Pearlshipping General Discussion - Page 13
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion

You just got PK'd PK I'm BAAACK~'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pearlshipping General Discussion

Hey everyone! =D Long time no post! I'm back to say hi and hope everyone's doing good!

What was Ash's and Dawn's closest moment of bonding in the anime?

I dunno, either Tanks for the memories or Doc Brock... I honestly can't put my finger on it... I mean in tanks for the memories, they both had ice cream aq cheering up moment etc. Then in Doc Brock they took care of the pkmn together etc. Maybe Tanks for the memories I guess...?

I'm sure to some of you you're in shock right now about me being here... I haven't really been that into it lately, sorry guys! So anyways, I'm going to try and maybe make a little one-shot sometime soon... WE NEED MORE SHIPPY-NESS! ~ So as ppgz (Ppgz(Blossom!) XD) would say, PeArLsHiPpInG!!! <3
    *CURRENTLY* why do you wanna know wot im currtly doing? SLAKTER!

Also, be sure to check out my new little one shot! Rated G and made for winter (called: "Winter with Friends")
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/

You can also check out the sign-ups to my RPG... Please?
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/bmgf-secret-santa-90989/

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys think if Dawn decides to stay with Ash ever after the League does it confirm that pearlshipping is canon?
    I think DP is the only series that had a steady amount of hints and interactions between Ash and Dawn. Every 2 or 3 episodes there is a compliment from Ash, support from Dawn, "cute" moments or just bonding. I think this was done on purpose, and it should be culminating soon, probably by DP 180.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, hey! :D I mostly support AdvanceShipping but I think PearlShipping is adorable too..I just never posted here...

So...can I join the discussion?

What was Ash's and Dawn's closest moment of bonding in the anime?

I'd like to say Tanks for the Memories. The two went off to eat some ice cream together. They must've bonding during that time together. Plus, it was an adorable scene. ;)

Do you guys think if Dawn decides to stay with Ash ever after the League does it confirm that pearlshipping is canon?

I don't know if it would really canonize the ship, it would just be like PokeShipping. Misty went with Ash to Johto but no one ever considered it a hint.
    One thing's for sure, I'd be really happy if Dawn stayed! *shot*

And a screenshot:

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan38 View Post

I don't know if it would really canonize the ship, it would just be like PokeShipping. Misty went with Ash to Johto but no one ever considered it a hint.
    One thing's for sure, I'd be really happy if Dawn stayed! *shot*
    The difference is, Misty never had something like High Touch and she never was a main character.
    With Dawn they have a chance to develop a more meaningful relationship as both characters are a whole lot more equal to each other than anyone.

If a future episode was about Dawn's feelings (ie. does she really care more about Ash than an opportunity to begin her quest for a new grand festival in Johto?) and there are hints of Dawn being very attached to Ash, then its likely the shipping will be very close to official.

Besides their perspective goals, the whole series has been about them sharing moments together (Brock being left out in the majority of the time).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MisterUrban View Post
    If a future episode was about Dawn's feelings (ie. does she really care more about Ash than an opportunity to begin her quest for a new grand festival in Johto?) and there are hints of Dawn being very attached to Ash, then its likely the shipping will be very close to official.
    Attached doesn't seem like a fitting word, IMO. It makes it seem like Dawn is crazy obsessed with Ash, which she's not. (It'd make for interesting hints but I don't want Dawn to have OCD or something)

And it seems that the next episode with the Ash/Kenny battle will reveal a couple of Pearl hints. And it might possibly determine whether or not Dawn will go to Isshu or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Attached doesn't seem like a fitting word, IMO. It makes it seem like Dawn is crazy obsessed with Ash, which she's not. (It'd make for interesting hints but I don't want Dawn to have OCD or something)

And it seems that the next episode with the Ash/Kenny battle will reveal a couple of Pearl hints. And it might possibly determine whether or not Dawn will go to Isshu or not.
    Yeah and I can't wait for that episode next week! Anyhow, I made a pearlshipping video, I hope everyone will like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyZwGxohLR0
    Can you hear me?

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

When Pearlshipping becomes canon (as we will most likely see in DP180) I want this to be the slogan for it:

"You can say it now, Pearlshipping is Official!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When Pearlshipping becomes canon (as we will most likely see in DP180) I want this to be the slogan for it:

"You can say it now, Pearlshipping is Official!"
    Well you're confident about this...

If PearlShipping becomes canon, I don't want to see it happen this early on. Maybe if Dawn moves on to Isshu, we can have hints pointing toward it later in the saga. But that's just me.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Well you're confident about this...

