Pokeshipping General Discussion - Page 262
Page 262 of 432 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 6474

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AvidPSFan View Post
    So basically, you're saying that while the chances of Misty appearing (or even being mentioned) in BW are extremely remote, the chance is still there and trying to predict anything is really fruitless.
    Yes that was basically point of it,and while predicting can end up becoming correct or false chance always exists with reasons being there.What im trying to say is how with this show and writers it can never be known.
    But from my experience best thing to do is to expect worst and hope for best.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Sorry guys for this drop in but givn how some said their view i would like to say something about Misty and whole chance of being seen again too.

Going by DP unfortunately everything make it seems how Misty wont be seen again but in my opinion trying to predict something on past using it as somekind of pattern would be mistake.We already sawed how unpredictable and unothordox writers tend to be at times whe it comes to older characters like they did with rather shoking appearances of Gary who was gone for whole Hoenn or Jessibelle who was absenbt for 11 years,Jasmine who noone expectedto see again despite remakes etc showing how absence from one region doesnt determine if someone will ever be seen again.

Misty as character in reality was replaced with lot of unused potential with room being left for furher progress like revealing more about her backstory and past about which isnt known much(like parents,from where her other fears originate like bugphobia etc),her goal never recived closure which was to becme water pokemon master if anyone remembers from original series which aside from Whirl Cup writers never breaked new grounds with it with lot of never used material being left to expand more on it and so on,so there are plenty of reasons she could return advancing her storyline.
    Speaking of cameos she could appear for some water tournament to improve as water trainer,to help Iris about possible gym issues she may have had considering shes a gymmleader,to catch some unown pokemon which is newly discovered and hard to come by,to help about some plot which involves villains(perhaps Team Rocket which is shaping up to become real threat with Giovani being revived again) like Gary did against Team Galactic or Hunter J or for something else.
    As it can be noticed there is whole sea of things she could return for to do so lack of ideas is out of question.

Reason behind Mistys absence lyes more in show becoming too crowded with all this character replacing with writers rather wanting to focus on new characters aswell pokemon anime taking different formula causing consequence of older ones being neglected sadly but that doesnt necessaily mean everything being lost.

In end im not trying to give some false hope or anything but at same time i wouldnt say its out of question posibillity of Misty returning again.Probably only for appearance,since chance for ever becoming main again(despite being great idea imo and justified given unfinished story and lot of things they could do to develop her character more)is incredibly small and unlikely to ever see light of day.
    But as saying goes better something than nothing.

Also if i remember correctly ex pokemon director Masamitsu Hidaka in his interview said Misty will continue to appear coming for some arc like May did or for something else.He just didnt specified when and in what saga,and while this may not mean much thats the closest official info we got regarding said character future so far.
    People can believe what they want but "things shouldnt be viewed only as dark with light always exiting out there"(if you get what i mean).
    Hear Hear! Been trying to word that for ages now...

Stay. Away. From. My. Cookie.

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi12370 View Post
    This very much. My Arceus, I already ranted about this before but seems like no one listened.

I suggest all of you listen to Dana. Misty is more likely not returning for a cameo/guest appearance in the show. Her role is done, and there is nothing left for her to do. We have to move on and keep our ship alive by other means like fanart and fanfiction. Crying and screaming about how the show sucks or whatever doesn't keep this ship alive. It just makes us, Pokeshippers and Misty fans, look REALLY bad. There are people out there who look for this kind of behavior to prove how "dumb" we are. Let's not devolve ourselves into Gakishippers please.

We can like a ship. Let just be mature about it for once.
    I so agree with this! This is why this "vet" Pokeshipper can't hang in this thread much because of all the baw and crying over how much the show sucks now because Misty isn't around or how it's wrong to like anything outside of Pokeshipping involving either character. Shipping shouldn't be taken that seriously. Shipping is supposed to be fun. As goofy as it may sound, years ago, like 2000 or so, "Gakishippers" were looked down upon. This thread seems to have too many Gakishippers for my liking to fully enjoy this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
    I so agree with this! This is why this "vet" Pokeshipper can't hang in this thread much because of all the baw and crying over how much the show sucks now because Misty isn't around or how it's wrong to like anything outside of Pokeshipping involving either character. Shipping shouldn't be taken that seriously. Shipping is supposed to be fun. As goofy as it may sound, years ago, like 2000 or so, "Gakishippers" were looked down upon. This thread seems to have too many Gakishippers for my liking to fully enjoy this thread.
    Yes, I've been meaning to ask, what is a Gakishipper?

Although I hope I haven't been complaining, I try to keep it easygoing and calm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugon View Post
    If Ash and ends up with Misty... My life is complete <3
    If Ash ends up with someone else... I think it's ok, I wouldn't really be mad... Just a bit sad.
    If Misty ends up with someone else... I WILL BE FURIOUS! Ô_Ô ...Unless it's Gary and Ash is jealous!
    I agree. Personally I hate all ships that conflict with Pokeshipping, but that's just my opinion. I still respect people who ship them, even though I don't.

Here's a bit of a fanfic I'm writing. This is where Ash finds out he loves Misty. Please read and tell me what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by The Normish
    Yes, I've been meaning to ask, what is a Gakishipper?
    Gakishipping is another name for pokeshipping, but "Gaki" is an offensive word in japanese to refer to a child by. That's what Bulbapedia says anyway.
    "I don't believe it was just a coincidence that I met you out of all people."
    Ash to Misty - Gotta Catch Ya Later

Youtube Channel
    FanFiction.net Account

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMudkip View Post
    Quoting from the advanceshipping thread (because I accidentally clicked that instead of Pokeshipping):
    He does? Really, where?!? Advanceshipping gods? Advanceshipping day? Well, then, we should have Pokeshipping day as well if that's the case.

Also, it's true Misty and Ash have more hints than other ships (even check Bulbapedia, and I don't think it's even complete, lol).
    There's a day for all the main ships, not just Advanceshipping. Pokeshipping Day is on the day when Ash and Misty first met (both in Japanese and the dub) but I can't remember the exact date.

And Ash does have the Teddiursa in his room, but I lol at how Advanceshippers seem to consider that a hint. ZOMG! He kept something from a friend so he must love her lol. No.

Pokeshipping has way more hints. ;D

And SSJ_Jup81, I agree with you. It's a shame what this place has become.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
    I dont think the show sucks anymore because Misty's gone, I still watch the show. I also dont mind other shippings that conflict with Poke, I actually think Negai is cute, but n where near enough to convert :P lol

Blog Entries

I just watched the "Forest Grumps" episode and it was so epic!! I thought it was so cute when they were looking for Misty and Ash said "I know you're worried about her too, Pikachu... And were gonna keep looking until we find her!" <3<3<3 And in the end, "Good to have you back" "Thanks a lot, Ash. It's good to be back, I missed you." Aaw!

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Yes, that episode was indeed cute. <3 "Ash and Misty were never friends" my ass.

How could anyone deny their unbelievably close friendship after episodes like that?
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

I just watched the "Forest Grumps" episode and it was so epic!! I thought it was so cute when they were looking for Misty and Ash said "I know you're worried about her too, Pikachu... And were gonna keep looking until we find her!" <3<3<3 And in the end, "Good to have you back" "Thanks a lot, Ash. It's good to be back, I missed you." Aaw!
    I watched that episode :) Good times :D

We need a topic.

Whats your favourite color?

If Ash and Misty had a kid, what would her/his name be? Personality? All those other things I'm too lazy to mention?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayumi View Post
    I watched that episode :) Good times :D

We need a topic.

Whats your favourite color?

If Ash and Misty had a kid, what would her/his name be? Personality? All those other things I'm too lazy to mention?
    Regardless of gender, Ash's determination, their tempers and their compassion would be characteristics the kid would have. If it was a girl, probably be a tomboy like Misty.

Radioactivecharmander: Wow, the fanfic was really good. It was funny, in good-taste and very entertaing. Make sure to post the rest when your done. (By the way, where did you get Misty's last name from?)

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Pokefannn View Post
    (By the way, where did you get Misty's last name from?)
    "Waterflower" is a popular fanon surname for Misty. The other is "Williams."
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokefannn View Post
    Radioactivecharmander: Wow, the fanfic was really good. It was funny, in good-taste and very entertaing. Make sure to post the rest when your done. (By the way, where did you get Misty's last name from?)
    Waterflower is the default fan surname for Misty and it comes from the episode "The Waterflowers of Cerulean City". No one knows what her real last name is if she even has one.

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

AAWW! Yeah, I love that EP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    And Ash does have the Teddiursa in his room, but I lol at how Advanceshippers seem to consider that a hint. ZOMG! He kept something from a friend so he must love her lol. No.

Pokeshipping has way more hints. ;D
    Yeah, exactly. ASh may have the Teddiursa in his bedroom...but, he carries Misty's lure everywhere he goes! Ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Sorry guys for this drop in but givn how some said their view i would like to say something about Misty and whole chance of being seen again too.

Going by DP unfortunately everything make it seems how Misty wont be seen again but in my opinion trying to predict something on past using it as somekind of pattern would be mistake.We already sawed how unpredictable and unothordox writers tend to be at times whe it comes to older characters like they did with rather shoking appearances of Gary who was gone for whole Hoenn or Jessibelle who was absenbt for 11 years,Jasmine who noone expectedto see again despite remakes etc showing how absence from one region doesnt determine if someone will ever be seen again.

Misty as character in reality was replaced with lot of unused potential with room being left for furher progress like revealing more about her backstory and past about which isnt known much(like parents,from where her other fears originate like bugphobia etc),her goal never recived closure which was to becme water pokemon master if anyone remembers from original series which aside from Whirl Cup writers never breaked new grounds with it with lot of never used material being left to expand more on it and so on,so there are plenty of reasons she could return advancing her storyline.
    Speaking of cameos she could appear for some water tournament to improve as water trainer,to help Iris about possible gym issues she may have had considering shes a gymmleader,to catch some unown pokemon which is newly discovered and hard to come by,to help about some plot which involves villains(perhaps Team Rocket which is shaping up to become real threat with Giovani being revived again) like Gary did against Team Galactic or Hunter J or for something else.
    As it can be noticed there is whole sea of things she could return for to do so lack of ideas is out of question.

Reason behind Mistys absence lyes more in show becoming too crowded with all this character replacing with writers rather wanting to focus on new characters aswell pokemon anime taking different formula causing consequence of older ones being neglected sadly but that doesnt necessaily mean everything being lost.

In end im not trying to give some false hope or anything but at same time i wouldnt say its out of question posibillity of Misty returning again.Probably only for appearance,since chance for ever becoming main again(despite being great idea imo and justified given unfinished story and lot of things they could do to develop her character more)is incredibly small and unlikely to ever see light of day.
    But as saying goes better something than nothing.

Also if i remember correctly ex pokemon director Masamitsu Hidaka in his interview said Misty will continue to appear coming for some arc like May did or for something else.He just didnt specified when and in what saga,and while this may not mean much thats the closest official info we got regarding said character future so far.
    People can believe what they want but "things shouldnt be viewed only as dark with light always exiting out there"(if you get what i mean).
    I get what you mean. We should all respect other shippings and their views while we, as well, live up to Pokeshipping. You never know with the anime, chances are it may happen.
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.