these things. My suggestion would be to reorder the scene, having the (team rocket?) member order the Lairon to use strength, the Furret telling Pikachu to get out of there (also include that piece of dialogue, don't just say "Senere... told Pikachu to run") the Lairon launches the boulder, the Furret throws the leather, and then the boulder hits the Furret. Try to imagine the scenes in your head before you write them down to make them more realistic. I'm sure you do this, but do it more, it never hurts. I felt like there was a bit of a lack of emotion, but I'll bet that it was lost in translation. Try reading your story to see if you feel a bit of the emotion that your characters are feeling.

Other than that, you've done a good job. I would tell you to keep working on it, but I'm experiencing the same wall of work that you are, so I know it's not a matter of just doing it. I haven't been able to write any more of my story either (or post here much, for that matter) from all the work I have to do. So, what I will say to you is this: don't give up, keep persevering with this story, write when you can. I look forward to reading it in full.
    Here's my Fanfiction.net profile. Check it out!

Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

Quote Originally Posted by Ashist♥●•٠· View Post
    happy Birthday (*right?) and that fanfic is nice!well done. I can't wait for the next of it and the pokeshipping part. I really get excited in reading fanfics specially pokeshipping in it.
    Thanks! Glad you liked it! But I’m only half way through with the story, so you’re still gonna have to wait a pretty long time for me to finish it. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonicus View Post
    Well, happy Birthday!
    Yes! This was exactly the reply I was hoping to get! Thank you so much! ^^
    To be honest, I actually ain’t a great writer. My finnish has always been a 8 (I guess that’s C in US?) in school. It’s just that I have got some imagination, I always get great ideas for everything and I understand all kinds of feelings pretty well.

The part I translated is not the final version. My plan is to first write the text into an empity book by hand, then I fix all the mistakes and make it more clear to understand on a computer.

Aside from the grammar and spelling errors, which were few (and mostly due to the fact that English is a strange, strange language), here are a few things that could be improved. When the Lairon uses strength on that boulder, you have the Furret telling Pikachu to get out of there and throwing this mysterious and seemingly important piece of leather, all within the time it takes for a boulder to fly a few meters through the air. When I picture this in my head, the boulder hits her much before she can do both of these things. My suggestion would be to reorder the scene, having the (team rocket?) member order the Lairon to use strength, the Furret telling Pikachu to get out of there (also include that piece of dialogue, don't just say "Senere... told Pikachu to run") the Lairon launches the boulder, the Furret throws the leather, and then the boulder hits the Furret. Try to imagine the scenes in your head before you write them down to make them more realistic. I'm sure you do this, but do it more, it never hurts. I felt like there was a bit of a lack of emotion, but I'll bet that it was lost in translation. Try reading your story to see if you feel a bit of the emotion that your characters are feeling.
    That sure was a hard part to write. I tried to write it so, that you would have to imagine, that things wouldn’t happen so fast on that part, but yeah, it didn’t really work… Thanks alot for the advice. When I write it again on my computer, I will try to redorder the part again as you said. And I guess this part cut out the emotions in the story… I am trying hard to keep them going strong through the full story..

Oh, and no, it’s not team rocket. But I’m not revealing anything else about that yet. ;)

Other than that, you've done a good job. I would tell you to keep working on it, but I'm experiencing the same wall of work that you are, so I know it's not a matter of just doing it. I haven't been able to write any more of my story either (or post here much, for that matter) from all the work I have to do. So, what I will say to you is this: don't give up, keep persevering with this story, write when you can. I look forward to reading it in full.
    Even though I feel like it’s hard for me to go on or I complain about it, I will never give up. I have gone through alot of hard times with the writing, but the importance of it has never decreased in me.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

so you’re still gonna have to wait a pretty long time for me to finish it. ;p
    yeah *smiles*, well, good luck on making it. Even though I don't have much to advice about your fanfic, (because I really don't know how even to make one) Just put your imaginations and feelings/expressions for the fic. The more ideas, the more exciting it will be.:)
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

#Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Alright kids, moving on from the fic-talk. That's the Writer's Corner territory, not the shipping section's.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Pokéshipper RadioactivCharmander's Avatar

Okay, to keep the pokeshipping spirit alive, here's a new topic (and again, sorry if it's been posted - I suspect it might have been, a couple of hundred pages back).

What would be your ideal pokeshippy episode (aside from a confession)?
    "I don't believe it was just a coincidence that I met you out of all people."
    Ash to Misty - Gotta Catch Ya Later

Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

Quote Originally Posted by RadioactivCharmander View Post
    Okay, to keep the pokeshipping spirit alive, here's a new topic (and again, sorry if it's been posted - I suspect it might have been, a couple of hundred pages back).

An episode with all the strongest hints rolled into one. Ash getting jealous, him and Misty worrying over each other constantly, Misty putting herself in serious danger for Ash's sake (as opposed to the reverse, because I think it would really speak to Misty's resolve to ensure his safety) and maybe a declaration from Ash (or Misty, but I'd prefer Ash) of something amounting to a promise to protect.

That would be my ideal episode if a confession isn't allowed.
    Last edited by AvidPSFan; 16th March 2011 at 02:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

with arguement - it's one of their ''moments'' = to denial
    Jealous Ash - it's nice seeing Ash be a lot more jealous than ever than MIsty. (although there's nothing wrong if Misty got jealous)
    An episode with all the strongest hints rolled into one. Ash getting jealous, him and Misty worrying over each other constantly, Misty putting herself in serious danger for Ash's sake (as opposed to the reverse, because I think it would really speak to Misty's resolve to ensure his safety) and maybe a declaration from Ash (or Misty, but I'd prefer Ash) of something amounting to a promise to protect.
    Agreed with this as well. The heroic and loving side of Ash..and maybe a lot closer friendship (then love couples?)

Blog Entries

This seems like all I really do here anymore but here is another great pic.

*warning, its a little sexual haha*

http://fav.me/d3bspd7

I have a new obsession...Righteous Flame!

Quote Originally Posted by firezard View Post

It's really cute. And as for the sexual part, it's (heavily) implied what they did, but it was done in a very tasteful way.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

(Ignoring the sexual idea of the pic)Nice fanart!

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Primavera View Post
    Alright kids, moving on from the fic-talk. That's the Writer's Corner territory, not the shipping section's.
    Ooh yeah... I'm sorry... Well, I don't think I'm going to be posting anything else on any other topic, so I'm not going to post my fic anywhere either. It IS a pokeshipping fan fic, but yeeeah, I get it. I will try to pay more attention on the rules from now on. Sorry again. Guys, gimme the rest of your opinions by pm:ing me.
    -----------------

One, that has everything which has been posted above, but of course there should be added other characters in the hints, to make them more interesting. Like if it happend in the BW saga, Iris could make fun of Ash and Misty, and Dento(the english name is so weird, I can never remember it) could drive them both mad by askin tons of unpleasant questions. And of course Pikachu should finally be included in the hints.

Quote Originally Posted by firezard View Post

Lol, pretty cool. I can clearly see, that both Misty's and Ash's pose has been take from the older eps.

Nyaaa that Fishing tournament episode will be skipped and they are going to show it later in future than when it was supposed to be showed. I don't know exact reason but it's somehow related to these incidents what's going on in Japan. That means we have to wait even more to see whether the "Kasumi special" appears.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Nyaaa that Fishing tournament episode will be skipped and they are going to show it later in future than when it was supposed to be showed. I don't know exact reason but it's somehow related to these incidents what's going on in Japan. That means we have to wait even more to see whether the "Kasumi special" appears.
    I know right? Maybe because of the tsunami that cause some delays in Japan, that includes a huge dillema in their country and of course in the anime series..(I hope Japan could easily stand strong)
    sorry for being off topic.

One, that has everything which has been posted above, but of course there should be added other characters in the hints, to make them more interesting. Like if it happend in the BW saga, Iris could make fun of Ash and Misty, and Dento(the english name is so weird, I can never remember it) could drive them both mad by askin tons of unpleasant questions. And of course Pikachu should finally be included in the hints.
    Yeah!An episode without hints are something incomplete!It would be so great if there were new notable pokeshippers or trying to pair them up together.:)

^ Still, an episode of Pokémon anime will be shown today in Japan, and that's a gym battle.
    But enough of this, I'm moving on to the topic.

Plenty of hints, of course. And yeah, something that involves other characters in it, like a little bit teasing from Iris' side and naturally Cilan's tastings and those 'flavor' things of Ash and Misty would be so awesome. And the best of all, some kind of hint from Ash's side, just like some kind of protection in danger situation. Yeah. that's it.