Pokeshipping General Discussion - Page 23

Page 23 of 430 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Poke/Contest/Ikari Lover brigette's Avatar

Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

I have been watching a lot of Pokemon AMVs on youtube and I've noticed something worth sharing (though you all might be aware of this by now). A lot of people who post AMVs that are solely about Ash/Satoshi (where the users don't typically associate themselves with pairings/shippings at all) will almost always go to Misty as the default if they are creating a video about Ash that maybe once or twice references something dealing with romance. Has anyone else noticed this too?

I think one of the strongest points to make in the PokeShipping argument is that most people who grew up watching the show (and still watch it) think of it as canon, despite Misty not being a regular on the show (or showing up for a while for that matter). She just... makes the most sense.

Any other thoughts on this?

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by brigette View Post
    I have been watching a lot of Pokemon AMVs on youtube and I've noticed something worth sharing (though you all might be aware of this by now). A lot of people who post AMVs that are solely about Ash/Satoshi (where the users don't typically associate themselves with pairings/shippings at all) will almost always go to Misty as the default if they are creating a video about Ash that maybe once or twice references something dealing with romance. Has anyone else noticed this too?

I think one of the strongest points to make in the PokeShipping argument is that most people who grew up watching the show (and still watch it) think of it as canon, despite Misty not being a regular on the show (or showing up for a while for that matter). She just... makes the most sense.

Any other thoughts on this?
    I kinda noticed it too,Some actually makes videos more on Ash(HImself) than to ship Ash with..though,Pokeshipping makes sense,and I like the way you said..

She just... makes the most sense.
    In this case,..I agreed.I somehow describe Misty as the best female-lead in POkemon and for Ash*no offense to others*.I usually say that Misty makes more impact,and their arguements are like no other..
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

#Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

Florida! I have to admit I wish I lived in some faraway place.

I personally think PokeShipping has the best relationship then most pairings.There reactions to each other when one of them is injure or sad they literally drop everything to help. There constant bickering and denails of being a couple. They lie and say they don't care about eachother which is so not true. As much as they fight they really do care it might be just friendship but I think its more then that.

Quote Originally Posted by TsunamiMist View Post
    As much as they fight they really do care it might be just friendship but I think its more then that.
    Well I'm one of those people that believes a good (romantic) relationship should come from a very strong friendship =] So the fact that they could start off as really good friends (best friends!) makes it even more likely to me that they will end up together =]

Blog Entries

I find PokeShipping the most reasonable ship with the most solid hints. Well, this is coming from my own opinion.

A Fansite dedicated to Misty/Kasumi

Visit my sites and see my works:
    Multiply
    Minitokyo
    Deviantart
    Animepaper

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TsunamiMist View Post
    I personally think PokeShipping has the best relationship then most pairings.There reactions to each other when one of them is injure or sad they literally drop everything to help. There constant bickering and denails of being a couple. They lie and say they don't care about eachother which is so not true. As much as they fight they really do care it might be just friendship but I think its more then that.
    aGREED.I acutally think even how long Pokeshipping cam to be.It still keep on going,Pokehsipping is timeless...a never-ending love and friendship..and their arguements!?who knew that it will be an unforgetable moments that every shippers will always remember,I also believe that Pokeshipping hints were truly unbreakable,and still on going.

Quote Originally Posted by brigette View Post
    Well I'm one of those people that believes a good (romantic) relationship should come from a very strong friendship =] So the fact that they could start off as really good friends (best friends!) makes it even more likely to me that they will end up together =]
    Their friendship is STRONG,and I think it's more than a friendship thing.the stronger the friendship is..the stronger how they feels to each other...

Quote Originally Posted by jczala View Post
    I find PokeShipping the most reasonable ship with the most solid hints. Well, this is coming from my own opinion.
    *nods*
    ..and also there's nothing to stop us from just changing our minds about PokéShipping and the way Ash and Misty's Love came.*this is in my opinion only*

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashistかすみ聡Wilketch View Post
    aGREED.I acutally think even how long Pokeshipping cam to be.It still keep on going,Pokehsipping is timeless...a never-ending love and friendship..and their arguements!?who knew that it will be an unforgetable moments that every shippers will always remember,I also believe that Pokeshipping hints were truly unbreakable,and still on going.
    Totally agreed. I find it odd how some people actually find ways around certain hints. Sure some are debatable, but a lot are undeniable.
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Totally agreed. I find it odd how some people actually find ways around certain hints. Sure some are debatable, but a lot are undeniable.
    yes!they maybe very Debatable but the way Pokeshipping make hints or having their hints is way...different..having ''GCYL'' best describes it.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by magmortar123 View Post
    I doubt most deny Misty's feelings. It's Ash's that are entirely up in the air. You guys can sit comfortably knowing your 'ship is one-sided canon (fo'sho that Misty does indeed like him), but that doesn't mean it'll stop being one-sided by the time the series ends. One-sided canon is no guarantee of them being returned, and is simply at this point a character trait of Misty's.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zorua View Post
    I doubt most deny Misty's feelings. It's Ash's that are entirely up in the air. You guys can sit comfortably knowing your 'ship is one-sided canon (fo'sho that Misty does indeed like him), but that doesn't mean it'll stop being one-sided by the time the series ends. One-sided canon is no guarantee of them being returned, and is simply at this point a character trait of Misty's.
    Even a little matter of Misty's return,it's a big one.just in case,Misty returning or not,it's not going to the end of Pokeshipping,and how we support is something how we believe,we're not going to loose our hopes and you're right,but I know it will also turn out to be just fine as long as we still won't loose our hopes to a ship.It's quite hard,and I think we'll have to wait for the right answer,if Misty will return or not.

(ps.no offense,it's my opinion only...)

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashistかすみ聡Wilketch View Post
    Even a little matter of Misty's return,it's a big one.just in case,Misty returning or not,it's not going to the end of Pokeshipping,and how we support is something how we believe,we're not going to loose our hopes and you're right,but I know it will also turn out to be just fine as long as we still won't loose our hopes to a ship.It's quite hard,and I think we'll have to wait for the right answer,if Misty will return or not.

(ps.no offense,it's my opinion only...)
    Very true! I'll never give up hope that Misty will return, no matter how little of a chance it is. And it's even littler of a chance that they'll be a couple, but I'll never stop believin'!
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by magmortar123 View Post
    Very true! I'll never give up hope that Misty will return, no matter how little of a chance it is. And it's even littler of a chance that they'll be a couple, but I'll never stop believin'!
    *Hi-five*
    I always thought that same thing.We're POkehsippers,and I know we won't give up like that easily,still ''waiting'' is our hope for Misty's return,whenever a little chance of her return may occur,believing in a ship like POkehsipping,that has to be long-timed,(did I get that right??)is always alive since we came to support it.We still got our Hopes up!right??

I just watched the second movie for the first time...
    Why do you think it has far more Pokeshipping hints than in any of the other movies?

Blog Entries

I just watched the second movie for the first time...
    Why do you think it has far more Pokeshipping hints than in any of the other movies?
    I think it's because at the time they weren't really promoting anything other than the movie or the OI Saga itself, I think that's why they chose to give it that bit more depth and explore their relationship. As soon as Jhoto started it was back to promoting games, and they obviously want that to be what the anime is about, so they neglected to focus on their relationship once more, in light of that.

There were still strong PokeShipping hints all the way through until Misty left, but I think that's the reason they did ramp it up for a while. They allowed the anime to go in it's own direction and that way we started to see their relationship on another level, but since then they've reverted back to game guide 101.

I know a lot of people say that it's very unlikely that they'll end up together since the relationship has portrayed itself as one-sided canon (since Ash honestly hasn't really shown any romantic feelings toward anyone yet...just strong friendship). However, many relationships start off as one-sided and can grow into something that's mutual (this is the case for plenty of anime/games/books/movies/etc. so I don't think the fact that it's one-sided at the moment should really stop people from believing it could happen some day.