Pokeshipping General Discussion - Page 212

Page 212 of 430 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 6450
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pokeshipping General Discussion

...Manjoume-san-da!..... Jolty Febe's Avatar

Default Re: Pokeshipping General Discussion

well, that pic has advanceshipping(I think pokeshipping has more evidence but i'm an advanceshipper at heart, and I like it better...) too...whatever.

Anyways, as a supporter of pokeshipping who hates the ship(sorry...I've failed you all)I'm disappointed how you think that Iris is the new misty which is why you are supporting negaishipping when we haven't even really watched a season of it.

and in any event, I think pokeshipping is one of the most canonical ships out there.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't post here then. Pokeshipping is my favorite Ash x Main girl ship, but I like a whole bunch of others. Don't hate me
    OMG NO. Don't worry about that, please. I'm a huge multishipper and I still post here (albeit rarely, due to the quality of the thread recently). There's no rule saying you can't multiship. I don't think anyone in here is gonna hate you for multishipping, and if they do...that's their problem. 8D Don't let it hold you back from posting here.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not to ruin your BW ship cameo thing, but didn't Misty's handkerchief have polka dots on it, not stripes?
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

^ Haha yeah, when I saw that picture I was all, "lol, that's just the pattern of the chair, not the handkerchief"...
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    OMG NO. Don't worry about that, please. I'm a huge multishipper and I still post here (albeit rarely, due to the quality of the thread recently). There's no rule saying you can't multiship. I don't think anyone in here is gonna hate you for multishipping, and if they do...that's their problem. 8D Don't let it hold you back from posting here.
    =D Okee dokey then! (I only said that because Pokeshippers tend to be one of the more dedicated shipping groups and didn't want to piss anyone here off.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jugon View Post
    Here's a bigger one:

*Notices lack of handkerchief* Aw man, and here I got my hopes up for nothing...

There is no handkerchief, only things from Sinnoh.

BTW

Ash and Misty as Sith Lords. What can be more awesome?

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Kir View Post
    Where did the Teddiursa figure come from? *has missed a chunk of DP*

BTW

Combining two things I love, Pokémon and Star Wars XD I can't see either one going to the Dark Side though lol.

Where did the Teddiursa figure come from? *has missed a chunk of DP*
    It's May's Teddiursa.
    I've posted the picture with all things highlighted some time ago.

Combining two things I love, Pokémon and Star Wars XD I can't see either one going to the Dark Side though lol.
    That's easy! Jedi are not into love (canonically!), Poke-anime writers are not into love too. To break this celibatic circle Ash and Misty left the anime and joined the Sith.

BTW

Ash and Misty as Inquisitors for Warhammer 40,000? I smell a fan-art...

I've been working on an essay to post here that I think can address several of our concerns, I should have it up by tonight.

And concerning all this talk about people leaving Pokeshipping: If playing Warhammer has taught me anything, it's that unquestioning loyalty is something worth possessing. And that is what I have for this ship. No matter how desperate the times, I will fight for it, and I will support it.

Ash and Misty as Inquisitors for Warhammer 40,000?
    HELL YEAH!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post
    Not to ruin your BW ship cameo thing, but didn't Misty's handkerchief have polka dots on it, not stripes?
    Thats true. Its too big to be the handkerchief and it looks nothing like it either. Trust me, I'd know. But I still hope for an appearance of the handkerchief in Isshu =3

I personally believe Misty will get her appearance in Isshu to make up for the lack of appearance in Sinnoh.

(Just to talk about what we've been talking about while I was gone)
    I dont think I would ever switch to Negai even if it had more hints than Poke. I will always believe Poke is the original and meant to come true. I still hope it comes true =3

Stay. Away. From. My. Cookie.

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^Thank god. I'm not the only one who won't switch :P I think if we believe hard enough we'll pull through.
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Good news everyone: I've finished my essay on PokeShipping today. I can't believe I actually got around to writing three pages worth of it, but, for all it's worth, here you go: my gift to you. Also, feel free to make any suggestions or contributions to it if you feel it needs expansion or editing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Evolving Nature of PokeShipping
    PokeShipping, being the romantic pairing of the characters Ash and Misty, is one of the most ancient and venerable traditions in the fandom of the Pokémon anime. It is the ship with largest base, one of the oldest histories, and arguably the most evidence. That evidence is not the subject of reflection here. What is of concern in this hopefully brief discourse is the spirit of the ship, how it is changing, and what can be done to keep it alive.

Firstly, let us address the reasons why we all support this ship. There are, according to my own classifications, three main types of PokeShippers: the Nostalgic Shippers, the Evidence Shippers, and the Aesthetic Shippers. Keep in mind that these classifications are how I observe various Shippers, and are in no way any kind of definite categorization.

Nostalgic Shippers
    For many, this ship is a memory from our childhoods. People who have grown up watching the Original Series (such as myself) identify the “original trio” of Ash, Brock and Misty with happy, fun-filled youth, when we would get up in the mornings to watch our favorite little balls of destruction duke it out on the television. Considering the Original Series, there was little to no alternative to PokeShipping (ideas like PalletShipping and BoulderShipping being outside of our comprehension, and likely out of our realm of knowledge). Therefore, it was assumed that Ash and Misty were in fact romantically attached (if slightly one-sidedly so). Nostalgic Shippers are attached to the idea because they’re fond of it, much in the way you might be fond of your first toy. These are the Shippers least likely to switch out to other ships.

Evidence Shippers
    Others may support PokeShipping due to high count of clues and evidence in its favor. In the eyes of many fans, PokeShipping has reached near-canonical status (while still, nevertheless, not being canon), and hence, due to an attachment to the authorities on such matters (read: the authors and producers of the show), support the ship. This does not mean that it is the only reason they support the ship, as I shall explain later on. These Shippers are the most likely to switch over to another one should it become canon or gain more support and provide more evidence.

Aesthetic Shippers
    The most informal kind of Shipper, their interest is aesthetic. To them, Ash and Misty look “cute” together, and love the various ways they can be represented together through fan-made art, fan-made fiction, or even official works. These are the Shippers most likely to “multi-ship”, as they can appreciate the aesthetical value of other ships as well.

It is very likely that many of us fit into more than one category. I know that I myself hold on to this ship for nostalgic value, as much as I do for its perceived status (adding that I may rescind a little from it if it is denied canonically – but more on that later on). I must stress however that we are all PokeShippers, and no matter your particular reasons for supporting this glorious ship, we are all in the same boat, so to speak.

With that out of the way, we can turn to the changes affecting our ship. Possibly the largest threat to its integrity is Misty’s noticeable absence from the anime. Since the end of Season 5 “Master Quest”, Misty’s appearances on the show have been rare, and none can be called “PokeShippy” in all honesty. This has led some to doubt the ship’s current relevance. If Ash no longer really cares about Misty (as is becoming more and more suggested), or even, God forbid, Misty forgets about Ash, then what does it mean to be a PokeShipper anymore?

In response to that one could say that we always have the past. No matter what goes down, it is undeniable to us that there was some romantic attraction in the Original Series, not counting several of the feature-length films. Hence, PokeShipping may well become a “historical ship”. Misty may have had feelings for Ash in the past, and vice-versa, but this is no longer true. Note that this is only a proposed theory for the future of the ship. I do not in fact support it. This outcome would be easier on the Aesthetic Shippers and the Nostalgic Shippers, to whom it either doesn’t matter or who hold on to the past anyway. The Evidence Shippers will be however, harmed the most.

Another threat besieging our beloved ship is the presence of other ships related to Ash and Misty. These include, but are not limited to AdvanceShipping, PearlShipping and more recently NegaiShipping in Ash’s case, EgoShipping and OrangeShipping in Misty’s. Many of these have evidence to support them as well (whether we choose to disregard this evidence and counter it is our own decision), but none contain so much support as PokeShipping. There has been a tendency of late to support NegaiShipping, a pairing of Ash and Iris, a character from the newest season of the anime,” Best Wishes”, and this has caused significant distress in our community. I will address it now, in order to get it out of the way.

NegaiShipping is new, and that is its greatest appeal. Someone new and seemingly interesting, Iris fits the new look of the Pokémon anime, where changes have been made great and small. My estimate is that it will follow the path of AdvanceShipping and PearlShipping: it will gain a steady following, but will not reach PokeShipping in terms of stature and gravitas. However, one issue it does present is that it weakens our ship, as does every opponent. As has already been witnessed, it appeals to the Aesthetic Shipper, and possibly in the future, to Evidence Shippers as well (this is of course dependent on whether it gains any evidence over the course of “Best Wishes”; episode count for this new series is still low).

I would like to mention, a little off-handedly, something that has been on my mind for some time: even if Ash does get a new romantic pairing with more attractiveness and evidence than our own, even if a new relationship is made canon (not necessarily NegaiShipping or any of the previously mentioned ones), it doesn’t really matter. As Misty’s reappearance grows ever more unlikely, we can still grasp to her as a rock, as an anchor. Her feelings are not in doubt, they will not change. Of course, PokeShipping will become a one-sided ship, but that makes it all the more tragically romantic. While I have every wish to see the current dual-sided version come to fruition, it may very well take this other path. This future would actually work out for all three kinds of Shippers; although it will obviously come as a blow to all of us should it come to pass.

That concludes the list of major threats to PokeShipping that I can identify. Now we must see what we can do to keep our ship alive. I doubt sincerely that it will diminish in strength and vitality, but as the Boy Scouts of America say, “Be Prepared.”

1. Talk about it. This is essential. If we are to encourage it and preserve it, the ship must not be allowed to sink. The best way to do this is to hold discussions, as we have been. We must not only exclaim our joy at belonging to it, but also discuss possible ways it could be weakened. Reasoned debate about our future would also help to clarify PokeShipping’s status to some of its members.
    2. Post fan-art and fan-fiction. Need I say more? Visual or written representation of Ash and Misty together in romantic situations or for that matter, any situation (even apart), not only keeps us thinking and talking about the ship, but also encourages other Shippers to present themselves, especially Aesthetic Shippers.
    3. Be willing to accept changes and stagnation. This will be most difficult for Nostalgic Shippers. As mentioned earlier, the possibility that the dynamic of the ship may change is a very real one, but no matter what happens, we must be willing to preserve PokeShipping, in any shape or form.
    4. Remain loyal. This final suggestion cannot be stressed enough. Loyalty is an important aspect of any ship, but the surest way of keeping PokeShipping in memory is to stand by it, and defend it. We cannot abandon everything that we have believed and still do about these characters and this show.

In conclusion, it must be said that this is after all, only a ship. It is the pairing together of two entirely fictional characters from an anime based off a game set in a fictional world. In the broader context of our lives, it does not matter. Do not obsess over it (well, you can obsess over it, but don’t let it control your life). I’m sure this goes without saying to any of you, but I feel that I must offer some sort of disclaimer. Remember, PokeShipping has always been the way, it is the way, and it shall always remain the way! Ever onwards and forwards, evolving and changing, holding fast and standing strong, never to fall into darkness or oblivion. I hope this brief essay has allowed you to reflect on our ship, and has helped you to reach conclusions of your own. Whatever your future path, good luck and Godspeed!

-The Normish, 28/09/2010

BTW

LOL. They just finished airing Star Wars Episode V in my country and now I see this. Hehe. Thanks for cheering me up :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Normish View Post
    Good news everyone: I've finished my essay on PokeShipping today. I can't believe I actually got around to writing three pages worth of it, but, for all it's worth, here you go: my gift to you. Also, feel free to make any suggestions or contributions to it if you feel it needs expansion or editing.
    =3 that made me happy. Hey, maybe we can put some of that on the Pokeshipping page archaic asked us to fix up? With permission from The Normish, of course.

Stay. Away. From. My. Cookie.