Pokeshipping General Discussion - Page 214

Page 214 of 430 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 6450
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

Nostalgic Shippers
    For many, this ship is a memory from our childhoods. People who have grown up watching the Original Series (such as myself) identify the “original trio” of Ash, Brock and Misty with happy, fun-filled youth, when we would get up in the mornings to watch our favorite little balls of destruction duke it out on the television. Considering the Original Series, there was little to no alternative to PokeShipping (ideas like PalletShipping and BoulderShipping being outside of our comprehension, and likely out of our realm of knowledge). Therefore, it was assumed that Ash and Misty were in fact romantically attached (if slightly one-sidedly so). Nostalgic Shippers are attached to the idea because they’re fond of it, much in the way you might be fond of your first toy. These are the Shippers least likely to switch out to other ships.
    That's me. As I said before, I always thought about Ash&Misty as THE couple from Pokemon. After watching OS as a kid it was hard for me to believe otherwise.

----------

I don't exactly agree with it being one of the most canonical ship--look at Altoshipping, It states in Latias's character thing for bulbapedia that she has a crush on Ash, and yet, many evidenceshippers don't care about it.
    CotD-ships continue rarely and are better for those who mostly value aesthetic aspect of the shipping.
    Last edited by Agent_Kir; 29th September 2010 at 05:28 AM.

I haven't post anything for a while but now I have to say that I won't ever switch to Negaishipping. Poke is the only Ash ship for me even though Iris seems to be pretty nice character or even though there'd be hints of their relationship.

And how can people say that Negai is new Poke, as only two episodes of Best Wishes are aired? O.o *does not get it*

I'm glad to know Iris is not like Misty at all so I can throw away the notion of Negaishipping being the new Pokeshipping.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

And how can people say that Negai is new Poke, as only two episodes of Best Wishes are aired? O.o *does not get it*
    *nods* i think POkeshipping will always have something that is so unique..and even that happens..I will never let POkeshipping go..^^
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

#Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

@Ashistかすみ聡Wilketch

Love the banner!

I was just, out of interest, looking through some web archives of the old PokeShipping threads. I keep hearing things about the "ship wars", and can guess what that was all about. Anyway, I noticed that we were a lot more organized back in those days, and there was all this stuff about executives and merging with other threads, et cetera. Compelling stuff.
    I got to thinking, why don't we organize a bit? Like Archaic said, perhaps some sort of official page would be of use, as well as some sort of "manifesto", for lack of a better term...
    But perhaps I'm simply being silly. Do you prefer this sort of casual, informal organization? I'd like to hear from the older Shippers for sure, or even if you just have an opinion on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Normish View Post
    I was just, out of interest, looking through some web archives of the old PokeShipping threads. I keep hearing things about the "ship wars", and can guess what that was all about. Anyway, I noticed that we were a lot more organized back in those days, and there was all this stuff about executives and merging with other threads, et cetera. Compelling stuff.
    I got to thinking, why don't we organize a bit? Like Archaic said, perhaps some sort of official page would be of use, as well as some sort of "manifesto", for lack of a better term...
    But perhaps I'm simply being silly. Do you prefer this sort of casual, informal organization? I'd like to hear from the older Shippers for sure, or even if you just have an opinion on this matter.
    The way you talk, back in the day, Pokeshippers were organized to the point of being militant and I don't think we need to start gathering ranks unless Negaishipping becomes a legitimate threat. I like the way it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidPSFan View Post
    The way you talk, back in the day, Pokeshippers were organized to the point of being militant and I don't think we need to start gathering ranks unless Negaishipping becomes a legitimate threat. I like the way it is now.
    Ha, yes, I was worried people would think I was being militant. If I come off that way, it's only because I like to be organized. Call it obsessive, but I like structure in things.
    But no, no militant shipping is being endorsed by me.

Actually, to give you an idea of what I mean, take a look at this archive: http://web.archive.org/web/20100930011718/http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=10911

Blog Entries

^LETS INVADE!

I have a new obsession...Righteous Flame!

Quote Originally Posted by firezard View Post
    ^LETS INVADE!
    LOL!

EDIT: Wow, 100 posts already!

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Regarding Iris and Misty and Ash and Negai and Poké and world peace and really, guys:

Can we officially move on from it? It's been two episodes; what people say about NegaiS in comparison to PokeS is just them speculating. It's not something to get all chicken-head-cut-off about. Even if it's a "threat"...just keep your heads down, and don't whinge so much.

Regarding people leaving for Negai: this happens all the time; it's nothing to ostracize people for, and anyone who thinks they should be...should be ashamed of themselves. People are individuals. They'll ship what they like and no one has any right to criticize what they do in fandom. Don't make them feel bad for 'ships something OTHER than PokeS, and don't make them feel bad if they leave altogether. That makes you look like an ass for alienating anyone who may still want to return, or stick around. Considering you have no right to judge another person solely for who they want to hook up in fiction.

You already have alienated some of your supporters, btw.

Shipping isn't just about canon; no one cares what "has the most evidence" and "what's so obvious". That's medieval thinking. You can't think like that anymore, not with how the show moves.

Now move away from Negai and start talking about PokeS without it before I hear any more complaints, considering I'm hearing a number of them about this thread. If this gets any worse...I can shut down the thread. That's a formal warning (that should have come hours ago, but it's still good).

Oh, yeah. Militarism is bad. Be happier, less stressed, more carefree.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Looks like this thread needs a new topic to keep us busy!

What is your favourite Pokeshipping hint and why?

Mine would be the one in Pokeball Peril where Team Rocket accused them of being a couple and they both blush and deny it. It's also one of the rare times that Ash has blushed at the main girl. <3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender View Post

Mine would be the one in Pokeball Peril where Team Rocket accused them of being a couple and they both blush and deny it. It's also one of the rare times that Ash has blushed at the main girl. <3
    100% agree! Really I include just about the entire orange islands as one huge hint haha but that on specifically is mine as well

I have a new obsession...Righteous Flame!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender View Post

I can't pick a favorite. There are so many good ones!

Resident Nympho Princess of Lumas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm definetly an evidence shipper. If another ship has more evidence, so be it. I will support it.

I love it when Tracey paired them together...and the talk when they left. And when Misty stalked Ash...and when Misty was dressed in a kimono and Ash got goo-goo eyed about Misty...and when he groppabbed her in her bikini...
    Ryou Bakura, Yami Bakura, and I live together in Lief's bedroom. Back off