PenguinShipping General Discussion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PenguinShipping General Discussion

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Default PenguinShipping General Discussion

Well since the other Penguin threads were closed, I decided to make a new one!

Anyway In DP180 it was confirmed that this ship is one-sided canon on Kenny's side! What do you think!?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PenguinShipping General Discussion

Just to be sure, since it is my first post here, I will state that I understand the rules of this forum.

I do also support HeattagShipping, but I always thought Kenny had some interest in Dawn. You usually tease the ones you like, and Kenny has been teasing Dawn a lot, with her nickname for instance. It wouldn't surprise me if, after this season ends with Ash competing in the Sinnoh League, Dawn will go with Kenny to improve her coordination skills, since they both like contests. I see some similarities with Drew and May.
    Ash and Angie 4ever!
    You can find my fanfics here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~LatiosFan (reviews appreciated!)

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    Just to be sure, since it is my first post here, I will state that I understand the rules of this forum.
    That, I'm not asking anyone to do here. *hand wave* Only in threads I start and ask of.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the topic title having the "general discussion" in it, and remember that all restarted threads have the same, so I assumed this was also a thread where actively stating the a poster complies to the rules was needed.

@yoshi12370: Can you give some explanation what happens in that episode that makes this ship one sided canon? It's not available here yet...
    Ash and Angie 4ever!
    You can find my fanfics here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~LatiosFan (reviews appreciated!)

Post Thanks / Like

I will admit I didn't like this shipping at first, I paired Dawn with Zoey, Paul and Barry at first, I did do a Kenny vs Barry for Dawn AMV.

I like how ships are being one sided canon, I always thought Kenny's crush was cute!

I know alittle of what was said in the letter, however the translation I read didn't said Dawn thought Kenny was cool beating Ash is that true?

Also I like to know what Dawn and Jasmine were talking about at the center that Kenny was hearing and what Brock said to Kenny about his girl problems, can anyone translate it for me?

Inside a blue box that is bigger on the inside
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

AAh,penguin shipping,one of the first one born in DP...I like it,in a but-only-as-one-sided-way(same with heat-tag,really.That is the reason I can like both xD).

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    I saw the topic title having the "general discussion" in it, and remember that all restarted threads have the same, so I assumed this was also a thread where actively stating the a poster complies to the rules was needed.

@yoshi12370: Can you give some explanation what happens in that episode that makes this ship one sided canon? It's not available here yet...

the calm before the storm Peaceful Moonlight's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I am a Twinleafshipper (but mostly for the in game stuff), but I also adore PenguinShipping ^^

Really, this Eppy is one of the only DP ones I`ll actually watch and not just read up on. Can`t wait for it!

*Looks at pic* LoLz it`s so cool, love Ash`s naive obliviousness while Kenny is having a mental spaz out

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Here's a rough translation of the letter Hikari left Kengo at the end of the recent episode. Frankly, this together with her body language, etc (like her line at the end after they've waved goodbye, saying Kengo looked a "little cool" when he beat Satoshi), puts Penguin in the same category as Contest in my mind now.

Again, this is a rough translation only.

"About that thing from before, I thought I'd think about it after I've watched Satoshi's battles at the league. That answer...I intend to give on my own. But I know I'm still intending to become a top co-ordinator. Kengo, so long as you have the same dream, I'm sure we'll meet again like today."
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    Here's a rough translation of the letter Hikari left Kengo at the end of the recent episode. Frankly, this together with her body language, etc (like her line at the end after they've waved goodbye, saying Kengo looked a "little cool" when he beat Satoshi), puts Penguin in the same category as Contest in my mind now.

Again, this is a rough translation only.

"About that thing from before, I thought I'd think about it after I've watched Satoshi's battles at the league. That answer...I intend to give on my own. But I know I'm still intending to become a top co-ordinator. Kengo, so long as you have the same dream, I'm sure we'll meet again like today."
    I agree! Thanks for the translation! I wonder how this ship would go if it was touched on more...

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    It was always implied since Kenny's first episode that he liked her, he blushed over her wearing a dress way back in his debut episode.

However Penguin wasn't really pushed that heavily, mainly cause of Kenny's lack of appearances and the fact that Dawn's contest arc wasn't shipping oriented.

Since I think that was intended to be Kenny's final episode, (much like that final Drew/Harley ep in AG), I don't know how it can be picked up upon from here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    However Penguin wasn't really pushed that heavily, mainly cause of Kenny's lack of appearances and the fact that Dawn's contest arc wasn't shipping oriented.
    Kinda makes you wonder if they really intend to make Kenny Dawn's answer to Drew. It was never really pushed as much as the Drew/May thing. I suppose it's the only "possible" one now for her. But, I have a feeling it will go the way of most Ash pairings, and continue to be one-sided forever.

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Looks to me Hikari was quite torn apart from making such an important decision on such a short notice. I have the feeling she would have said yes if it wasn't because she felt she would be betraying her friend Satoshi if she didn't go with him to the league to support him like he supported her in the GF, which was the reason she left Kengo the letter along with the Pochama figurine (quite a cute detail if you ask me).

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ナツメ View Post
    Looks to me Hikari was quite torn apart from making such an important decision on such a short notice. I have the feeling she would have said yes if it wasn't because she felt she would be betraying her friend Satoshi if she didn't go with him to the league to support him like he supported her in the GF, which was the reason she left Kengo the letter along with the Pochama figurine (quite a cute detail if you ask me).
    But Kengo is said after the league...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello everyone :) I've never been much of a Penguinshipper, but if I'd have to choose one shipping for Dawn, that'd be Penguinshipping. ^^ I think it's the most canon one outta them.

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    But Kengo is said after the league...
    ... uh? I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast