Pokeshipping General Discussion - Page 307
Page 307 of 432 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 6480

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Good news everyone... Sardonicus's Avatar

Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Who would you rather have jealous, Misty or Ash?

Good question. We've seen jealousy from both, 3 or 4 times from both of them. I would say that I would rather see Ash jealous. I agree with firezard about wanting an Ash hint, for the notable deficiency of them, compared to Misty hints. But what I think makes Ash more interesting to watch when he's jealous, is that he has no idea why. Don't get me wrong, Misty is still interesting to watch too, but you can almost see Ash's inner struggle when someone threatens to take Misty away from him.

You can tell that when Misty's jealous, she's saying to herself "I should be the one who has Ash, not this girl," as she says things like "he's booked" (to Macey). She's a bit predictable, in that respect, but Ash is much more erratic. He doesn't know what to say to himself. His thoughts probably go something like this: "I don't like this. Why don't I like this?", so he doesn't know what to do. This results in him doing things like falling off mountainsides (Navel Maneuvers) and carelessly sending out his disobedient Charizard during a precision exercise (Misty Meets Her Match). He gets confused, saying things like "Who does this guy think he is anyway?", "What's she so worried about him for?", and "What about me?" (all from Navel Maneuvers).

Basically I think it's a little more interesting to watch Ash be jealous from a psychological perspective.
    Here's my Fanfiction.net profile. Check it out!

Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

Blog Entries

'Cause I haven't posted here in FOREVER! I'll post now.

ASh. Misty got Jealous often enough when she was there. NOW ITS HIS TURN!

Stay. Away. From. My. Cookie.

Blog Entries

@Sardonicus

wow you were able to vocalize what I was thinking much better than me haha

I have a new obsession...Righteous Flame!

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Ash. Well it's more cute to see a guuys get jealous.
    Ash need some his side hints..
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

#Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

Well, perhaps Ash. It would be more interesting that way, seeing Ash jealous. Besides, we didn't see Ash jealous as more as Misty, though that isn't the most important thing. It would be very interesting, maybe even cute, how Ash would react on that situation and how would he handle it. Sardonicus had very good points on this which I'm not going to repeat, as I had kinda similar thoughts.

Ash. That is all. For the reasons Sardonicus has already stated.

On a related note, I agree with the differences between the thought processes when Ash gets jealous as opposed to when Misty gets jealous. I think there are three things that go through each of their minds when jealousy pops up.

What emotion am I feeling?
    What's making me feel this way?
    Why am I feeling this way?

Both of them can answer the first two questions; it's the third question that makes the difference.

Misty:
    What emotion am I feeling? Jealousy
    What's making me feel this way? There's a girl asking Ash out/kissing Ash/touching Ash/showing interest in him in some way.
    Why am I feeling this way? Because I love him and believe I'm the one who should be doing those things with him.

Ash:
    What emotion am I feeling? Anger (I don't think he understood what jealousy was when his episodes of it happened)
    What's making me feel this way? Misty is showing interest in another guy/flirting with another guy or vice-versa
    Why am I feeling this way? I don't know.

The answer to the third question affects how they react to the situation, which I think goes something like this.

Misty's reaction: Covert protest through glares and biting comments so I can let my displeasure show while still keeping my feelings for Ash a secret.

Ash's reaction: I don't know why I don't like this, but I want it to stop so I'll be very vocal about my displeasure with what's going on and hope that will change the situation.
    Last edited by AvidPSFan; 2nd February 2011 at 01:49 PM.

Ash, of course. Although there are times when Ash gets jealous (like Navel Maneuvers and Misty meets her match) they just don't come near to the amount of times Misty has been jealous. More of Ash being jealous would suit me fine.

Plus, Ash is dense, so it's always progress when he does something that we can interpret as a shipping hint.
    "I don't believe it was just a coincidence that I met you out of all people."
    Ash to Misty - Gotta Catch Ya Later

Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

Good news everyone... Sardonicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AvidPSFan View Post

Ash. That is all. For the reasons Sardonicus has already stated.

On a related note, I agree with the differences between the thought processes when Ash gets jealous as opposed to when Misty gets jealous. I think there are three things that go through each of their minds when jealousy pops up.

What emotion am I feeling?
    What's making me feel this way?
    Why am I feeling this way?

Both of them can answer the first two questions; it's the third question that makes the difference.

Misty:
    What emotion am I feeling? Jealousy
    What's making me feel this way? There's a girl asking Ash out/kissing Ash/touching Ash/showing interest in him in some way.
    Why am I feeling this way? Because I love him and believe I'm the one who should be doing those things with him.

Ash:
    What emotion am I feeling? Anger (I don't think he understood what jealousy was when his episodes of it happened)
    What's making me feel this way? Misty is showing interest in another guy/flirting with another guy or vice-versa
    Why am I feeling this way? I don't know.

The answer to the third question affects how they react to the situation, which I think goes something like this.

Misty's reaction: Covert protest through glares and biting comments so I can let my displeasure show while still keeping my feelings for Ash a secret.

Ash's reaction: I don't know why I don't like this, but I want it to stop so I'll be very vocal about my displeasure with what's going on and hope that will change the situation.
    This. This is exactly what I wanted to say.

I wanted to get a little more into it, but didn't have the time. Life's getting busy, unfortunately. Anyway, that is exactly why Ash is erratic when he gets jealous, because he knows that the other guy is what's causing his anger, and he doesn't like it. He doesn't know why he doesn't like it, but he wants it to stop, so he'll do anything to stop it. He shouts and lets his anger get the better of him, leading to carelessness. That disconnect Ash has from his feelings, his lack of awareness, is what allows him to be dramatic about it. Misty would say to herself "if I react too badly, Ash might suspect something", but Ash doesn't know to think that, so he just goes ahead and reacts.
    Here's my Fanfiction.net profile. Check it out!

Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonicus View Post
    This. This is exactly what I wanted to say.

I wanted to get a little more into it, but didn't have the time. Life's getting busy, unfortunately. Anyway, that is exactly why Ash is erratic when he gets jealous, because he knows that the other guy is what's causing his anger, and he doesn't like it. He doesn't know why he doesn't like it, but he wants it to stop, so he'll do anything to stop it. He shouts and lets his anger get the better of him, leading to carelessness. That disconnect Ash has from his feelings, his lack of awareness, is what allows him to be dramatic about it. Misty would say to herself "if I react too badly, Ash might suspect something", but Ash doesn't know to think that, so he just goes ahead and reacts.
    Exactly. With Misty it's like, "Okay, this is making me REALLY pissed off, but if I react too strongly, people (especially Ash) may suspect something and that's the last thing I want. I've gotta keep it low profile."

With Ash, it's a lot more simple. "I don't like this. I REALLY don't like this! I don't really understand why, but that doesn't matter. This makes me angry and I'm going to let them know it makes me angry so that maybe they'll take a hint and cut it out because I just want it to STOP!"

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry everyone for this sudden drop in but i would like to comment on something,and i have to say seeing Misty at least in photo on Brocks wall was nice way to show how writers are still aware of her existence not forgetting about her.
    This can be annotated in different ways,but maybe she might have chance to return in person in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Heiccu View Post
    Well, I think writers didn't have any reason to bring her back for just couple of episodes in DP. For example, the Wallace cup was great opportunity for May to make a cameo but it's so much harder for Misty, as she is a gymleader, she has full responsibility of the gym and cannot just decide to go to see Ash to Sinnoh :/

Of course I truly wanted her to make her own cameo but I still don't want that she apperas for one-two episodes, if she hasn't any good role in those episodes [or any Pokeshippy >.<]
    To be fair writers had couple of good opportunities to bring Misty back if they wanted like:
    -we all know her ultimate goal was to become water master,so coming in DP for some water tournament(similar to Whirl Cup)to advance her dream would make sense
    -or to catch new water tye which cant be find at place were she lives being possibly involved in some plot like Gary helped gang about villains.
    -appearing at Pallet town was also plausible idea but writers missed on that
    -considering she appeared again in games(HGSS remakes),writers could have use her as one of candidates to advertize them.
    -some say she could come for Sinnoh league aswell to give moral support to Ash and perhaps even have small battle with him

Now that i think about it in that interview with mr.Hidaka awhile ago he also mentioned how if Misty rerurns she might come for some tournament like May did or have something to do with contests but not doing them,but it seems writers passed on that aswell.

As we can see from examples of Fantina,Jasmine,Candice etc, gym leaders can leave gym from certain period of time to travell for various purposes so its not like it would be problem if Misty left gym aswell.Sure unlike some other cases Misty doesnt have realible substitutes to take care of gym while shes absent(like its been showed with rather useless sisters which rushed her back shortly after she leftgym in her last cameo),but in reality that wasnt really an obstacle since writers could fix this easily if they wanted to have Misty appear in DP giing her some time to shine on her own.

I think reason why Misty wasnt showed in DP at all is more among the lines of writers having too many older characters already on their hands who left which was caused by too many replacings,to have every one of them return in one region.

That and unfortunately they rather want to focus on new characters than older ones no matter what they might offer fo current show.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

That and unfortunately they rather want to focus on new characters than older ones no matter what they might offer fo current show.
    Yes,I'm gonna agree to this one. Writers maybe focussed on the current characters and makinga different kind of storyline. But the good part is Misty is isn't forgotten yet, but that is hard if she'll be returning or not.

*sniffs* Although she doesn't show some signs of having a cameo this time,I think,let's just keep this thread going..More hopes for Pokeshipping!!!

screenshots

Let's revive the ''scenes'' ..[again]

If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

#Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

Hmm... Tough question. I'd actually like them to both be jealous at other people.

But.. ASH ASH ASH. Even if they both had their share of jealousy, we desperately need clues from Ash. Misty has had her share as she had more envious moments--except when they were in the Orange Islands, yeah that was a great season, Ash being jealous... Ahh, I love the Orange League...

EDIT: Agrees to last few posts above me. ^^
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

To be fair writers had couple of good opportunities to bring Misty back if they wanted like:
    -we all know her ultimate goal was to become water master,so coming in DP for some water tournament(similar to Whirl Cup)to advance her dream would make sense
    -or to catch new water tye which cant be find at place were she lives being possibly involved in some plot like Gary helped gang about villains.
    -appearing at Pallet town was also plausible idea but writers missed on that
    -considering she appeared again in games(HGSS remakes),writers could have use her as one of candidates to advertize them.
    -some say she could come for Sinnoh league aswell to give moral support to Ash and perhaps even have small battle with him

Now that i think about it in that interview with mr.Hidaka awhile ago he also mentioned how if Misty rerurns she might come for some tournament like May did or have something to do with contests but not doing them,but it seems writers passed on that aswell.

As we can see from examples of Fantina,Jasmine,Candice etc, gym leaders can leave gym from certain period of time to travell for various purposes so its not like it would be problem if Misty left gym aswell.
    Those are such a good points but I have to disagree with some of them. For example that HGSS thing. Because Misty is only a gym leader in those games, writers had a better idea for bringing Lyra to anime and create that 'Johto festa' thing, which was kinda better idea as Lyra and Khoury were from Johto and had only pokémon from Johto region, thus Misty has only Corsola and Politoed.

Of course Misty could have travelled to Sinnoh, but it would have been difficult, as Sinnoh isn't located near to Kanto and she is the only one response of the gym. I also heard some rumours couple of years ago that Misty might appear in DP in some kind of tournament or so. But in my opinion, writers didn't see it necessary or important to give her a cameo in DP series.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heiccu View Post
    Those are such a good points but I have to disagree with some of them. For example that HGSS thing. Because Misty is only a gym leader in those games, writers had a better idea for bringing Lyra to anime and create that 'Johto festa' thing, which was kinda better idea as Lyra and Khoury were from Johto and had only pokémon from Johto region, thus Misty has only Corsola and Politoed.
    Misty appears as gym leader in more than one game,but your right from marketing point it made more sense to bring characters from Johto like Lyra,though it wouldnt have hurt if they choosed Misty as one of additional candidates to promote Gold and Silver remakes in process pleasing alot of oldr fans.About Johto pokemon in that case,she could bring with her some other Johto pokemon aside fromn those two(like Kingdra for example with Horsea evolving into it prior to that).

However writers probably didnt see need to use more of characters to promote new games.

Of course Misty could have travelled to Sinnoh, but it would have been difficult, as Sinnoh isn't located near to Kanto and she is the only one response of the gym.
    Well to tell the thruth Hoenn wasnt very close either,but it didnt stopped her from travelling all the way to evolve Togepi.It really just depended on writers,in end choosing not to bring her.

Speaking of gym,her sisters are tehnically still gym leaders but passive ones not taking care anymore of it,though substitute would be the smalles problem in case of writers bringing her back with issue being solved if needed by either one of sisters becoming more responsible or some unow relative being introduced.

I also heard some rumours couple of years ago that Misty might appear in DP in some kind of tournament or so. But in my opinion, writers didn't see it necessary or important to give her a cameo in DP series.
    Maybe your reffering to that interview with mr.Hidaka,he mentioned posibillity of coming back for tournament though didnt specified when.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Okay, people. Can we move away from the Misty hypothesizing? While Misty is half the equation, this isn't the proper place to be talking about why she is or isn't on the show anymore.

Move on to the next topic.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.