If PearlShipping becomes canon, I don't want to see it happen this early on. Maybe if Dawn moves on to Isshu, we can have hints pointing toward it later in the saga. But that's just me.
    Dawn has given Ash more support than any other girl (who else gets their own personal cheerleader?, I think Gary just hired his cheerleading crew). I think by DP 180 we realize that Dawn will continue with Ash, that essentially makes the shipping canon considering that different forces are trying to split them up.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Dawn has given Ash more support than any other girl (who else gets their own personal cheerleader?, I think Gary just hired his cheerleading crew). I think by DP 180 we realize that Dawn will continue with Ash, that essentially makes the shipping canon considering that different forces are trying to split them up.
    If choosing to continue to go with one guy over going with another is any indication of canon, Pokeshipping was canon long before this is (Rudy was once a big deal, you know).

Definition of canon is made into clear-cut facts. Canon is also recognized by the majority (if not the entirety). It's canon there are girls with crushes on Ash; that's fact. It's not canon that any of these girls are Dawn (among other speculated instances). It's not denial saying this. It's honesty.

Their friendship is canon. Dawn's choice to continue to travel with Ash, at its best, a hint toward above-platonic feelings. Not proof.

DP180 has a vast number of ways it can play out in dialog and feelings, but the only thing we know is that she continues to travel with Ash (at least for now). We know this because she needs to stay until the end of the series, since they won't make her leave six months early before the season ends. We don't know why, we don't know the reason, we don't know the outcome of the fight.

Have your hopes, but be prepared for disappointment as well.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zorua View Post
    If choosing to continue to go with one guy over going with another is any indication of canon, Pokeshipping was canon long before this is (Rudy was once a big deal, you know).
    The difference is that Rudy asked Misty for marriage and was not fighting Ash for her. Misty also didnt have any tangible goals, so he had nothing to do besides follow Brock and Ash around unlike her bike appears.

Compared to Dawn, she really needs to plan out her future, she is "on the line" and the whole episode is dedicated o this. If Dawn decides being with Ash is more important than a once in time chance of training with Jasmine in Johto then what does that show?
    Her feelings for Ash have grown more than just mere friendship. Unlike the previous girls, who left with nothing more than some resentment (Misty) or May (a shrug).

Post Thanks / Like

The difference is that Rudy asked Misty for marriage and was not fighting Ash for her. Misty also didnt have any tangible goals, so he had nothing to do besides follow Brock and Ash around unlike her bike appears.

Compared to Dawn, she really needs to plan out her future, she is "on the line" and the whole episode is dedicated o this. If Dawn decides being with Ash is more important than a once in time chance of training with Jasmine in Johto then what does that show?
    Her feelings for Ash have grown more than just mere friendship. Unlike the previous girls, who left with nothing more than some resentment (Misty) or May (a shrug).
    Wrong again, Rudy didn't ask Misty to marry him only to stay in BOTH english and Japanese version (someone even translated it for me) And if Misty had no goals then what was the whirl cup for?

With Jasmine cameoing I doubt the whole episode is about Dawn on the line even the preview wasn't, and even if she choses Ash that doesn't mean she likes him romantically.

Also can someone translate the Dp 180 preview? I want to know all that is said.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melody93 View Post
    Wrong again, Rudy didn't ask Misty to marry him only to stay in BOTH english and Japanese version (someone even translated it for me) And if Misty had no goals then what was the whirl cup for?
    It was even implied that Rudy wanted "misty's hand". So you know what that means.

With Jasmine cameoing I doubt the whole episode is about Dawn on the line even the preview wasn't, and even if she choses Ash that doesn't mean she likes him romantically.
    Kids that age express their emotions differently. They show it by just wanting to be next to the person, regardless of anything else.

Also can someone translate the Dp 180 preview? I want to know all that is said.
    Knowing that you are such a suicidal pokeshipper, I suggest you don't even read it. It might reveal some things that are not comfortable to you....

Post Thanks / Like

It was even implied that Rudy wanted "misty's hand". So you know what that means.

Kids that age express their emotions differently. They show it by just wanting to be next to the person, regardless of anything else.

Knowing that you are such a suicidal pokeshipper, I suggest you don't even read it. It might reveal some things that are not comfortable to you....
    What did it say then? I really wanted to know too :P.
    Anyway if there were a canon shipping it would be pearlshipping, as we saw over the series this bond ash and dawn have.

"Please don't call me arrogant but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one" - José Mourinho

"Real Madrid is an interesting challenge" - José Mourinho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shivan30 View Post
    What did it say then? I really wanted to know too :P.
    Anyway if there were a canon shipping it would be pearlshipping, as we saw over the series this bond ash and dawn have.
    Yeah MrUrban go on and tell us , I'm going to find out anyway and I might as will know if Pearlshipping is becoming canon.

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast