Pearlshipping General Discussion
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion

You just got PK'd PK I'm BAAACK~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pearlshipping General Discussion

Welcome to the pearlshipping general discussion! Here we will talk about the relationship between Ash and Dawn!

Dawn is a coordinator who first came on the show during 'DP'. D = Diamond and P= Pearl. She first met Ash in the third DP episode 'When Pokemon Worlds Collied!'

Ash is a trainer who first came on the show in the very first episode of the original series. The episode was "I Choose You!" Since then he journeyed through different regions. Only until Sinnoh did he meat Dawn for the first time.

YOU DO NOT HAFT TO JOIN THIS THREAD! SO JUST POST WITHOUT STARTING A FLAMEWAR! (codename: 'Flamming')

YESSS! It's back!... I guess we'll start with the oldest topic in the book...

Why do you like pearlshipping?

I like it because of all those little cute moments they get. Like in dp 167 which WAS going to get one *glares at Brock while holding a bazooka*. There are other ones though... Our most known one must be the miltank episode... But I also like their interactions! and that duet just yelled go on here XD

Alright! So guys, what do you think?... Also, I'll answer the latest topic that was on the old thread!

Who would you rather have jealous, Dawn or Ash?

I'd rather have Dawn jealous. I think we all know that they are both equal in terms of chance of getting with anyone. All because their near equally dense with love. T_T But just for the fact that Dawn is sooo much more shippable now'a days rather then Ash. The longer Dawn stays, the more competition. *cough*RepeatedStory,SheIsJustLikeAsh*cough* The more time she stays, the more less romance aware she'll probably get. It'd be nice to know that she actually got jealous and of all people make it Ash! PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by PK I'm BAAACK~; 12th April 2010 at 05:51 PM.
    *CURRENTLY* why do you wanna know wot im currtly doing? SLAKTER!

Also, be sure to check out my new little one shot! Rated G and made for winter (called: "Winter with Friends")
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/

You can also check out the sign-ups to my RPG... Please?
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/bmgf-secret-santa-90989/

Default Re: Pearlshipping General Discussion

Yay, I feel glad I contributed to it's comeback

Why do you like pearlshipping?

It is a very cute ship with a large amount of hints on both sides. I love the way Dawn obviously cares for Ash and Ash wondering why she's like that. Lyra was a good thing for PearlShipping as she made it obvious to the audience, a bit like when Ash and May had that tag battle and that huge argument.

Without a doubt, I would prefer Dawn to be jealous over Ash. She has always seemed the fighting type whenever she doesn't get her way and I reckon that could nicely carry over to a possible (and hopeful) crush on Ash!
    Huge PearlShipping supporter!

Heartgold FC:
    Name: Gary
    FC: 3698 1727 8447

Blog Entries

Dawn!!I luv her temper conpared to DP16 to Paul XD!!
    Man if Dawn was jealous at Ash or something she is so going to that level XD!!
    Glad threads back :3
    http://shinichi4869.deviantart.com/art/Pearlshipping-149677183
    Pearlshipping by~Shinichi4869

Registered User Ppgz(Blossom!) XD's Avatar

Oh YAY!!!!!! It's back!!! I'll start with the very first topiv and fanart!!

Why do you like Pearlshipping?

I like pearlshipping because of the such strong friendship
    between Ash and Dawn, the hints for pearlshipping seem more real and romantic than other shipping hints to me(it's not bashing any other ship!!) And it's just so darn cute!! XD Fanart!!
    Luckyshipper in case you didn't know!
    Credit goes to the amazing Princess of Hoenn!!

"hikarikagayaku"/ SHINE! pikachu_pancakes!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Person on DSi says hi! I'm so happy this thread is back! I'm glad I helped with getting it back too!

{B}What got you into pearlshipping?{B/}

I like how cute they are together!!! They seem to be perfect for eachother, since they get along so well. Then there's the fact that they are always looking out for eachother. Even after fighting in the beginning, they became quick friends. Then/now they seem like bestfriends! I think there is something there! Like their first high five was focused and showed spark. Mean something?

Uh, Utaukukai, may you please credit the website that you got that fanart from? I believe that's 1 of the rules from the headmaster.

Why do you like Pearlshipping?

The possible coupling of Satoshi and Hikari amazed me since DP episode 4 aired. Since then, the interactions between the 2 are more common throughout the DP series (found in most episodes) so I took the time to analyze them closely. Plus, like many said, it's an adorable coupling and I'm very glad they're spending a lot of their time together, given Hikari was made a more leading secondary protagonist than the previous girls.

I loved how they look together and I'm anticipating on the writer's efforts on increasing their relationship.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Registered User Ppgz(Blossom!) XD's Avatar

^ Oh!! I am sooo sorry!! I forgot about that!! I got that pic from photobucket!! They have the best pearlshipping pics there! Please forgive me for endangering the pearlshipping thread!!
    To show my sorryness topic!!

If ash and dawn organized or attended a dance what do you think might happen?

If they attended the dance ash probably woulden't not know how to dance and dawn could teach him!
    Luckyshipper in case you didn't know!
    Credit goes to the amazing Princess of Hoenn!!

Let's see, I agree with the above. Ash probably knows how to dance like a crazy maniac, but never a proper dance, so Dawn would most likely get a bit ticked off with that information and be his dance partner, in which Ash would get confused and a cute moment would happen.

Heartgold FC:

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by UtauKukai! View Post
    ^ Oh!! I am sooo sorry!! I forgot about that!! I got that pic from photobucket!! They have the best pearlshipping pics there!
    Photobucket =/= where it came from. Photobucket might be where you found it, but it's not where it's from. *sigh*

Is there something about these art rules people are not picking up? I need to know, so it can be communicated straighter. Maybe with diagrams.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Love that question!!!! I thought about that in the past, but I forgot!!
    Well, those answers are great, but I think that maybe if Dawn lost the Grand Festival(pretending the dance takes place after), she would be sad, Ash would notice and he would invite Dawn to dance, and Dawn would be a little nervous, confused, and a little animated.

Sorry for writing 'would' so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hun View Post
    Photobucket =/= where it came from. Photobucket might be where you found it, but it's not where it's from. *sigh*

Is there something about these art rules people are not picking up? I need to know, so it can be communicated straighter. Maybe with diagrams.
    It may be that the main rules are alot easier to remember while art may not seem as important in the main scheme of things. I'm not cursing your judgement or anything and I certainly know that your the boss around here and I obviously respect that. but you can clearly see that the person who broke the rules is clearly sorry and I'm sure a quick reminder will suffice.

Back on topic, here's a nice and simple PearlShipping question

Who do you think would confess to the other side and how would they do it?

For me, it's obviously Dawn. Ash is WAY too dense to do something like that and to be honest, he may not recognise his feelings until Dawn tells him hers. These Ships are the perfect example of the Anime writers needing to do a bit more on the character development side of things. Especially for Ash. In my opinion, if Dawn confessed, it would be a particularly random moment or completely out of the blue as Lyra pretty much proved how dense she is.

Heartgold FC:

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gazisultima View Post
    It may be that the main rules are alot easier to remember while art may not seem as important in the main scheme of things. I'm not cursing your judgement or anything and I certainly know that your the boss around here and I obviously respect that. but you can clearly see that the person who broke the rules is clearly sorry and I'm sure a quick reminder will suffice.
    O.o I already warned her; that's not the issue. I need to know if people in general are not understanding the art rules. So I don't have to keep on dishing out warnings, warnings which will turn into infractions. <- We want to avoid that last bit.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by Hun View Post
    O.o I already warned her; that's not the issue. I need to know if people in general are not understanding the art rules. So I don't have to keep on dishing out warnings, warnings which will turn into infractions. <- We want to avoid that last bit.
    Coming from a guy who knows a fair share about memory it could be that the art rules are a fair amount in length. The human mind only remembers 20% of what it reads at the most, and that's without any other distractions. It may be that people are forgetting the rules because they are too long. I'm sure you remember the rules perfectly or much better because you wrote them (or typed them in essence it's the same) and writing is a far better method of storing things in the memory banks. Try simplifying the art rules a tad and get the people to read them again. The response should be better.

Hope I helped :)

Heartgold FC:

Cheese+Pearlshipping=Love Shinju/Pearl's Avatar

ooooh! I found this AWSOME pearlshipping video! It's pretty cool what the creater did to the colors! Plz watch!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGAZtrwJVaU

Who do you think would confess to the other and how?
    Obviously, Dawn would! I think it would happen either:
    a) after Ash saves her from some huge freakin' thingamajig (IDK what) and she realizes she loves him and tells him. Or...
    b) As they go their seperate ways ( *sniffle* ) Dawn kisses him and then run/walks/rides/IKD's away :( sad.

~Shinju/Pearl

Blog Entries

I for my part would like to see Satoshi becoming jealous because this finally would show that he cares about the other gender.

What got you into pearlshipping?

Well, an old one but I loved it since the Cheer leading in Oreburgh Gym.
    Pokémon lasts forever...

Fanfiction.net:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1962116/bladeofjudgement
    DeviantART: http://bladeofjudgement.deviantart.com/

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast